Mid-Week event! 11/8/2016

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    So, the usual early wake up for the event. By now, my body clock is trying to reset to make 4 a.m. my everyday wake up. NO. but I'm already drinking cola to help me sleep lightly, then hydration to seal the deal. I'm trying to remember which length dates are the best. I know my favorite in Oak is the 2 hour. The goal is the 650$ bottle of wine for 4 Energy, and the Kiss for 5 Energy that gives back 1, so for 8 energy I get a 2hour date done.

It would be awesome if there was a new outfit to earn, if it were set up like the SYS, but....I'll grind for anything.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    A 5-heart midweek event sounds like it could be fun, however when you really think about it, seems very problematic.

Dating events are some of the hardest ones - and does working that hard just for one throwback box really seem worth it? Unless they have changed this...

I am currently maxed-out in terms of relationship points with my hubby. I'm happy with him, and don't want my doll to start a new relationship, so dating is pretty much a dead-end for me. A waste of kash for very little payout.

Hoping that this up the max relationship for relationships soon, or at least some new achievements?

In my experience dating events are some of the easiest ones. Why don't you just date random NPCs up to the second relationship stage and then delete them from your contacts? It won't have any effect on the relationship with your spouse, all the dates will be short 1 or 2 hour dates and you get to collect the bonus for reaching the relationship milestones with each of them.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Oh no my dating game is pretty horrible as I've lost the style bonus for it, I'm so behind on the hearts. I've not dated anyone since hubby divorced my doll so I'm trying to think what to do. Should I date around or actually try to start a long term relationship again?
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Are we expecting the "midweek" event to start right now?? GMT+ 8:00
    Because i don't have the dating throwback eventuntil now. Is it just me gals???
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    I don't get the midweek event again.... what should I do? I don't want to miss mid weekend event every week.... crying sob sob
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I don't get the midweek event again.... what should I do? I don't want to miss mid weekend event every week.... crying sob sob

Cherry_cokez, what's your platform? I'm using android and I don't have the event until now. When will the event start??
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    The summertime is over. Event sure starts in 20 min. Can't wait!
    Android
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Sappho wrote: Β»
    Oh no my dating game is pretty horrible as I've lost the style bonus for it, I'm so behind on the hearts. I've not dated anyone since hubby divorced my doll so I'm trying to think what to do. Should I date around or actually try to start a long term relationship again?
    I date around and dump everybody before it gets to the second level of the heart/relationship meter thingy. You can keep the one guy you like for keeps like I did.
    GC: ZoΓ« Strange
    6 points per hour date? 5 + 1 for your kiss task. Has it always been so low? I need at least a 2 hour date if I'm doing oak. Morning everyone. Usually on a dating weekend I'm down about 30K. 3 boxes of 4000$ means 18,000$ for a TB item. Hmmmmm do we know what the numbers are? 1st box 5dates er....25 points, ....and then?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MNieuwMNieuw Registered Users 159 Posts
    No event for me...&#55357;&#56866; I am on iOS.
    Daily KKH Player ~ iOS
    Level 79 (Max)
    I'm so sorry, Mnieuw. Unfortunately, it's happening due to a technical issue that Glu is aware of and trying to fix. So hang in there if you haven't gotten it. They took steps to make sure everyone got the event, but they are aware and working on it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    2nd box is 150. Tap tap tap dolls. :) oh 25 Stars in my first box, eh, not bad, I'd rather have a daily box item...before they filled them up with tiles.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Both Angeline & Jon's games got the mid-week event this week. Yay!!
    I was so sad last night when I heard from Kalinda that this technical issue won't be fixed until the next update. Thank you to whoever made this issue fixed. Thank you Glu team!
    So now is the question. How many Throwback sale gift boxes should I purchase to not let the event disappear? What is the tipping point? Or maybe I shouldn't open any TB box until I finish the event?
    Or maybe I shouldn't open any of them at all to prevent not getting TB events in the future?
    Ok, I'm thinking too much and driving myself crazy. :p
    I hope everyone gets the event this week and this missing event will never happen again in the future.
    I like dating, professional, Reality show events, just no parties!!

Cherry_cokez, did you get the event now?
    🍎 iOS dollsπŸ“± Β 
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Once again excluded. I sure do hope that when we get a midweek event after the update that we'll get a throwback sale for all the people who didn't get anything.

Edit: is d-a-m-n a curse word seriously?
  • ARTPOPARTPOP Registered Users 530 Posts
    No event again for second week in a row
  • ElleSElleS Registered Users 27 Posts
    I finally got this week!!
    Thank you so much Glu β™₯
  • MNieuwMNieuw Registered Users 159 Posts
    I'm so sorry, Mnieuw. Unfortunately, it's happening due to a technical issue that Glu is aware of and trying to fix. So hang in there if you haven't gotten it. They took steps to make sure everyone got the event, but they are aware and working on it.

Super, thanks so much for keeping us updated Koko! &#55357;&#56832;
    Daily KKH Player ~ iOS
    Level 79 (Max)
    Syndra x wrote: Β»
    Cherry_cokez, what's your platform? I'm using android and I don't have the event until now. When will the event start??

I use my ipad, IOS platform...
    Both Angeline & Jon's games got the mid-week event this week. Yay!!
    I was so sad last night when I heard from Kalinda that this technical issue won't be fixed until the next update. Thank you to whoever made this issue fixed. Thank you Glu team!
    So now is the question. How many Throwback sale gift boxes should I purchase to not let the event disappear? What is the tipping point? Or maybe I shouldn't open any TB box until I finish the event?
    Or maybe I shouldn't open any of them at all to prevent not getting TB events in the future?
    Ok, I'm thinking too much and driving myself crazy. :p
    I hope everyone gets the event this week and this missing event will never happen again in the future.
    I like dating, professional, Reality show events, just no parties!!

Cherry_cokez, did you get the event now?

No, I didn't get the event. But I'm glad you can enjoy your midweek event ^_^ because it means Glu still working for the tech issue.... I really hope next week I will get the event. I am a new player, I need throwback boxes coz I missed so much clothes
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Hey everyone! Has anyone opened a 60kstar TB box yet and are they worth the money? I wasn't sure whether to gamble or just wait for the Black Friday sales!
    ✨ KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    No, I didn't get the event. But I'm glad you can enjoy your midweek event ^_^ because it means Glu still working for the tech issue.... I really hope next week I will get the event. I am a new player, I need throwback boxes coz I missed so much clothes

Cherry, I'm so sorry to hear that you and many other ppl still don't get the event. Yes, Glu team is definitely working on it. So, have faith in them. I hope the next update is coming soon and everyone gets the event.
    🍎 iOS dollsπŸ“± Β 
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Lyanna wrote: Β»
    Hey everyone! Has anyone opened a 60kstar TB box yet and are they worth the money? I wasn't sure whether to gamble or just wait for the Black Friday sales!

I'd say of all the boxes you can purchase they're the ones most worth it. You get a TB item in every single one so you definitely get something, the only question is whether you like the item or not. But even if you get something you don't like, you can never get the item again so it still gets you closer to those items you're really hoping for.
    I'm not sure whether they'll have TB items available during Black Friday, and if they do it's probably just a small selection...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    I'm sorry that there are still exclude games, but they are working on it. I'm glad a lot of the excluded ones are getting it, now fingers crossed for the rest of you.

I got 25Stars in one game, 30 Energy in a 2nd, and of course....$2500 in the third. The stars were nice. :) And the energy helped me do more dating. :):)

Ok, I put the video Always look on the bright side of life.....monty python. But I had to take it down. One little line said one bad word, that rhymes with it. so....down it comes.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I won a purse in my first box. I also had the light blue/mint? heels in my palette which I really would've liked. Maybe next time...

I'm so glad I learned my lesson from last week and actually read the description of the banner this time :p I will say I can't wait until we get back to the normal 5 star gigs though. They are so much easier than parties and dating.
    From your lips to Glu's ears. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    Is there seriously a throwback sale? I'm missing 2 sales now?!! Last week was a sale and now there's another one?
  • ElleSElleS Registered Users 27 Posts
    Minji wrote: Β»
    Is there seriously a throwback sale? I'm missing 2 sales now?!! Last week was a sale and now there's another one?

It's the same event as last week but this week we have to go on dates and last week it was parties or gigs I think. The sale isn't really a sale..you have to buy TB Boxes without knowing what's inside..

Did you update the game? They released an update on the 4th and I guess that's what fixed it for me..I'm not sure though.
  • eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 399 Posts
    Hey all,

If you're not seeing the event, try full-closing the game and relaunching the app!

e+b
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
    Hey all,

If you're not seeing the event, try full-closing the game and relaunching the app!

e+b

yes I already did that several times, restart my ipad, and I still can't get the event. What else can I try? I'm willing to try anything ;)
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    Is anyone else been getting only 1 hour dates since the event started? This is taking forever getting only 6 stars per date!
    ✨ KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS