Weekend Event 11/24/2016 - 3rd Annual Black Friday Extravaganza!

Comments

• SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Lia wrote: »
    In the second gig there is also the option of charming him for 3 kstars and then he changes his mind and casts you in the lead instead of Willow. If you do that the film turns out great and he gives you 2 stars back. Maybe you missed that? You had to go back and talk to him after the initial dialogue.
    I didn't get that option at all. I did talk to him again afterwards but there was no such option. I only had the option to steal the scene from Willow and that was it. Very strange. Either way if it costs 3 kstars and he gives you only 2 back then you're still down one so I dunno if it would be worth it in the end.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    To be fair I didn't finish the third gig yet so there might be a bigger payout. At least I'm hoping.
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    I didn't get that option at all. I did talk to him again afterwards but there was no such option. I only had the option to steal the scene from Willow and that was it. Very strange. Either way if it costs 3 kstars and he gives you only 2 back then you're still down one so I dunno if it would be worth it in the end.

My story was the same, no K-stars involved at all, just pay energy to upstage Willow. The story ended abruptly and stupidly, just like all of the other storylines this pathetic copywriter does. By the same token, at least this one ended instead of dropping us off a cliff. If you can't write a good story then you're a proofreader, deal with it. As spoken by the department head of four imprints, for companies you would drool over to work for, dear Glu person. Who got bored and moved onto adv and mktg. And published author. We deserve better than you're giving us. Oh well, at least the hostile, bitter copywriter who was making Kim be mean to us and treat us like the hired help is either gone or has moved on to browner pastures. You--or someone else--can do a better job. Maybe...? Wowwww, maybe not.

EDIT: On the one hand, I'm sorry, I'm terribly ill. On the other, I have to be honest. What's the deal with the copywriter??
  • JlrxoJlrxo Registered Users 37 Posts
    Val_ wrote: »
    I can't see the images but that must suck so much, I'm sorry :(

I want to after the hair and dress, but I'm scared of spending kstars and getting cash or white items, ugh.

In other news, Maria called me to offer the Maipo Valley property for 25kstars and I didn't have the 150k to buy it, boooooooooooo

Sorry you can't see the images, hope they're visible for others, they do seem fine for me. The worse was a pallet in which I picked 3 lots of kash!

I don't usually have such bad luck, this is the worse it's been for me, but others seem to have had better luck with them, I hope if you try to chase you have some good luck too and get what you want! :)
    Opening event boxes. Heeled sandals. Fairly odd. Hairstyle. Quite odd. Dress. Fairly, quite weird. Doesn't look good. Choker. Literally choking my doll, looks like she's strangling. I like it, but, nah. Furious over paying 40 stars each for two daily gift box items. And they are as useless and ugly af. Glu, f is wrong with you already. I think also we've had enough of Chile inspired things now, ok? I liked the earnables fine, and the things in the wardrobe; a top and dress I still might buy, bought the couple pairs of earrings, I like them a lot; but the blue necklace and wrap bracelet do nothing either for me or my doll. They just don't stand out enough. They really are in fact very nice. Put 'em on the maybe list. Three rounds of shopping later I still have plenty of stars; well, today was a very mini shop; I got amazingly sick yesterday. I managed to get to my brother's Thanksgiving holding everything--I sometimes get pretty carsick, but this was so beyond, it was a nightmare, so, so bad. Roundtrip is 45 mins to an hour, but the traffic in both directions made it more than an hour and a half, all spent with my eyes closed and my head so far down between my legs I was almost kissing the floor mat. So, on the ride back my older nephew had to keep pulling over so I could throw up. Being twenty-three years old, he's got plenty of experience pulling over for drunk friends to barf. Haha. Me, I have a virus? Flu? I was so sick when we got there my younger nephew got me a glass of Pepsi immediately (it's the sugar, really, that you need), and my brother made me take two teeny sips of whiskey. Yech. But I have to say, between the two I finally started to feel better. Anyway...what I like best about the Chile update is this: Camilla Black and how happy it made her. Every post she made, her happiness and excitement never failed to make me smile.

EDIT TWO: Nope, I wasn't drinking. :p

EDIT THREE: We are having our first of our pre-Christmas parties party tomorrow night and there's just so much to do. And then there's all the Chanuka stuff too. I have battened down the hatches with both Tylenol and Motrin, and am now peering at Olaf as though he might have some answers. Have to get up from this table and help out my bf some more, plus he doesn't know where my Chanuka stuff is, so have to get those things; not everything is with the Xmas stuff. Then I need to figure out a cutoff time so I can get back into bed and moan and groan some more. Medical and scientific fact: When you're very sick and make moaning and groaning noises, because it just comes out, you're that sick. It actually aids the body in feeling a tiny bit better. So if it happens to you, and you can remember at the time, just know that it's a good way your body is trying to help you.
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Opening event boxes. Heeled sandals. Fairly odd. Hairstyle. Quite odd. Dress. Fairly, quite weird. Doesn't look good. Choker. Literally choking my doll, looks like she's strangling. I like it, but, nah. Furious over paying 40 stars each for two daily gift box items. Glu, f is wrong with you already. I think also we've had bough of Chile inspired things now, ok? I liked the earnables fine, and the things in the wardrobe; a top and dress I still might buy, bought the couple pairs of earrings, I like them a lot; but the blue necklace and wrap bracelet do nothing either for me or my doll. They just don't stand out enough. I like them, though, but think I'm gonna pass. Three rounds of shopping later I still have plenty of stars; well, today was a very mini shop; I managed to get to my brother's yesterday holding everything, but in the ride back my older nephew had to keep pulling over so I could throw up. Being twenty-three years old, he's got plenty of experience pulling over for drunk friends to barf. Haha. Me, I have a virus? Flu? I was so sick when we got there my younger nephew got me a glass of Pepsi immediately (it's the sugar, really, that you need), and my brother made me take two teeny sips of whiskey. Yech. But I have to say, between the two I finally started to feel better. Anyway...what I like best about the Chile update is this: Camilla Black and how happy it made her. Every post she made, her happiness and excitement never failed to make me smile.

Lori, I'm so sorry you're sick. I'm glad your family took good care of you. Hope you shake it off soon.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I haven't started the storyline yet. I've been hardly playeing. bought up a bunch of stuff yesterday, a litlte today. But now I have to find out what the hostile storyline is up to. I payed 7 stars for something 2 weeks ago, and it was just throwing out stars, and I pretty much vowed to not pay stars again in storyline, if it can be avoided.

My house still looks like a cydlone hit it, That's next on my list. lol>
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Megannita wrote: »
    Lori, I'm so sorry you're sick. I'm glad your family took good care of you. Hope you shake it off soon.

Megannita, thank you so much. Just reading that made me smile.

I had two windows open near midnight Wednesday night, writing a message to you and one to Koko, and did the old fall-asleep-face-planted-into-my-phone thing. Yours started out--a Tofurkey Thanksgiving. Heh, heh.
    Ok so it looks like the storyline might be ending badly for me. I'm not sure what happened. So here are the spoilers in case anyone wants to know: in the first gig I was polite and called the director mr. as requested, but then in the second gig he cast Willow back in the lead instead of me at the last minute, I spent the energy to improvise lines which the guy seemed to like, but now he tells me the movie is bad and it won't be released. :/ Though he did tell me he regrets not casting me in the lead instead so I guess that's something? I have no idea what I did to screw it up. These storylines make less and less sense to me each time. I have yet to finish the third gig though so I'll see what happens at the end of that.

At the Wrap Party Mr. Muster (or whatever his name was), said he shouldn't have taken the lead from your doll and given it to Willow because it ended up a big flop, due to her. The movie was so bad that it wasn't going to be released. And that's it. I know you already know this. They need a new copywriter; this one can't handle the job. You didn't do anything wrong in the story Sappho. It was going to end the same way no matter what.
    I did start the event gigs, I'm on the second gig now. They're alright. Story's not too bad, though it seems kind of generic so far. I got a chance to spend 7 extra energy in the second gig in a conversation to, I assume, enhance the ending, though I'm not sure yet what effect it has.

I'm still trying to think what to spend my kstars on. So far I haven't spent any as I'm still trying to figure out if I should be buying clothing or houses/clubs/pets/gyms.

