Ads aren't rewarding Kstars/no Videos to watch

Comments

• RettaRetta Registered Users 2 Posts
    I'm not getting any stars from any of the ads or the survey I took. I watched 5 videos in the last two days and got nothing then I completed one of the survey's for 19 dollars and I'm still waiting...
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    It's not an android thing, Vats, I am having the exact same thing that you're having and I am iOS. Some offers will give the star reward and others don't, same pattern that you described. Of the "other offers", I only watch the trailer ads, I do not click games or trial offers, etc.

Thing is I have ALWAYS gotten stars for every trailer I've ever watched in the past. This has only started happening since the Halloween update. Thanks for checking into this KK:H_Staff.
    Vats wrote: »
    I imagined that they would tell us something like that, so I didn't even tried! Thanks for taking this one for the team.:)

Interesting isabeau, maybe is an Android thing. Thanks for checking it.
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    I took some screenshots of the ads today:

These two belongs to an ad that reward me a K-star after watched it. In the first pic you can see a timer at the bottom left and in the second a close button at the upper right, everytime an ad has this layout I receive a k-star.

Now in this kind of ad, message of remaining time at the bottom right and close button at the upper left, I never receive a reward after watch those.

And unfortunately the non-rewarding ads are coming with more frequency, today for example I got 1 that rewarded me (the one above) and 4 that didn't rewarded me.

Vats I also experienced the same thing last weekend (November 5) Your first screencap ad gives kstars (yes) while your second screen cap ad doesn't give kstars. It's annoying I watched the ad of "Crisis Action" (similar to your 2nd screencap wherein the timer is placed on the lower right) for 10 times (I have screencap) but never received kstars for it holy cow i'm so annoyed :mad:
    Did Fyber respond to you? I reached out to Fyber already but no response from them until now. -__-
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
    It's been a long time since I tried to reach out to Fyber about not receiving stars for watching ads. Fyber isn't responding. Seriously. Who should we talk to??? -__-
  • PeanutellaPeanutella Registered Users 15 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    It's not an android thing, Vats, I am having the exact same thing that you're having and I am iOS. Some offers will give the star reward and others don't, same pattern that you described. Of the "other offers", I only watch the trailer ads, I do not click games or trial offers, etc.

Thing is I have ALWAYS gotten stars for every trailer I've ever watched in the past. This has only started happening since the Halloween update. Thanks for checking into this KK:H_Staff.

Exactly this, and I've also noticed the same pattern. The new ads turn to a 'portrait' layout after the video has finished playing, and those never give a payout.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Glu did ask for info about it here, so they're aware of the thread and I'm sure they're working on it. I'll ask if there's been any movement on this issue. I'll put it on my short list, which means I'll ask shortly. :) Sorry you're going through this.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I've been corresponding with Glu about the issue, apparently they released a micro update last week that should have fixed it. It didn't for me :( Have any of you tried for the past couple of days?
    hackers can burn in hell
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I'm sorry Sugar that you also is experiecing this! Now we know that something more deep is going on since is not just on Androids.

Syndra I didn't tried to contact Fyber.

I also updated the game, Tuesday(?!) and don't know if it is related, but after I did it I didn't received ads anymore:confused:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Guys I just got stars for three videos! I think it's been fixed!
    hackers can burn in hell
    Fingers crossed!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Yesterday after few days without receive videos, I got 3x the same ad and I was rewarded 'only' 2 times.The weird part is that those ads had the layout that normally rewards me without any problem... So the pattern was broken at least one time to me now.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    I've gotten very, very few videos since the "fix", but so far every ad (including the ones with the white font timer) has rewarded k-stars. The rewards are often delayed by several hours, but they do show up :) Vats, how are things looking for you?
    hackers can burn in hell
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I have not gotten a video in weeks, not from the button 'Get Free Stars', nor 'Other Offers'... I used to get six per day at the exact same time but not anymore for some reason. Hope they fix is soon.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    I got a star from an ad with the 'new' layout today for the first time, after I updated my game to the 5.7.0 version.

However since it was just 1 ad, I don't think that this sample is enough to say that the issue is fixed to me.

When I get to watch more ads and if everything turns out ok, I'll report it back here.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Hi. I'm not getting my (daily) 6 videos to watch, but instead am immediately redirected to the offer wall.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Yeah I'm getting the offer wall immediately too. Weirdly, I got the regular choice, watched a video, then the next time I tapped the video option it took me straight to the offer wall instead.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Same as others have reported, I've been getting sent to the offer wall immediately almost every time. Also, when I do get the opportunity to watch videos (not through the offer wall) for k-stars I receive 1 energy about half of the time instead of 1 star. I'm positive I was in the k-star section of the store, not the energy section.

Edit: forgot to mention I'm on iOS. Never had any problems with this before Monday's update.

Thank you for looking into this!
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
    So far I've found...there's the rare video offered. Sometimes I get no star at all for watching it. Occasionally a bolt of energy is dropped on me; no idea why, I've never had opportunities to watch vids for energy. Bait and switch is what it looks like to me. And if I'm watching a video that indicates one (1) star reward for doing so, then I expect to receive a star, *not* a bolt of energy or just plain zero in return. Wondering if Glu redirecting us to the offer wall is a misguided attempt at trying to coerce people into doing the obnoxious-in-too-many-ways "offers" there. Heads up, Glu--I won't do them. Forcing anyone who might be foolish enough to pay 10 stars for a 2nd daily gift box, while resorting to the devious and withdrawing ways to earn a couple extra stars, is not a bright idea. It's just small and mean. Btw--the Direct TV vid NEVER did, and NEVER does, give you that promised K-star. I suggest people avoid it, and wasting their time, like the plague. Glu: I don't care about your ad revenue; what I care about is my own income.
    Where did Koko's post about building little forts (hee!) and letting each other know what offers work for them go? That's such a good idea. Plus, I too, am into game app stuff. Awww, the post has disappeared into the ether. :(
    It must be possible that they've removed this "watch videos to get kstars" feature/function after the recent update. Same thing with "watch video to open another box" for daily boxes being removed. 😔
    I got to watch a few videos today after pressing the 'watch videos to get K-stars' button, but instead of K-stars I got energy? What gives??
    The button to watch a video to open a second daily box has returned in my game, so that something!
    But please please fix the free K-stars..
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I got energy too for my iOS game!
    PM to add
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I've basically had everything described in this thread happen to me.
    I used to b able to watch like six videos a day, now it's only 1 or sometimes two. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just sends me straight to the 'other offers' page.
    Sometimes I get the reward right away, sometimes hours later (and in that case it's really hard to keep track...)
    I've also been awarded energy instead of K-stars since today.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I just got energy as a reward for watching a kstars video too.

And I've had the button for videos for the daily box disappear earlier, but it seems to have returned now.

something is seriously wrong with the whole ads and reward system.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    Has anyone submitted a ticket? I noticed an energy bar floating down after watching a video for rapid recharge, but no other issues.

Can you post post some details like when it started, platform? If it started with The weekend update then maybe it will go back to normal when the event update has been removed and replaced. But in case it's not please start leaving some details and we'll see what we can find out for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Mine started with the update.
    iOS. Current version.
    Mine also started after the update 5.7.0
    iOS, latest version
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    Sometimes a glitch is just a glitch. Earlier in this thread, glu said they'd investigate, just post if you're still experiencing it. Obviously you're still experiencing it. Let me see if we can shine a light on this. But I have to ask to keep this thread to the basics, what's your system, what you're experiencing, when it happened. So, I'm taking a heartfelt post that belongs in Hookah, and moving it there.

I'll also ask for a little glu guidance regarding this situation. So, can we streamline this? If you're having a problems gettings stars for videos watched, please post when it started, what platform you're on, and any other pertinent info.

BTW....has anyone else found that since the event started there has been no rapid recharge? Or is that just me?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I'm not getting stars. Sometimes I get them when I do the watch a video function (if it doesn't go straight to the other offers wall). Sometimes I get energy. I almost never get stars when I do the other offers videos. It started last weekend, November 18th. I've also lost my rapid recharge and that started on Thanksgiving. I also get ads. I've bought SMCs over the past few months and I've never not had a game without ads.

I submitted a ticket and was told to contact Fyber, which after reading this thread seems to be useless.

I'm on iOS 9.3.4 (I don't want to do the 10 upgrade just yet).

It's a shame because I wanted to buy a star pack this weekend, but I' not going to since it looks like they have taken the watch a video for a star away. I'm not going to spend any money until this is resolved.
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    Today I watched 5 advertisement for free K stars, I don't get it. I watched 2 ads for free energy, and I don't get it too...
    I hope Glu will fix it because doubled K stars event last for 2 days...

iOS 10. Latest update