General Complaints Thread

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    To be fair these TB midweek events have had the same setup for awhile now.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    It's really sad when I can't get the watch videos for Kstars offers because I bought a star pack. Why am I being punished for buying Kstars? I'm totally broke and it's not even thanksgiving yet.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    I don't want to sound insensitive, I get that you're ****ed that you're not getting free k-star videos anymore....but some of us never have them. Like, ever. Last time I had a video for kstars was in May 2015. I have to pay for or earn all my kstars.
    Apparently it has to do with availability, so maybe there aren't any available to you at this time?

Same with the daily box videos. I can usually watch a video to open a second one, and when a video is unavailable I get it for free. Once the video was unavailable and asked me to pay for a second box (didn't, obvs).

I think Glu needs to strike a balance between revenue and not alienating people with some of its aggressive spending incentives.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    It's really sad when I can't get the watch videos for Kstars offers because I bought a star pack. Why am I being punished for buying Kstars? I'm totally broke and it's not even thanksgiving yet.

Not sure whether you've tried this, but I know some people had a problem with not getting video offers after buying a star pack and turning off in app purchases in their devices settings helped with that. Maybe it's worth a shot? If you haven't heard of this Search around on the forum and maybe you'll find the explanation, I haven't done it myself but I remember other people having luck with that.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Look. I have watched the random videos in the Star Shop. I have watched several when they appear on the H e l l hole that is the offer wall. And I am getting ZERO for them. Not even a c r a p p y energy bolt. Which I don't much want anyway. Can someone at Glu kindly tell us what's going on? If you're no longer honoring the statements next to videos for K-stars and ones for kash, by watching videos, it would be greatly appreciated if you let us know. And perhaps delete or change the promise you have posted there. As it stands, a lot of people are watching and why should we watch ads where you state, in writing, a particular "prize" will be given and then withhold it? If it's because I buy a st of stars every month, I can stop spending hundreds of dollars on this game. No wait. That's wrong. It's hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of dollars. If you can possibly stop ignoring our questions and complaints about this problem then that would be nice. I feel that by spending absurd amounts of money on your game that I have some kind or other of an investment/interest there. So while you're happily taking in scads of my money, given willingly, yes, because it's what I want to do, the kindness of some sort of explanation is in order, I believe. Glu ignoring this doesn't make it go away and inspires unhappy feelings toward you. And if you're doing this especially to keep people from earning stars leading up to, and during, the Black Friday sale, then at least make up some good b.s. story so we can stop wondering. Many thanks.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    This is a minor inconvenience but one that just keeps bugging me. For some of the reality run ins, the reactions are totally off. The other person reacts happy when you give a mean answer, or a mad reaction when you pick a super nice answer.
    At first I thought maybe I had interpreted wrong but it's a bunch of them and since they keep repeating I've had enough time to think about it again and again and in some instances the reactions are clearly wrong.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    This is a minor inconvenience but one that just keeps bugging me. For some of the reality run ins, the reactions are totally off. The other person reacts happy when you give a mean answer, or a mad reaction when you pick a super nice answer.
    At first I thought maybe I had interpreted wrong but it's a bunch of them and since they keep repeating I've had enough time to think about it again and again and in some instances the reactions are clearly wrong.

I have noticed this too! Also, their reactions seem to have no bearing on the rewards we get for each answer. I guess the whole interaction is random. One thing I thought for awhile was that when you are mean, some of the people are happy that they got you to act out, so they react happily. Then I decided I was overthinking it lol
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    This is the lamest midweek event ever. It's pointless and I don't understand why Glu thought it was fitting to have TBS right after the Black Friday without any earnable boxes. This weekend event is better to be g o o d.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

This is the lamest midweek event ever. It's pointless and I don't understand why Glu thought it was fitting to have TBS right after the Black Friday without any earnable boxes. This weekend event is better to be g o o d.

That was my reaction as well. We spent the whole weekend shopping and now they want us to shop more? Plus it's blind boxes... such a shame. An SYS would have been perfect for people to show off their VIP shopping...
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I'm still so upset for the last weekend event. On sunday I watched at least 5 videos and completed a lot of "others offers" but I didn't get any k stars back! They gave me the k stars for the videos a day after, yesterday monday, but I really needed that k stars after I watched the videos, that was sunday because I was a few points away from the 300 points dress and I didn't have money to buy any k stars pack. This isn't the first time so I'm really mad about this.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi Sil5678 - if you go to the Support thread about the videos not paying out, glu said to submit a ticket to customer care, and address it that way.

