Weekend Event 12/2/2016 - What will the weekend bring? (Do you have a clue? I don't)

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
For the first time, I'm caught unprepared. The BlackFriday Event, magnificent VIP weekend, then the update with the Snow.....wardrobe revamp.....oh so much more.

So what will the weekend bring? Haven't a graphic or a clue. So let's just sit and wait for the spoilers.

Polite Chanting is back on the table. Here's Kim with a mid morning midori. Maybe it will stimulate the imagination, and help us to picture what we might be doing this weekend.

MidoriKim.jpg

Shall I bring out our pitiful wheel of mystery to help us figure out what this weekend will bring?

Greatwheel.gif

Still no clue? yeah, me neither.

But whatever it is.......I'm sure we'll have a good time.

Do we have any birthdays to celebrate? After All, everybody likes cake.

4a89a04370eed33fc32d7ff3eb8d67c0.jpg

Ok, the sooner we pop this puppy up, the sooner we can hope for the spoilers.

Where's Alex when you need him? Ok, found him.

Alex_Confetti.gif

Threads open. :)

If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13456

Comments

• soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Normally I wouldn't wish for a VIP so close on the heels of the last one, but I really want one! I need eye colors, hair colors, poses, etc. I want to wait to get these things during an event so I can earn new stuff too.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I'm hoping that the next VIP is on Christmas weekend. A large portion of the players probably celebrates (and Chanukah is the same weekend this year !) so between family and other celebrations there won't be so much time to play. With a VIP weekend you can grind for KStars if you have time, but you don't have to miss out if you're busy all weekend.

So I'm hoping it's not another VIP. Maybe a 5-star thing? That would be great since we've got new storyline gigs to do and everything. Also, a lot of the time right after the update the next event was a party one, so that's my second guess.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Ahhh I'm so excited to grind! Of course I don't want a VIP - that's enough of spending events for me, I really want to WORK & TAP! So professional event, parties, reality shows, even dating - a n y t h i n g but VIP please. I absolutely can't wait to see the spoilers.
    Hope we will be earning some winter clothing this weekend. Here in Russia we already have a beautiful white snowy wonderland of a weather.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    So ready to see what we are playing for! At this point, I can't even remember past the last VIP, so maybe it will be a gig or party weekend? I know we had dating event for a midweek recently too...
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    I'm ready to tap away! So I'm hoping for a regular 5star event. I'm excited to see what the Glugods and goddesses have in store for us.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I was looking forward to this thread! I really want to see the items for this weekend and how they will look on the dolls after the update so yes, I can't wait!
    I don't want a Vip event because after the black friday one and this midweek event, we had 2 weeks spending k stars to get the items.
    I hope in a 5 rate gigs or parties.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    I don't really want a VIP! I spent 500+ on black friday :( I can wait a little, those freckles and the red hair color are not going anywhere lol
    I'm hoping for a reality show weekend event! Maybe dating, but after two midweek dating events and the Vail house luxe goal from yesterday I'm a little short on kash
    Generally gigs and party are for christmas and new years eve events so idk
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    I just got my cash flow back up so it'll probably be dating :mad: Even worse than a dating weekend would be parties :( I can never finish those

I know the k-star items will wait for the next VIP but I'm impatient lol. I want to get all the poses and those alone would earn me two VIP items.
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Thanks for starting the thread, Koko!

I cannot wait to see what weekend items this new update brings us! My exams start next week, so I'm really hoping that it is not dating or party...

I'd love some advice though! I've been maxed out with my husband for awhile now. But it's (please don't judge me) Dirk Diamonds... I really want to start a new relationship, so I can take some cute pictures with my hubby like I see so many of you on here do! But, who should it be? Should I settle for a NPC? Should I pick someone from my friends list? Should I ask them first? So many questions!

Now, waiting for those spoilers! :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Ok, if you pick a friend....you can not stop dating or you will break the connection with the doll. When that happens, you can't invite them to parties, on dates, or ever go back to 'working' with them again. In other words....maintain the relationship or you'll lose that connection. I've seen 'ransoms' as high as 156 stars to make up with an ex hubby. Not worth it. lol. But, if you can stick to it (like i stuck with Fabs) then you'll be good.

Now, NPCs, you can dump them and grab another with no repercussions. I'm waitng to hear from someone who gets a different loving speech bubble from their spouses. We're trying to find out if the warm sentiments come from an NPC or a Real player game. Fabs was messed up. He was a real person, but then someone else crossed wires, and turned him into kind of an NPC, He'd say Koko you're my soulmate, or Koko I can't believe how much I love you. Now he's sad bordering on mad. Shook his closed fist at her for 15 seconds. Count out 15 seconds. That's a little long no?

Anyway, looks like we're both entering singledom at the same time. Let's do it smart, or do it with an NPC. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Ok, if you pick a friend....you can not stop dating or you will break the connection with the doll. When that happens, you can't invite them to parties, on dates, or ever go back to 'working' with them again. In other words....maintain the relationship or you'll lose that connection. I've seen 'ransoms' as high as 156 stars to make up with an ex hubby. Not worth it. lol. But, if you can stick to it (like i stuck with Fabs) then you'll be good.

Now, NPCs, you can dump them and grab another with no repercussions. I'm waitng to hear from someone who gets a different loving speech bubble from their spouses. We're trying to find out if the warm sentiments come from an NPC or a Real player game. Fabs was messed up. He was a real person, but then someone else crossed wires, and turned him into kind of an NPC, He'd say Koko you're my soulmate, or Koko I can't believe how much I love you. Now he's sad bordering on mad. Shook his closed fist at her for 15 seconds. Count out 15 seconds. That's a little long no?

Anyway, looks like we're both entering singledom at the same time. Let's do it smart, or do it with an NPC. lol.

Thank you for all of the advice!

I wish we could change the appearance of NPCs. I'd love to be able to play around with all of the new skin colours, hair colours, facial structures, etc. to create my perfect husband (yes, I know how ridiculous this sounds, lol). I guess I'll just wait until I can find the perfect looking NPC...
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 

Koko, now that I read this I remember that my NPC husbands used to say these things to my doll. A husband that is the doll of a player will say whatever the player put as the message... so that depends.
    Everything you're saying about having to stick with it if it's a real friend is very true. However the advantage is, that they usually look a lot better and also change their outfits so it doesn't get boring... I guess you can change the outfit of your spouse if he's a NPC, but I'm always to lazy for that haha
  • MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I seriously need a new NPC husband but uggghhh the respawn of the males aren't good at all. They all have weird blue hair or they're the same T_T
    I'm holding on to my husband even though his nose beard drives me nuts. Hopefully Glu fixes this.
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I wish Glu would let us change the love relationship to professional relationship. My two dolls are husband & wife. They maxed out on the relationship points but I still have to maintain the daily dates because once they break up, they can't take pictures in the photo booth together. And I really don't like the only pose they can have in the photo booth. :( Hopefully GLU is also working on that.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    The player behind fabs lost control of the game oh over year ago. He went from looking like I forgot his name Gavin Rossdale to looking like some guy in an overcoat and at he was cute but he was so not dressed for the beach Wool coat and hat. But we have so much to think about. Let's date a lot of npcs. Even one date with a real player game commits you to be with that person you'll never be able to invite them on a gig again and when you don't date them they will break up with you and then you can't even invite them to a party. So be sure you want to date a friends doll.

You know who also disappeared from my games All's dolls...Jedi and Sam both just popped out and I saw Jedi Monday morning, so I guess in active players we just culled. If you're going to pull them out just pull them out don't make them saying mean things to my doll. Oh, and I have my game from last week backed up in itunes. He is in that one. Let's find some cute npcs. I found a gorg real player doll to dat which means marry. He belongs to a forum member but I'm not sure who.....oh no if they raise the relationship limits and benefits happen I'm so totally going to lose out on those. Ugh ... bad just turned worse
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    with utmost respect, here are some polite spoilers. Let's have fun again. ;)

legal spoilers legal spoilers legal spoilers legal spoilers legal spoilers
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Now you can see the updated event promo windows! Who's ready to show off your new looks and party all weekend?

I love the girls' earnables. I wish shopping for cute boots was so easy.

Dec_02_Female_Rewards_Promo.jpg

Dec_02_Female_Giftbox_Promo.jpg

Dec_02_Male_Rewards_Promo.jpg

Dec_02_Male_Giftbox_Promo.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    The girls' earnables are great! I'm not ever going to take this denim dress off. I'm glad it's a party weekend!
    And yay for an long earnable hairstyle for guys! I hope Vats will like it ;)
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    Long earnable hair for guys? Vatsey is gonna freak out!!

I like the items. They are cute. I love the tropical vibe. The pineapple skirt is my fav!

I'M READY TO PARTAAAAY

qY0vt6n.jpg
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Loving the earnables thank you so much Kalinda! I like the hair in the event gfit box too, so hawaiian style :)
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
    I love it all! I hope I get that bird - what a cutie pie!
    Party weekend *sigh*

I usually never get the last item which I'm ok with. I like the hairstyle with the hibiscus but I probably wouldn't wear it that often anyway. So if I get it, awesome! But if not, no skin off my back :) I love the boots and dress too.

If I win that parrot in my free box I'm going to flip.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Party weekend *sigh*

My thoughts exactly. I hate parties, they're so stupidly difficult to finish, even the 3 hour ones. It doesn't make sense that they're twice as difficult as projects. I don't think I'll get much beyond the first box on this one. :/ I guess this event is gonna be a wash. Oh well, less time spent playing the game means more time to do other stuff over the weekend I guess.

I do like the tropical outfit though.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3

If I win that parrot in my free box I'm going to flip.

I will wear it EVERYWHERE and my doll will be the bird lady.
    Oh dear a party weekend. This will be crazy hard with my new doll, I still need 10,000 more for the Calabasas Mansion. Oh well, I really like the guys pants so that's my goal for him. The rest is nice but I can do without.
    I like the dress for the girls, don't really care about the hair so maybe I'll take it slow this weekend and only go to the dress? I usually always complete weekend events (except for VIPs) just so I have the items and can't get them in a throwback but I'm traveling half the day tomorrow and then I'll be stuck with a painfully slow internet connection all weekend and between the two games now...
    I love the dress! And yeyyyy!!! I always wanted boots like that GIVE THEM TO ME!! :D
    I'm not going to be chasing the gifbox items, the bird is adorable but does it move?

And oh my oh my! That long earnable hair is fabulous! Can't wait for Vats reaction, what an amazing gift on his dolls special day! :)
    I'm glad that they put the male chilean inspired costume on the giftbox, not everybody's cup of tea lol
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    I love the dress! And yeyyyy!!! I always wanted boots like that GIVE THEM TO ME!! :D
    I'm not going to be chasing the gifbox items, the bird is adorable but does it move?

Yes, the bird will be animated!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Yes, the bird will be animated!

Awww :3 I can't wait to see him/her
    Thanks for the fast reply!
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Ananas1033Ananas1033 Registered Users 23 Posts
    Omg! I need that parrot! I have a green parrot in real life. Now I can have him in the game!