Ads aren't rewarding Kstars/no Videos to watch

Comments

• isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    I already stated in my post the info that's always requested in problem cases. But I would also like to add that I lost Rapid Recharge this past Thursday, as well.

Thanks again. Though I doubt I should be thanking anyone, it's just the polite thing to do. (This is not a comment directed toward you, Koko.)
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    No problem. Glad I'm not the only one who lost the recharge, maybe because we're able to earn stars? I'm hoping it comes back when the event ends. But I brought up the question of the Stars and videos, and maybe we'll get some info. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    Oh I lost Rapid recharge too... but I thought the Rapid Recharge is ending LOL so I thought it is not a problem :eek:
  • Anna_mmAnna_mm Registered Users 7 Posts
    I bought my first star pack this week, and haven't been able to watch any daily videos since. I automatically get diverted to the other offers screen. I found a video in the other offers, but received an energy instead of a star for watching it. I wonder if this is related to the recent update or because I bought the star pack, but either way - it's really frustrating. I hope this is not related to me purchasing a star pack, because that would be ridiculous for Glu to punish its paying customers. I also do not have rapid recharge anymore.
  • NBryanNBryan Registered Users 1 Posts
    I've watched several videos for KStars. I haven't received ANY of them. I really hope this issue gets resolved before the Black Friday weekend event is over. I won't be too happy if I'm not able to buy anything at the half off price!!

I'm using an android.
    Today, I watched 4 and didn't get the stars. So, Glu has been notified about the rapid recharge and that the stars for videos is still glitched, but I forgot it's the weekend (Thanksgiving messed with my internal calendar lol) I'm sure when the week starts we'll hear something. ;)

I'm Android 6.0,1
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I got stars and energy when I opened my game this morning. I assume these were from the videos I played this weekend. I played some videos this morning, so I guess I'll get those stars on Tuesday or Wednesday? I'm not sure what to think anymore. It's something different every day!
    I got 16 stars 3 times this morning.. then 2 stars. Yesterday I watched 6 videos, Did anyone else receive the same payout 3 times this morning?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Zitrone, I just read up, and saw you said you were going to buy stars, but don't want to spend money since they took away the watch videos for stars. It's your business, but this sale isn't going to be around till probably Mothers day or Fathers day, but they don't come around often, and it's not always Double Stars. So while your aim is rightous, if you buy stars later one when this is fixed, you will have lost out twice. Once on missed stars (though this morning I got 3 times what I was owed), and then on the bonus stars if you do buy stars later on.

Remember a few pages back, I said I didn't get stars, then got stars like 8 hours later or something? This morning I thought it was the same till they tumbled down 3 times. I don't understand the 2 stars the 4th time....but it did make for an even 50 so, thank you glu. Now I'm watching videos to see if it's normal or not.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I just watched like 10 videos from the offer wall and I've gotten nothing from them. Neither Stars nor energy bolts. I watched two videos earlier today and got nothing from those yet. I'll wait until tomorrow and we'll see if they're just late.. this is getting crazy. No free videos and (so far) no rewards from the offer wall.
    I am on iOS 10.1.1.
  • MichelleBeumerMichelleBeumer Registered Users 1 Posts
    I am not receiving stars after watching videos or completing other tasks. I did receive energy for watching a movie for stars.. Why ak I not receiving the stars?
  • ladyluv_84ladyluv_84 Registered Users 7 Posts
    I just watched about 15 videos from the offer wall as well and didn't receive any of my stars either.
    I'm on iOS 10.1.1.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    You're earning stars???

For those of us who aren't, and still, I thought Glu didn't want anyone amassing even a small quantity of video-earned stars in advance of the Black Friday sale, giving instead a single energy bolt up to more than 24 hours later in some bizarre, freakish attempt to compensate people watching literally wayyyy too many videos for nothing. Whatever the reason, the failure to clue in so many people who've asked makes me think it's very intentional. Doesn't promote good feelings.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    If you're experiencing issues with the offers and not receiving rewards, please contact support (|||>help>glu support) from the game.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • stephk11stephk11 Registered Users 139 Posts
    Hi, Kalinda: I wrote to Glu support yesterday about the ad-watching no longer giving stars, but giving an energy bolt instead. They replied today that this had been fixed over the weekend. However, the reply referenced "offers", not ads, so it's possible that they misread my comment. (And I'm still only getting an energy bolt from the ad.)

Do you know if they've just decided to give energy, rather than stars, for the ads? If so, Glu needs to change the "Get Free Stars" button, because it's very misleading.
  • mindybunnymindybunny Registered Users 159 Posts
    If you're experiencing issues with the offers and not receiving rewards, please contact support (|||>help>glu support) from the game.

Hi! I've contacted in game support about this. They credited me 15 stars and said the problem was fixed, but I am still only getting energy bolts for watching videos...
    GC: redsoxxygal
    I would reopen that ticket if possible, or if need be open a new ticket, submit the old ticket number, thank them for the 15 stars, but tell them it doesn't appear to be fixed. The his will effectively put the ball back in their court. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts

I did this but GLU support team just said that I should reach out to Fyber about this problem but I ain't getting response from them. I reached out to Fyber last November 8 (almost 1 month ago already) but still no response from them. NO RESPONSE FROM FYBER. Is it really necessary to wait a response from them for a month or so? I've never encountered such customer service.
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
    Koko- I read back a few pages and saw that you were experiencing the issue with watching the videos and getting energy instead of stars, too. Is this fixed for you? If so, did it fix on its own, or did Glu do something to your game?

You said above to reopen a ticket. I replied to them in the in-game help, letting them know that my issue wasn't fixed. Is that "reopening the ticket?" I can't see where I got a ticket number from them.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I just got a reply from support and it was just the standard spiel about how it's up to the advertisers and technical limitations. :/

It doesn't make sense that I'm still able to watch ads for energy and daily boxes, but not k-stars.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    It was OK last week and now I'm barely getting anything. I think I watched 10 videos and got 1 star? I did contact support and they said to contact Fyber. We all know how that goes. Why isn't Glu addressing this?
    Hi. I was thinking about this this morning after reading, and... here's what I would do.
    glu told you to contact fyber so contact fyber, tell them glu said it was their deal and instructed you to contact Fyber.

Either Fyber will look into and fix, or at least explain a little something to you. If it wasn't fixed, the next step would be contact glu again with Fyber's response. And ask them what the next step is in recovering the stars you earned.

It may seem tedius to go back and forth, but you have to do what customer care tells you to do, before you can come back and say it didn't work, now what. Does that make sense? I'm sorry your're going through this. Good luck, and please come back and tell the forum how you make out. I know you're not the only one interested in this.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    zitrone wrote: Β»
    It was OK last week and now I'm barely getting anything. I think I watched 10 videos and got 1 star? I did contact support and they said to contact Fyber. We all know how that goes. Why isn't Glu addressing this?

I did this as well. I contacted Glu then Glu redirects me to contact Fyber and so I did. I watched 12 videos and downloaded some apps with proof of evidence (screenshots) but never rewarded k-stars. Fyber responded after one month (Thank God!) but the Fyber rep just said that there's no problem to be addressed on my Fyber's support page in-game (downloaded apps without k-star rewards are shown on Fyber's support page in-game) Oh my goodness I already have the proof but they just said that there's nothing. Is this some sort of joke? What the hell is going on?
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
    Using the same ticket if possible, I'd tell glu I followed their advice, and send a copy of the response from Fyber. This is waht I meant in my earlier post, if glu says go to Fyber with it, then you do, and fyber says all is well, you go back and tell glu "i did what you said, and here is Fyber's non-answer. Then restate plainly that you've been watching videos, so they are there but you are receiving 1 Energy instead of 10 Stars. Kind of kicking the ball back to glu. or 'tried this, didn't work, now what' sort of thing. But the key is to tell them you vollowed their instructions, and were unsuccessful.

I know glu knows of our concerns about the stars for videos not working well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Angeline, don't feel that way. Let's try and address it instead. My Androids dropped off to one video then it shoots over to Other Offers, but my iOS is still getting 4,5 or 6 before that happens. I'm hoping that if one or a few of us, follow the path of
    • Ask Glu through CC ticket
    • Follow their instructions to contact Fyber
    • Contact glu with Fybers response and ask ..what's next

Maybe we can get it answered or looked at. Would you give that a shot? If a number of us do, and readily show that Fyber isn't responding it might help. That's my suggestion. glu has been told about the whole dwindling video stars, so they could be looking into it for all we know. But being proactive is always a good thing. That's my honest opinion.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    It's back!!! I deleted the game then reinstalled it. That fixed the problem. :)
    Definitely noticed the amount of videos offered for KStars dropped after making Kstars purchases. :(
    🍎 iOS dollsπŸ“± Β 
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Oh wow, you are so brave for deleting and re-installing, Angeline & Jon, I'm really too afraid to do that...
    So I still receive 1 energy instead of 1 K-star after watching a video for a free K-star... So frustrating. I did write to Glu but got one of those non-answering answer.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Ha, I know Game Center does a good job saving my game. At times I made a mistake in the game and I wish GC didnt save the progress right away so I could go back to correct my mistake. No, never happened.

When this thread started, it didn't affect my game. I noticed the decreasing of videos available to watch after the update rolled out, but they still reward me Kstars. Last week, all of a sudden, "Get Free STars, Cash, Energy" buttons were all not working. It was like the buttons were stuck. Meanwhile the ads are still popping up during game play. So I took the risk reinstalled the game.

As far as seeing ads after Kstar pack purchasing, I got an in-game ticket response like this:
    "There are particular packs which when purchased will not give you ads and other offer related pop ups. You must have purchased that pack."

Well, as long as I have videos to watch to earn Kstars, I shouldn't be complaining about ads. But, It's scary to see someone's post that the "Get Free Stars" button disappeared after making KStar purchase. I guess I will wait on buying KStar packs until these problems are resolved. I hope the Kstars I got during Black Friday sale will last. :p
    🍎 iOS dollsπŸ“± Β 
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    I have to say it's not every game. I wish we knew what made some like that and others not, I can't help but think someone's not seeing the issue right. Simply from how glu is much easier to work with than Fyber, I'd have to say it's them. But is there anything concrete? If we could identify the problem....um someone said if you go into the settings of your device to not allow purchases, someone said it solved their problem without reinstalling. But I can't speak from experience on this one. All 3 games still get the limited opportunity to watch videos for stars, but I equate that dry up with how everytime I turn around it's watch a video for this, watch a video for that. But the energy from rapid recharge does come in handy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Angeline & Jon, YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! I decided to take a chance, and I deleted my game and reinstalled it, and I was able to get four stars after watching four videos! I used to be able to watch 6 videos, but considering I've had this glitch for a couple of months, I'll take what I can get.

To everyone else still having problems, Glu was useless for me. They never told me to contact Fyber, but they did tell me that the had fixed the problem (they didn't), and they most recently told me that they were working on it (not holding my breath). They never told me to contact Fyber, but that's such a nonsense reply anyway, since awarding energy for videos is a Glu problem, not a Fyber problem.

I know everyone won't be so keen on deleting their game and reinstalling, but if you do it, MAKE SURE you are backed up to iCloud. (Oh, guess I should also clarify that I did this with an iOS device.) There's a whole thread here about backing up for both iOS and android. After I backed up my game to iCloud on my iPad, I took the extra precaution of installling it on my iPhone, just to see if the backup worked. When I was able to successfully get my game open from the iCloud on my iPhone, I then deleted the game from my iPad, reinstalled it from the iCloud on my iPad, and then deleted it from my iPhone so that I was back where I started - with the game on just my iPad. That's when I watched the videos and got my stars.