You know the K-star sale is only for your wardrobe, right? Not homes, pets, the gym... Buy those K-star items, I think someone else mentioned, during a VIP event. *If* you like the earnables.:)
    Oh lord... My first two palettes... I had the worst luck I think I've ever had in this game. I reeeaaally wanted that hair though. My general rule is that if I like all of the giftbox items, then I will chase. I really liked them all, but not going after the dress after how scary some of my boxes were:

I also gave in and bought a package of stars (against my better judgement). If Glu does not get back to me soon about the stars they owe me, I don't think I will ever purchase any again, it just seems so sketchy. I couldn't pass up this sale though, and I still think Glu will be honest and credit the outstanding ones to my account.

IMG_1088.png

IMG_1089.png

IMG_1090.png

IMG_1091.jpg

This dress looks way nicer/better than the gb one!
    I hope we can get that background at the end of this weekend event storyline! Is somebody else doing them?

No doll, it doesn't exist. :(
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    At the Wrap Party Mr. Muster (or whatever his name was), said he shouldn't have taken the lead from your doll and given it to Willow because it ended up a big flop, due to her. The movie was so bad that it wasn't going to be released. And that's it. I know you already know this. They need a new copywriter; this one can't handle the job. You didn't do anything wrong in the story Sappho. It was going to end the same way no matter what.
    Yeah I figured that. Thanks.

What's up with the subpar event storylines lately? I mean they start off promising and then they just sort of... don't go anywhere. The dingo one was shaping up to be pretty funny with all the wacky animal incidents, and then it just ended abrutly. No closure. At all. And with this one, too. It just all goes wrong for some reason and then there's no ending. No rewards. Nothing. Just... nothing. They're at this point barely worth putting time and effort in, really, if they're all just going to peter out like that. It's so disappointing. I've come to expect better from Glu.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    Yeah I figured that. Thanks.

What's up with the subpar event storylines lately? I mean they start off promising and then they just sort of... don't go anywhere. The dingo one was shaping up to be pretty funny with all the wacky animal incidents, and then it just ended abrutly. No closure. At all. And with this one, too. It just all goes wrong for some reason and then there's no ending. No rewards. Nothing. Just... nothing. They're at this point barely worth putting time and effort in, really, if they're all just going to peter out like that. It's so disappointing. I've come to expect better from Glu.

That's a good option, Sappho. We can just stop doing them. They're pointless, dissatisfying, and disappear into nowhere. I also was liking the dingo one. It appears to be outright laziness or the lack of talent comes into play and they just can't follow through and complete the job. I agree. Not much worth the effort anymore. Now what?:(
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Anyway...what I like best about the Chile update is this: Camilla Black and how happy it made her. Every post she made, her happiness and excitement never failed to make me smile.
    Awww this is the sweetest thing! Thank you so much! I though I was being a little annoying :D and I believe there's still a male chilean inspired costume to come but after that hopefully its over! Glu, chill with the chile things ok? lol :)
    So sorry you're sick, this has not been the greatest day for me either, my head is pounding for no apparent reason, maybe all the virtual shopping for my doll and the excitement was just too much. I've been resting all day but I just had to reply to this <3 I hope you get well soon, and thank you again, you made me smile!
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Megannita, thank you so much. Just reading that made me smile.

I had two windows open near midnight Wednesday night, writing a message to you and one to Koko, and did the old fall-asleep-face-planted-into-my-phone thing. Yours started out--a Tofurkey Thanksgiving. Heh, heh.

That's so cute. I ate sooo much this Thanksgiving. Step workouts are definitely in my future. ;)
    You remind me of the babe...

I have to correct you there. My story ended with him saying the movie turned out great and he's happy he changed his mind and had me in the lead and that there will be a sequel!

What I did maybe different was I didn't pay the energy when talking to Willow, I couldn't see any reason to so I chose the other option. After my talk with her, mr. Muster's dialogue button was again yellow and I can't remember what he said but there was a 3 kstar option to charm him which I took thinking what's 3 more stars after how much I spent. That was obviously the right thing to do because the film was a big success.
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Has anyone ever gotten a limited time offer pop up that's $15 for full energy, 155 kstars, 300 gold points (what are those called?) and an "exclusive" black long sleeve dress with a gold belt thing? I've spent nearly 700 kstars during the sale and it popped up when i started running low, i've never seen anything like it.
    I'm wondering if it's worth it? I never buy kstars and rarely buy kstar items because i've been saving up for the black friday sale.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    My story ended with the guy saying that he will engage me for the sequel thanks to my improvised lines. He even gave me 1 k stars! The only things that I did was not call him Mr. In the first gig, improvise lines on the second and I don't talk to him the second time on the second gig either. Maybe this will help someone!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gotten a limited time offer pop up that's $15 for full energy, 155 kstars, 300 gold points (what are those called?) and an "exclusive" black long sleeve dress with a gold belt thing? I've spent nearly 700 kstars during the sale and it popped up when i started running low, i've never seen anything like it.
    I'm wondering if it's worth it? I never buy kstars and rarely buy kstar items because i've been saving up for the black friday sale.

I got that around the early months of playing, I asked the same question at that time too :p

I bought it, I love to have limited edition clothing, feels so VIP :rolleyes:
    PM to add
    I have to correct you there. My story ended with him saying the movie turned out great and he's happy he changed his mind and had me in the lead and that there will be a sequel!

What I did maybe different was I didn't pay the energy when talking to Willow, I couldn't see any reason to so I chose the other option. After my talk with her, mr. Muster's dialogue button was again yellow and I can't remember what he said but there was a 3 kstar option to charm him which I took thinking what's 3 more stars after how much I spent. That was obviously the right thing to do because the film was a big success.

No, there's no "correction." Random people had the storyline go in different directions. Perhaps you read this in the different posts appearing here. Glu has been doing this for the past few months. Because always testing us, testing, testing. As I said, K-stars were no part of my story. Thanks anyway.
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    The STRUGGLE you guys... THE STRUGGLE!

But I made it. Whew.

35mirux.jpg

2gt5hzl.jpg

2ij5i6q.jpg

2vdi8p2.jpg

HAIR!!!!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

So I just finished the second storyline and this is what happened for me: Willow was chosen for the lead for "reasons" according to Mr. Muster. After talking to him both he and Willow had yellow dialog bubbles. I chose Mr. first and got the option to charm with 3 k-stars. I wasn't sure yet so I tapped out and then went to Willow. She gave me the option of improvising for 8 energy which I did. Once I tapped out of that, I went back to Mr. and the option to charm was gone. So I'm thinking for the movie to end on a positive note you needed to charm, however if you improvise with Willow first the option goes away? Tricky...
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    So I just finished the second storyline and this is what happened for me: Willow was chosen for the lead for "reasons" according to Mr. Muster. After talking to him both he and Willow had yellow dialog bubbles. I chose Mr. first and got the option to charm with 3 k-stars. I wasn't sure yet so I tapped out and then went to Willow. She gave me the option of improvising for 8 energy which I did. Once I tapped out of that, I went back to Mr. and the option to charm was gone. So I'm thinking for the movie to end on a positive note you needed to charm, however if you improvise with Willow first the option goes away? Tricky...

*spoilers below*

I did exactly what you did. Muster then says the film was good and would have bombed had I not improvised. He then gave me a star in the next gig, which is a wrap party. I think you probably could get more stars if you charm.
    You get 2 stars for charming.
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    You get 2 stars for charming.

So you pay 3 stars and only get rewarded 2?
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I won't make it to the hat ...

VGHkDpa.jpg
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    zitrone wrote: »
    *spoilers below*

I did exactly what you did. Muster then says the film was good and would have bombed had I not improvised. He then gave me a star in the next gig, which is a wrap party. I think you probably could get more stars if you charm.

Ughhh. I spoke to Muster first. There was no option to hand over any stars. It was *he* who wanted the energy from me. So I "paid" it. Next, I spoke to Willow, who was annoyed that I was improvising. In the third and last gig Muster told me how good *I* was and that he'd made a mistake recasting Willow as lead. His people didn't like the movie with her the lead instead of me, panned it, and said it wouldn't be released. This is all so screwy how everyone's story is/was so different. Maybe it's because we all help each other in the forum, giving tips on how to go through the gigs, and Glu wanted to stop us helping each other...?
    zitrone wrote: »
    *spoilers below*

The wrap party was where I was told the bad news and that I should have stayed as lead, his mistake for changing that. I'm really clueless here as to what's up, other than Glu likely messing around.:(
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    For some reason, today, when I watched the free videos for k-stars, it didn't actually give me the k-stars. It let me watch the videos, but no k-stars. So weird. Only had this happen today. Anyone else have this problem? :(