Weekend Event 11/18/16 ~Surprise Surprise What will it be?

12346Next

Comments

• Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Lii wrote: Β»
    I also did the event storyline, I just finished the second gig. That one might be a bit problematic for non native speakers.... Or even native speakers not sure haha

****Spoilers*****
    The one that's barely understandable is the right choice.

In other news, I've completely crossed over to the dark side and started a second game on my phone. I know lol. Now I need to figure out how that whole Facebook thing works, I really hate Facebook.

I thought the guy in the middle was Aussie! Lol. So I picked the first one..but the other one called me anyway, so does it matter if you picked the wrong Canterbury?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Huge congratulations! Another Darkside victory! All I can think of re: the lack of storyline for the event...maybe you haven't unlocked one of the locations? Do you have Sydney? That's the 3rd gig. But, we can find out as a point of reference when the week starts.

My dolls finished the event, still have Event storyline, but I'll get that done tomorrow.

eta: just saw this question was probably answered with the same info a bit earlier. I thought that was it. Better than anything funky with your new game. Congratulations again.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Did anyone take that free drink at Lif?

Screenshot_2016-11-19-09-19-27_zpst4rxal8v.jpg

�� That was fun!
    Yes! I wonder if you got different rewards for the different drinks? I picked the middle one and got 1 energy bolt.
    Huge congratulations! Another Darkside victory! All I can think of re: the lack of storyline for the event...maybe you haven't unlocked one of the locations? Do you have Sydney? That's the 3rd gig. But, we can find out as a point of reference when the week starts.

My dolls finished the event, still have Event storyline, but I'll get that done tomorrow.

eta: just saw this question was probably answered with the same info a bit earlier. I thought that was it. Better than anything funky with your new game. Congratulations again.
    Yes, I have Sidney but not New York so that makes a lot of sense. I'm also glad it's not a glitch or something like that.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Did anyone take that free drink at Lif?

Screenshot_2016-11-19-09-19-27_zpst4rxal8v.jpg

😁 That was fun!

I did! And I was rewarded with one energy, money and exp!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I know people have asked this before, but Maria never calls me with Luxe Goals and I don't have any storylines backed up (more than the last line of gigs from the new update). Anyone knows why? I was hoping she would call me about the new house since I have the money. :)
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    I think I picked the middle drink too! Whichever one sounded the least disgusting. Finished the jobs and wish more would have been resolved but maybe it will be continued in a future event. A girl can hope.
    The countdown to Black Friday is on! Unfortunately I will be working like crazy the next couple weeks which means not a lot of game time :(
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
    When I get to my laptop, I'll pull up everything the FAQs say about luxe goals, if nothing 'seems' to be the reason then I'd submit a ticket, and ask Glu if there is anything blocking you. I'll check the FAQs now
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    When I get to my laptop, I'll pull up everything the FAQs say about luxe goals, if nothing 'seems' to be the reason then I'd submit a ticket, and ask Glu if there is anything blocking you. I'll check the FAQs now

I searched for Luxe Goals on the forum, but never thought I could check the first posts or even the FAQs (brain fart), you shouldn't have to do that for me. Since I have almost no gigs, I am going to submit a ticket and ask if they see anything blocking me from getting those calls. Thanks, Koko! :)
    Believe it or not, it helps me remember things for next time. ;). But let them look, and we'll cross our fingers for you. I'm waiting for the 12Star offer for the Maipo house. The iPad and tablet got it, now...the phone waits. Good luck. Hope you get it resolved swiftly. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LarinexLarinex Registered Users 103 Posts

I don't think it is a question of level.
    Just that Facebook is not getting the weekend event
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh wow, I'm sorry. I didn't love that one, but some of them are ok.

Please don't be! It's just me being silly lol

I think I liked the Man of Steel, not sure if it was that one they are all similar and keep telling the same stories over and over lol, but the guy is soooooo hot THAT I remember!:o
    Lii wrote: Β»
    I thought the ending of the weekend storyline was a bit weird? Like with the third gig the whole thing kind of just fell apart and had no real resolution? Or did I just miss something and wasn't paying enough attention lol

Completely agree. I was expecting the Dingos to show up.:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    Vats wrote: Β»
    Please don't be! It's just me being silly lol

I think I liked the Man of Steel, not sure if it was that one they are all similar and keep telling the same stories over and over lol, but the guy is soooooo hot THAT I remember!:o

Completely agree. I was expecting the Dingos to show up.:p

I agree. The only thing I thought about was my MIL, so it wasn't too enjoyable for me. She gets very upset if you make a joke about a dingo eating a baby. She's Australian and apparently it's very un-Australian to say that. Yeah, no, but whatever.
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    True. I so wanted to know who the mysterious person was. I even thought maybe it'd be Maria. :eek:

I guess we'll never know...?

For a moment I thought Canterbury would be the bartender of Lif, but in the end nothing happened...this was a very nonsense storyline.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Yeah, odd that the storyline ended in nothingness. But hey I finished the event :)

IMG_0380.jpg
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • inging Registered Users 54 Posts
    Facebook didn't get event
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Sappho wrote: Β»
    Yeah, odd that the storyline ended in nothingness. But hey I finished the event :)

IMG_0380.jpg

Congrats! With my new game I'm only noticing now how hard the events rally are when you're just starting out. I'm 14 points away from the shoes so I should be able to get those but wow I really count that as an accomplishment. You kind of forget how hard it was in the beginning after a while...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Yes and it's not 'bad luck' like others here keep thinking. Glu rigged the chances so that they skew out of our favor even more. Last week some pallets had NO event items in them.

I don't know how they rationalize treating their customers so poorly. You should keep the quality and rules of the game the same as when you start it, but they chose to downgrade to squeeze more money from us.

It's backfiring on them though with some players too afraid to spend on boxes at all because actually getting an item is like spotting a unicorn.

Something's def smelling extra fishy about these boxes. I got energy ⚑UGH :(
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
    Larinex wrote: Β»
    I don't think it is a question of level.
    Just that Facebook is not getting the weekend event

The case you quoted was a member getting the event, but not the event gigs. And it was because they had not yet unlocked one of the locations. She wasn't FB.

In the FAQ and Support thread about FB not getting the update, then they did get the update but were waiting for the event, I came in and posted that FB would not be getting the event due to logistics. But the one you quoted was a different situation. I'm sorry FB didn't get the event. I am sorry. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I finished the event and I tried to chase the high boots but I got the hair and the bag tho. The hair was my second favourite so I'm happy with that but I'm really disappointed and sad that I didn't get the shoes. I spent all my k stars and in the free box I got the hair, then 50 energy, I opened 3 more and I got 30 points event, another 30 points and the bag. I'm really upset because the points was useless since I finished the event before and the boots were in my palletes every time! Btw this is my look with this event's items
    KKH_Screenshot_1479688546651_zpsxvvlz784.jpg
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Doll's name Sylvia
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Sil5678 wrote: Β»
    I finished the event and I tried to chase the high boots but I got the hair and the bag tho. The hair was my second favourite so I'm happy with that but I'm really disappointed and sad that I didn't get the shoes. I spent all my k stars and in the free box I got the hair, then 50 energy, I opened 3 more and I got 30 points event, another 30 points and the bag. I'm really upset because the points was useless since I finished the event before and the boots were in my palletes every time! Btw this is my look with this event's items
    KKH_Screenshot_1479688546651_zpsxvvlz784.jpg

Aw doll, I'm so sorry you lost so much chasing. For me, I did get the boots, and that ancient-hippie, 1970s orange top. But I wanted the hairstyle so much, and also the shoulder bag too. And the boots, of course; I think almost all of us did. But no hairstyle for me:(, and no bag either. I stopped chasing anything whatsoever months ago; after one past event where I saw my big pile of stars reduced to rubble, it was just plain seriously upsetting. So now I do six boxes *only*, that's my rule. And yes, though, if there's something I really really want, I'll go nine boxes and then stop, no matter what. But your doll looks gorge in her new outfit and bag, and her hairstyle I'm still dying for. <3 She really looks lovely, Sil.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Dolls: Don't you realize by now the storylines 99.9% of the time fall off the face of the earth? It's a lazy copywriter--copywriterS, perhaps--who can't hold a thought long enough to complete their job; who doesn't/don't know ALL stories have a beginning, middle and an END. It's a lack of interest and/or talent on their part, and again, yeah. L.A.Z.Y. These are subpar employees who can't complete a job. Ever. And ought to be embarrassed at thinking they're sneaking off--or thinking they're amazingly great!--with constant failure in their wake, of a job poorly done and so half-a$$ed they ought to be hiding under their desk until things blow over and the next event begins. Where is this person's supervisor? Employees who fail again and again to complete a job. Who underperform over and over again. Who are lazy and inspiration fails all too quickly, and all too often. Are shown the door. Glu is oblivious regarding anything other than squeezing the life and money and stars from everyone. Glu--please hire a copywriter with talent enough at least to finish a story. Every single week. Unfortunate especially since the storylines seemed as of late to be handled by a more competent employee than the rude, bitter person who was handling them before. I think the mean-spirited person was shoved off into K&K, so at least the nastiness of dialog is now out of our collective face. But for here in KKH land, this is a pathetic way for a paid employee to work. I hear McDonald's is hiring.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I thought I did something wrong when there was no conclusion. I hope this storyline is continued in a future event and like isabeau said not dropped. I thought it was fun
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I thought I did something wrong when there was no conclusion. I hope this storyline is continued in a future event and like isabeau said not dropped. I thought it was fun

When Simon said we would have to "keep an eye out" for similar occurrences with animals, I thought maybe that meant this story would pop up again sometime.
    isabeau wrote: Β»
    Aw doll, I'm so sorry you lost so much chasing. For me, I did get the boots, and that ancient-hippie, 1970s orange top. But I wanted the hairstyle so much, and also the shoulder bag too. And the boots, of course; I think almost all of us did. But no hairstyle for me:(, and no bag either. I stopped chasing anything whatsoever months ago; after one past event where I saw my big pile of stars reduced to rubble, it was just plain seriously upsetting. So now I do six boxes *only*, that's my rule. And yes, though, if there's something I really really want, I'll go nine boxes and then stop, no matter what. But your doll looks gorge in her new outfit and bag, and her hairstyle I'm still dying for. <3 She really looks lovely, Sil.
    Thank you isabeau you're too kind! I'm sorry that you didn't win the hair, we can always hope to win the items that we wanted from this event in throwback boxes some day! Yesterday this thought made me less sad and disappointed!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Doll's name Sylvia