Weekend Event 12/16/2016 - Winter Wonderland - WWWTWWB

Comments

• MinjiMinji Registered Users 283 Posts
    I was rreeeallyy hoping for xmas/winter stuff but I guess not
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I love the white top, silver(?) shoes and the skirt. And of course, all those items are GB items again. tumblr_inline_mtbpb8lkin1qid2nw.gif
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    I like the red shoes and the black dress is not too bad either. I don't care for anything in the GB, so I'm not going to chase for that. I think I'll buy the pets that I need and that's it. I'm not sure if I'm going to go for the black dress or not.

I do not like the hair. It reminds me of when I was in elementary school (really showing my age here) and we would do our hair like that and do girl face drawings with that hair. I'm kind of laughing about this.

The SMC isn't my style. Why couldn't they separate the coat?

And what about next weekend? I wish that had been a VIP. I'm flying back to NY via Helsinki (for some strange reason as an overnight layover) and I'll have very little time to grind. Oh, and I'll need to cook Xmas dinner for family when I arrive.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    zitrone wrote: Β»
    I like the red shoes and the black dress is not too bad either. I don't care for anything in the GB, so I'm not going to chase for that. I think I'll buy the pets that I need and that's it. I'm not sure if I'm going to go for the black dress or not.

I do not like the hair. It reminds me of when I was in elementary school (really showing my age here) and we would do our hair like that and do girl face drawings with that hair. I'm kind of laughing about this.

The SMC isn't my style. Why couldn't they separate the coat?

And what about next weekend? I wish that had been a VIP. I'm flying back to NY via Helsinki (for some strange reason as an overnight layover) and I'll have very little time to grind. Oh, and I'll need to cook Xmas dinner for family when I arrive.

I agree with you. I'll probably get the dress, but only because I'll be spending on eyes, hair color, and a few poses. lol At the hair reminder. Whenever I tried to get my ponytail that high my mother always said I looked like I was trying to be a cheerleader.

And yeah, I figured next weekend would be VIP with the holidays and all. Hopefully whatever it is, it'll be easy and they'll give us an extra day or so. Now if you'll pardon me, I'm gonna go think about Finnish licorice!
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I will never understand the logic behind when Glu gives us items. Most of the summer, they were giving us bulkier fall/winter items. Here we are in mid-December and our girls options are almost nude. My guy doll has sweaters and awesome Rudolph slippers and my girl dolls has slinky high heels and outfits so skimpy they make me blush. It's frustrating.

This is the first time in two years of playing that I don't want even one of the girl's VIP gift box items. I like the earnable shoes & hair but I don't love them so I'm not sure what I will do for Dixie this weekend. Oh - the shop my closet! I'm not spending $9.99 for a hairstyle with a ball cap on it. I already have a couple ball cap hairstyles in my closet and never wear them.

As for my male doll, I LOVE the gift box sweater and slippers and I like the hair. I think the necklace is odd. For the earnables, the sweater is ok but doesn't inspire me to spend precious GC.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi Holly, we have another thread, about ios games appearing frozen, and like quite a few others, you haven't changed clothes in my game in a while. You're wearing the short black/charcoal grey asymmetrical hem dress, and the silver pair of gladiator sandal boots. We have a thread here, and glu is investigating. ;( But it's nice to see you here. Merry Christmas!

rockettes.gif
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    Hi Holly, we have another thread, about ios games appearing frozen, and like quite a few others, you haven't changed clothes in my game in a while. You're wearing the short black/charcoal grey asymmetrical hem dress, and the silver pair of gladiator sandal boots. We have a thread here, and glu is investigating. ;( But it's nice to see you here. Merry Christmas!

Thanks for letting me know. I went there and posted.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • wolfandbutler2wolfandbutler2 Registered Users 351 Posts
    I loooove the earnables! Yay for earnable hair! Can't wait to go nuts and buy all the different makeup customisations and hair colours :D

Gift box items I'm not as excited about and won't be chasing anything, but that's okay, it means I won't waste my kstars and can spend more on the customisations I want!

And yes Dixie has been frozen in my game for some time, which is upsetting because I always love seeing her style!
    GC: wolfandbutler2 /// IG: wolfandbutler.kkh
    Wolfe, you're frozen to me as well. Lovely outfit, the sheer beaded and feathers on the bottom in a peachy color, but frozen nonetheless. I'm frozen too.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    had my energy full andddd started a party instead of a reality show :rolleyes:

bought the lighter red hair which got me the box and the shoes. only opened my one box and got the bra top. depending on how many reality shows i can do, I may in fact chase the hair after all (I'm loving all the hair in this lighter shade!). we're getting some pretty cold weather on Sunday so maybe I'll sit at home, watch football, and tap like the wind!
    IOS

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: Β»
    had my energy full andddd started a party instead of a reality show :rolleyes:

bought the lighter red hair which got me the box and the shoes. only opened my one box and got the bra top. depending on how many reality shows i can do, I may in fact chase the hair after all (I'm loving all the hair in this lighter shade!). we're getting some pretty cold weather on Sunday so maybe I'll sit at home, watch football, and tap like the wind!
    I did the exact same thing! Ugh, I hate parties....
    I bought the restaurant thing and the chef... I liked the look of it and the gigs don't take up too much energy so I think it's a pretty good investment.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I got f^cking 4000ka$h in my box. Nothing more can make me this disappointed. T_T Not really a good way to start the weekend :(:(:(
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I think I'm going to buy the new makeup options, I love two of them so much but they are so expensive! Maybe also the hair that we got with the update and some clothing but I'm not sure because I have to buy k stars for all the things that I want πŸ˜†
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
    Lii wrote: Β»
    I did the exact same thing! Ugh, I hate parties....
    I bought the restaurant thing and the chef... I liked the look of it and the gigs don't take up too much energy so I think it's a pretty good investment.

Oh good idea, I forgot about that. I have to yet to buy San Diego's Chic and Paris' fashion house, but I don't have the kash to furnish those anyhow.

Do buying an extra daily gift box count towards this weekend? Maybe I can get 2 kash choices lol
    IOS

• KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I bought the gym and got the skirt in my free box. Aaaand now I'm done with this event, don't like any of the items, just wanted to get the gym (I hope it won't be useless).
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: Β»
    Oh good idea, I forgot about that. I have to yet to buy San Diego's Chic and Paris' fashion house, but I don't have the kash to furnish those anyhow.

Do buying an extra daily gift box count towards this weekend? Maybe I can get 2 kash choices lol
    I'd put So Chic SAN Diego last, it's definitely the worst of all of them.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I spent 70 Kstars to reach the red shoes and got the transparent shoes in my free gift box. I didn't really like them at first, but now they are growing on me :)

FtMIHlW.png
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congrats on the shoes Cherrey, they're cute!

YASSSSSSSSSSSS!
    bGn5zRZ.png?1

I'm so happy that I got the hair on my second box! Seriously I'm definitely not a luck guy when come to boxes you know nor am experient on chasing items, but this year the few times I tried to chase something I didn't need to go much further than 3 or 4 boxes!!!

Got the k-stars from the free box and went ahead for the second. I almost picked a third box, the exact one where the Rudolph's slippers (as Holly cleverly named it!) that I want so much were, but I was afraid and wanted to take a look on how the palette was organized.

All items were there this time. I still gonna go for the slippers (the nose blinks yay!), would love to see other guys' palettes to decide how to proceed. My guts are telling me to go for the same box it was before, but some more help would be gladly accepted here.;)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Kathyz08Kathyz08 Registered Users 14 Posts
    Does anyone know for the earnable items that you have to spend it on like hair and makeup and clothes? Can buying houses/ other k star things also count toward these items?
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I am a little disappointed that the men are getting Christmas items and the women aren't - I hope this starts soon for us! So far I've bought jeans, top, few poses, and new lips... still about 200 to spend before I get to the hair, but I think I will have a little break until my daily box is ready.
    Kathyz08 wrote: Β»
    Does anyone know for the earnable items that you have to spend it on like hair and makeup and clothes? Can buying houses/ other k star things also count toward these items?

You can spend kstars on anything in the game and they will count towards the earnables!
    β™‘ iOS (level 64 A+++) β™‘
    β™”Β Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkhΒ β™”
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I discovered that wearing the light up Christmas sweater has some... interesting effects. XD Though strangely not on that third one, for some reason.

IMG_0511.jpg
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • NoblestRomanaNoblestRomana Registered Users 36 Posts
    tumblr_oia7ihiBLp1rm0g48o1_400.png

Ok, just bad luck.

tumblr_oia7ihiBLp1rm0g48o2_400.png

Nope, half the boxes are cash. How is that fair? I don't mind having 1 cash box, yeah sometimes you have to risk it and get a bad price. But 4 out of the 8? Come on Glu either remove the cash boxes or make them less expensive to open. 40kstars aren't cheap.
    Next question....does anyone know if I buy clothes for my NPC, and then marry a different NPC next time, do the clothes I bought stay with me, or my NPC husband? So, if I dump a boatload of resources into styling my new man because the glu update lost my hubby of 2 year, and find a cuter NPC to marry next....will the gifts switch over to my new husband?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Next question....does anyone know if I buy clothes for my NPC, and then marry a different NPC next time, do the clothes I bought stay with me, or my NPC husband? So, if I dump a boatload of resources into styling my new man because the glu update lost my hubby of 2 year, and find a cuter NPC to marry next....will the gifts switch over to my new husband?

Unfortunately they don't transfer over.
    Thanks Krystal. I'm just paying cash for him. lol. He's not my ultimate. Although.......lookie. Lookie. Lookie Look Look Look.

File_Dec_16_10_18_51_AM.jpg

I got so excited, I didn't do a screenshot. The skates, the sparkly shoes and this.......ma Dress!

Let's do a happy dance.

(all three items were in the palette....I just got so crazy after the dress, I just hit boxes for the other 2. Lol. Skates and shoes tomorrow. Fingers crossed
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Vats wrote: Β»
    Congrats on the shoes Cherrey, they're cute!

YASSSSSSSSSSSS!
    bGn5zRZ.png?1

I'm so happy that I got the hair on my second box! Seriously I'm definitely not a luck guy when come to boxes you know nor am experient on chasing items, but this year the few times I tried to chase something I didn't need to go much further than 3 or 4 boxes!!!

Got the k-stars from the free box and went ahead for the second. I almost picked a third box, the exact one where the Rudolph's slippers (as Holly cleverly named it!) that I want so much were, but I was afraid and wanted to take a look on how the palette was organized.

All items were there this time. I still gonna go for the slippers (the nose blinks yay!), would love to see other guys' palettes to decide how to proceed. My guts are telling me to go for the same box it was before, but some more help would be gladly accepted here.;)

Vats, I'm so happy for you! Congrats :) and good luck with the slippers
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Thanks Krystal. I'm just paying cash for him. lol. He's not my ultimate. Although.......lookie. Lookie. Lookie Look Look Look.

File_Dec_16_10_18_51_AM.jpg

I got so excited, I didn't do a screenshot. The skates, the sparkly shoes and this.......ma Dress!

Congrats koko! Your doll looks great :D those shoes are just perfect for that dress
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Sappho wrote: Β»
    I discovered that wearing the light up Christmas sweater has some... interesting effects.

I shared this issue with the team and we'll look into it!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    Can't wait to open my boxes! I think I'll chase the slippers. I would seriously regret it if I didn't! Congrats, buddy Vats on the hair! I hope the slippers are soon to follow! I'm gonna try to wait until more people post their palettes. :D
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    NO WAY!
    OqvIT6i.png?1

I went ahead and picked the same box where the slippers popped up earlier and I got them on the first try! I'm beyond happy this weekend!:D

I remember that this happened in the past. I know that there isn't a recipe to pick boxes, but this strategy works pretty well in my game.

Vats, I'm so happy for you! Congrats :) and good luck with the slippers

Thanks dear your well wishes definitely help me to achieve that.
    Can't wait to open my boxes! I think I'll chase the slippers. I would seriously regret it if I didn't! Congrats, buddy Vats on the hair! I hope the slippers are soon to follow! I'm gonna try to wait until more people post their palettes. :D

Well buddy I'd say that box 4 is a safe bet lol
    Sappho wrote: Β»
    I discovered that wearing the light up Christmas sweater has some... interesting effects. XD Though strangely not on that third one, for some reason.

IMG_0511.jpg

This is so cool Sapho! A funny bug for sure. I found out another bug in my game today. I need to take screenshots and publish them on the 6.0 thread to Kalinda be able to pass the info to the development team, but I'm lazy.

Happy Friday y'all!

#felixfelicis
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!