Game doesn't open?

deirdredeirdre Registered Users 29 Posts
Hi there, I was playing a couple days ago and exited the game, and when I came back, the game went to the loading screen and then crashed. That's all its done since then: every time I try to open it, it goes to the loading screen, and then crashes after a few seconds. I'm running the newest version of the game on my iPhone.
Should I uninstall?
Thanks!
GC: deirdre98

Comments

• deirdredeirdre Registered Users 29 Posts
    Does anyone have any advice? It just crashes after being stuck loading for a few seconds. It's bumming me out a lot as I've played since the game started and just bought a bunch of stuff in it :( I don't want to lose all my progress.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Hi. Sorry I missed this last night, I see GC in your signature, so that's Apple and that's good. The trouble with uninstalling, is you always run the risk of either starting from scratch, or going back a few levels. It all depends on the latest save to to the iCloud.

Honestly, I would contact Apple, tell them what's happening, ask if they can help you back up to itunes. and then if you have a good save, it should be a piece of cake. Here's a stupid question - is there an old iphone or tablet, ipod any apple product you can try to bring the game up on, but since your game isn't 'open' you still run the risk of overwrting. (Pardon me I'm just thinking out loud spitting out possibilities) Do you have time to sit with Apple Support chat? That's how I do everything with them. Because it's chat, I've got their instructions written right there as they tell me what to do.

First thing with Apple, you have to get to a "Senior Apple Chat Representative" Explain your game won't open and you need them to help you try to save via itunes. Be super nice in your chat, thank them for their time, it was going to ruin your Christmas, etc. If they ask if you were saving to the server, say "it was so long ago I set it up, I really don't know if I was saving or not. You just assumed your game would always be there" If they can help you then it's like having a brain surgeon with you during the operation.

If Apple support is not an option for you, there is always a chance that you were properly saving to the cloud, and it will be a smooth uninstall, reinstall.

My whole hesitation, is that whenever I've done an uninstall/reinstall I always had the game up and running on a spare device while I worked on my actual device. They have all gone smoothly but the insurance of having my game open and working on another device did give me confidence.

If all is lost, and you can't bring up your game, if you made purchases in the StarShop (If you bought stars, or bought cash in the game) those resources can be restored by customer care.

So, think about it, think about an old device you can wipe and use to 'hold the game' , apple chat and saving to itunes, or justi winging it like so many with a stronger heart than me.

I'm so sorry this is happening Diedre. (my gut says a simple uninstall reinstall will fix it - but if it won't come up, you could be burying the game data a few levels down, at which point you'd have to ask Apple for help.

As always, if anyone else has any advice, we're all ears.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hey Koko,
    Thanks so much for the detailed response. I took your advice and tried the following, and it actually worked! I have my game back and it has no data loss. Woohoo!
    I went into the icloud settings on my phone, made sure icloud drive was turned on, and made sure that it showed the kardashian app had cloud saving turned on, and refreshed it so that it was a fresh save. Then I backed up my device to my computer just to be safe, and once that was finished I uninstalled the kardashian app and reinstalled it. When I first opened it, it took me straight to customize, but after hitting the home button and clicking on the app again, it asked me if I wanted to use my icloud save. I said yes and I got my game back!
    I hope these steps might help anybody who has a similar problem in the future.
    Happy Holidays!
    I'm so glad to hear this. Merry Christmas Deirdre. :) Enjoy the game.

CP37.gif
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Okay, since I fixed it yesterday the game has started crashing twice. Once this morning, and I fixed it the same way I did earlier except I lost a little progress and a purchase that isn't restoring, and just now it happened again. This is really frustrating :( This morning it happened when I was trying to enter So Chic London, and just now it happened when I started a reality show. The game just doesn't get past the loading screen. This is so frustrating, I've put so much time and money into this game and it keeps breaking.
    Ok, can you send a ticket into customer care? I'm sorry this happened. And make sure you have copied and saved your Hollywood ID number. (DOn't post it here just keep it for your own safety.) You might want to google around to see what could be causing the poor performance. Good luck, fingers crossed fro you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary