Weekend Event 11/18/16 ~Surprise Surprise What will it be?

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Got a late start on the event because I had meetings, but now I'm already almost at the necklace. Got energy in my free box which helped, but I really wouldn't have needed it. My palette was also pretty disappointing (only two event items, mainly energy, Kash and event points...)
    On the plus side I'm really enjoying all th storyline gigs, I still have some from the last update and the new ones so I'm mainly doing those at the moment.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    My boxes started out crummy. At one point 2 games were sitting with 170 energy. So, I guess you know what I did for an hour....reality shows. But one of the devices is the one stuck with the Ads. I honestly don't think she'll finish. The ads started Monday, I've done very little playing, other than dating the spouse, and submitting and voting for looks. I don't think I can do this for the weekend. Ugh. And, they're worse than I remember. They don't even wait for a screen change.

But......according to samsung and ups, my tablet got there yesterday morning, and yesterday afternoon a new one was on the truck for me. It's coming between 1:30 and 6. So.......my fingers are crossed, that when I get my game back onto the right device (right now she's living in a 5 inch Samsung S4 phone. (can't believe I palyed on one till Feb, but) her home is a 10.5" tablet. My fingers are so crossed that the game transfer leaves off the ads. I honestly can't stand it. You think you're tapping and boom stoopid car ad. Cross your fingers with me? Easy install and no ads. That's what this cookie wants. uh huh.

You've made me realise that I haven't had ads for a while, Koko, and the game is so much better without them! Fingers crossed they are gone when your new tablet arrives and is all set up! (And how perfect to have a new tablet just in time for the big event next weekend)
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I'm loving the earnables for this weekend so after skipping the midweek event (not gonna pay the 30 kstars entry fee for a chance of "winning" Kash in my boxes) I'm gonna go for this one. On my free box I won 40 kstars so not too shabby:

IMG_0374.jpeg

All going to the Black Friday fund. :D

I did buy the Shop My Closet cause I liked it, and I'm really happy with it.

IMG_0373.jpg

This is my new favorite hair now. And I've actually changed my doll's eyes! I like how they make her look more mature (and in combination with the hair she looks more like me now).
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Got a pallette without 4k k$ in a long time (can't remember if that actually already happened before) and it sucked incredible anyway lol:
    7lDOU30.png?1

Then I come here and see that we have an epidemy of people getting event points, which is something weird cause this never was an usual complain during weekends and since those were introduced I rarely got them...Anyone else smelling something fishy?

I went to google to find out what is a Dingo, and it's a cute kind of wild dog/wolf, and that got me curious about the storyline, but after last week fiasco I don't think is clever to spend my energy doing those gigs that can give me nothing on exchange.:confused:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Sappho

The special Throwback boxes only have throwback items in them, no cash or anything, just items. (In case you want to participate next time)
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    I'm curious about the earnable skirt. In the pop up banner the shoes I see are black strappy heels.....but I'm not wearing them. Does that mean that the skirt and shoes are a set and have to be worn together? It's not a great combo IMO.
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    .Anyone else smelling something fishy?

Yes and it's not 'bad luck' like others here keep thinking. Glu rigged the chances so that they skew out of our favor even more. Last week some pallets had NO event items in them.

I don't know how they rationalize treating their customers so poorly. You should keep the quality and rules of the game the same as when you start it, but they chose to downgrade to squeeze more money from us.

It's backfiring on them though with some players too afraid to spend on boxes at all because actually getting an item is like spotting a unicorn.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Daleth wrote: »
    I'm curious about the earnable skirt. In the pop up banner the shoes I see are black strappy heels.....but I'm not wearing them. Does that mean that the skirt and shoes are a set and have to be worn together? It's not a great combo IMO.

The shoes shown in the preview are a pair of the default ones you start out with in the game. I'm not sure what's going on because usually the preview reflects what your doll is wearing. So maybe you can only wear those shoes? That would be weird because like you said the combination seems off.

I earned the top in my free box. I'm not totally into it but I don't hate it either. At least it's colorful.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    OK I have all three devices funded for the large package of stars with the 25% discount. The iPad charges tax :-( androids don't :-) so if it turns out that it's more stars for the same money I have to finish upping my balances but it won't be quite so painful. On one hand I'd really prefer more stores for the same money, but if it's 25percent I'm good to go. Now that's a real important part of getting ready for this holiday isnt it ladies? Getting ready for the sale. ;). OK so I also got the turkey and I'll kinds of other things how are you getting ready for The Sale? we need for the meal I got cheeses I feel like I'm forgetting something.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Wait, so the shoes are mandatory? I want to wear the skirt with the pink and purple shoes. ;( I will never wear that shirt with those shoes. I'll stop and clean my house for The holidays. ;( somebody say it's not so.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Wait, so the shoes are mandatory? I want to wear the skirt with the pink and purple shoes. ;( I will never wear that shirt with those shoes. I'll stop and clean my house for The holidays. ;( somebody say it's not so.

I hope it's not the case but normally whatever you are wearing shows up in the preview unless of course one of the event items replaces it. So I don't know why the preview isn't showing what shoes we're wearing unless you can't choose which shoes to wear with the skirt?
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I'm afraid to open my free gift box :( I really want the high boots and I'm going to chase them but I want also save k stars for black friday...
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Am I the only one who has palettes with all the event items in them? I don't always open those boxes, but they are there. Every time.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    Sappho

The special Throwback boxes only have throwback items in them, no cash or anything, just items. (In case you want to participate next time)
    Ah thanks, that's good to know. I've just become wary of any boxes now with how much Kash is in them these days. :/
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    Ah thanks, that's good to know. I've just become wary of any boxes now with how much Kash is in them these days. :/

Yeah, the TB boxes are actually great because they always contain a TB item (no Kash, energy or KStars and no daily gift box items or regular closet items...). I guess that's why they're also more expensive than regular boxes... But at least you're guaranteed to get an item. They're the only boxes I pay to open up.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Am I the only one who has palettes with all the event items in them? I don't always open those boxes, but they are there. Every time.

Yassss, you most certainly are!
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    Yeah, the TB boxes are actually great because they always contain a TB item (no Kash, energy or KStars and no daily gift box items or regular closet items...). I guess that's why they're also more expensive than regular boxes... But at least you're guaranteed to get an item. They're the only boxes I pay to open up.

Tb boxes were always 60 stars. I never buy them. Not just the risk of getting something that to me is either ugly or undesirable, if I got a plastic St. Patrick's Day ring for all those stars I don't know which I'd be more--angry or upset. Prob both equally. And beating myself up for being such an idiot.
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    Daleth wrote: »

I took a look at Instagram and saw several dolls wearing their skirt with different shoes.

15046796_1687834664879296_1307489861397118976_n.jpg
    I had one palette with each item of course I didn't pick....but the extra gbs I bought had Stars one time, enough energy to give 2 games 150 energy each, and some event points. But the more boxes I opened, things started coming.

Good news .....the shoes were picked for the display image, but will not be part of the skirt when we get there.....so grind away dolls.

And, I forgot the best part of my early funding...I got a 20$ coupon back from the store, which bought 20$ more in cards. Wow, if I had deeper pockets, I could have parlayed that into getting another hundred for just 80 and then getting another 20$ back on top of that. So look around for deals this time of year. Often Ebay will have a discount...oh, I saw in Costco 50$ card (either itunes or google) regular 46...on sale for 41. With Ebay it's often an instant activation thing. So, lets get more bang for your buck, to enable you to get more bang for your buck here in the sale. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    I had one palette with each item of course I didn't pick....but the extra gbs I bought had Stars one time, enough energy to give 2 games 150 energy each, and some event points. But the more boxes I opened, things started coming.

Good news .....the shoes were picked for the display image, but will not be part of the skirt when we get there.....so grind away dolls.

And, I forgot the best part of my early funding...I got a 20$ coupon back from the store, which bought 20$ more in cards. Wow, if I had deeper pockets, I could have parlayed that into getting another hundred for just 80 and then getting another 20$ back on top of that. So look around for deals this time of year. Often Ebay will have a discount...oh, I saw in Costco 50$ card (either itunes or google) regular 46...on sale for 41. With Ebay it's often an instant activation thing. So, lets get more bang for your buck, to enable you to get more bang for your buck here in the sale. ;)

You're a genius. I wish we had a costco membership, but we can't really justify it as it's just the two of us and we don't have much storage space.

Hmmm... might have to steal/borrow my mom's costco card. Do they check ID at costco (to make sure you have a membership and didn't just grab your mom's card)? Anyone know?
    You remind me of the babe...
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Things don't always start coming. Halloween, my first four pallets had 2 items each in them. Then the next had ZERO items. I NEVER saw the hair in a pallet. For 500+ kstars I only won the shoes.

I know I sound annoyingly repetitive, but this is not fair.

I went from someone willing to spend real money on this game, to someone who won't even chance spending kstars on a box. I'm not chasing unicorns.

Glu doesn't care about their customers.
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Just got the update (i play the game on Facebook). Got a call from Simon about a show, then got a call from Kim about relaxing to Chile, but the little blue window with the weekend event on the right didn't show up.....
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

Just got the update (i play the game on Facebook). Got a call from Simon about a show, then got a call from Kim about relaxing to Chile, but the little blue window with the weekend event on the right didn't show up.....

Contact support! I'm sure they will help you out. :)
  • mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    Contact support! I'm sure they will help you out. :)
    Sure, specially when they tale 15 days to reply to a ticket! ;)
    mocastilho wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the advice Megannita! :):*

My pleasure!
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I had decent luck with the palettes. I'm not worried about not getting the purse or shirt because I really just wanted the boots and hair. Also, I'm trying to hurry and finish the event so I can play the new Pokemon games that came out today. I'm sure we're not allowed to talk about other non-Glu games on the forum, but I'm so excited that I had to share it with someone. :) Right now I'm at 367 points and hopefully I can finish the event by tomorrow morning.

xcyFkNVl.jpg
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Who's excited for the season finale of KUWTK on Sunday?!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I think today is my lucky day!

My cat was found today! He was missing for 3 days and I was a wreck. I was able to at least finish the SYS event because I was getting up every 2 hours to look for him outside. We had a few phone calls in the AM from people saying they had seen our cat. They sounded kind of promising, but one really worried me as it was near a major street and a major road. I was sure I wasn't going to get my little indoor cat back.

I wasn't going to play this weekend because I was exhausted and I wanted to put all my effort into finding my cat. Well he was found! In my landlord's apartment behind the couch. He must have been there for days and they didn't even notice he was in the apartment with them! I'm just glad he's back safe and sound.

Oh and then I opened the boots in my free gift box. I really wanted them, so I'm happy! However, they are really low, making them hard to style since they only go with tops and not dresses.
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    So I originally said I didn't really like the items this weekend, however now the giftbox outfit is really growing on me - it all looks great together. That's the problem though. You really need each piece for it to look good, but chasing sucks... I NEVER can end up with a full outfit, so why try? I've learned to not waste my money on giftboxes, except during VIPs.
    Minji wrote: »
    Info over the boots: the boots are in the shoe section but you can't wear it with shorts, pants, skirts or dresses. Only long tees. Which is kind of a disappointment.

I, myself couldn't create a good look as in those boots are some kind of leggings which are so low on the hips that wearing a top is just ugly. :(

Minji: This is my problem as well! I also got the boots in my free box, however the leggings sit so low that you can't wear most tops with them. Unfortunitely, it looks like they'll be sitting in my closet for a loooong time.

Here was my palette if anyone wants to see:

IMG_1072.png
    tiramisu wrote: »
    I love Gilmore Girls, too! I have a big deadline in the middle of the week after the new episodes come out, and a friend visiting that weekend, so I probably won't be able to watch them all right away, but I am still so excited! Especially for the fall episode -I can't wait to see Stars Hollow looking all autumnal again. And...don't judge me...but I've always kind of been a fan of Logan...I know, I know...
    You have no idea how much I love seeing that you're fans of Gilmore Girls too! I actually met Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (separately) a few years ago. I'm obsessed.
    Mani86 wrote: »
    Wow! The event items are GORGEOUS, thigh high boots, lovely hair, cute tops... it's going to be a fun one!

Oh! So many Gillies (Gilmore girls fans) here, I had no idea! I am obsessed with the show and to have new episodes after 9 years is wonderful. I am off work and plan on turning off both phone and iPad, loading up with as much junk as I can and just sit there for 6 hours straight, watching everything. It's going to be amazing! I am currently listening through the Gilmore Guys podcast, anyone listened to it? They are funny and really good and they sometimes have people on that have worked with the show in one way or another so you get to know a lot of behind the scenes info, how they cast the actors etc. I recommend it to people loving Gilmore Girls.

I am going to end here, cause I could talk about this all day. My longest post on this forum so far? Yaas. :D
    My sister is Team Logan. I'm torn between Jess and Logan. Dean can suck it.

A few months ago I started watching the series again in preparation but I I stopped mid season 5 and I forgot to start back up. I need to get on it. I've only seen season 7 once because I hated how it ended so much I never wanted to watch it again.

Funny story, my husband found this rainbow mug while clearing out a family member's house and decided to bring it home. Why? I don't know. Anyway, one morning I'm drinking coffee out of the mug while watching GG and guess which mug was Mitchum's desk?! Nobody else thought it was cool but I did :p

Tiramisu, Kalinda, Mani, Soundspretty: I did used to really like Logan, however after recently rewatching it all (and I think my first time watching as an adult), I really just can't support him... I think he was great for Rory for a short period of time, but overall he just reminds me too much of Christopher, who I really can't stand. Idk, I just really don't like him anymore.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I kind of feel bad sharing this with all the bad luck others here have had, but here's my pallette:

85iQwqm.png?1

I had to really fight not to chase the shirt, but I am not pressing that good luck!

Minji and Katiealexandra-- I am in the same boat, where I love the boots but am having a really hard time styling them without the GB shirt! Here's one way I came up with, but I'm not wild about it:

oXhe9ia.jpg

As has been mentioned above, the issue is that the pants that are attached to the boots are so low cut as to look silly with most of the shirts in my closet.

I'm starting to really like this hair. I love it on Angeline-- it looks so good so dark! But I also think I like it better on Everly with more summery clothes (as opposed to the look above). Here is Everly styling the new earnable necklace:

rsXutuZ.jpg
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.