Mid-Week event! 11/8/2016

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I needed some happiness this morning to counteract my sadness, and Glu has given me nothing but 8 hour dates today! So I am closing in on the third box...

It's so weird in my game. Yesterday afternoon I got one 1-hour date after the other... Then later at night it was suddenly only 8 hour dates.... This morning I got 2 hour dates, this afternoon 4 and now I'm back to 1-hour dates....
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Where is Vatsy? It's Wednesday and I donT know what to wear. And i'd love one of Nai's How We Style threads. They'd give us something fun while we relax as we energize. Plus I think we have some new members reading who haven't found a place to jump in. I'm enjoying whatever date they send me I guess. Had a great run of expensive but quick dates. I'm rewallybgrinding because I've been at this all this time and I just want a prize hysteric.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Done!
    c93fcNk.jpg

iw3G8Xt.jpg

I'm just kind of mad because there were TB earrings in my usual box. Ugh.

exUDFyl.jpg

Edit: oh yeah, I forgot to take a screenshot of my gold box, I got energy and was too frustrated lol
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    Done!
    c93fcNk.jpg

iw3G8Xt.jpg

I'm just kind of mad because there were TB earrings in my usual box. Ugh.

exUDFyl.jpg

Edit: oh yeah, I forgot to take a screenshot of my gold box, I got energy and was too frustrated lol

Congrats on those shades! They're my fave in the game. :)
    You remind me of the babe...
  • eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 399 Posts
    For those of you who don't have the event, I may have sent you a message already asking for your ID. If not, send me a PM with that information so that we can look into the problem for you.

Some of you who are not getting the event have been posting in this thread long after I originally sent the PM, so please make sure you check your inbox regularly! I can't help you if you don't provide me with the adequate information! :)

e+b
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Greaaaaat. Finished the event and my TB box was the American flag bikini. I was using the game for some escapism from this country. Last thing I want is patriotic gear.

Of course it's also the one time my boxes were predominantly clothes. The other three were a purse I actually want and two cool pairs of shoes.

But hey maybe that means I've won the majority of ridic TB accessories. Next time maybe I'll even see hair.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    Greaaaaat. Finished the event and my TB box was the American flag bikini. I was using the game for some escapism from this country. Last thing I want is patriotic gear.

Of course it's also the one time my boxes were predominantly clothes. The other three were a purse I actually want and two cool pairs of shoes.

But hey maybe that means I've won the majority of ridic TB accessories. Next time maybe I'll even see hair.

Ha! And that's how I feel whenever I win something less than stellar. At least I got it out of the way (still sucks though)
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Cash, minty green (yes ugly) shoes, and energy :p and I'm going to get that free TB box if it kills me or my fingers seize up lol. Just praying for something nice this time ;)
    well, you know I always say if there is one great prize in the event, it was was a success? This week the phone got the TB and in it............the cream fuzzy top. I've been hoping for that forever. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    well, you know I always say if there is one great prize in the event, it was was a success? This week the phone got the TB and in it............the cream fuzzy top. I've been hoping for that forever. :)

Yay! I one day hope to find that, too.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Koko, I'm so excited for you! You'll have to post a modelling pic!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    OH YAAAAAAY! Congrats! I know you've been looking for that sweater for ages :p I got yet another pair of sunnies in my TB box but not even gonna complain because it was free and it was nice to see GLU offering us a different mid-week event :cool:
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Yay, congrats, Koko!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Bentley StellarBentley Stellar Registered Users 45 Posts
    Wow, that was an unfortunate automatic notification. I'm sorry you got that but not the event Minji. Would it help if I tell you a secret? Big things will happen this season. Glu listens. I don't know what it is, I know nothing except we'll be very happy.

Ok, it doesn't really help, but I guess I'm trying to let you know that this midweek event is nice, but bigger things are in the works. And about this midweek event, believe me Glu is still working on it. They are committed to bringing us more and more opportunities to get the Throwback items. and, right now they are working to get these events into everyone's games.

Oh, good morning ;). I feel less bummed about 3 items in 9 boxes, and I didn't get any of them. But, they definitely changed things because I am always left needing one task star, and having to choose between 8 energy/200$ task and a 9 energy special task. What hurts...after scrounging for those 8 energy...one blue star drops and boom. That date is over. ;(. Nearly every single time. b4 comebacks we had a lot of tasks to choose from. Now not so much. Bring back more tasks to tap please. Not everything has to squeeze us like that.

off to make coffee. How were your mornings so far?
    Sil5678 wrote: »
    300 points for the third box! Btw I finished basically all the money in the game and my husband not even once offered to pay for the date... not good honey! 😂

A 5-heart midweek event sounds like it could be fun, however when you really think about it, seems very problematic.

Dating events are some of the hardest ones - and does working that hard just for one throwback box really seem worth it? Unless they have changed this...

I am currently maxed-out in terms of relationship points with my hubby. I'm happy with him, and don't want my doll to start a new relationship, so dating is pretty much a dead-end for me. A waste of kash for very little payout.

Hoping that this up the max relationship for relationships soon, or at least some new achievements?

Ive been using a FB friend. .1st place out of everyone. .has paid wayyyy more than my hubby ever has .ever! My hub is maxed out. .2 kids..what else is our relationship good for? New guy is better and helping more! Hes gonna be hub 2..I think:) date someone diff! Helped me!
    Bentley
    Stella
    ALSO second player..main account-
     Jailyn.

FB: kayleighjohnson02780@gmail.com
       FB NAME: Jay Bee Kay Jay
    GC: kjo1003

Multi daily player! love to gift!
    Had to start over a few times so strictly playing under Jailyn name on KKH right now!