Pardon the interruption - just wanted to put it out there, yesterday glu told anyone having trouble getting Stars for videos and other offers, to submit a ticket and Customer Care will help you. :)

My thumb in the eye, is this blind TB Box sale with nothing to do. I so agree a SYS would have been perfect. Especially since we all got new things in the Black Friday Sale. But, I have more decorating to do, maybe a little baking...I'll spend the time wisely. ;)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I have noticed this too! Also, their reactions seem to have no bearing on the rewards we get for each answer. I guess the whole interaction is random. One thing I thought for awhile was that when you are mean, some of the people are happy that they got you to act out, so they react happily. Then I decided I was overthinking it lol

It's random. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong but even if you answer the same thing over and over you get a different reward each time. I always thought there was a right/wrong/in-between answer that would dictate your prize but it's not the case. Now I don't even look at what I'm answering half the time since it doesn't matter...

I don't plan on buying any TB boxes during this sale. I'm missing so many accessories and I don't particularly want them, let alone pay for box just to be an ugly purse. On the plus side I'm kind of glad we have a break from a midweek. I'm catching up on the new storylines.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Thank you Koko for the advice but yesterday I received the k stars for sunday's videos. My complaint is about the timing, if I watch a video for the k stars is because I need them as soon as I watch it and not the day after. I hope the meaning is understandable, english is not my native language.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
    Sil5678 wrote: »
    Thank you Koko for the advice but yesterday I received the k stars for sunday's videos. My complaint is about the timing, if I watch a video for the k stars is because I need them as soon as I watch it and not the day after. I hope the meaning is understandable, english is not my native language.

From my understanding it's a third party and they have to validate that you actually performed the action required. Sometimes this is instant and sometimes it's not. I'm not downplaying your frustrations at all because I totally understand, but I think that's probably what happened.

I agree the videos should be instant k-stars.
    Any particular reason the suggestion thread was moved away from the main forums?

I swear the moment people start having an actual point of view or discussion, threads get closed, moved, posts get deleted. How dare anyone say anything that isn't unicorns and flowers and baking
    I was wondering where the suggestion forum went. I thought the thread for comments about suggestions was a great idea because I always see suggestions and want to add my input or talk about it. Sometimes you have an idea and it's incomplete or someone tries to speak for all users and you find out that maybe the majority doesn't really want that thing.
    Val_ wrote: »
    Any particular reason the suggestion thread was moved away from the main forums?

I swear the moment people start having an actual point of view or discussion, threads get closed, moved, posts get deleted. How dare anyone say anything that isn't unicorns and flowers and baking

The suggestion thread was moved to the stickies up top some time ago, I think so people could find it easier. - Oh I just see that it isn't there. Maybe she is doing some admin on it? I know she had moved some posts out so we COULD discuss them further. Maybe it is something to do with that.

One more thing - sometimes I wish there was a way to give a "thumbs up" to a post to show I agree or that it is a great idea. I know the suggestion thread is a safe space to suggest whatever, and limiting it to just that prevents people from attacking ideas they don't like, but it would be nice to have a way to show support for ideas we do like.
    It used to be in this forum though. Now it's in the FAQ/support section. I guess because people kept trying to chat in it?
    It used to be in this forum though. Now it's in the FAQ/support section. I guess because people kept trying to chat in it?

Oh it got totally moved over there?? Hmmmm. I guess it makes sense there too but it was nice to have it here.
    What got moved? The suggestion thread oh krap. I know what happened. Let me poke around. SomOne posted a suggestion and said they didn't know where it went so I moved it to suggestions and a slip of the finger moved it into FAQ. Now it looks like someone else moved back to general discussion so I'll see if it's still messed up I fix it :-)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Is it good for everyone now? early morning hiccup. Mea culpa. and thank you invisible hand of Glu for fixing it while I was making oatmeal and tapping away.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I moved it back here to the General Discussion!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Oh thank you so much. Phew
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    The suggestion thread was moved to the stickies up top some time ago, I think so people could find it easier. - Oh I just see that it isn't there. Maybe she is doing some admin on it? I know she had moved some posts out so we COULD discuss them further. Maybe it is something to do with that.

One more thing - sometimes I wish there was a way to give a "thumbs up" to a post to show I agree or that it is a great idea. I know the suggestion thread is a safe space to suggest whatever, and limiting it to just that prevents people from attacking ideas they don't like, but it would be nice to have a way to show support for ideas we do like.

Jules, hi!

I'm sorry, but I feel so strongly about this I just can't let it pass. I would absolutely hate to see this become another Facebook, tumblr, Twitter, etc., etc., with Like this, Like that, no. I am greatly opposed to such an idea as this. I know very definitely what you're saying. And I love you dearly. But I think Koko's creation of Comments to Suggestions was the perfect idea. You want to simply say, "Oh, I liked blahblahah's suggestion," "Hey, I liked so and so's this and that," ok, that's good. But starting with the Likes, thumbs up, whatever, whatever, that's just killing a massive enterprise that's a whole different entity from people mindlessly tapping Like. Oh! I LIKE this. Oh, I LIKE that! This is a *forum*. And such as you mentioned is not along the lines of a forum and also defeats its very purpose. There's supposed to be discussion, not "Likes." You're calling for a whole new ball game. I can find that commonality all over the Internet. The Suggestions thread is part of the forum, obvs, and probably can't be changed to stand on its own. And why should/would it be? I see where you're coming from. But I don't want to be there. Sorry, Jules; it's my own opinion. And I've just got a real opposition to that, which has become verrrrryyyyyy apparent!
    isabeau wrote: »
    Jules, hi!

I'm sorry, but I feel so strongly about this I just can't let it pass. I would absolutely hate to see this become another Facebook, tumblr, Twitter, etc., etc., with Like this, Like that, no. I am greatly opposed to such an idea as this. I know very definitely what you're saying. And I love you dearly. But I think Koko's creation of Comments to Suggestions was the perfect idea. You want to simply say, "Oh, I liked blahblahah's suggestion," "Hey, I liked so and so's this and that," ok, that's good. But starting with the Likes, thumbs up, whatever, whatever, that's just killing a massive enterprise that's a whole different entity from people mindlessly tapping Like. Oh! I LIKE this. Oh, I LIKE that! This is a *forum*. And such as you mentioned is not along the lines of a forum and also defeats its very purpose. There's supposed to be discussion, not "Likes." You're calling for a whole new ball game. I can find that commonality all over the Internet. The Suggestions thread is part of the forum, obvs, and probably can't be changed to stand on its own. And why should/would it be? I see where you're coming from. But I don't want to be there. Sorry, Jules; it's my own opinion. And I've just got a real opposition to that, which has become verrrrryyyyyy apparent!

Yeah, it was just a wistful thought, not an actual suggestion, based on times when I have wanted to show support and am not able to because of the "no discussion" rule on the suggestion thread. I don't have an issue with that rule, just sometimes want to say "oh hey, that's a cool idea!" lol
    But the comments thread for the suggestion forum was closed :( I know there are many times I see a suggestion and I want to discuss but then we're told that's not what that forum is for. So where do we talk about it? Make our own threads? But then they get merged with other threads. It would be nice to actually be able to discuss these suggestions. Many times the same things are suggested over and over just with a different spin each time. Same with the complaints. And if we're not allowed to "chat" with anyone in certain threads so why can't there be a like/up vote/down vote button on those threads? I don't see it as social media takeover - just another way to express your opinion in areas where it's not encouraged. OR we actually can have a thread to comment on suggestions that doesn't get closed when there's even a hint of debate. Just as long as there's no name calling I don't see the problem.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I am and have been a member of plenty of forums that employ the "like" buttons on posts. It's never stopped or impaired discussion anywhere, and I honestly don't see how it would. If people have something more to say then they'll say it. If not and they just want to express a simple "hey I like this idea/I agree with/support this person" then that's what the "like" button is for. There have been plenty of times on this forum I've wanted to show support or appreciation but I didn't have enough to add to warrant a whole new post, that's where I would have loved to be able to use a "like" button.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    Re: the comments from suggestions, I did close it it looked like the conversation about that moved post was done. lol. I figured next time I moved a post, I'd open it, but if you guys like it. Open it shall be. give me a minute. :) And again, sorry about the suggestions move. It was a slip of the finger, while moving something else. Now I'll go open that thread again.

I am sad, I lost my hubby, he's there but uncallable. We'll see what happens.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I think the comments on suggestions thread was a great idea. It did get diverted from the original but I think a place where we can maybe quote suggestions and discuss them would be great? Like the other day someone posted about a delete/trash can for the wardrobe and I was thinking, there's definitely some items I wouldn't mind getting rid of but how about a hide button instead? Just stuff like that. I swear it's completely innocent haha!
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    In my personal experience, this forum is all about censorship. Of course, I don't think name-calling is ever ok, but expressing one's opinion and thoughts should be. However, the knee-**** response to anything even remotely controversial or debate-inviting has always been Delete, Delete, Delete.
    You remind me of the babe...