Update 5.7 is here!

Comments

• ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    Daleth wrote: »
    Kalinda...could you pleases explain why Glu continues to have mid-week events after a Monday update. They obviously know that two of four platforms are not going to be able to participate. This exact event could have been scheduled for next week. Getting an update late is no big deal...but missing out on all these mid-week events is more than annoying...I assure you that I am not the only player who feels this way

THIS. Facebook and Kindle users are going to lose out on an amazing dress and hairstyle if we don't get the update soon. It would've made more sense to make this a simple throwback box event. :(
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The team that prepares new updates for Amazon and Facebook games has been very busy preparing the next major update I've mentioned on the forum. I apologize if you can't participate in the midweek event. I realize you really want the items, so please keep in mind that there will be future opportunities to get them, such as throwback boxes and sales.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Sorry I don't know about the iguana/chameleon situation, because I'm not there at the time...
    Sorry... I don't know it can cause a meltdown if I said wrong animal Illama.... I just guessing but I don't intend to make someone offended...
    thanks Vats, now I know it is alpaca :cool: thanks a lot for the pic, so so cute
    for spoilers, I flirt with Alonzo , i want to know where the storyline goes LOL
    I agree Vats, Casa de Vidrio is so cozy :o

Oh I stepped in it again. This is nothing against you. We can call it a snow cone for all I care. Vats referenced how I continued to call the Chamaeleon an iguana it was a sentimental reason again we asked for an iguana got a Chamaeleon. My continuation in calling him the iguana really annoyed someone. I ended up apologizing and I changed Iggy's name to Cami. So Vats was referencing that. My point was just that no one should feel bad for mid identifying an animal. It was purely my fault for continuing to call him and iguana. I'm sorry if you felt singled out.

I remember a funny thing,i I went to Arkansas to visit my mom, and I kept seeing sign after sign on the roads for
    "llamas for sale". I thought it odd for what I thought was an exotic animal, like a camel, but selling like hot cakes in rural Arkansas. Picture it sign after sign for llamas. Got to my moms and another neighbor had a sign up 'alpaca for sale- thought it was a llama".
    I kid you not. I had a chameleon that was the size of a newt. So, it really matters not, and believe me it wasn't you Cherry Coker.

What at matters is its 80 stars and pays out energy. I haven't bought the home yet, so I don't have the little spitter. Can we walk him, or is he another stay at home animal?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    The team that prepares new updates for Amazon and Facebook games has been very busy preparing the next major update I've mentioned on the forum. I apologize if you can't participate in the midweek event. I realize you really want the items, so please keep in mind that there will be future opportunities to get them, such as throwback boxes and sales.

Kalinda. thanks for replying...but I dont think you understand what I was saying....for me this has nothing to do with the hair or the dress....it is about the unfairness of Glu holding midweek events directly after an update when it is absolutely not neccessary to do this.... in my opinion they should stop this practice immediately. Thanks
  • xtaylor22xtaylor22 Registered Users 12 Posts
    So kindle users won't be getting the event at all? I'm really disappointed. This seems to happen a lot. :/
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts

What at matters is its 80 stars and pays out energy. I haven't bought the home yet, so I don't have the little spitter. Can we walk him, or is he another stay at home animal?

Oh, if we can walk him, I will forever be with an alpaca by my side.
    hoodstar9 wrote: »
    Beyond irritated right now and I do not understand why I am seeing ads after purchasing the VIP subscriber and the Shop My Closet from a few weekends ago. I don't know how long it takes to run an "investigation" on someone's account but surely it shouldn't take longer than two weeks.

Hi. One of my games started seeing ads again. True, I had just transfered my tab game to an old phone, but the ads started yesterday I think. It's driving me crazy. I thought it might have started after the update. It's a smaller device, so I thought I was probably hitting something, till I was on the jet and boom....ad for a car. lol. When I hear something, I'll let you know, and if you hear first, let me know?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I'm also getting immediately sent to the offer wall.

This is happening to me as well- getting immediately sent to 'other offers' instead of getting the screen that allows me to watch free videos. It doesn't happen every time but it's happening a lot. Super annoying! Glu please fix this!
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts

Do the items from the mid meek events also appear in future throwback boxes?

