Having a MidWeek ThrowBack.11/2/16 - Let the Party Begin

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Savagekkh, is there any chance you just 'thought' you had it? That has happened to me, but I had recent screenshots proving I didn't, so I can attest it's very easy to be mistaken. Do you have any previous pictures of your doll in it? Is it something that looks similar to another dress you already had? You can alway submit a ticket to customer care, but it might help if you have something to validate it. Anyway I'm sorry your first box was a dud. My first boxes were cash, cash and 30 energy. I know I've gotten THOSE before. If you do submit a ticket to customer care, let us know how it turns out. I'm sure your next boxes will be great. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Woke up, opened my game first thing and did a reality show. No points. Go back and check the banner and it's a PARTY event. Ughhhhhh

Oh Gosh same here!:o

Today is a Holiday here and I woke up past 7am and the event had already started I was still sleepy and didn't read what the banner was saying lol

I'm disapointed that they decided to go with this 'throwback sale' again. I call it a party for hackers. Why Glu? Just why? Try at least make an actual selection of a limited number of past items, don't give ALL items to them for free in one day!

The worst part is seeing that other players didn't get the event because supposedly they already have enough items... But guess what?

They added a new batch of throwback items on the last few weeks and those hacked games that already have a huge number of past items are receiving the event...How this is possible?

Not clever at all! Anyway, I got kash in my first box. Hoping to get better stuff on the next ones and be able to finish in time.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    My first black box win was a white box dress I already owned. Thanks Glu. You're like a bad boyfriend who steals stuff from my closet to regift.

Was it the one with the "panels" that also comes in four other colors? Ugh that is frustrating.
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    For everyone who has trouble with party weekends, I promise it gets better as you keep playing and max out your comebacks and celebrity perks. Once you've got those extra energy bonuses, a party is much easier.

Agreed, but this TB event feels extra hard without the benefit of gift box item bonuses with each party guest.

I also wasted my middle-of-the-night event pre-start by starting an eight hour gig at 4 am. I thought 5-star events were gigs, not parties.. oops. :-/
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    Agreed, but this TB event feels extra hard without the benefit of gift box item bonuses with each party guest.

I also wasted my middle-of-the-night event pre-start by starting an eight hour gig at 4 am. I thought 5-star events were gigs, not parties.. oops. :-/

Oh, I've done that! Makes me want to kick myself lol. And you're right, the gb item bonuses are definitely missed during midweeks.
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I don't keep screenshots and it's one of the four dresses with boxes on them. I know I owned it because I won it this month and said 'thank god I have those out of the way and won't have to see the ugly things again in my prize boxes'.

Can't be bothered to write to Glu. They won't care. I only
    Ever get the run around from
    Them and I have no energy for that. That's why I marked it publicly in the forum.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh Gosh same here!:o

Today is a Holiday here and I woke up past 7am and the event had already started I was still sleepy and didn't read what the banner was saying lol

I'm disapointed that they decided to go with this 'throwback sale' again. I call it a party for hackers. Why Glu? Just why? Try at least make an actual selection of a limited number of past items, don't give ALL items to them for free in one day!

The worst part is seeing that other players didn't get the event because supposedly they already have enough items... But guess what?

They added a new batch of throwback items on the last few weeks and those hacked games that already have a huge number of past items are receiving the event...How this is possible?

Not clever at all! Anyway, I got kash in my first box. Hoping to get better stuff on the next ones and be able to finish in time.

Huh, they added more items and the hackers got the event still? Wow just wow.

I think I just prefer to buy throwback items, hope we get it again soon.
    PM to add
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    I don't keep screenshots and it's one of the four dresses with boxes on them. I know I owned it because I won it this month and said 'thank god I have those out of the way and won't have to see the ugly things again in my prize boxes'.

Can't be bothered to write to Glu. They won't care. I only
    Ever get the run around from
    Them and I have no energy for that. That's why I marked it publicly in the forum.

I understand, there is a wait for Customer Care, and it's not always easy, but unfortunately a singular issue like that can't be resolved in the open forum. Ok, I think I see the dresses you're talking about. THey could be like tennis dresses? Short with rectangular lighter parts acrosse the top? That's White box all right. If you can screenshot your next prize palette just incase you have an issue.

Hope the rest of the event is better for you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    OUr GluGoddess posted in Support that it's being investigated. Good luck guys.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Mostly I don't mind the hackers but I'm jealous now because they have the event and legit gamers don't :(((
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I'm sorry for everyone that didn't get the event! I remember back in the summer we had weeks of trouble with events... There was always someone that didn't get it, one week it was iOS the next android, then a random hodgepodge of some people having it some not... Now it's been smooth sailing for a really long time (except for delayed updates for Facebook and kindle) and now boom. Back then opening the game when an event started was always a bit nerve wracking. Will it be there or won't it? Now we got used to everything just working again that it came as a shock.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Glu is investigating. Hope the issue is fixed minji. Try not to focus on the cheaters. In the end, one way or another Karma will pay them a visit. It's like comparing yourself to airbrushed models. Doesn't serve any purpose, but it makes you feel bad. Fingers crossed for you Minji, and everyone else sitting here eventless.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Huh, they added more items and the hackers got the event still? Wow just wow.

I think I just prefer to buy throwback items, hope we get it again soon.
    Same. I'm not getting much luck in the gift boxes lately so I'd rather buy throwback items rather than gambling on a box.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I really am sorry that not everyone got the event/TB sale. On another note, every time I think "I can't possibly get another purse," the boxes prove me wrong. I can't express how much I hate winning purses.
    You remind me of the babe...
    By the way guys, on the KKH instagram, it says they "have a big update coming soon for the holidays."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMUE7xIgQl8/?taken-by=kkhofficial&hl=en
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    By the way guys, on the KKH instagram, it says they "have a big update coming soon for the holidays."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMUE7xIgQl8/?taken-by=kkhofficial&hl=en

It's true! :D
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    It's true! :D

Yay!! I can't wait to see what it will be!
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    To just try it out I dusted my really old android device and downloaded kkh. What do I get? A weekend event but no throwback sale???! What is going on here guys?!
    quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Megannita viewpost-right.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BMUE7xIg...official&hl=en

Oh My Gawd Chandler. THe Holiday Update!!!!!!. I'm running around my den in circles yelling "THe Holiday Update" over and over. I have to sit down, I might have to take a break from tapping to collect myself.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I haven't seen it mentioned here so to everyone asking:
    The amount of points needed for the THrowback Box is 380.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Lii wrote: »

Thanks Lii. I'm not sure if I will even finish since I'm still on the second box and parties are so annoying. What makes it even more unmotivating is that we just got done with a party weekend and I'm not up for throwing more parties without any bonus points. Although I guess I shouldn't complain since I at least got the event.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    I'm grinding. I just tapped 8 hour instead of 3. UGH. Enough for over 2 parties which would have been 58+ event points....I got 27. so frustrating
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts

Thank you :) I doubt I will make it to that, I've just worked out I'd have to throw 16 more parties! Hopefully I will get something nice in my gold box.
    I'm grinding. I just tapped 8 hour instead of 3. UGH. Enough for over 2 parties which would have been 58+ event points....I got 27. so frustrating

If you don't mind me asking, how do you get that many points from 3hr parties, Koko? The max I get per party (thrown in Calabasas) is 19 points.
    tiramisu wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, how do you get that many points from 3hr parties, Koko? The max I get per party (thrown in Calabasas) is 19 points.

She meant 38. 2 x 19 = 38
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Thanks Lii. I'm not sure if I will even finish since I'm still on the second box and parties are so annoying. What makes it even more unmotivating is that we just got done with a party weekend and I'm not up for throwing more parties without any bonus points. Although I guess I shouldn't complain since I at least got the event.
    tiramisu wrote: »
    Thank you :) I doubt I will make it to that, I've just worked out I'd have to throw 16 more parties! Hopefully I will get something nice in my gold box.

No problem :)
    And I know, parties are really annoying, especially since I have done all the comebacks and don't even gain any fans....
    But I'm determined to get the last box so I've been grinding like mad.
    I'm crossing my fingers you'll at least get something nice in your boxes. My black boxes were a total bust but I got a TB item in my gold box so that was really nice.
    Megannita wrote: »
    She meant 38. 2 x 19 = 38

Ahh thank you - it's the end of a long day and my brain isn't working properly! I was kind of hoping there was a party-throwing secret that I didn't know about as I always find these events so hard to complete!
    No problem :)
    And I know, parties are really annoying, especially since I have done all the comebacks and don't even gain any fans....
    But I'm determined to get the last box so I've been grinding like mad.
    I'm crossing my fingers you'll at least get something nice in your boxes. My black boxes were a total bust but I got a TB item in my gold box so that was really nice.

I'm in the same boat with comebacks (I'm new here but started playing in 2014), it is such a shame, isn't it?! I still live in hope they'll add another comeback and also raise the max level we can be at with our spouses! I would usually grind too but I just don't have the time this week, I hope you get something good in your throwback box to make the grind worth it! So far I've had kstars and kash from my black boxes which I've been happy with, a throwback item or that black dress/jacket combo from the gold box would be perfect, fingers crossed!
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Wait is there supposed to be a sale besides the event? I just have the party event with the boxes.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    I agree with whoever said this should be called a "giftbox" event and not a throwback event. The throwback giftboxes were so awesome when they first started them but since we just can't have nice things, Glu decided to eff around with it and only do 2 throwback boxes that are harder to earn with energy/cash filled gift boxes first. Pardon my french, but that sucks

I feel bad for the people who already earned most of the clothing and don't have much to look forward to besides cash and energy