Holiday Gift Boxes are here!

Comments

• VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Sorry Cherrey, but yeah don't lose hope. I didn't want to say anything yesterday before checking my boxes today and yeah finally the items started to pop up! Thanks Glu!
    r0VThBR.png?1

Got the kash first, however the game gave me the option to open a second box by watching a video (wow that's really rare to me, even when this was a thing to everybody, didn't used to happen often to me) and then I got the tattoo!

This is the first time I see those gray shoes and yeah now I have a goal with the Holiday boxes!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I don't know if this is a glitch only affecting me, but I haven't gotten a daily holiday gift box in like 3 days...
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    yesterday at 9:08 I snapped a shot of my pitiful Daily GIft Box. Today it is 9:11 and no box for me? :(
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Yes!!! Finally got a christmas item :D the green purse. And my paletette actually had two more items in it! THANKS GLU
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    Look at my palette!! Day 8!!
    The first day I have Christmas items in my palette and there were 6 items in one palette!!
    My wish come true and didn't have to wait until Christmas Day!

IMG_4236.jpg
    Thank you GLU! Thanks Kalinda for bringing our concerns to your team!!
    Jon has to come out to greet one of his favorite moderators with the sparkling top and shinning nose slippers he won. He is kind of shy. Brb...

IMG_0282.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    OOOOps. I posted mine in the wrong thread. In my excitement, I forgot to take a pic. The dress was in my usual, my next 2 got cash BUT....there were 3 items in the palette. AppleP is very happy.

File_Dec_16_10_18_51_AM.jpg

Angeline, I love the slippers Jon won. Does the nose glow?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    It does, koko.
    Congrats on winning that Christmas dress! I hope to win that soon. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Z got nothing today. cash, cash and oh yeah cash. :( I missed the hair and the fuzzy boots. :( Poor little Z. Smallest screen, no helicopter. Married to her sister. Today she feels defeated. :(

20161216_111026.png

Kat has her palette this afternoon. ANd Z, you better start picking better Doll. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    *waves* Hi Jon!

Thank you GLU! Thanks Kalinda for bringing our concerns to your team!!
    Jon has to come out to greet one of his favorite moderators with the sparkling top and shinning nose slippers he won. He is kind of shy. Brb...

IMG_0282.jpg
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • bwalshbwalsh Registered Users 12 Posts
    Congrats to everyone winning!!! Apparently my luck is just terrible cus there were still no holiday items in my boxes but at least I won 13 k-stars so I only lost really lost 2 opening another box.
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I won the skates and the purse, and there was one other item in my boxes. Yay! I really like that Glu occasionally comes up with accessories that aren't just shoes, purses or jewelry.
    *waves* Hi Jon!

IMG_0284.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Ok, so I haven't gotten a daily gift box in 4 days.. is this happening to anyone else?
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    While I appreciate the attempt at positivity (I really do! I've followed the forum for a long time and you are always trying to frame things in a more positive light), you literally just recommended that everyone "expect nothing" from a game they pay for. Somehow we've all ended up here, constantly reducing our expectations. Glu has done the unthinkable, sustaining an app/game at this level for over 2 years, earning ~$200 million in the process--amazing! But they've managed to do that because of loyal players who they only ever treat as potential cheaters. Somehow they have yet to catch on that they do best (i.e. that people spend more) when people are getting more; when we get less, we spend less. If we had any evidence that we could win items in the Christmas boxes right now, I guarantee we would all be spending K-stars, and would therefore need to buy more K-stars. Instead, we're back to the savings economy that developed in the drought between the first throwback sale and the throwback events. People will and should only pay if they think the expense is worth it.

This post was really eloquently stated, buffyslayergal. I've written about Glu's business practices in the past, but the problem is this: People tend to think Glu loses money when the cheaters play. It's not really true. The majority of the hackers are younger kids with no disposable income to speak of. They aren't really hurting the game's economy and they wouldn't be contributing to Glu's profits anyway (maybe something negligible, at best).

You are exactly right in stating that when Glu treats its loyal customers better, they spend more. This is the exact pattern for me. When I notice the odds of the gift boxes have gone down in my game, I assume they've tweaked the algorithm to sort of gyp (I know this is no longer a PC term, but I'm struggling for a better one, aside from 'cheat') the consumer, and I stop spending until I notice that the odds have increased in my boxes again. When Glu treats me well, I'm happy to spend my money on the game that I enjoy so much.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Now, my previous post being stated and all, I am beyond thrilled that Kalinda has brought our concerns directly to the team, and that they listened to us/her. I think it is amazing that we have this finger on the pulse on the game in the form of our new moderators, and that they listen to our concerns, and don't just write them off. Despite occasional frustrations, it makes me excited to play.

Oh, guys. And after seven days with nary a Christmas item in sight in my daily boxes, today this happened.

GI9G93I.jpg

I'm over the moon.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I finally got some good boxes, too!

NBJ9hjb.png?1

mBXC4EH.jpg
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • LenabeeLenabee Registered Users 9 Posts
    Yup the boxes are looking really good now! Congrats to those of you that have opened some holiday boxes and gotten the holiday outfits :) I opened the one right next to the sweater today but oh well, I've been pretty lucky so far, it has to run out at some point.
    Instagram: astrakkh
    iOS Doll: Astra
    Reality Show: Astranomical (Top 500)
    Spouse: Benjamin King (Top 10)
    Ok, so I haven't gotten a daily gift box in 4 days.. is this happening to anyone else?
    Ok update: finally got a holiday giftbox today. But I swear I'm not crazy and really didnt get one for like 3 days.
    IMG_3372_zpsslpc7yhp.jpeg
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    ff3jvs.jpg

I opened my first box and got a partnership. Watched a video and got kash. I figured what the hell, it's a VIP, I'll buy a box and voila! The hair, my first holiday item. I also saw the skates.

Looking at this pic, I think my skirt needs to move with my pose some.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    edited December 2018
    Oh wow Everly, those are such great items, congrats!!!
    And Vats, congrats on winning the tattoo and sweater!!
    Yay you got the hair, Kayla!! You look stunning!

I won the sparkly shoes today that go perfect with my green sparkly dress of two years ago!! The red dress was also in one of the boxes but I did not pick it.

Edited to add: OMG I just read back a few post but there are so many that won items!! Congrats to everyone!!!

editby Koko: fixed the picture. Old postimage pics have been changed to postimage.cc/ instead of .org
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Oh wow Thanks Kalinda/Glu for making Christmas in KKH actually happen!

I saw 3 Christmas items in both my games yesterday! I got the gorgeous hair for Xan, and the twinkling sweater for Jax, I was super super happy! I knew something changed because it was the first time I saw Christmas items for Xan, and many were in them! I can't post a picture because I'm on a trip and this wifi doesn't load imgur for some reasons, but I dressed Xan in the hair and bought the light pink dye, super cute!! I also bought the light pink lipstick, I just think we need a pastel/baby pink dress in future because I looked through my wardrobe and we definitely don't have one.

Congrats everyone!
    PM to add
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    So my palette last night wasn't as good as the one before, but I had such a lucky pick! I was completely distracted while opening boxes and just randomly tapped somewhere and....
    7u8XASh.jpg

I mean not just the hair, even with the Kash I at least got the largest amount possible.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Yay my pallette was good! I got the purse which are very beautiful! There were also the shoes but I didn't pick them!

Screenshot_20161217-142645_zpsttccttkn_edit_1481981711314_zpsrbmi7sva.jpeg
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    ff3jvs.jpg

Kayla I love this new hair colour for you! I remember you said it looks more like your RL colour :o

Vatsy you are having the best box luck I've ever seen for you!!! Congrats on the "Jesus" hair and all the other goodies. Please touch my arm and give me some luck too ;)

Linda you're right, those shoes match that dress perfectly, congrats! ;) And a genuine congrats to everyone else getting lovely Chistmas items :D

I am resigning myself (again) to the fact that I have no luck or giftbox intuition LOL, but at least there are now items in the daily boxes and there's still a chance (I'll have to get someone else to pick my boxes for me I guess LOL)

image_zpsiezabl68.png
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Congrats to everyone! So cool to see that the mood now changed for what it always should be here!

I didn't got anything special today, but there was lot of stuff in my set at least.
    2oQt5Ut.png?1
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • buffyslayergalbuffyslayergal Registered Users 27 Posts
    It took a few days but I can finally join in the celebration: this morning there were FIVE holiday items in my daily gift box, and I won TWO of them (the sweater and the purse)! I've still got my sights set on the others (I don't think there's a single item I'm not hoping to get--I used to figure skate so definitely want the skates, and I love the sparkly shoes, hair, dress and even the new boots!) but for now I am just happy to see the turnaround. Thanks to Glu for listening, and to everyone for their supportive comments. And best of luck with the boxes moving forward! I look forward to hearing about all of your successes.

I guess I can also celebrate more officially joining the forum after years of playing and a long while reading without posting (sorry!). Would love to continue to connect with players on here, on IG and in the game, if anyone is interested in adding me. :)
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Here is my palette from yesterday! I got really busy and just didn't have time to post.

It was another great palette for me, and I got the purse! This was one of the items that I wanted the most! Now I'm hoping for the skates (please!), the dress, and the hair!

IMG_1142.png
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Congrats everyone!! I'm so happy Glu increased the winning chances!!

I updated the guys' items:

IMG_3139.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • bwalshbwalsh Registered Users 12 Posts
    lOg22is.jpg

Finally things are looking way up!!! Got the hair in my second box and saw two more items! The hair is so cute on my doll I'm so happy. I hope I posted the image right!
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    I won 12 kstars today, I'm more than ok with that there's plenty of more days to win holiday items. I saw the sparkly shoes in my palette too
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here