Lii wrote: »
    It's so weird in my game. Yesterday afternoon I got one 1-hour date after the other... Then later at night it was suddenly only 8 hour dates.... This morning I got 2 hour dates, this afternoon 4 and now I'm back to 1-hour dates....

i got a run of 1 hour dates too. Usually, I can hit the same length date a few times, but the 1 hour dates went on for a good hour. Then when I couldn't take it, I'd do 8 hours if they popped up, but I think my new fave is the 4 hour. The 4 hour in oak is the best use of energy. With 2 hour dates...if you get the right tappable tasks it can be sweet, if not awful. A one hour can be done in 4 energy with 650, but no kiss point or the same 1 hour can cost up to 18 energy. Similar with the 2 hour in oak, it can be finished with the right actions available for as little as 8 energy, tap kiss for 5, get 1 back then 4 energy & 650 for the bottle of wine. All together 8 energy and your down...But that same 2 hour if the right tasks don't open up can take up in the high 20s low 30s energy wise. But with the 4 hour you get the super Expensive wine task, and the kiss, and some others. It a solid task you can count on, and you walk away with 16event points + one for the kiss.

Anywsy...earrings for thecTab, I think a painted purse forcAppleP, but zee got her too. Another happy event.
    Last week Apple got the cinnamon bun hair, this week the top for Zee, I guess if we have one next week it's the tabs turn. Right here Kst us steemed, because she really wanted the top.

KKH_Screenshot_1478769266092.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I almost missed the top. I was about to pick the 5th box for my mom's birthday, but baba was home ND I die him to pick the regular box or number5. I was about to tap 5, he shouted out regular I moved my finger, tapped the regular,.....and walked away with the tiop, thank you Baba!
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I had zero items in my gold box. I did win 40 k-stars so I can't be mad about that, but 3 of the boxes were partnerships and the others (besides my k-star one) were cash and energy. I only have one gold box item I don't understand :( We rarely get those boxes so to not see an item at all is frustrating.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congratulations on the cream top Koko!!!:D

You wanted it for sooo long and is finally here!

Soooo happy for you Koko!!!

I managed to get 3x money lol

#myluckweeknot

#fangsfornai
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Jadedx0Jadedx0 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Not being able to be apart of this event is really bumming me out.. Makes me wonder just how many I've missed.. :(
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    i got a run of 1 hour dates too. Usually, I can hit the same length date a few times, but the 1 hour dates went on for a good hour. Then when I couldn't take it, I'd do 8 hours if they popped up, but I think my new fave is the 4 hour. The 4 hour in oak is the best use of energy. With 2 hour dates...if you get the right tappable tasks it can be sweet, if not awful. A one hour can be done in 4 energy with 650, but no kiss point or the same 1 hour can cost up to 18 energy. Similar with the 2 hour in oak, it can be finished with the right actions available for as little as 8 energy, tap kiss for 5, get 1 back then 4 energy & 650 for the bottle of wine. All together 8 energy and your down...But that same 2 hour if the right tasks don't open up can take up in the high 20s low 30s energy wise. But with the 4 hour you get the super Expensive wine task, and the kiss, and some others. It a solid task you can count on, and you walk away with 16event points + one for the kiss.

Anywsy...earrings for thecTab, I think a painted purse forcAppleP, but zee got her too. Another happy event.
    Last week Apple got the cinnamon bun hair, this week the top for Zee, I guess if we have one next week it's the tabs turn. Right here Kst us steemed, because she really wanted the top.

KKH_Screenshot_1478769266092.jpg

I'miei in love with that top! Congratulations Koko!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
    Thanks. My doll is going to live in that for a while. The other games got a purse I don't remember and care nothing about, and the other got snowflake earrings. That's nice because she had the necklace from last year. ;0. But, my prize this week, that top. Oh, can you imagine that top with the twin bun hair? Alas, two different games, in fact two different platforms. Soon, I can feel it.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    I appreciate that they're trying something new and I was really excited for a midweek dating event, but the execution was horrible. 600 points without the bonus stars that we get during the weekend events is ridiculous. I'm at something like 440 and I don't think I want to continue.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I appreciate that they're trying something new and I was really excited for a midweek dating event, but the execution was horrible. 600 points without the bonus stars that we get during the weekend events is ridiculous. I'm at something like 440 and I don't think I want to continue.

Same. That and receiving energy, energy, and Kash in my boxes. Bleh.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts

Same. I was thisclose to not even bothering with the 2nd box. The 3rd is looking yet more and more doubtful. These are point designations for weekend events. And of a particular type. It's disappointing to be so dissuaded as to give up doing the event altogether.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Am I picking up on that people have gotten a tb sale in their wardrobes for a few items? And that they did last week too? I'm not getting these sales...help???
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    HOLY MOLY!
    Screenshot_2016_11_10_16_10_30_1.png
    so unexpected lol vampires are not my thing but I'm cool with it :D besides they look really good with the white eyes from this year
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Am I picking up on that people have gotten a tb sale in their wardrobes for a few items? And that they did last week too? I'm not getting these sales...help???

Me neither. I'm just getting the events.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    From my throwback box I got a black and white heels which are really cute the problem is that there was also in the pattern the dolce&gabbana inspired dress that I wanted from the moment I saw it in the event : (
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts

I *think* the only sale is the throwback box sale (each box costs 60 kstars and is a toss up). I haven't been reading this thread too closely after the first day of the event, but I am pretty sure it was just the box sale and not the selection of throwbacks in the wardrobe like we had a few weeks back.

hi. There were throwback boxes on sale, 60 stars. That is running with dating event. Last week the same. I didn't hear of anyone who had any
    'open box' to items for sale...if so I'd a bought the fuzzy shirt for the other two. Lol.

Hey ....just got the mini loading meter.....I rushed to look for the fall baskets and things, but no decorations yet. Maybe next week.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary