Weekend Event 11/4/16 - The Good times just keep rolling in!

Comments

• CloudyPianoCloudyPiano Registered Users 24 Posts
    What...are there some people that don't get weekend events?? Why would some get it and not others? I don't think I've never had a weeekend event. I've played since the beginning and I guess there are things I still just don't know. :)
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    At least I got the weekend event. Bought some dresses and got the earnables. My free box were the shoes. Done for this weekend.

[Still salty and butt hurt about not getting the midweek event]
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    Okay so I got the hair... which is better than nothing, but I'm disappointed the shoes and shirt weren't even in my box! Instead MORE WHITE BOX BS!!!! Stop this Glu! There is nothing more disappointing than getting ugly regular stuff in the special boxes :mad: :mad:

At the same time you almost want to get the white box stuff so you NEVER have to see it again. That's how I felt about that ugly black box jumpsuit. You know the one... EVERYONE knows the one *shudder*
    Sappho wrote: »
    I've been wanting to get the SMC a hair but I thought bend of the hair makes my doll's forehead look weird and now I can't stop seeing it :s

I'm not a fan of the hair. Maybe it's too long? I can't pinpoint what exactly I don't like about it. It's just... limp and there. I'm itching to gather it up and put it in a ponytail. Speaking of... I would love a hairstyle like that. A fluffy ponytail ala Kendall.

So I've decided to just try for my free box. I really like the gold dress but would've been more interested if it was in the second box. I just don't want to spend so many stars in case of an upcoming sale. I'm hoping Maria will have a deal for me but if not I'm just going to find a cheap k-star item in the wardrobe or maybe some house furniture. I'm hoping with the free box I'll get the shoes or top but knowing my luck this week it'll be energy/cash.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Good luck to everyone enjoying this weekend and much like last time I encourage all of us to keep any grinding strategies off the main thread ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I think it's time for me to finally buy me some pets. I do wish we could pose with them in the photo booth!
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    I think it's time for me to finally buy me some pets. I do wish we could pose with them in the photo booth!

You're going to love them! They're so helpful in completing events. I also just bought the giraffe in Abu Dhabi, it's so adorable. I hate that I can't walk it.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I don't love the items this weekend, however I still wanted them...

I had AMAZING luck with my giftboxes today. Seriously, this NEVER happens to me:

IMG_1057.png

IMG_1058.png

Already done the VIP. Now time to grind!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    All 3 games got the giraffe right away. He's so adorable. hey, Maria just called with the B52 BHive hair. I wanted that. Now I'm hoping she calls the other 2 games. I have to be honest so tired of flat shoes. Or be fair and give us a flat/heel choice prize. You earn it you have to choose one or the other. I love the game but I'm tired of non prizes. And to me, I don't like my already short doll to look shorter. But>............loving the event. The gb hair is cute and perky. Have to try it with the. Animal prints.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Yeah, the flats make my doll look like she has duck feet. I know there is no graceful way to do it, and I am happy to have the flats option, but maybe not so many as prizes. Add more to the closet for kash and let people choose.
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    At the same time you almost want to get the white box stuff so you NEVER have to see it again. That's how I felt about that ugly black box jumpsuit. You know the one... EVERYONE knows the one *shudder*

I'm not a fan of the hair. Maybe it's too long? I can't pinpoint what exactly I don't like about it. It's just... limp and there. I'm itching to gather it up and put it in a ponytail. Speaking of... I would love a hairstyle like that. A fluffy ponytail ala Kendall.

So I've decided to just try for my free box. I really like the gold dress but would've been more interested if it was in the second box. I just don't want to spend so many stars in case of an upcoming sale. I'm hoping Maria will have a deal for me but if not I'm just going to find a cheap k-star item in the wardrobe or maybe some house furniture. I'm hoping with the free box I'll get the shoes or top but knowing my luck this week it'll be energy/cash.

Haha for sure! One less disappointing piece of ****! But still... I would have loved the top or shoes :( and I don't want to open another box because I always expect to be disappointed...which is unfortunate.

I bought the Corgy and with the 2nd box got the ugly earnable flats. That's it for spending, the rest I'll save up for next time. I wish the VIP weekend had better earnables, this is the 2nd we get **** flats as a first prize...

I love the SMC though... and the hair looks like my irl hair so

SZw6zcC.jpg
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Yeah, the flats make my doll look like she has duck feet. I know there is no graceful way to do it, and I am happy to have the flats option, but maybe not so many as prizes. Add more to the closet for kash and let people choose.

I don't mind flats either but 90% of the ones we've seen so far have been ugly. We just need plain, classic style ballerina flats. No straps. And what about some cute sandals? Or flip flops for the beach? Or flat boots?! So many possibilities and we get... this. lol

My biggest problem is that the flats don't even match the outfits they're paired with.
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Haha for sure! One less disappointing piece of ****! But still... I would have loved the top or shoes :( and I don't want to open another box because I always expect to be disappointed...which is unfortunate.

I bought the Corgy and with the 2nd box got the ugly earnable flats. That's it for spending, the rest I'll save up for next time. I wish the VIP weekend had better earnables, this is the 2nd we get **** flats as a first prize...

SZw6zcC.jpg

You look gorgeous. Now I want that hair.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts

SZw6zcC.jpg

Wow, your doll looks stunningly beautiful, Val :o
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I don't mind flats either but 90% of the ones we've seen so far have been ugly. We just need plain, classic style ballerina flats. No straps. And what about some cute sandals? Or flip flops for the beach? Or flat boots?! So many possibilities and we get... this. lol

My biggest problem is that the flats don't even match the outfits they're paired with.

YES! The shoes they give us look great except then they add a weird strap. I don't wear shoes like that in real life, so my doll sure isn't. I live in ballet flats, those would be great to have. And of course flip flops. And how about a gorgeous brown riding boot????
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Hi everyone! I wanted to share that I've been getting 2 stars for watching videos instead of the usual 1. Not sure if it's a double stars weekend but you might want to check!

I got energy in my gift box. I'm not crazy about either of the outfits so no more spending for me! I'm trying to save up on stars so I'll be grinding events this weekend.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
    Miimoliin wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I wanted to share that I've been getting 2 starts for watching videos instead of the usual 1. Not sure if it's a double stars weekend but you might want to check!

I got energy in my gift box. I'm not crazy about either of the outfits so no more spending for me! I'm trying to save up on stars so I'll be grinding events this weekend.

I wanted to say that too! Other offers are doubled as well so go check those out too :)
    Julesmo wrote: »
    YES! The shoes they give us look great except then they add a weird strap. I don't wear shoes like that in real life, so my doll sure isn't. I live in ballet flats, those would be great to have. And of course flip flops. And how about a gorgeous brown riding boot????

They would look so cute without the straps. I think they're going for a Mary Jane style but enough is enough. I do have a pair of flats that has a strap but it doesn't go up to the ankle like these. It's more toward the top as a decorative thing. Flat boots would be amazing - some slouchy ones to wear with jeans for our more casual tops? What about some snow boats for Montana?
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I have tons of suggestions, but I don't know... I think they have plenty of good ideas too, they just aren't implementing in KKH.

We already have hairstyles from K&K that were added to KKH before, so they could just use those here too. A while ago I posted one of those hairstyles (the one with a bandana) at the suggestions thread, but no sign of it in the game yet.

I would love to have that double bun/pigtails with half of the hair down as girls have in K&K for Vats, I've been styling my RL hair a lot like that lately and would be beyond cool twinning with my KKH doll since I always try to replicate myself on him.

I know that Kalinda and E&B always read our posts and take ours requests to the team.

We've been asking for new beards, tattoos, shirtless option, bags with puppies for guys and so on for a looooooong time, but it's difficult to tell why some things make the cut and others don't.

Maybe because they have technical limitations or sometimes need to follow themes/trends...

Right now the thing I most want is that they make a sale to you be able to buy your fangs. We're repeating this for a while and this month would the perfect gift for you, right?!

#fangsfornai

Hope this holiday season brings you more long hairstyles that you've been yearning for!

Totally want more beards and tattoos, and yes the naked upper bod too! BSAD has that which was fab but... ok...

Thx for the hashtag thought :o
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Ok, I don't hate the flats, the cute ones are good. And I agree with Jules. There are enough flats in the wardrobe, without making all the shoe priizes flats. THe Kardashians wear great shoes. Please let us have more pretty heels for prizes. We are still really hurting for a good pair of white stilettos

I agree, a happy Christmas Season will be Fangs for Nai
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Miimoliin wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I wanted to share that I've been getting 2 stars for watching videos instead of the usual 1. Not sure if it's a double stars weekend but you might want to check!

Can you imagine how awesome it would be if Android users actually got any stars from watching videos?!

/sarcasm
    hackers can burn in hell
    daffodil wrote: »
    Can you imagine how awesome it would be if Android users actually got any stars from watching videos?!

/sarcasm

I have an Android and it's working for me :(

/sarcasm

The old-style videos still give K-stars. The new, re-designed videos (you've probably noticed the difference) do not. I'm always overjoyed when it's an old-style video, because then I know I'll get something.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    OK, obviously I am NOT observant whatsoever :eek: What's the difference between old-style and re-designed??
    Megannita wrote: »
    The old-style videos still give K-stars. The new, re-designed videos (you've probably noticed the difference) do not. I'm always overjoyed when it's an old-style video, because then I know I'll get something.
    SugarK wrote: »
    OK, obviously I am NOT observant whatsoever :eek: What's the difference between old-style and re-designed??

The look and feel is just different. The new ones are "bubblier", if that's a word. More bubbly, more modern.

Also, the old ones all had the countdown timer in the same place. The new ones have it in different places, or not at all sometimes.
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    The look and feel is just different. The new ones are "bubblier", if that's a word. More bubbly, more modern.

Also, the old ones all had the countdown timer in the same place. The new ones have it in different places, or not at all sometimes.

The old ones have a circle timer in the lower left corner of the screen. The new ones have a white font timer in the lower right corner. I'm almost only getting new videos.
    This vip weekend is a godsend, my k star count has been stalling since the latest update.
    hackers can burn in hell
    Is anyone doing the weekend quest?
    The old ones have a circle timer in the lower left corner of the screen. The new ones have a white font timer in the lower right corner. I'm almost only getting new videos.
    This vip weekend is a godsend, my k star count has been stalling since the latest update.

Huh. I'll have to pay attention next time. I feel like I mostly get the ones with the circle timer though because I always impatiently watch it lol
    Lii wrote: »

I did the first gig. Haven't started the second one yet.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Lii wrote: »

Yep! I chose Tokyo. Started the gig and then thought to get Kourtney to help me. Invited her to the Tokyo house and then -
    no more Internet connection...
    After almost 2 hours it worked again. By that time I was so stressed I forgot that Kourtney is ready and invited a NPC..lol
    Everything turned out fine.
    After you get to choose between a charity event or an ad.
    I chose the charity. In a few hours I will know more.
    Android
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    I choose Miami, and Maria said it is bad LOL. Now I choose charity... but I still haven't finished it yet. So Tokyo is better :)