And how long does it last until an item gets added to the throwback items?
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Hi. One of my games started seeing ads again. True, I had just transfered my tab game to an old phone, but the ads started yesterday I think. It's driving me crazy. I thought it might have started after the update. It's a smaller device, so I thought I was probably hitting something, till I was on the jet and boom....ad for a car. lol. When I hear something, I'll let you know, and if you hear first, let me know?

Kalinda tells me the Glu techs are investigating the ads issue.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Do the items from the mid meek events also appear in future throwback boxes?

And how long does it last until an item gets added to the throwback items?

Eager to hear this answer. Since we are just starting to have midweeks with exclusive items, it will be good to know if they will be considered for future TBs. I know that some of the dresses and items that were gifted in-game during a quest have been included in TBs because I have won them.

Cherrey - I read about your kstar issues - I hope you get it fixed soon! I would send you those earrings if I could!
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts

I appreciate the reply, but hearing there will be "future opportunities" to get the items is a small comfort because if I had the update and event on time, I'd have the items without spending any extra K-stars which there are limited opportunities to get for free when playing on the Amazon Kindle. Also, I don't count on getting anything specific I want in the throwback boxes.. most of the time I get shoes or a handbag.. occasionally a clothing item.

Are we definitely not getting the 5.7 update?
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Cherrey - I read about your kstar issues - I hope you get it fixed soon! I would send you those earrings if I could!

Thank you, Julesmo! You are so lovely :rolleyes:

I didn't get my purchased Kstars yet, but I was able to scratch together 23 Kstars from special offers to reach 30 and buy the earrings. Now I hope I'm still able to complete the event :)
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    I really hope they add midweek items too! I regret not participating in this one
    LindaVB wrote: »
    image_zps0bnnufyp.jpeg

:( I don't want this top and skirt hauting me forever lol
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    Cherrey wrote: »
    Thank you, Julesmo! You are so lovely :rolleyes:

I didn't get my purchased Kstars yet, but I was able to scratch together 23 Kstars from special offers to reach 30 and buy the earrings. Now I hope I'm still able to complete the event :)

I'm so sorry this happened, but I'm really glad you got them and into the event. The dress and hair to me, look holiday special. my dolls will love wearing on thanksgiving. I think they'll eat in Vienna, drink wine in that new place. Thanksgiving isn't even here yet, and we're getting holiday knocvkouts. That hair looks like an old movie star. Not Liz Taylor another one.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Grace Kelly perhaps?

1cf25909fe776efa2a772984db85e28b.jpg
    Oh Soundspretty, you are so right. TY :) I'm a big hitch**** fan. And the Hermes Kelly Bag.

I don't know if it was posted, but iOS Maria just gave me 12 Stars for the new home in Maipo Valley. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I just started Alonso's art project in Muse and yeah, he's very... forward lol not gonna lie, I'm going with it just because he's from my country :D he's not a good looking NPC in my game either but oh well CHILE REPRESENT!!! So I'm expecting Casa de Vidrio's owner to be a flirt aswell...
    Men in Chile are actually known to be quite shy lol at least that's what people from other country's like, Colombia, Brasil or Argentina say :)
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    The NPC looked good in my game but then I got to the second event and he's wearing those pink and white pants?? Does anyone know what I'm talking out? I actually laughed out loud
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    So definitely is an Alpaca.

I agree that the pets are becoming expensive, they could make these 'special' pets drop a k-star from time to time (like 5% of chance) to make their purchase more worthy.

If it helps anyone, after the last update I waited to buy the giraffe because it was so expensive and a few days later, Maria offered it on sale for (I think) 16 kstars back. Then the same offer came that day for the Paris dog.

So I'm totally waiting for the Alpaca to pop up on Maria's clearance rack.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    The NPC looked good in my game but then I got to the second event and he's wearing those pink and white pants?? Does anyone know what I'm talking out? I actually laughed out loud

My Alonso was so horrible-looking, nasty and greasy and yes, so poorly put together I was actually disgusted, and his coming on to me made it even worse. I couldn't wait to be rid of the storyline so I wouldn't have to look at him again. I suppose whomever created him thought it was funny. It wasn't, he was nauseating. Hey, I figure if so many people can swoon over Casio I can puke on Alonso and walk away feeling the better for it. Please, Alonso--do hurry and find your next muse. Ugh.
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I just started Alonso's art project in Muse and yeah, he's very... forward lol not gonna lie, I'm going with it just because he's from my country :D he's not a good looking NPC in my game either but oh well CHILE REPRESENT!!! So I'm expecting Casa de Vidrio's owner to be a flirt aswell...
    Men in Chile are actually known to be quite shy lol at least that's what people from other country's like, Colombia, Brasil or Argentina say :)

I´m from Brazil and I had a Spanish teacher from Chile. Can´t say he was shy, but he was definitely...weird hahaha! Also my half-sister was married to a Chilean guy and he was quite shy. By the way my favorite Chilean guy is Pedro Pascal. He´s so handsome and lovely ♥.♥
    Darn it. Game needs a director of character authenticity. But sigh, I think he is shy, because after flirting shamelessly in tje photo shoot, when the gig was over....I was discarded. Haven't heard from him in half a day. Sniff sniff. I thought he'd be the one. Who's got chocolate? And Jack. And Rocky road. Yeah, Kim should have us over with vats of ice cream, bars of chocolate, and Jack Daniels. Lots and lots of Jack. We can dish on Alonzo, Cassio and Maximilian all at once.

Upside.....I did get 12 stars back for buying the house. ;) Now if I get a call for the pet I'll forget all about.....what's his name?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

I do know! What I don't know is how those pants were approved to be in your wardrobe lol

Something happened to my game's Alonso, his eyes were red when we first met, but suddenly on the second gig they became brown! He started to look better, but not that much, anyway I don't think that Vats was what really inspired him, his talk was kinda funny and those red eyes don't lie...

Let's move on, I'll miss Chillin' in Chile ( they could make more storylines related to the new locations of each update, lately we've been getting just one, barely can enjoy the new place), but now is Alvin's time! So good to see my crush, TBH I didn't got it about what it is the next storyline, all I know that he was at the Panino and generally he's hanging at the Brew Palms, could have been a romantic dinner, but it wasn't unfortunately lol
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    If it helps anyone, after the last update I waited to buy the giraffe because it was so expensive and a few days later, Maria offered it on sale for (I think) 16 kstars back. Then the same offer came that day for the Paris dog.

So I'm totally waiting for the Alpaca to pop up on Maria's clearance rack.

You're so luck Savage! I think since Luxe Goals were introduced she called me once or twice offering a pet, she generally offers me vases, tables and wardrobe leftovers! *sigh*
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Vats, this is for you

Screenshot_2016-11-15-22-18-13_zpsuemjawni.jpg

Alvin is hot!
    Android
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    I don't know if we can walk the alpaca, because I'm still waiting for Maria to call me :p
    I want the discount for the houses :)
  • xtaylor22xtaylor22 Registered Users 12 Posts
    Is there any chance that the players that didn't get the update, so couldn't participate in the event get their own event when we finally get the update? I really wanted to do this week'a SYS, but couldn't because I didn't get the update. :( I also think this happened before, but I'm not sure.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Hi xtaylor!

I'm afraid that you won't receive the event if the update comes after the SYS is over, never heard of something like this before. I'm sorry.

Maria called me offering Maipo's house, yay! So happy that I hadn't to wait too much! And look at this:
    hG9pD6F.png?1

Got lot of goodies back! First time that I received all that amount!

Cowboy Vats takes Maipo Valley:
    GYkmUEa.jpg
    Little Mell will learn how to ride a horse today!

Vats, this is for you

Screenshot_2016-11-15-22-18-13_zpsuemjawni.jpg

Alvin is hot!

He's hot and such a pro! If V hadn't found a good man as B, I would be here imploring to Glu make Alvin available, I mean look at that light brown hair, so unique!

Last year due a glitch at the 10AX Alvin declared all his love to V, it was the only time that he went off his professional character.

Lately he has been a bit colder, he used to be more enthusiastic about V's presence lol
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Paty wrote: »
    I´m from Brazil and I had a Spanish teacher from Chile. Can´t say he was shy, but he was definitely...weird hahaha! Also my half-sister was married to a Chilean guy and he was quite shy. By the way my favorite Chilean guy is Pedro Pascal. He´s so handsome and lovely ♥.♥

OMG I love Pedro! He's lovely, I loved him in GOT but you know, THAT scene is something that I will never forget... lol
    I kind of want to start watching Narcos just for him <3
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    No one has mentioned that acting gigs look so different now! The following is from a generic gig, not a storyline gig.

11nnOm3.jpg
    You remind me of the babe...