General Complaints Thread

Comments

• MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    I am and have been a member of plenty of forums that employ the "like" buttons on posts. It's never stopped or impaired discussion anywhere, and I honestly don't see how it would. If people have something more to say then they'll say it. If not and they just want to express a simple "hey I like this idea/I agree with/support this person" then that's what the "like" button is for. There have been plenty of times on this forum I've wanted to show support or appreciation but I didn't have enough to add to warrant a whole new post, that's where I would have loved to be able to use a "like" button.

Hi Sappho!
    I asked my husband, as he is a very active member on the forum for the most popular MMORPG of all time. I know I can't name the game here. He said it may make people feel shy about expressing their feelings without fear of judgment. You know, it leads to feelings of "is my comment good enough," etc. However, since this is such a heavily censored forum already, I feel like it just doesn't matter. I already feel like I can't express my feelings without judgment, so... whatever.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    Hi Sappho!
    I asked my husband, as he is a very active member on the forum for the most popular MMORPG of all time. I know I can't name the game here. He said it may make people feel shy about expressing their feelings without fear of judgment. You know, it leads to feelings of "is my comment good enough," etc. However, since this is such a heavily censored forum already, I feel like it just doesn't matter. I already feel like I can't express my feelings without judgment, so... whatever.

^^^^This^^^^
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Megannita wrote: »
    Hi Sappho!
    If this is the game I think it is... I used to play it but I left years ago because of the toxic community. MMO communities tend to lean towards the toxic anyway, I wouldn't feel comfortable posting there even without any like buttons.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • MegannitaMegannita Registered Users 284 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »
    If this is the game I think it is... I used to play it but I left years ago because of the toxic community. MMO communities tend to lean towards the toxic anyway, I wouldn't feel comfortable posting there even without any like buttons.

I feel you. I don't play it myself, so I couldn't say.
    You remind me of the babe...
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    On thanksgiving, i bought two star packs, and then when i returned to the game after the purchase, the app was almost frozen. I haven't been able to play at all since thursday! The struggle is real. I sent a mail to customer care immediately and only heard back on Friday. Since then - radio silence.

I could live without playing through a vip weekend. But now it's almost a week later, the biggest update in game history has been released and I STILL CAN'T PLAY!!!

This is not okay, glu !!!
    hackers can burn in hell
    Getting reallllly tired of all these "Suggestions" to drag things over from K&K. If you want to play K&K kindly do so and enjoy it there.
    I knew. I knew I should just never open this game again after the other day and delete it once and for all. How is it I'm sold a "home" in Vail and you expect me to buy a hot tub with two strangers in it. What IS that? Fn kidding me? Are you nuts? Can you PLEASE remove the shadow people from my "HOME." Thank you.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I knew. I knew I should just never open this game again after the other day and delete it once and for all. How is it I'm sold a "home" in Vail and you expect me to buy a hot tub with two strangers in it. What IS that? Fn kidding me? Are you nuts? Can you PLEASE remove the shadow people from my "HOME." Thank you.

Omg nailed it, the latter part, seriously. I already hate the zombies in the runway, now their shadows are all over my home.
    PM to add
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    Well Glu, just how embarrassed are you. Are a lot of heads flying over there today? The graphic artists all over the world who have been observing this game are either laughing thier a$$es off or shaking their heads in disbelief.... I dont have to go into detail do I Glu? A six year old could rattle off the mistakes that have been made......the only important question at the moment is just how long it will take for you to fix this mess......may I suggest paying overtime before you become the laughing stock of the video game industry.
  • DalethDaleth Registered Users 78 Posts
    Oh. another thing Glu...it's snowing 24/7 in sunny California. In front of my mansion it is coming down in droves....but in the back yard it is sunbathing and swimming as usual....MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Daleth wrote: »
    Well Glu, just how embarrassed are you. Are a lot of heads flying over there today? The graphic artists all over the world who have been observing this game are either laughing thier a$$es off or shaking their heads in disbelief.... I dont have to go into detail do I Glu? A six year old could rattle off the mistakes that have been made......the only important question at the moment is just how long it will take for you to fix this mess......may I suggest paying overtime before you become the laughing stock of the video game industry.

Care to post your sources?
  • CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Getting reallllly tired of all these "Suggestions" to drag things over from K&K. If you want to play K&K kindly do so and enjoy it there.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This..so much
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Omg nailed it, the latter part, seriously. I already hate the zombies in the runway, now their shadows are all over my home.

Nai, I so much appreciate your backup here. <3 Now I'm disliking the home so much I even hate going in just to tap that sweet little baby reindeer. Glu. The shadow strangers in our home. Please, would you take them away. Thank you!
    Oh. another thing Glu...it's snowing 24/7 in sunny California. In front of my mansion it is coming down in droves....but in the back yard it is sunbathing and swimming as usual....MAKE UP YOUR MIND!!!

Daleth--your other post here, in just a minute. Yes. I agree about the snow in Cali, but I think it was intended as simply a fun thing, and to evoke a feeling of the holiday season, and in-game things to come. I can understand people liking it; as for me, somehow I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out. People have been asking for fall and winter clothes and somehow the snow just makes them happy. I'm ok with it, it just *is*, and not worth any bother to me. But yes, only speaking for me. I checked NYC though, and it's snowing there too, as is a likely enough thing; but what about places such as Iceland, you know? But Cali and NY are the major "poles" here so I get it.

Your other post. I don't see anything in it that calls for, or even has or requires sources as soundspretty mentioned, because it's not that which you mean. Yes? There's things like the overlays are all messed up (this started with the cafe in Vienna, I noticed it immediately), all the wonky eyes, and other stuff I've picked up on, but can you tell the things you yourself have found? Basically I'm really curious and also, I'm very interested for comparison with what I've already noticed myself....

EDIT: I did see the other day it is in fact snowing in Reyjavik, and elsewhere too.
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    -I posted this in the weekend event thread but thought maybe it should be here instead.

I saw somewhere that some people consider unfinished events to get points for future events isn't cheating, there's no illegal hack. That's funny. Those gigs are being used the way they're supposed to. I'm sure they'll figure out how to get rid of that too.

Although I think it's possible Glu decided to skip the storyline due to the huge update, I'm also pretty skeptical that's the reason why. They could also just be testing out how people handle the weekend events without having the extra points. Considering how poorly written the last ones have been and the complaints from people, it's not a crazy theory. They could just be screwing around with players to see how many people spend hundreds of real dollars on energy to finish the event. I wouldn't put it past them after the scams with k-stars and now people are saying they're only getting 1 measly k-star for buying a $150k one room house??? that is some major bs.

If they keep making it difficult for people to earn k-stars through different methods other than buying them with real money, they're going to alienate a huge part of their fanbase that just doesn't have the resources or desire to spend hard earned money on a game that can't even be securely backed up (WHICH IS STILL CRAZY TO ME).
    Time will tell.
    If you're going to speak for "graphic artists all over the world" I think you need to post sources. Graphic artists all over the world who just so happen to be "monitoring" the game? Am I the only one who thinks that sounds completely ridiculous? I don't think the update is perfect and I have grievances like everyone else but I extremely dislike blanket statements without any backing. The "I speak for all" mentality is a huge pet peeve of mine.
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    If they keep making it difficult for people to earn k-stars through different methods other than buying them with real money, they're going to alienate a huge part of their fanbase that just doesn't have the resources or desire to spend hard earned money on a game that can't even be securely backed up (WHICH IS STILL CRAZY TO ME).
    Time will tell.

I've always liked how generous KKH is with giving out free k-stars. Because it's so generous, I don't mind spending my own money to buy packs or a SMC because it's not costing me every dollar I have to advance in the game, or pay to play. It's a give and take relationship. You give me perks and I'll throw you some cash every now and then. And with how expensive all the newer stuff is you wouldn't think it'd be a big deal to allow us a few free k-stars per day. I'd even take a few per week because at least I'm getting SOMETHING. I hope the recent freeze out with these offers isn't permanent. At least bring back the k-stars for videos feature because that was a huge win compared to other greedy games out there.
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    If you're going to speak for "graphic artists all over the world" I think you need to post sources. Graphic artists all over the world who just so happen to be "monitoring" the game? Am I the only one who thinks that sounds completely ridiculous? I don't think the update is perfect and I have grievances like everyone else but I extremely dislike blanket statements without any backing. The "I speak for all" mentality is a huge pet peeve of mine.

The tone of derision in that statement was the first thing I noticed. It made me wonder if it might be about more than just the glitches we have discussed in other threads. I am not sure that there are graphic designers all over the world watching this game, but I was more intrigued by the statement about "heads flying." Over glitches? That's why I am curious if there's more to it.
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    -I posted this in the weekend event thread but thought maybe it should be here instead.

I saw somewhere that some people consider unfinished events to get points for future events isn't cheating, there's no illegal hack. That's funny. Those gigs are being used the way they're supposed to. I'm sure they'll figure out how to get rid of that too.

Although I think it's possible Glu decided to skip the storyline due to the huge update, I'm also pretty skeptical that's the reason why. They could also just be testing out how people handle the weekend events without having the extra points. Considering how poorly written the last ones have been and the complaints from people, it's not a crazy theory. They could just be screwing around with players to see how many people spend hundreds of real dollars on energy to finish the event. I wouldn't put it past them after the scams with k-stars and now people are saying they're only getting 1 measly k-star for buying a $150k one room house??? that is some major bs.

Time will tell.

Not sure what you're saying here. Event gigs are supposed to be used during the event they were created for, not beyond. That's why, if someone still has a 1st or 2nd event gig left over and they do it, they don't get the rest of that particular event's gigs. It's done. It's over. A person wants to do it because they want to, they do it; not hold onto them so they can presumably stockpile old event gigs and then fly through earnables at whim and in record time. You think that's not cheating? That's funny.
    Here's the deal, the way I see it, about graphic artists and heads flying. Hmpfffff. My head hurts, my eye ba l l s hurt, but I think since Daleth isn't around--and I do agree, there's something else in that post--that maybe Daleth is very qualified to say what they said. And maybe whatever else is bothering them *is* justified. No one knows. I don't know Daleth or their issues, but I do think I can answer you at least somewhat. See, it didn't occur to me for a second to question the things others here did, because no, of course there aren't designers, artists or whomever monitoring the game. Are there? Who knows, but competitors for sure. Prolly *they* are laughing. But that's not it. I work on the editorial end of things, and have done so for a long time. This also means I have to eyeball everything, and I mean *everything*. Which also means I have to know what I'm looking at. That's my business, that's part of the kind of work I do. It's my job. I also happen to play this game, this as well as others. It's rare to see the, um, yeah--let's just call it all "things"--that occur in the creative processes of KKH, occur elsewhere. In fact, I've only ever seen it once. But it's got to happen plenty of places, them's the odds. So. Let ME be a source. Because I *do* know what I'm looking at. And I'm just a passerby game player. And millions of people play this game. Must be a lot of them like me, or Daleth? Maybe they're a professional designer and know just exactly what they're looking at. It didn't occur to me to question the "w's"--I wanted to know exactly what the problems are that Daleth is seeing. Because I'm curious. Because that's what I do. Because it's part of my job. And I do my job well. And god knows I've blasted editorial here for a long time now. Who the h e l l knows why it comes out the way it does, it just does. And maybe like me, Daleth sometimes wants to know just exactly what tf is UP. There's stuff wrong; dolls, there is. There's things you don't even see, and who cares, no point in hanging on to it, right? See? There's a difference in the way you use "on to" and "onto." Maybe in our lines of work we know things others may not. And in other lines of work, those people very obviously know more than me! I know, I know, it's a post for everybody to see. But it's all said and done now, so, you know...have a really good week?? Hehhhhh. Sorry, massive migraine. But I tried. Trying can be good. Sometimes. Kind of. Sort of. :p
    Thank you, that was the kind of thing I was talking about. I'm not a graphic designer or in editorial, so that was why I thought maybe Daleth might be or might know more than others here due to being in that environment. The way the post was worded gave me that idea. And that was pretty much all my post was about.
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Thank you, that was the kind of thing I was talking about. I'm not a graphic designer or in editorial, so that was why I thought maybe Daleth might be or might know more than others here due to being in that environment. The way the post was worded gave me that idea. And that was pretty much all my post was about.

Doll, no thank you, ok? No thank you needed at all. I realized when I read yours and soundspretty's posts that it had just gone right past me, I didn't even think to question it, and simply because it's second nature to me. But how could others know, if they didn't know? They couldn't. I need to go reread that original post (I was waylaid after my own by a couple of baby black and white cookies, help yourself, we have a bunch!), because I have to see what happened/how it reads from the other side. <3

Nice catch. I can only say I stopped playing for a few days not very long after I blanched when I opened the game, just after the update, and shut it right back down again. I then went right into the event and still haven't really looked around. Ah, wait! I noticed the colored flashing bands/bars at the back of 10AX, among other things. If I didn't have enough of my own real shiz to look at, it would be fun playing hide and seek in the game to find everything that didn't flat out smack me in the face. Happily working at home most of the week though, so def gonna try to have fun with it anyway.
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    So now all of a sudden everyone wants to change their NPC contacts faces and hair. I (I am sure a selected few) have been effing asking for that to be done since 2015. Yet here we are entering the third year and they decide to do a Kendall & Kylie knockoff. Speaking of which why does not surprise me that the first event of this stupid update has a bunch of items that look like absolute trash.I mean who the h-ll thought of this??

wbfaw4Y.png

I am beginning to wonder why I still play this game. I should just switch to the cheat I have a contact on instagram who is more than willing to help. A parrot?? Congrats to the ones on the team who came up with this, you all have successfully descended to a new low especially after your poor attempt at a 5 Star Weekend and your sailor costume for Black Friday. I guess you think such things are cute but I sure as h-ll don't. It looks stupid and last I checked Halloween ended months ago.

The ONLY thing the team managed to get right were the boots. Everything else is the equivalent of cow manure. As far as this update goes I effing hate it. You mean to tell me they could not enable the new stuff without completely changing the look of the game?? If I wanted to go play Kendall & Kylie then I would but I do not want to play a game where all you do is post updates on snapchat and twitter all day and take selfies at concerts. So MANY things you could have done WITHOUT all of this extra garbage. The NARS features that once looked fabulous are now ruined. They look like a two-year-old got ahold of a makeup kit for the first time. The facials that came with the game when you first start out do not even look the same anymore. I cannot even begin to describe how Kim looks and why did the interior of So Chic have to change?? That red dress is ONE of the few decent looks left in this game. If anything how about putting the DASH employees in Miami and Calabasas into some decent clothing.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I agree with Hoodstar. Please redo all the NARS sets. They currently look way too overdone plus what's up with the ginormous eye***** and clumpy mascara? Can we please get a redo?

edit: omg I can't say b.a.l.l.s now? Lol
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Guys, Lets not hurt others feelings here (or anywhere) The Deal with Hookah you can complain without fear of recourse, as long as it's game and not player or singled out glu staff. From what I gather, the original 'heads' are flying was an attempt to say describe how "off" the modifications were. And I think either a graphic designer took offense, or as explained blanket statements were a pet peeve. I think this kind of topic diversion takes away from the main objective - complaining about the game? The team can't do anything about our dealings with each other, but they can fix problems. Since they read this thread to learn what about the game is making us displeased, let's give them an earful so they can fix the glitches, and decide what if anything to do about unglitched but annoying things.

If a post was deleted, it's nothing personal, I'm just trying to keep it about the game. As always, if you want to discuss....please pm me. I don't think I'm always right by any means. :)

rockettes.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Zoë, you can't say ballz and I can't say muphins. So....I go phonetic or 'look$ like sympbols'. But only for words we really should be able to say. Anyone essential drops the fbomb and it will be deleted as soon as I see it. :)

I'm really unhappy with my dolls nose being gone. ANd, if you look on the game icon on your device....why does Kim's nose seem to have the same drip that looks almost beakish. I guess if they can mess up Kim's face, who are we to complain about ours. (sarcasm. I really want my nose fixed.)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I apologize for any hurt feelings. I've had 10+ years experience with graphic design so this "I" speak for "we" tone of the original message irritated me. As I said in a previous comment, I in no way think the update is perfect and there are issues that need to be addressed but I do not agree with the comment that the game is complete disaster and that the design community is up in arms. That's the last I'm going to say about that topic. As Koko said I think focusing on the glitches would be a good start so that the game can be fixed as soon as possible. That being said:

- I agree that the NARS makeup needs tweaked so that it once again looks like a premium feature. Right now I think the default nude eye looks better than the NARS one.

- While I like the close-ups and 3D affect the game has now with characters standing in different positions, in some scenes the ratio is off. Plus the locations that start with a doll close-up are causing glitches with the reality run-ins because the screen wants to zoom in on your doll but with it already zoomed in the screen zooms in even further on your doll's chest. The only way I can find to back out is to close the game. I've been ignoring the run-ins in these locations for the time being. Also you can't see your pet.

- Maybe it's because of the new faces/eyes but I feel like the bright green and pink eyes look extra creepy now on NPCs.
    I apologize for any hurt feelings. I've had 10+ years experience with graphic design so this "I" speak for "we" tone of the original message irritated me. As I said in a previous comment, I in no way think the update is perfect and there are issues that need to be addressed but I do not agree with the comment that the game is complete disaster and that the design community is up in arms. That's the last I'm going to say about that topic. As Koko said I think focusing on the glitches would be a good start so that the game can be fixed as soon as possible. That being said:

- I agree that the NARS makeup needs tweaked so that it once again looks like a premium feature. Right now I think the default nude eye looks better than the NARS one.

- While I like the close-ups and 3D affect the game has now with characters standing in different positions, in some scenes the ratio is off. Plus the locations that start with a doll close-up are causing glitches with the reality run-ins because the screen wants to zoom in on your doll but with it already zoomed in the screen zooms in even further on your doll's chest. The only way I can find to back out is to close the game. I've been ignoring the run-ins in these locations for the time being. Also you can't see your pet.

- Maybe it's because of the new faces/eyes but I feel like the bright green and pink eyes look extra creepy now on NPCs.

Hahahahaha, omg, omg, omg--soundspretty I do love you, this is SO cool! I wonder what kind of work you do. But it doesn't matter, that's your private stuff. It's just any time a person can talk appropriate shop is just everything to me.:) <3

EDIT: I don't think anyone's feelings would've been hurt, there was nothing hurtful. I dunno, I'm pretty sick and was at the doctor and drugstore all day. I am a very sick doll, with a migraine on top, so if there's something I'm missing, maybe...did *I* hurt anyone's feelings, do you think? I don't know and I just can't read much at all right now, to go over, again, all of this, so I'd better say I'm sorry, just in case...?? Groannnnn, a doll's work is never done!;)
    I wish there was a way to change my reward at So Chic in the Hamptons. I chose fans, and it was a HUGE mistake. Never more than 32,000 fans a week, and once I maxed out on fans, there's just not a reward. Always choose the cash reward at So Chic Hamptons! Ugh.
    If we could have a do-over I would've never bought the So Chic in San Diego. I never remember to do appearances there and for the amount of k-stars I used to purchase I don't think it was worth it. Which is why I haven't bought any of the other k-star venues either... maybe one day.