Having a MidWeek ThrowBack.11/2/16 - Let the Party Begin

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I managed to get to the TB box! I really had to grind though. Last night I just invited a bunch of contacts to a party that I was really close to reaching a relationship milestone and then I just checked in every ten minutes to talk to them to eventually collect the bonus energy bolts and experience points from them. That also helped me level up this morning so that was a bonus party.
    I'm really pleased with my TB box, the palette was great and I picked something from my wish list.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    152/190 with 11 hours to go!

I can do this ��������������������
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    oh, sorry, I missed the event on one device yesterday, then rebooted and it came up. So, that didn't work for anyone else, I thought there'd be something else for people to try. Obviously, grabbing Agnes' old Asus won't work for everyone. :(

But that was good thinking Agnes. Glad you were able to participate for a bit after all.

Here's my saga.....3 games terrible palettes. 7 prizes of cash, 1 of energy, and my 3rd box for the iPad got the great little cinnamon bun hair. But, I'm going to have to grind nonstop if anyone is getting a TB..

:(

Koko, can we see you with the cinnamon bun hair? :o
    You remind me of the babe...
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I only just got my gold box so I'm giving up now :P I did get some hoop earrings which I think are a gold box item so I'm pretty happy. The shortened day really messed me up.
    I only just got my gold box so I'm giving up now :P I did get some hoop earrings which I think are a gold box item so I'm pretty happy. The shortened day really messed me up.

Lucky you! I got energy and Kash. But I'm looking forward to this weekend's event. I'm sure it'll be fun.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I need a peptalk I just popped my head in to say I don't think I'm gonna make it. none of my devices it going to win a throwback. Consolation AppleP did get that great little twin bun thing on top of her head should I just stop now or should I knock my head against the wall? Ahh decisions decisions. I can't wait to read back and see what I missed. How's everyone else doing?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Agnes AberdeenAgnes Aberdeen Registered Users 42 Posts
    Can someone tell me how long till the event ends?
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Can someone tell me how long till the event ends?
    Around 9 hours left
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    I've been playing for so long today 😩😩😩 I'm going to take a break now, only 3 more parties and I get the throwback box
    Most exhausting midweek event ever
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    Congrats on your progress Camila! I didn't even try to get to the free TB boxes. I did buy a few and got purses (I hate purses).
    I hope you get something incredible in your free TB box.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    My event was not very fruitful:
    AOfpssm.png?1
    lo4MDR3.png?1
    geLco7p.png?1
    251aAAX.png?1

Money, energy,energy and the top of the throwback box was not bad at all, but I can't hide that I got upset cause I missed the striped top from box 6 again, it's on my wish list for sure.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: Β»
    My event was not very fruitful:
    AOfpssm.png?1
    lo4MDR3.png?1
    geLco7p.png?1
    251aAAX.png?1

Money, energy,energy and the top of the throwback box was not bad at all, but I can't hide that I got upset cause I missed the striped top from box 6 again, it's on my wish list for sure.

Hey, at least no brown shoes!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!
    Ugh

2hed5r7.jpg

The worst. I would have settled for energy...
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hey, at least no brown shoes!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

As you can see they were lurking one box away from the one I picked:rolleyes:

Sorry about the purses!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I came up for air congratulations I see some more people finish that's awesome. Vatsy...you should try and see kats new message.

1 game has 293, one has 302, and one has.......302 as well. Help me out with math please/ one 302 is about to get19 more.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I'm glad to see that some of you are able to finish the event. I know that I will not complete it seeing as how this midweek event felt like a chore to me. Plus I was able to purchase some great TB items so I'm not stressing over getting the last box. I'm still at 119 points so I probably won't bother to get the gold box either because chances are it will be either money or kash with my luck. Also did anyone else get a lot of St. Patrick's Day items showing up in the TB palettes? My doll won at least 6 items.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    I'm glad to see that some of you are able to finish the event. I know that I will not complete it seeing as how this midweek event felt like a chore to me. Plus I was able to purchase some great TB items so I'm not stressing over getting the last box. I'm still at 119 points so I probably won't bother to get the gold box either because chances are it will be either money or kash with my luck. Also did anyone else get a lot of St. Patrick's Day items showing up in the TB palettes? My doll won at least 6 items.

