Having a MidWeek ThrowBack.11/2/16 - Let the Party Begin

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
With our Halloween Event winding down, yesterday around 5ish NY Time, Our lovely Glu Goddess K gave us a great surprise she said............
A 5-Star Throwback midweek event starts on Wednesday!

And there was much rejoicing

community_celebration.gif

Sure, we have questions

Will the points be lowered for completion,
What is a 5 Star TB?
What will the Prize configuation be?
Will Lunch be served?

These and many more points to poinder will fill up the thread as we await further word, or no word but ours.

And, if you're coming down from your Halloween Candy Sugar Rush? Then have another piece and feel good again.

(Please no calling for Glu to come and tell us more,
Those pearls of wisdom are like gifts.
Not to be demanded, but appreciate when bestowed.)

And here's a question for you, Do I have to wait 23 more days (Thanksgiving) before I can start decorating for Christmas? Hmmm probably the sugar rush speaking. I'll just open the thread and pipe down.

We_Love_Throwback.gif

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev134567

Comments

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Or maybe we're not having a weekend event?

There's going to be a midweek AND weekend event!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I took it the 5 star event is the norm - get 5 star on gigs and get rewarded points. I hope the points needed are shortened since we're starting a day later - surely Glu wouldn't be that cruel? :eek: Maybe we'll only get to open 3 boxes instead of 4. Hmm so many possibilities!
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Well, we know it's not a SYS, so I'm thinkin' we'll be grinding. But we need a party atmosphere in here. Hmmmm, something with a good beat we can dance to, but must have a meaningful message for the forum........I've got it! .....Want to see Sappho show up in a minute and help us start the party?
    Somebody time it.

We both luvs us some Al.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I took it the 5 star event is the norm - get 5 star on gigs and get rewarded points. I hope the points needed are shortened since we're starting a day later - surely Glu wouldn't be that cruel? :eek: Maybe we'll only get to open 3 boxes instead of 4. Hmm so many possibilities!

That's what I thought about a regular gig event. And I also thought if maybe they'll just do three boxes instead of four? Although that might actually be really complicated to do depending on how it is implemented... So I hope the points are reduced so everyone has a fair chance.
    But thanks Kalinda for popping in to tell us that there will be a weekend event as well!
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    What did we do for the throwback events that had two boxes and then two earnable clothing items? Was that a five-star thing? I can't believe it was not even a month ago and I can't remember lol.

Edited to add: oh, maybe those were SYS events...
    Linda has the current end of the listing of events up to date. Let's check there. Start at the back and go backwards, I think they started in May.....

Edited to Add: Here's the last one Take a Look....

I don't want to post that placard .....players might think it's the real one. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    You read my mind Koko! I was just doing that. I did find one earlier for a midweek 5 star event that had one black box and 3 TB boxes.. Prior to that was the 4 TB boxes. The past few however have been the 2 black boxes, 1 gold box, and one TB box.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    *barges in the door, trips and falls flat on her face* DID SOMEONE MENTION WEIRD AL?!?! :D:D:D

Excellent choice Koko! As a former linguistics student I love that song so much. XD

Though actually this is my favorite:

[video=youtube_share;3cnyErWJx_0]https://youtu.be/3cnyErWJx_0[/video]

The live version is just so... joyful. :D TBH this is probably why I always fail so hard at SYS events. XD

LET'S PARTY!!!
    IMG_0339.jpg
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    Hi!

Will the event be available in all platforms? Thank you! :)
    But with a shortened event...I think all bets are off. We don't know how many points, how many prizes...I'm so excited. :)

oh just saw your post mocastilho
    what platform are you on?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    But with a shortened event...I think all bets are off. We don't know how many points, how many prizes...I'm so excited. :)

oh just saw your post mocastilho
    what platform are you on?

Facebook, Koko! :)
    Koko, I love your pic! :D It's one of my favorite stones and my lucky one! :)

The last mid-week event we didn't get it because we were waiting on the update. Before the SYS events we used to get the 5-star throwback events, but since we don't get one for ages, I wonder if we are going to get this one...
    I can cross my fingers and hope for you..... and that ring..that is the Kobe Diamond. It's the Purple Diamond Ring the Kobe Bryant got wife Vanessa after he was caught cheating on her. Wow. But, it worked, 10 years or so later and they're still together? I love Amethysts, but I've yet to obtain a purple diamond. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I can cross my fingers and hope for you..... and that ring..that is the Kobe Diamond. It's the Purple Diamond Ring the Kobe Bryant got wife Vanessa after he was caught cheating on her. Wow. But, it worked, 10 years or so later and they're still together? I love Amethysts, but I've yet to obtain a purple diamond. :)

Oh my God! Really?? :O
    My mom has a ring with three amethysts that belonged to her gramma. Here according to your college degree there are colors. Mine is pharmaceutical sciences and my color is purple, so my ring (when you finish your degree, sometimes people buy rings related to the degree they have) hopefully if I get one it will have amethysts! :D
    Lucky wife, han? Got a beautiful diamond ring! I would keep the ring, not the husband, but that's just me... :P

I'm keeping my finger crossed as well. I just found out that the halloween decorations were removed. :(:'(
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    *barges in the door, trips and falls flat on her face* DID SOMEONE MENTION WEIRD AL?!?! :D:D:D

Excellent choice Koko! As a former linguistics student I love that song so much. XD

Though actually this is my favorite:

[video=youtube_share;3cnyErWJx_0]https://youtu.be/3cnyErWJx_0[/video]

The live version is just so... joyful. :D TBH this is probably why I always fail so hard at SYS events. XD

LET'S PARTY!!!
    IMG_0339.jpg

He really sang that live, so perfectly? Respect!
    You remind me of the babe...
    Megannita wrote: »
    Well it's overlayed with the album track, but the doubling up of his voice is the live sound, yeah. He possesses that rare talent of being able to sing just as good live as he does on the album. And he's a stickler for detail so he makes his band (who are ridiculously talented in their own right and have been with him since the early 80s) play everything exactly as it is on the album, to the millisecond. It's amazing.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    I just got a mini-update. At least that's what I think it was...the loading bar refilled and all the decorations are gone....I am going to miss that disappearing kitty....just sooo cute
    Sappho wrote: »
    Well it's overlayed with the album track, but the doubling up of his voice is the live sound, yeah. He possesses that rare talent of being able to sing just as good live as he does on the album. And he's a stickler for detail so he makes his band (who are ridiculously talented in their own right and have been with him since the early 80s) play everything exactly as it is on the album, to the millisecond. It's amazing.

He's a god, absolutely. My hubby and I are huge fans.
    He's a god, absolutely. My hubby and I are huge fans.
    Yes, yes he is. I hope to be able to see him live someday.
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    So it's a midweek event for Weird Al fans huh? Okay then.

This was the very first song I heard from him.

Although this has to be my favorite one.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Daleth wrote: »
    I just got a mini-update. At least that's what I think it was...the loading bar refilled and all the decorations are gone....I am going to miss that disappearing kitty....just sooo cute

Yeah I got it too, and now I'm feeling empty without all those cute Halloween stuff:(

So we're going to have an event tomorrow?! That's unusual! Can be the next weekend event related to Kendall's B'day? I got a new mission in K&K today and that make me realize that Kendall is also in KKH and we can get something related to her next time.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Hi everyone, I'm not sure where the best place to ask this is, but I was wondering, what's up with the furniture available to purchase in some homes that doesn't have any stars or hearts? Does that mean we just pay for it and don't get heart/star points?
    I just bought the Montana house because it was a luxe goal and I was excited to furnish it until I noticed that.
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm not sure where the best place to ask this is, but I was wondering, what's up with the furniture available to purchase in some homes that doesn't have any stars or hearts? Does that mean we just pay for it and don't get heart/star points?
    I just bought the Montana house because it was a luxe goal and I was excited to furnish it until I noticed that.

Correct. You buy it and neither your star points nor your heart points increase. This happens in the wardrobe sometimes too.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Pizza, I know that the nursery furniture doesn't give us star/heart points, but those who are in other room generally gives them. TBH since they raised the prices I haven't furnishing my houses :p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!

he sings live so very perfectly. I'll be honest, I can't sit comfortably through a show, but the only two I don't like to miss are Al's and Dweezil Zappa's Zappa Plays Zappa shows. But I tease, I told my hubby that Al is my second husband after PuterHead is no longer with us. His energy, his theatrics, I love Al. There's something about an accordion, and a good song parody....and an orange Zebra zoot Suit...

ok, event tomorrow......hydrate tonight. We'll gather here in a little over 12 hours to usher in the event. Anyone have any good waiting videos? Just because we exploded with Al, doesn't preclude other artists from partying with us. Oh, Fergies video with Kim? When is that out? Or is it? If I could be anybody in the world it would be a cross between Debbie Harry and Fergie
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    So, who's still rocking their Marie Antoinette costume? Just me? :p
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    So, who's still rocking their Marie Antoinette costume? Just me? :p

I am. I even edited a picture of her with a fan to go with it. :)
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    I told my hubby that Al is my second husband after PuterHead is no longer with us. His energy, his theatrics, I love Al.

When I first got really seriously into Weird Al it was shortly after my then-boyfriend had (amicably) broken up with me. When I was enthusing about Al to my friend, talking about what a sweetheart he is, she called him my new boyfriend. XD
    Weird Al is life. <3
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    I am. I even edited a picture of her with a fan to go with it. :)

That's awesome!!!
    Yay to all those still in costume. I just had to change. But it's nice some players are still dressed
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary