Options

Having a MidWeek ThrowBack.11/2/16 - Let the Party Begin

123457Next

Comments

• Options
    ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    Yes! 2 parties to go :) it's always easier than we think...

@ChicCharlotte I love the shoes you got! And I love those booties in the third box...

I feel like I have so many black booties and shoes though and you know when you're really hoping for a great dress or hair that you missed? It's just that.. oh well there will be other TB events, so I'm good. :)
    Megannita wrote: »
    Wait, wait, wait. You don't like the bunny bag?! :eek:

I hate the bunny bag! lol :)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • Options
    Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I feel like I have so many black booties and shoes though and you know when you're really hoping for a great dress or hair that you missed? It's just that.. oh well there will be other TB events, so I'm good. :)

I never see hair in my TB boxes :(

And I hate animal bags too lol (though I'm not sure I know what the bunny bag looks like) (I almost wrote body bag lol)
  • Options
    MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts

::faints on the floor for a full minute::

Ok, I'm better now. ;)
    You remind me of the babe...
  • Options
    Alright I finished! With one hour to go haha.

I gotta say though...not crazy about the TB boxes and I spent more than half my k-stars, sigh.

My free one was the ugly candy necklace, and I paid for that hair I'll never wear *cry* basically I would have LOVED any of the other items except the ones that I got >_<

153qvcp.jpg

So I got mad and tried again...

29e0x00.jpg

Meh, it's not bad but it's not great either.

2dwgfhw.jpg
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm so tired. got all 3 games done a minute ago. My tapping arm hurts. My eyes are blurry. But I finished. One doll got the silver and black dangling bracelet, One doll got shoes, I forgot what the other got.....but the hair from the black box totally won the event.

apple_Pbun_hair.jpg

I always say, if the event gives me one great prize, the whole event was a success. And this hair did it for me. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    twinning in Santa Barbara :cool:

image_zpszmpvvia0.jpeg
  • Options
    unique123unique123 Registered Users 291 Posts
    I've been so busy lately this was the first midweek event I just couldn't finish. I also wasn't all that excited about it. I hate that the one throwback box is the last box and the other boxes I only ever get cash or energy when there are plenty of items I need that never show in the palettes. I only got the first two boxes which were of course cash and energy. Oh boy ;D But on a positive note I do love that we get midweek events. Keeps some life to the game! Congrats to all who finished :) Sorry to hear some didn't get the event :(

*ANDROID player - PM me to add!
  • Options
    urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    This was the first event in a long time that I couldn't finish. Just couldn't quite make it, I ended up about 100 points away from the TB box. Oh well, at least I have the VIP to look forward to now. Finally get a break from all that partying.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Options
    SugarK wrote: »
    twinning in Santa Barbara :cool:

image_zpszmpvvia0.jpeg

I'm soooooo jealous!!! You both look adorable!
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I gave up about half way through. With how difficult parties are to complete these party events are just not fun, and the one throwback box isn't really worth all the effort to me.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    Sappho wrote: »
    I gave up about half way through. With how difficult parties are to complete these party events are just not fun, and the one throwback box isn't really worth all the effort to me.

Did you decide to buy any TB boxes, or nah?
  • Options
    SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I didn't, I don't have a lot of kstars at the moment. Plus I was saving up for a potential kstar sale/VIP event.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Options
    I didn't, I don't have a lot of kstars at the moment. Plus I was saving up for a potential kstar sale/VIP event.

Very wise.
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

Same here. I gave up after I got my gold box because I would have had to tap around non-stop in hopes of energy to even think about finishing. I don't remember party events ever being this hard before? Before reality shows they were the easiest. So either Glu made it harder or we just didn't know how easy we could have it.
  • Options
    I think the frustration in my case came from needing one more blue star to end the event, and the house is filled with 8Energy tasks. 4 8 Energy Tasks in the livingroom, 3 in the kitchen, 3,4 or 5 in the bedroom. And, then if there is a 2 energy task, by the time you see you need it, it's been covered up with another 8 Engergy task. At times I was considering waiting over an hour to just get a small talk bubble again, and save 4 energy. THen realizing that was stupid....I begrudgingly tapped 8 times. IF I didn't have to scrounge for the extra energy first. If the game just does that, it needs to be retweaked. If it was set that way, bad move. I've never seen so many people complaining about how tasking it was to complete. I know if it' weren't a VIP today, I'd probably not have the energy (body energy lol)

But, new day, new event. I hope parties get better. THey used to be our favorite. Remember? Also, not getting 2 stars per guest really stinks. They used to pay out 2 stars each time that tasks appeared, now it's only the first time. OK, a little harder. But add all these "Little harder" aspects, and you've got a grueling game much less fun to play. I think I hate parties now. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    I think the frustration in my case came from needing one more blue star to end the event, and the house is filled with 8Energy tasks. 4 8 Energy Tasks in the livingroom, 3 in the kitchen, 3,4 or 5 in the bedroom. And, then if there is a 2 energy task, by the time you see you need it, it's been covered up with another 8 Engergy task. At times I was considering waiting over an hour to just get a small talk bubble again, and save 4 energy. THen realizing that was stupid....I begrudgingly tapped 8 times. IF I didn't have to scrounge for the extra energy first. If the game just does that, it needs to be retweaked. If it was set that way, bad move. I've never seen so many people complaining about how tasking it was to complete. I know if it' weren't a VIP today, I'd probably not have the energy (body energy lol)

Amen to all of the last part of that.. I was on the phone for more than three hours yesterday, tapping for energy almost the entire time. I also "won" energy in my first gift box. I'd never have finished the event otherwise. I actually think I might be starting to get carpel tunnel from the way I hold my kindle and tap (my tapping hand). How silly would that be?! I'm glad I have the weekend to rest my hand. I may actually ice it later.
  • Options
    Have you tried a stylus? My fingers would me cramping terribly with all that tapping. So when one is handy I grab a stylus.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

But, new day, new event. I hope parties get better. THey used to be our favorite. Remember? Also, not getting 2 stars per guest really stinks. They used to pay out 2 stars each time that tasks appeared, now it's only the first time. OK, a little harder. But add all these "Little harder" aspects, and you've got a grueling game much less fun to play. I think I hate parties now. lol.

Yes! That annoyed me big time. You only need a few blue stars to finish out the event but all you have to choose from are the 8 energy action items. So I couldn't even finish a party with a full bar of energy - and I've done all 3 comebacks. I'd have to go out and collect energy just to finish. I agree, I hate parties!!
  • Options

Yeah the 8 -energy tasks covering up all the others is really a problem. It also happens with reality episodes (especially in Paris I've noticed, sometimes all I have is 3 8 energy tasks). It's really something to complain about imo because you end up wasting 8 energy when you might only need 1.
  • Options
    Have you tried a stylus? My fingers would me cramping terribly with all that tapping. So when one is handy I grab a stylus.

Girrrrrrllll... I have a stylus! I never use it, but I'm going to give it a try. Thank you!!
  • Options
    NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I need to feel KKH right under my skin :p
    PM to add
  • Options
    maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    I need to feel KKH right under my skin :p

KKH is always under my skin, one way or another..:eek:
  • Options
    I alternate between stylus and fingers. If it's my phone which is a harder tap, the Note5 has a stylus so I often use that. It's like Tap tap (stylus) move the screen with my finger, tap tap move.

Why, whenever there is a VIP weekend, my tab starts to act up. I have to pull it up on it's backupdevice (hubby's old S4 that I grabbed) and try and work on it, but it won't be recognized by Samsung's Back up utility, so I have to wipe it and hope for the best. I don't have the heart for the wipe, but.....I'll do it. I just can't deal with these problems on earn a star weekend. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    With one hour left I managed to get the throwback box! I got a blue fur-dress, not my type of dress but I style it good and so I like it! I'll post the outfit but I don't have any clue of how to post images here 😓
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia