Comments from Suggestion Thread

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
I saw some comments that don't belong on the suggestion thread, but since I don't like silencing thoughts unless necessary, I'm moving them here. Questions don't go, nor do comments on people's posts. So voila, they're moved here. If something turns into a big discussion, maybe we'll give it it's own thread.
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev1

Comments

• MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Happy15 wrote: »
    Can you give us fur coats like winter is almost here. It would make sense for our dolls to have fur coats.

For people who are opposed to animal cruelty, no, this wouldn't make sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be opposed to this.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • morgaine816morgaine816 Registered Users 101 Posts
    Have any of these suggestion been put into the game?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    My opinion about the fur, there are already some furs in the wardrobe, and the game is based on Kim's lifestyle. Plus, we're talking about pixels. Who is to say those aren't faux furs in our game? One of my fave dresses is the dress with the open white fur coat. Please don't take away fur options for those of us who enjoy them in the game. Should we stop adding the illusion of leather purses and shoes too? I feel your pain about the issue, but this is a game. BTW, lets take the guns out of the other games. It's the same theory. But, if you'd like to start a petition to limit and/or remove fur from the game, that's an option. Plus, if you'd like to make the suggestion that no more fur be added, I wouldn't have touched it. but, another poster's suggestion was quoted and disagreed with. In the Suggestion Thread, basically all suggestion (within reason) are valid. So, if you want to post again without the quote and simply voicing your own opinion, that's fine. Up to you. :) Thanks for understanding.

And, yes, Morgaine. Suggestions are taken straight out of the suggestion thread. Big things, little things....once I commented 'Please give us a gold bracelet for the 'other' wrist and boom gold bracelet. Then of of course the biggest thing to come out of the suggestion thread......Babies! We said we wanted babies and we got them. So from the small to the big, glu plucks suggestions out of the suggestion thread, and introduces them into the game. Oh, we said we wanted to take our pets out with us. We got that. Any suggestion in particular you're wondering about?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Val_Val_ Registered Users 358 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    For people who are opposed to animal cruelty, no, this wouldn't make sense. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be opposed to this.

See, for me it isn't so much the fur, but the baby lion in the Dubai home. As we know, big cats/exotic animals shouldn't be kept as pets, and this is a pretty serious issue in the UAE and in general with people that have more money than sense and end up mistreating them.
    It bugs me every time I tap that baby lion. This shouldn't be normalised :(
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Have any of these suggestion been put into the game?

Way many more than I can even begin to count, and that's the God's honest truth. For myself, I've asked for things such as purple shoes to match all of our first batch of Balmain outfits--boom, we got 'em! And they are perfectly gorgeous--I immediately loved them! Jewelry. I asked for tons of jewelry, plus certain different types--did we get more jewelry? Bam! Sooo much jewelry! (I think I died 500 times over it all!) I've asked for certain types of evening bags, such as to match Balmain metal treatments, for example--bang! Evening bags! I wish there were some way to thank the designers for creating such magnificent little things, they are really incredible mini treasures, and I use *everything*, and I use them constantly; the designers are so above par here. Glu and particularly these designers deserve notice and gratitude for being so great about it. Someone (I don't like to put other people's names), asked to have the pilot back on the tarmac--yes! He came back! There's big things such as Koko mentioned, and then even the little things that really, really do mean so much. Some people asked for flats, look how many flats now! Forum members asked and asked for a destination in South America--Welcome, Republic of Chile! Glu does listen. You might not think it, but they are here and they do take these things seriously. They try to give us so much that we ask for. And maybe because some of it seems small to others, and there's things people don't even notice, or many players are unaware someone--or many someones--asked for, they do want players to be happy. And when even the little things, when even the smallest details matter to them, I think that's pretty dang nice to say the least. So yes. Many. Many, many suggestions have been put into the game; from the large to the tiny, Glu has put them there.

EDIT: Need to add--there were also requests for Iceland and Cuba. What do you think happened *there*? ;)
    YES YES YES. Captain Rick. Sigh, I thought the Pilot should stand on the tarmac to greet us, and let us know we were in good hands with Captain Rick Piloting the plane. And Boom is right. There he was guiding us into that big blue abyss. Sigh. Yeah, they give us things from the Suggestion thread.

In fact, I was told that somethong we've requested for a long time is coming. Nothing more than that. ANd by the way, those purple shoes are wonderful. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Val_ wrote: »
    See, for me it isn't so much the fur, but the baby lion in the Dubai home. As we know, big cats/exotic animals shouldn't be kept as pets, and this is a pretty serious issue in the UAE and in general with people that have more money than sense and end up mistreating them.
    It bugs me every time I tap that baby lion. This shouldn't be normalised :(

I understand what you're saying, but I need to add, because I believe that fair is fair and both sides should always be heard, regardless it may not be what I personally would think, that in keeping with the traditions and customs of a particular country, and being true to a culture and their practices, always in tune with the most minute of details, this is how it goes. Has anyone noticed in the field in Chile the horse is more a nag than a stallion? Because that's not a place where a stallion would be found, but the horse illustrated in fact would be. I will not say it isn't a beautiful horse, though maybe I'd rather it was. A beautiful horse doesn't fit there, and making it such would be incorrect.
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    This is probably the wrong game to look for political correctness from. I agree with banning exotic pets and murder for fur in real life, but if we start picking at the game, we could argue they shouldn't glamorize Dubai at all since their construction force is full of human trafficking victims.

I guess my point is that the game is a game and is based on Hollywood, where they are known to turn a blind eye when it's inconvenient to their lifestyle. My doll is a shallow getaway where I don't have to worry that my private plane is adding to climate change, and I can divorce my husband because of the hat he won't take off.

But hey, speaking of Glu reading our suggestions, do they ever really address the issues like the current false advertising where they offer to pay us stars but then we get energy instead? Or address the $4,000 box petition, or the pay to play SYS complaints?

I know we get a lot of what we ask for, so it's weird that it's complete radio silence on complaints.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I don't mind the pay to play on SYS events but I do wish they'd do cash items every now and then. I like how there's a common item to style. I believe the whole thing came about when everyone complained about the quality of the previous SYS events. So they decided to make you pay for an item and that may deter some of the awful-ness. Didn't really work IMO
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »

But hey, speaking of Glu reading our suggestions, do they ever really address the issues like the current false advertising where they offer to pay us stars but then we get energy instead? Or address the $4,000 box petition, or the pay to play SYS complaints?

I know we get a lot of what we ask for, so it's weird that it's complete radio silence on complaints.

I have decided that the lack of response *IS* the response. The fact is, they are trying to make money. So they tweak stuff and add things and switch things up in order to provide revenue. A SYS event becomes pay to play when they see that 30 kstars isn't deterring people from participating. People still buy gift boxes even though its known that some contain kash. Not saying anything about people who do that - I pay to play SYS every week and happily open gift boxes.

I guess we just have to remember that complaints aren't always going to lead to a change in the game. Even if it seems like the whole forum hates something, if Glu sees that overall their revenue is helped by a certain feature, it's gonna stay.
    The lion cub, and having him/her (one way or the other as you may or may not have decided :p) as one of your own pets makes you unhappy. I see something like this in a much bigger picture. When I think about animal cruelty of all kinds, it makes me sad. And angry. Because it's so much more than keeping a cute, wild, cartoon (for all intents and purposes) baby animal as a pet where it doesn't belong, and abusing exotic animals--and any and every single animal, no matter what it is--is hateful. More, these "pets" kept in certain regions of the world have been taken--stolen--away from where they belong and robbed of the life they were supposed to have. But not this one. And you did buy it. Only to use it as a tappable for energy. I think this lion cub looks as though he's treated as well as Princess Jasmine's best friend tiger, Rajah, in Disney's Aladdin. I donate, and often, to several wildlife organizations, and I feel much too strongly on these issues to write it in a place where it most certainly does not belong. The lion cub in the game is living in the "lap of luxury," I'm sure. It would have never occurred to me to have issue with the baby lion in Dubai in KKH. This is a game based on a real person and their real life, with a little bit of fantasy thrown in. For another, the game's intent is not meant to be educational. There are scads of places that do just that. I very much understand your point, but I don't think it's promoting animal cruelty or encouraging any player of KKH to go out and bring home a lion. I first and foremost am concerned with orangutans, and in a big way. I support many efforts on their, and other primates', behalf. With the fact you've brought up, it occurs to me that while I would love to see an orangutan in the game, I believe also that I very likely would not. Were there one here, I can't say I wouldn't buy it. If only just to look at. That, however, is only me. I would probably not buy that home at all. But I'm just one person out of hundreds and hundreds and hundreds. So. I just take it for what it is, not a matter of being PC. I also don't mind the monkey wearing a fez in New Delhi. It's just a game. The animals are cute. None of the pets or animals are a real situation. But it makes you think of one, Val; and for that I am sorry.

Koko: Just delete if you like. Really only needed two or three sentences to make the point, but didn't want it to come out as "Well you did, so..." and had to write a few circles around it.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    The Kardashian/Jenners always wear fur. There was a full blown article yesterday about Kendall arriving in Paris for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in her private jet wearing a cropped fur bomber jacket. She's posing up a storm of selfies in the plane wearing a dead animal. In her defense, she looks gorgeous and her lips are starting to look like the much coveted So Glam lips.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    The Kardashian/Jenners always wear fur. There was a full blown article yesterday about Kendall arriving in Paris for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in her private jet wearing a cropped fur bomber jacket. She's posing up a storm of selfies in the plane wearing a dead animal. In her defense, she looks gorgeous and her lips are starting to look like the much coveted So Glam lips.

This rationale doesn't hold water for me, personally, since there are a great many things they do IRL that do not, and never would, make it into the game. I don't really want to argue about this though.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts

You can say that again!
    My doll doesn't wear fur.
    I won one in a daily giftbox. It's like it doesn't exist.
    Android
  • Happy15Happy15 Registered Users 184 Posts
    I'm sorry but why in the ****ing hell is asking for a fur coat to be put into the game a bad thing. I think my opinion is just as valid as everyone else. The Kardashians wear fur but nobody ****ing cares. Like If I suggest fur coats to be put in the game then I have a right to suggest that.
    People feel strongly about fur. But I think this conversation has run it's course. It's gone from fur in the game to some of the pets in the game. If you want to post a suggestion of no more fur in the suggestion thread, by all means. Just don't start conversations about other's suggestions.
    I'm closing this thread, till another post comes out of the suggestion thread that you might want to talk about. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    By request.....discussion about suggestions is Open. When I get a chance i'll see if anything new has to be moved here, but feel free to talk about the suggestions you see in the suggestion thread. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I don't mind fur in game at all. And honestly IRL furr which is real... I couldn't afford that a day in my life. And if furr is added in game: does that mean you have to buy it? No. If animals are added in the game which you find cruel because they aren't pets: does that mean you have to buy them? No. Don't be so serious ****ing hellz people. IT IS A ****ING GAMEEEE.
    Minji wrote: »
    I don't mind fur in game at all. And honestly IRL furr which is real... I couldn't afford that a day in my life. And if furr is added in game: does that mean you have to buy it? No. If animals are added in the game which you find cruel because they aren't pets: does that mean you have to buy them? No. Don't be so serious ****ing hellz people. IT IS A ****ING GAMEEEE.

Can we all agree to not say "It's just a gameeee" to the complaints of others? Yes, it's a game, and people spend money to play it, and lots of time, and they have opinions about it. And that is perfectly fine. Minji, when you post about not getting events and other things, you aren't told "it's just a game," you are given advice, or at least commiseration.
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    I guess it's not for me to say whether or not "fur" should be in the game...that's up to Kim and Glu. But I will express how I feel when I see it on another doll... I cringe. I cringe in real life too when someone is wearing it. It always makes me remember a video I watched a long time ago....it was a documentary about the fur trade... it showed the clubbing to death of baby seals ....clubbing is used because it does no permanent damage to the pelts...........that's all I am going to say.....
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Can we all agree to not say "It's just a gameeee" to the complaints of others? Yes, it's a game, and people spend money to play it, and lots of time, and they have opinions about it. And that is perfectly fine. Minji, when you post about not getting events and other things, you aren't told "it's just a game," you are given advice, or at least commiseration.

True. But I was just so annoyed at that time. Sorry.
    So over and over we see suggestions for saving or transferring games. I know I personally would love this for the peace of mind. Transferring seems like such a dodgy process and one of these days my phone is going to techy heaven and if my game doesn't transfer I will have a heart attack. I don't even clear the cache for the game anymore because I tried to do that with another game and accidentally tapped clear data and it deleted all my progress. I'm thinking one of the reasons Glu doesn't have this feature is because the game wasn't designed to do that. I wonder what would go into making that happen though. Does it mess with the core files or something? There has to be another solution than simply praying.
    Sappho wrote: »
    I would love for our dolls to fidget a little less in the wardrobe screen. A little animation is fine, but it's hard to judge how an eye or eyebrow shape looks when she's constantly closing her eyes and making faces.

Or patting her hair. It looks fine, good grief.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Or patting her hair. It looks fine, good grief.

Oh yes! Whenever I put earrings on my doll she puts her hand up and I have to wait until she's done patting so I can actually see the earrings on her. It's really annoying.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    I repeat. Who is to say my dolls aren'e wearing 'fake fur'? Synthetic fur is fashionable, manmade, and inexpensive. I don't know what kind of fur YOU got in a giftbox, but my game is exclusively Fake Fur.

I'm asking as a real live breathing person, please don't protest my doll dressing in fashionable faux fur. No pixels were damaged in the production of the images that clearly are not animal based in nature, and clearly no animals were hurt either. I'll picket with you in real life against the cruelty to real animals, I'll sign your petition, I'll even donate to the cause. But we are talking about pixels, that you say represent real animals, that I say represent the synthetics garments manufactured by the company my husband works for.

slimages_macysassets_com.jpg

So, can we please continue to have fake fur in the game?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I'm also all aboard the fake fur train with Koko. There is only fake fur in my game (and in my real life).
    I used to hate on fur and think it was stupid both real and fake... then I spent a winter north of the polar circle. After one day out in the cold/windy/snowy air I shut up forever about the topic, sat down and quietly clipped the fake fur rim back to my jacket (that I had only bought with the rim because it could be taken off) and since then I have a deep appreciation of those fur rims. They're not just for decoration...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    I repeat. Who is to say my dolls aren'e wearing 'fake fur'? Synthetic fur is fashionable, manmade, and inexpensive. I don't know what kind of fur YOU got in a giftbox, but my game is exclusively Fake Fur.

I'm asking as a real live breathing person, please don't protest my doll dressing in fashionable faux fur. No pixels were damaged in the production of the images that clearly are not animal based in nature, and clearly no animals were hurt either. I'll picket with you in real life against the cruelty to real animals, I'll sign your petition, I'll even donate to the cause. But we are talking about pixels, that you say represent real animals, that I say represent the synthetics garments manufactured by the company my husband works for.

slimages_macysassets_com.jpg

So, can we please continue to have fake fur in the game?

This. It's just pixels.

That's why I was so annoyed.
    I think the good thing about the topic is that it's subjective: if you like fur then you can pretend it's real. If you don't then you can pretend it's fake. For me I picture this game as more of a fantasy so even though I don't advocate some things in real life, I don't put a whole lot of thought into it for the game.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I totally agree with Koko.
    In real life I'll never and ever buy a real fur and I don't have one at the moment, I really loathe that business.
    However in the game I can pretend and I truly think that the furs are fake and so my doll wear it if I win or buy one.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
    Lii wrote: »
    Oh yes! Whenever I put earrings on my doll she puts her hand up and I have to wait until she's done patting so I can actually see the earrings on her. It's really annoying.

LOL just this morning, when I was trying to choose eyes for my doll, I almost said, "Would you SIT STILL?!!"
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.