Holiday Gift Boxes are here!

Comments

• krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Haven't seen a single item yet. It's really disappointing and I find it hard to believe the odds are still the same, even with the partnerships included.
  • ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    I had 1 Christmas item 2 days ago although of course I didn't choose it. Hopefully I'll pick up one or two before the end of the holidays, otherwise I shall cross my fingers to see them in a throwback box in the future.
    ****I play on ios****
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Hmmm third day in a row that there are no Holiday items in my palette... That makes it 4 days out of 5 that there were no items at all in my palette. Having a hard time staying positive...

I agree with you, Krystal, the odds are not the same as last year as the partnerships are now included.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    Same here.. Four days and not a single holiday item. Spent 60 stars and not even being close to getting any so far. :(
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Still haven't had a single holiday item in my daily gift box pallets. It's ridiculous that so many of us haven't even been given a shot at getting even ONE. Hard to stay optimistic that I'll be able to get these items if/when they do show up.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Day 5 without the sight of any holiday item in my whole pallete. I gave up on these boxes. It's very sad and disappointing how Glu handles this issue.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    kJJcnKG.gif?1
    lHJ2qNw.png?1

At least Miragio's tile decided to show up after a long absence one day after I got the last from Eleganza. I smell something fishy here too.:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • buffyslayergalbuffyslayergal Registered Users 27 Posts
    In five days I have only seen one holiday item, one time (I did not win it). My now one-off videos to earn K-stars either reward an energy bolt or nothing. If I try to change away from a new eye shadow I purchased and then put it back on, the game requires me to re-pay the 10 K-stars I already paid for it.

Glu is not a friend or family member or neighbour. We are allowed to be disappointed and even angry with their service, for which we pay considerably. I am pleased to see the number of folks on here committed to not buying additional boxes this December because that is the only kind of action they will respond to. If we all commit to not spend money on the game, they might actually have to respond to our concerns. I am tired of paying the price as Glu implements austerity measures to target the hackers; they keep hacking and keep getting everything, while I get less and less, and therefore enjoy the game less and less.

I have played and spent from the very beginning, but I will not spend another cent until these things are addressed. I encourage you all to do the same.

(I should also note that if this post gets deleted for my having an opinion, we have already lost.)
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I've not been seeing Christmas items in my boxes much either, but amazingly I actually got one today! And I won it, too - check it out:

IMG_0490.jpg

THE LIGHTS TWINKLE YOU GUYS!! XD It's hilarious and I love it.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    On the plus side I have never won so many partnership tiles... :rolleyes:

I'm definitely not paying to open any additional boxes. Like I said the first day I had two items in my palette and haven't seen anything since. I think Glu should suspend the partnership tiles for the time being so we have better chances.
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    If Glu says the probability hasn't changed from last year's, we'll accept that. But now, considering how bad it actually is, with people not seeing any items in 8 boxes since day 1, and I'm not even talking about winning here. I really think Glu should look into increasing the probability. We don't want another 2 weeks of disappointment :(
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    We can only be disappointed if we 'expect' to win. If you expect nothing, you won't be disappointed. I expect to get cash. If i get energy today or tomorrow, it helps do another party so I can strive for that TB. But, I don't have to see no bonus items in my boxes for a week, to tell me to lower my expectations.

I'm anxious to see the Holiday Event clothes. I'm sure they're spectacular, so Im focusing on that rather than the expectation of Holiday bonus items this year. Maybe there are a lot more people playing, and that is affecting the probablilty of a bonus item in the boxes?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    While I appreciate the attempt at positivity (I really do! I've followed the forum for a long time and you are always trying to frame things in a more positive light), you literally just recommended that everyone "expect nothing" from a game they pay for. Somehow we've all ended up here, constantly reducing our expectations. Glu has done the unthinkable, sustaining an app/game at this level for over 2 years, earning ~$200 million in the process--amazing! But they've managed to do that because of loyal players who they only ever treat as potential cheaters. Somehow they have yet to catch on that they do best (i.e. that people spend more) when people are getting more; when we get less, we spend less. If we had any evidence that we could win items in the Christmas boxes right now, I guarantee we would all be spending K-stars, and would therefore need to buy more K-stars. Instead, we're back to the savings economy that developed in the drought between the first throwback sale and the throwback events. People will and should only pay if they think the expense is worth it.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    We can only be disappointed if we 'expect' to win. If you expect nothing, you won't be disappointed. I expect to get cash. If i get energy today or tomorrow, it helps do another party so I can strive for that TB. But, I don't have to see no bonus items in my boxes for a week, to tell me to lower my expectations.
    While lowering expectations to a certain degree is often a good thing, we should not be required to lower them so much that a Kash reward (considered by many the "losing" prize) should be our standard expectation. And there is also the fact that I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) am less inclined to spend - and therefore buy - k-stars on these boxes, or anything else for that matter, if I am only expecting Kash. Kash is not worth k-stars to me, and if that's all I can hope for then I'm not spending another dime on this game. For some people money may not be an object, but for others even $10 is a lot to spend on a game.

Buffy is right, when we get more we spend more. If the chance of "winning" is greater, we are inclined to play more. But if the chance is near zero, there's not much point.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    I think if they're going to do something special for us, such as the holiday boxes, we should be given a fair chance to win those items. There's something wrong with the probability factor when people aren't even seeing holiday items. I didn't have any in my palette again today. Why even offer holiday items then?
    Thanks for appreciating my possitivity. For the most part I'm likely to be down first when faced with disappointment, then I just look at the situation rationally and try the best way to make peace with what might be unpleasant. I'm not telling anyone else to expect nothing. I'm saying that's my way of preserving sanity. So, I was just sharing how I deal with it. I still expect the best from people, but this is a game, a product and it's aim is to make money, and for whatever reason the prizes aren't as plentiful in the palettes as they were in previous years. So we asked about a glitch. No glitch. Bummer. Now comes, how to handle it.

So, I'm simply sharing what keeps me happy. It probably helps to be an overall positive happy person. I had an extremely unfortunate childhood and I made a serious effort to see past the bad and hold onto what's good. So, if sharing my 'here's how I look at it' approach helps one other member say, 'you know, I have another cute red dress I can wear for the Christmas card" then it was good to share. I'm also the first one there with tissues and a hug, for anyone who needs that to deal with Seasonal Disappointment. I'm not saying anyone is wrong to be upset, I'm just offering a different way of looking at it, one that doesn't make you feel bad. But. I'll kill for those skates. Nah, I'm just kidding. I don't expect them either. :)

Edited for possible misunderstanding: ok, I went back and saw I posted "if you expect nothing....." it wasn't a directive to expect nothing. It was a generalized postulation. I could have typed "I find that if I expect nothing, than I'm not disappointed" unless I'm wrong, saying the generalized 'you' in it's place. Maybe that was my error. so now you know.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Finally after days of not seeing any items, today I saw one and even won it! Here was the pallette
    Screenshot_20161213-173611_zpsdzuv2pfc_edit_1481647181819_zpssrjuxuda.jpeg
    And this is how I style them
    KKH_Screenshot_1481647059156_zpskalioyi6.jpg
    honestly I was rather disappointed that I didn't even have one item in my previous pallettes so today was quite surprising to find one!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
    I bought the third boxes the first day. After that I decided to cut my losses and took the gift box, then watched a video for the 2nd. and 2 was my limit. Today one game went right to buy another box after the 1 free box. For that game I did gamble, I gambled that buying a 2nd box wouldn't help because there weren't any Holiday Items. I was right, so I felt good that I held onto my stars. That was my winning strategy. :)
    While you may feel I'm urging you to lower expectations, you certainly can't say I'm urging you to buy more boxes to increase your chances. lol.

I'm putting all my hopes in the Event Items.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Sil5678 wrote: Β»
    Finally after days of not seeing any items, today I saw one and even won it! Here was the pallette
    Screenshot_20161213-173611_zpsdzuv2pfc_edit_1481647181819_zpssrjuxuda.jpeg
    And this is how I style them
    KKH_Screenshot_1481647059156_zpskalioyi6.jpg
    honestly I was rather disappointed that I didn't even have one item in my previous pallettes so today was quite surprising to find one!

Congratulations. Awesome win, you look great with them. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    All understood, and you make an important point: it's only a game. Which also means it's only a game that I can quit at any time, and probably should because I am tired of feeling so frustrated so often. I am tired of constantly having to defend to Glu what I think is reasonable (e.g. I am well aware that Fyber is responsible for the videos, but they did not magically appear as a part of the game; Glu has an agreement with them, and therefore needs to take responsibility for any complaints!), but I always have the option to give up. It feels a bit absurd to put this much effort into paying for pixels and yet always being disappointed in them.

All of which is to say: my comments should not have in any way been directed at you. My frustration is with Glu. Of course everyone should be able to approach the game however they would like! I think a part of me just feels we might actually get somewhere with collective action (then again, there's that $4K gift box petition...).
    I'm so dumb. I thought the skates were wearable and I was trying to figure out how that would even work/look lol
    Thank you Koko for me this win was a boost of hope to find the items sooner or later :)
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Doll's name Sylvia
    I'm so dumb. I thought the skates were wearable and I was trying to figure out how that would even work/look lol
    Ahahahahahaha don't worry I thought that too! When I saw in the wardrobe that they were under the accessories I was like "whatthe...?"
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Doll's name Sylvia
    Aww, I didn't take offence. I have said many times, I'm so freaking cheerful I gag myself sometimes. lol. The game is like a mountain range, Peaks and valleys. It can disappoint you one minute, then like Sappho, you pick just the right box and boom...you're rocking that cute little red dress with the white fake fur jacket. (howd I do?)

*sidetrack: the other day after the heated discussion of fur in the game or not, I said my dolls wear the clothes but they're fake fur, and to defend the good looking fake fur, I think I posted a pic of a fake fur coat PuterHead's company makes. So I went looking around their catalogue, found one I liked and sent him the picture. So I'm taking my own advice and I'll be rocking a fake fur in no time. lol.

But buffy, I hope you don't leave, We'd love to get to know you better. I just hate to see players down over the game. I do it myself, but I still hate to see friends feeling bad.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    Yay, congrats Sappho and Sil5678!! You two look great!!
    Oh and I love that the lights twinkle!!!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • bwalshbwalsh Registered Users 12 Posts
    Thanks Koko for the welcome and positive words. I am still very excited for the christmas event and i'm trying to put things in perspective but now another day goes by without a single item so it gets a bit hard again.

It's nice to see some people getting stuff now though that definitely helps keep me hopeful to at least get something in my two free boxes. I really don't get why glu wouldn't try to fix their formula at this point. I'm sure a lot more of us would be spending k-stars to open boxes even if we saw just one item a day (or every other day).
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    There's no holiday item in my palette again. What the hell?
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I didn't have any Christmas items in my palettes for the last three days either. Although today I did manage to win 10 K stars.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Nothing for Xan again, or ever. :mad:
    PM to add
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    "The Nightmare Before Christmas" before:
    The_Nightmare_Before_Christmas_1920x1200_Toons_Wa.jpg

"The Nightmare Before Christmas" now:
    Screenshot_2016_12_13_13_24_08.png

Maybe I can believe that the possibilities of finding a holiday item didn't change from last year's, glu, maybe... but obviously the partnerships are affecting something, why not take them away until this is over?
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here