Weekend Event 11/18/16 ~Surprise Surprise What will it be?

Comments

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    zitrone wrote: »
    I think today is my lucky day!

My cat was found today! He was missing for 3 days and I was a wreck. I was able to at least finish the SYS event because I was getting up every 2 hours to look for him outside. We had a few phone calls in the AM from people saying they had seen our cat. They sounded kind of promising, but one really worried me as it was near a major street and a major road. I was sure I wasn't going to get my little indoor cat back.

I wasn't going to play this weekend because I was exhausted and I wanted to put all my effort into finding my cat. Well he was found! In my landlord's apartment behind the couch. He must have been there for days and they didn't even notice he was in the apartment with them! I'm just glad he's back safe and sound.

Oh and then I opened the boots in my free gift box. I really wanted them, so I'm happy! However, they are really low, making them hard to style since they only go with tops and not dresses.

So glad to hear your cat was found and is doing well, it's such a horrible feeling when a cat disappears. One of my cats was gone for 2 months once, we had already given up on ever seeing her again and then she just turned up in our garage one day. She was a lot skinnier than before and looked a bit rough but otherwise she was well (however, she was already used to being outside).
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    I opened my gift box hoping for the boots aaaanddd...got the lucky $4k box uuggghhhh.
    I already have hundreds of thousands saved up so that measly $4k is so useless to me. If I had gotten 40 kstars I would've just saved them for the black friday event but oh well. Glad to see other people got lucky.

I like the earnable necklace and skirt the most but I'm not crazy about them. However, I would be pretty disappointed if I worked hard or paid for a throwback box and got any of those items so I decided I have to just earn them now haha
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Awwww Zitrone I'm so happy you got your kitty back safe and sound!!!!! :D I'm sure you were a wreck worrying about him!
    zitrone wrote: »
    I think today is my lucky day!

My cat was found today! He was missing for 3 days and I was a wreck. I was able to at least finish the SYS event because I was getting up every 2 hours to look for him outside. We had a few phone calls in the AM from people saying they had seen our cat. They sounded kind of promising, but one really worried me as it was near a major street and a major road. I was sure I wasn't going to get my little indoor cat back.

I wasn't going to play this weekend because I was exhausted and I wanted to put all my effort into finding my cat. Well he was found! In my landlord's apartment behind the couch. He must have been there for days and they didn't even notice he was in the apartment with them! I'm just glad he's back safe and sound.

Oh and then I opened the boots in my free gift box. I really wanted them, so I'm happy! However, they are really low, making them hard to style since they only go with tops and not dresses.
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I'd give it to you for free if I could Haftime! It's the only gb item I got and I hate it, but I need the bonus points to finish lol
    haftime wrote: »
    Minji and Katiealexandra-- I am in the same boat, where I love the boots but am having a really hard time styling them without the GB shirt!

image_zpstbdnkikv.jpeg
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    Kalinda personally (and very kindly) offered to help me with a problem when I pm'd her last week, so I wouldn't worry about that.

Kalinda's helped me also, though I'm not sure it's the best idea if people should end up bombarding her with pm's for help...? Maybe it's better to ask first? I was lucky she'd seen something I'd posted and kindly went out of her way to help.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Contact support! I'm sure they will help you out. :)

I AM contacting Support even now as I write, and here it is: Send the Starbucks, please!
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Ahh, I got the hair, and after some chasing (bad max, bad max), finally the boots (and also the shirt). It seems like I have to chase more now these days, like the box odds are being fiddled with again or something, idk.

Anyway, next week is my birthday! I can't wait to see what they have planned for Thanksgiving (which my birthday falls on this year, aw yisss).

Also, for the people who are thinking about contacting our new awesome moderators, eggsandbananas reached out to me when I experienced an issue and it was resolved within a day or two. I agree we shouldn't bombard them with requests, but they are so quick and helpful, and sometimes it's nice just to hear a "we're looking into it" when you're experiencing a problem.
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    tumblr_ogv6wlHIQL1qfvh9po1_540.jpg

the 'plague' of event points continue LMAO

I liked the box shirt the most of any of this week's items so I am a little sad to miss it but not that bummed really. I'm going to try and use this weekend to get my tasks down anyway since it's been over 11 or 12 for months thanks to all the weekend event gigs I didn't go on.
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I AM contacting Support even now as I write, and here it is: Send the Starbucks, please!

LOL. I hope this profile pic didn't break any rules...:o
    You remind me of the babe...
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I reached out about the FB players not getting the event if I hear anything I'll post it. I'm sorry this is happening. I'm going back and cleaning up some of the unneeded quotes to "contact xxxxx". As isabeau pointed out, no need to bombard their mailboxes..
    I'm sorry this is happening, In some cases they reach out, in others support is the recommended action.

Glu reads the threads, and they investigate without being told in many cases, it's frustrating when because in one situation they said "contact us" but that's not the case in each situation. The best advice one can offer in the forum is to contact customer care. If you're unsure, pm me and I'll find out what can be done.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    So is anyone doing the event gigs? I've just started the first one and so far it's quite funny. It's shaping up to be quite the adventure, and Simon is hilarious as usual.

I do hope it's not another "pay to win" quest though. :/

Edit: Ooh, it looks like it might be a bit of a detective story. Or some detecting required, anyway. Should be interesting.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    I'm starting to really like this hair. I love it on Angeline-- it looks so good so dark! But I also think I like it better on Everly with more summery clothes (as opposed to the look above). Here is Everly styling the new earnable necklace:

Thanks halftime! I like the hair, too.
    It looks so much better than the hair we had for a weekend event last month that I'm glad I didn't chase.
    IMG_0097.jpg

You had a great pick! I like the way you pair the boots with that black turtleneck. :)
    I decided not to chase the boots. Gotta save some Kstars for next week just in case the KStar sale is not that great. Hopefully we will get double KStar sale! I still have the iTunes gift card that I got as a gift for my birthday last month. I only used it for two SMC. So proud of my self control!!

Sappho, I finished the event storyline. I got 10 event points after guessing who Canterbury is and got another 30 event points after the 3rd gig when Simon called. Simon said I did great, so I guess 40 is the max event points this week?
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    I also did the event storyline, I just finished the second gig. That one might be a bit problematic for non native speakers.... Or even native speakers not sure haha

****Spoilers*****
    The one that's barely understandable is the right choice.

In other news, I've completely crossed over to the dark side and started a second game on my phone. I know lol. Now I need to figure out how that whole Facebook thing works, I really hate Facebook.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    I don't remember double, 40 percent sticks in my mind for some reason. And it was slated to end at 9 PM that Monday. Instead, the whole sale shut down at 9 AM Eastern accidentally. But I'm sure it won't happen again.
    Just be prepared don't plan on any late Monday shopping just to be safe. Hey, we should put together a checklist of strategies and things to remember during the BF Sale. I remember being told that it's going to be even better than last year when I had exploded. And I don't think I dreamed it otherwise that's another thing we have to put on the Addicted List. Didn't someone say that once you buy a particular package you can't buy that package again?. I remember buying two different packages with no problem. I wonder if you can buy multiples of the same this year?

eta: thanks Nai. 40% was the earlier Android only sale. Hmm. I liked that better but a sale is a sale. I just know people spend more when there's a bigger discount. At a 40% flash sale I'd buy 2purses. At a 30...usually one. but YAY BLACK FRIDAY SALE NEXT WEEK. Oh, and the clothes were half price.

We had 100% during the 2nd anniversary weekend event, I looked up the thread!
    It would be really great to have discount in general but the 100 % was just AWESOME!

image_zpskqoe2glm.jpeg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Lii wrote: »
    In other news, I've completely crossed over to the dark side and started a second game on my phone. I know lol. Now I need to figure out how that whole Facebook thing works, I really hate Facebook.

Wow I have such respect for you all who play two games! Are you playing as a guy in your second game?
    I still have my old iPhone that still works perfect so am I am contemplating starting a second game...
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    LindaVB wrote: »
    Wow I have such respect for you all who play two games! Are you playing as a guy in your second game?
    I still have my old iPhone that still works perfect so am I am contemplating starting a second game...

It's a bit crazy, I agree. But I have achieved pretty much everything in my game and although I still love playing there is not really a challenge anymore so I decided to try it out. I'm playing as a guy now, but unfortunately my phone is android so I can't connect my two games :( I hope it will be possible in the future.
    It's a bit crazy, I agree. But I have achieved pretty much everything in my game and although I still love playing there is not really a challenge anymore so I decided to try it out. I'm playing as a guy now, but unfortunately my phone is android so I can't connect my two games :( I hope it will be possible in the future.

I hear you girl, I am no 1+++ at max level so there is not much of a challenge for me there either. Good luck with your second game!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life

Congrats on crossing over to the dark side.
    Too bad that your two games can't be connected yet. I sent a lot of gifts in the beginning from my first game to my second game to help him fill the first star/heart on gigs/dates. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Congrats on crossing over to the dark side.
    Too bad that your two games can't be connected yet. I sent a lot of gifts in the beginning from my first game to my second game to help him fill the first star/heart on gigs/dates. :)

Yeah, that would be so helpful! In my old game the Kash is just piling up and I have no real use for it...

My new game got the event now that I reached level 7, but I don't have the event storyline, is that normal?
    Sappho wrote: »
    So is anyone doing the event gigs? I've just started the first one and so far it's quite funny. It's shaping up to be quite the adventure, and Simon is hilarious as usual.

I do hope it's not another "pay to win" quest though. :/

Edit: Ooh, it looks like it might be a bit of a detective story. Or some detecting required, anyway. Should be interesting.

I don't mind Simon, but I know a few players dislike him because he seems like a bit of a fool. I found Ryan Starr (was that the name?) obnoxious though, so I am enjoying this storyline. I can't wait to meet Canterbury. I'm hoping it's secretly Elizabeth Korkov.
    Yeah, that would be so helpful! In my old game the Kash is just piling up and I have no real use for it...

My new game got the event now that I reached level 7, but I don't have the event storyline, is that normal?

Is it because you need to reach a certain level to go to NY & Sydney (this week's event gigs)?
    Go to Lax to see if these two cities are available to you. That might be the reason.
    TBH, it might be easier for your new game not to do the event storyline gigs. It takes so much energy to finish for a beginner doll. Try to level up so you can do 3hr reality shows in Malibu. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Is it because you need to reach a certain level to go to NY & Sydney (this week's event gigs)?
    Go to Lax to see if these two cities are available to you. That might be the reason.
    TBH, it might be easier for your new game not to do the event storyline gigs. It takes so much energy to finish for a beginner doll. Try to level up so you can do 3hr reality shows in Malibu. :)
    Oh yeah, that makes total sense! I was just confused why I didn't get them, I'm not focusing on the event at the moment, there is no way I can finish it haha
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »

Come on over... *evil laughter*
    PM to add
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Done!
    aaDm9v9.png?1

I was playing yesterday while watching Suicide Squad (now I understand why the movie's name, ew!) and I got lost on the plot of the storyline, but I think that I went the right way cause I got the points at the end:).

Now I'm so ready for the Black Friday, hope the earnables will be something beyond this world, because depending on what they put on sale next week I'll probably go all the way!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Done!
    aaDm9v9.png?1

I was playing yesterday while watching Suicide Squad (now I understand why the movie's name, ew!) and I got lost on the plot of the storyline, but I think that I went the right way cause I got the points at the end:).

Now I'm so ready for the Black Friday, hope the earnables will be something beyond this world, because depending on what they put on sale next week I'll probably go all the way!

So, did you hate the movie? :p
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    So, did you hate the movie? :p

No hate is not the feeling, more like I felt depressed and wanted to commit suicide after watching it lol

These superhero movies aren't my thing TBH.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    No hate is not the feeling, more like I felt depressed and wanted to commit suicide after watching it lol

These superhero movies aren't my thing TBH.

Oh wow, I'm sorry. I didn't love that one, but some of them are ok.

I thought the ending of the weekend storyline was a bit weird? Like with the third gig the whole thing kind of just fell apart and had no real resolution? Or did I just miss something and wasn't paying enough attention lol
    I thought the ending of the weekend storyline was a bit weird? Like with the third gig the whole thing kind of just fell apart and had no real resolution? Or did I just miss something and wasn't paying enough attention lol

True. I so wanted to know who the mysterious person was. I even thought maybe it'd be Maria. :eek:

I guess we'll never know...?
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Did anyone take that free drink at Lif?

Screenshot_2016-11-19-09-19-27_zpst4rxal8v.jpg

😁 That was fun!
    Android