Yep, I noticed the little green bracelets and I believe some St. Pat's sandals as well. I would have taken them over purses that my doll will never use. I shouldn't have spent the money.
    Ok, Kat is down. I can probably grind for 3 1/2 3 hour events.....AppleP and Z both have 321 now. so 3 parties will give me 57 EventStars. add that to 321 and I've got 378? Then I start another party with 9 energy, and that gives me 2 guests small talk which each gives me a star. Right? now 45 x 3 = 135 energy. Gawd, my brain hurts and there's a phantom pain in my side. Lets finish this with 12 energy and hour, x 7 hours.......84...I have to scrounge oh nvmd. I lost it. I was so close to figuring out who much scrounging I must do per hour to make up the shortfall.

ETA: ehh, who needs brians when you're pretty?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    My boxes have been ****y so I just decided to be Zen about the whole event & just sit back, play, and enjoy... No expectations. I'm just thrilled that KoKo appeared in my game again after disappearing for 24 hrs. Yes. I'm in love with the KoKo. KoKo Belle was there, too . I have the screenshot somewhere.

33c82de.jpg
    GC: ZoΓ« Strange
    I'm at 243/380 ack

I still have hope lol. And I'm loving Kim's Pick!

Also excited for the weekend
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Val_ wrote: Β»
    Ugh

2hed5r7.jpg

The worst. I would have settled for energy...

Strange... Why is there an Eleganza partnership icon on your gold/black box's palette? I mean I can't imagine how awful it is to grind for so long only to be "possibly" getting partnership icons from gold/black box. They should remove such thing, IMO. -__-
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    This was the most arduous, least-enjoyable midweek event to date, for me. I have this horrible fear that Glu is going to decide it is parties now instead of gigs for these midweek events (excluding SYS obviously). It seems like this always happen. With the gigs, if I grind hard, I'm able to finish a day early (so I grind Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday have a "day off"). If they've decided they don't want people finishing that "easily" that might just decide to do parties from now on.

Why is it always the good players that suffer from Glu's decisions? It seems like they are trying to help the cheaters instead of hinder them, since they have infinite energy and can finish the event in an hour or so. Please stop punishing your loyal, paying customers, Glu!
  • Agnes AberdeenAgnes Aberdeen Registered Users 42 Posts
    I am really sorry I am asking again. How long left for the event?
    I am really sorry I am asking again. How long left for the event?

4 hr. 21 min.

It says it on your screen, though. Do you not see it?
  • maggiekkhmaggiekkh Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm so mad rn, i don't have event and i will miss it, i was waiting for event like that for so long and now i don't have it -.-
    Syndra x wrote: Β»
    Strange... Why is there an Eleganza partnership icon on your gold/black box's palette? I mean I can't imagine how awful it is to grind for so long only to be "possibly" getting partnership icons from gold/black box. They should remove such thing, IMO. -__-

Yeah I've seen it in there before though.. this is the gold box :/ and the white jumpsuit is a white box item... pretty awful.

I'm at 301/380! Which means... 4 1/2 parties and I'm done! Woop
    you can do it. you can do it. I finished AppleP and Zee, but I am thinking about going back and grinding with the 3rd device. Maybe I can do it with Kat. ANd You can do it too val.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    If you'd asked me this morning, I would've said I wasn't going to finish the event, but I did.. totally anticlimactic. If I'd known my palette was going to look like this, I would not have bothered. The shoes aren't bad, but I don't know..

There are a couple of dresses I want that have always eluded me. I just can't bring myself to spend stars to open another for fear of the green St. Pat's boa or something along those lines. I was burned once with the bunny bag. I'm very cautious now. :)

vzuaky.jpg
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    you can do it. you can do it. I finished AppleP and Zee, but I am thinking about going back and grinding with the 3rd device. Maybe I can do it with Kat. ANd You can do it too val.

Yes! 2 parties to go :) it's always easier than we think...

@ChicCharlotte I love the shoes you got! And I love those booties in the third box...
    If you'd asked me this morning, I would've said I wasn't going to finish the event, but I did.. totally anticlimactic. If I'd known my palette was going to look like this, I would not have bothered. The shoes aren't bad, but I don't know..

There are a couple of dresses I want that have always eluded me. I just can't bring myself to spend stars to open another for fear of the green St. Pat's boa or something along those lines. I was burned once with the bunny bag. I'm very cautious now. :)

vzuaky.jpg

Wait, wait, wait. You don't like the bunny bag?! :eek: