General Complaints Thread

Comments

• ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to change my reward at So Chic in the Hamptons. I chose fans, and it was a HUGE mistake. Never more than 32,000 fans a week, and once I maxed out on fans, there's just not a reward. Always choose the cash reward at So Chic Hamptons! Ugh.
    I'd rather choose the boy with tapable energy every three hours.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    I'd rather choose the boy with tapable energy every three hours.

Oh, that is a good one too! I didn't remember that being a reward. It has been almost two years lol. But yes, I would probably like that one more than cash!
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Oh, that is a good one too! I didn't remember that being a reward. It has been almost two years lol. But yes, I would probably like that one more than cash!
    He's actually better than the gym. It takes almost half a day to get five bolts from the gym. I chose cash, btw. I regret it even though Miranda, the clerk at Hamptons is really beautiful,
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    If we could have a do-over I would've never bought the So Chic in San Diego. I never remember to do appearances there and for the amount of k-stars I used to purchase I don't think it was worth it. Which is why I haven't bought any of the other k-star venues either... maybe one day.

Yeah, I think SCSD is definitely the worst of all the KStar venues.. it only gives 2 KStar for a huge 8 hour shift that takes so much energy to complete.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • SighSigh Registered Users 17 Posts
    This is the last time I'm have a do over as i miss some of my clothes. It's just I'm a **** player and need to start again, anyways I don't mind the update reminds me of glu's first game which isn't bad just different.
    If somebody can gift me those thigh high boots with a yellow stripe, I will give you a gift as thanks
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Not sure what you're saying here. Event gigs are supposed to be used during the event they were created for, not beyond. That's why, if someone still has a 1st or 2nd event gig left over and they do it, they don't get the rest of that particular event's gigs. It's done. It's over. A person wants to do it because they want to, they do it; not hold onto them so they can presumably stockpile old event gigs and then fly through earnables at whim and in record time. You think that's not cheating? That's funny.

Yeah, it is pretty funny to me because we've all basically come to the conclusion that weekend events are mostly for fun, although that final bonus helps sometimes, because they take way too long to complete and we mostly depend on doing other gigs for event points. Some of us were smart enough to figure that out very early on, back when it WAS worth it because they were quicker but now no one is going stockpile old event gigs and "fly through them in record time" because 6 hour gigs take forever and they're useless without the event items, so you're really getting worked up over nothing. So, no cheating, no hack, and clearly not a huge deal or Glu would've axed the ability to do that already, in fact, they were the ones who made it possible because weekend gigs used to disappear after the event so anywaaaayyy
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Sigh wrote: »
    This is the last time I'm have a do over as i miss some of my clothes. It's just I'm a **** player and need to start again, anyways I don't mind the update reminds me of glu's first game which isn't bad just different.

You mean start your game completely over?

At this point I would die if I had to do that. I had to start my game over a long time ago due to my phone giving out and back then there was no way to transfer your game. While I think it would be fun to go through some of the storylines again, losing all my stuff would be heartbreaking.
  • SighSigh Registered Users 17 Posts
    You mean start your game completely over?

At this point I would die if I had to do that. I had to start my game over a long time ago due to my phone giving out and back then there was no way to transfer your game. While I think it would be fun to go through some of the storylines again, losing all my stuff would be heartbreaking.
    that's why I stopped doing that pretty quick after finding out I couldn't get my stuff back
    If somebody can gift me those thigh high boots with a yellow stripe, I will give you a gift as thanks
  • GirlyGirly Registered Users 31 Posts
    I haven't played this game in almost a year, but after seeing some posts on Instagram and thinking "Did another celebrity come out with a new Glu Game?" I had to check here....and oh, my God. I'm definitely going to start playing again. It's like being obsessed all over again. Everything looks so polished and your dolls look amazing. :)
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    Yeah, it is pretty funny to me because we've all basically come to the conclusion that weekend events are mostly for fun, although that final bonus helps sometimes, because they take way too long to complete and we mostly depend on doing other gigs for event points. Some of us were smart enough to figure that out very early on, back when it WAS worth it because they were quicker but now no one is going stockpile old event gigs and "fly through them in record time" because 6 hour gigs take forever and they're useless without the event items, so you're really getting worked up over nothing. So, no cheating, no hack, and clearly not a huge deal or Glu would've axed the ability to do that already, in fact, they were the ones who made it possible because weekend gigs used to disappear after the event so anywaaaayyy

Oh, I'm not "worked up" about anything. Some of us have plenty of pets as well as we all have the tappables all over the world, along with max energy bars. Yep. Can fly through plenty of 6hr gigs. And someone did in fact say two or three weeks ago she did save those gigs and for some reason or other they do in fact get her additional points, so she saves and uses them. At any rate, they're usually not worth the time or trouble because of all the hours before one even becomes available. And all those bonus points go to waste because most of us are usually finished by then. I wish it didn't work that way, I'd like event points to be helpful, not just fly out the window. Event gigs are good for those of us who are bored; have no storylines left; are tired of the same old side gigs; and fly through new-update gigs. Sorry, I really don't have the time to read much of your post; but thank you for coming.
    What's really ridiculous, what really makes such bad sense, is to buy Sky. I like it; I want it; I'd like to do the gigs, just like in my ice club, but the deal makes such bad business sense I have to walk away. The first place I didn't buy was the gym. Not a good deal on 67 different levels. Now Sky is a wasted opportunity, too. We are not only dolls who maybe just like to, or *have to*, or want to, have everything. We are shrewd as well. Glu: Please adjust obtaining and earning from Sky, I would really like to have it! The gym? Sorry, all those stars with a weak return of energy, can't even force myself to buy it, regardless that I want and like to have it all.
  • RumpelstilzchenRumpelstilzchen Registered Users 1,599 Posts
    Screenshot_2016-12-07-00-03-50_zpsya3rdkdr.jpg

Dearie,
    you should really go back inside, you will catch a cold!
    Look, it's already snowing!
    Your gym is too expensive.
    Android
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    Oh, I'm not "worked up" about anything. Some of us have plenty of pets as well as we all have the tappables all over the world, along with max energy bars. Yep. Can fly through plenty of 6hr gigs. And someone did in fact say two or three weeks ago she did save those gigs and for some reason or other they do in fact get her additional points, so she saves and uses them. At any rate, they're usually not worth the time or trouble because of all the hours before one even becomes available. And all those bonus points go to waste because most of us are usually finished by then. I wish it didn't work that way, I'd like event points to be helpful, not just fly out the window. Event gigs are good for those of us who are bored; have no storylines left; are tired of the same old side gigs; and fly through new-update gigs. Sorry, I really don't have the time to read much of your post; but thank you for coming.

I think I was the one who said I save them. I don't do it on purpose. If I don't care for the weekend event, I don't really play that weekend. There is no other way to get rid of them. I don't want to waste my time doing them during the week, so I might as well get a bonus on the weekend. I'd prefer they just went away like they used to, TBH.
    What's really ridiculous, what really makes such bad sense, is to buy Sky. I like it; I want it; I'd like to do the gigs, just like in my ice club, but the deal makes such bad business sense I have to walk away. The first place I didn't buy was the gym. Not a good deal on 67 different levels. Now Sky is a wasted opportunity, too. We are not only dolls who maybe just like to, or *have to*, or want to, have everything. We are shrewd as well. Glu: Please adjust obtaining and earning from Sky, I would really like to have it! The gym? Sorry, all those stars with a weak return of energy, can't even force myself to buy it, regardless that I want and like to have it all.

That's why I haven't bought most of the buildings save for SCSD and I wish I never bought it. If, and I mean *if*, you remember to work or make an appearance at these it still takes 7-8 months for a return on investment. That's a long time and in the meantime I'm still missing houses and pets and with each update comes more k-star clothes and accessories. I feel like these buildings are a way to force you to buy k-star packs to afford any of it.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    zitrone wrote: »
    I think I was the one who said I save them. I don't do it on purpose. If I don't care for the weekend event, I don't really play that weekend. There is no other way to get rid of them. I don't want to waste my time doing them during the week, so I might as well get a bonus on the weekend. I'd prefer they just went away like they used to, TBH.

I think I remember the post, not sure if it was you, but it was a totally innocent discovery. Something like all these leftover tasks, and the player did one on a weekend, and found out it gave event points a week later or something. If other people read that and figured it was a good way to fast track events, that's on them not you doll. :)

I've found, if I have one hanging over, say it's the middle of 4 (or 3) gigs for the event, I do it on a monday (no events so I have more time) and then after doing it, no more pop up, so I've effectively canceled the rest by doing the gig showing while no event was going on. I'm **** about clearing off tasks, and when I don't get to do them on the weekend, I'm grateful doing one kills the rest, if done while there is no event.

My complaint right now.....How many points do I have?

Meter.jpg

And this is bigger than it is on the game screen. Ok, yeah, I can see it, but not easily. I love that our cash is shown in green for money. But is this white on pale yellow just to stick it to us for no reason? I can't see the purpous in hindering our ability to see how much everything we have.

Yes, the thought gone into making the cash show in green was really perfect. But the others, especially those we can't make out by simply glancing should really have more definition, different colors. The top of my screen on my phone is just a big guessing game.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Screenshot_2016-12-07-00-03-50_zpsya3rdkdr.jpg

Dearie,
    you should really go back inside, you will catch a cold!
    Look, it's already snowing!
    Your gym is too expensive.

Yes, yes and yes. Everything about this is right. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I'm starting to get tired of this game. It feels like I'm constantly fighting only to be one step behind all the time. Every level up I lose my style bonus on projects. I haven't had a style bonus on dates in forever, I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with the number necessary for the projects.

And then the events. The clothes are nice, but some of the events are just horrible. The party event I might as well not even try because parties are so ridiculously hard to complete that I never get there even if I do. And these throwback events are only slightly less annoying - without the event point bonus from the clothes you earn it's just that much harder. I'm not going to spend full days grinding. That's not fun, that's a job.

And not getting a regular trickle of k-stars via ads is making it even less worth it to log in every day. It just feels exceedingly greedy to have the premium currency solely available by real money. If a game lets me earn a half decent amount for free, I don't mind so much buying a pack every once in a while to supplement the number. But if I don't get any... it just doesn't seem worth it to buy them, either. Plus I don't have hundreds of dollars to spend on this game anyway. It just feels like I'm hard-blocked from content this way, which is not nice.

I do love the new look. I think it's beautiful. It's just... not enough at this point to keep my interest. :(
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Sappho, I sent you a message.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
    Sappho wrote: »
    I'm starting to get tired of this game. It feels like I'm constantly fighting only to be one step behind all the time. Every level up I lose my style bonus on projects. I haven't had a style bonus on dates in forever, I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with the number necessary for the projects.

You are losing your style bonus? If you have earned the 1000 points on either star or heart you will have that bonus on the corresponding gigs or dates forever. If you haven't earned the star and/or heart points, you have to "win" them, but that is the only reason I can think that you would have them sometimes and then not have them. I don't think you are supposed to lose them every time you level up. That might need some Glu attention.
    You are losing your style bonus? If you have earned the 1000 points on either star or heart you will have that bonus on the corresponding gigs or dates forever. If you haven't earned the star and/or heart points, you have to "win" them, but that is the only reason I can think that you would have them sometimes and then not have them. I don't think you are supposed to lose them every time you level up. That might need some Glu attention.
    What I meant is that with every level up, the requirements for the bonus go up, so then my old numbers aren't enough anymore and I have to keep increasing it.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    Lii wrote: »
    Sappho, I sent you a message.
    Thank you, I've sent a reply. :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    What I meant is that with every level up, the requirements for the bonus go up, so then my old numbers aren't enough anymore and I have to keep increasing it.

Like Jules said it'll get easier once you hit the max on points. Then no matter how far you level up you'll always get the style bonus. In the meantime though it's a pain in the butt.
    Like Jules said it'll get easier once you hit the max on points. Then no matter how far you level up you'll always get the style bonus. In the meantime though it's a pain in the butt.
    Ah see I never knew there was a max. But I understand it's 1000 right? Even just knowing that helps, especially since I'm currently at 900+ so getting close.
    Weird Al is life. <3
    I'm sorry I had to delete a post about cheating. let's not talk about circumventing game rules. We all agreed to certain behavior when we download the game, some break those rules. But we're discouraged from discussion things like that. Thanks for understanding
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Ah see I never knew there was a max. But I understand it's 1000 right? Even just knowing that helps, especially since I'm currently at 900+ so getting close.

If you are at 900+, you are almost there :)
    If you are at 900+, you are almost there :)
    And thanks to some kind gifts from Lii and Angelina I'm there. :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    And thanks to some kind gifts from Lii and Angelina I'm there. :)

That's awesome! Yay!
  • LxtwnLxtwn Registered Users 56 Posts
    You know what I'm tired of? The lack of storylines. I miss having 4 storylines going at the same time, the game felt more immersive and fun. Now two weeks after every update I'm back to playing passively once or twice a day. Even with the mid-week events I feel bored, because they feel more like a chore. Go to hollywood, start a 3 hour reality gig in calabasas. Rinse and repeat.
    That's why I haven't bought most of the buildings save for SCSD and I wish I never bought it. If, and I mean *if*, you remember to work or make an appearance at these it still takes 7-8 months for a return on investment. That's a long time and in the meantime I'm still missing houses and pets and with each update comes more k-star clothes and accessories. I feel like these buildings are a way to force you to buy k-star packs to afford any of it.

Yes, your last line! I couldn't sleep last night and so did that 1hr Sky gig I still had around 2:00 am, which I'd been putting off because I knew the "sell" was imminent. I then found myself staring dumbly--and numbly!--at the 65 K-star offer, and thinking, Oh 65 stars, ok...No! Wait, what?! What am I thinking?! Wake up and go to sleep! Heh. Half brain dead, skull pounding, I *still* stopped short and figured that one out immediately. That's just what I thought, soundspretty; limited brain function still told me the very same thing--ultimate Glu goal for us with a lousy return: Buy.More.Stars. Come on, Glu. I want the place. Has *anyone* here even bought it? Make me want to, Glu. It's super nice.... I see my doll in there.... But, oh...she's not there. Oh well.
    I'm going to buy the Sky restaurant at some point, probably not the Gym, unless it gets her off the street. But the places I love....

the Fashion House. 7 Stars a week if you work. And, they are 3 easy jobs. I designed a line 2 days ago KoKoKristmas Klothes. It's fun.

I love the Ice Club. It was nicer when it said the club name while gigging, but it's still very fun. I'm sorry I don't recall the Payout.

And, I love London's SCL. We thought it was useless for ever, then boom we got to change the manager, and do gigs for 3 stars a week.

Those are the 3 I like....beside SCHamptons, and SCLA. I like the easy cash for something I already bought. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary