Apple Watch

MegaudcMegaudc Registered Users 6 Posts
I just got an Apple Watch for Christmas (so excited!) and can't get it to sync with the Kim K app -- any ideas?
I've spent real money on the game, so I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall if i don't have to. Maybe restart the game?

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Congratulations. Since it's Apple, my first reaction is always support chat with Apple. But, since you have you game on your ipad? Your iPhone? I'm usually very confident uninstalling and reinstalling, as long as the game is up and running on the other device. That way you see that you lose nothing.

I just burned my hand, making cranberry sauce, so I can't type well. Are you comfortable support chatting with Apple? THey help me out so many times. THey are your best bet in my opinion. (And chat, because if you just spoke with them, you don't have their instructions to scroll back up to. That's why I always do the IM Chat with them) GOod luck, and congratulations.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MegaudcMegaudc Registered Users 6 Posts
    Thanks very much! I'll give them a try after Christmas dinner... I've only just started playing KKH so I'm so excited!
    I spoke to Apple and it's a developer/glu issue. Does anyone else play this with an Apple Watch (could it be an iOS update issue? Like, are other people having this problem?)
    Yours is the first question I've seen about this, maybe we'll find something about it tomorrow, but in the meantime, why not submit a ticket to customer care asking them how to sync it? Plus, to be honest, I've never heard an apple support person saying that. I've heard it from Google. Did your other apps all sync without issue? Unless someone else has experience with that, I'm afraid customer care is the way to go, unless you want to try apple chat again tomorrow. Maybe skeleton staff? In this case, I'd say I realize it's not your job, but since it IS an apple watch, who better to tell me how to sync my apps? It's worth a shot, and good luck with customer care. Hope this resolves shortly for you. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • QueenSukiiQueenSukii Registered Users 120 Posts
    I wanted to start a thread for this but I couldn't remember my login! I made a support ticket and they said something about not recommending playing on two devices.
    GC: QueenSukii
    Instagram: @QueenSukii
    iPhone 8 iOS 11.1
    So they support playing the game solely on the watch? I do know know they don't advise cross play over multiple devices because you can lose data, may go down a bit, restore to a previous save...

But for anyone playing on an Apple Watch can you share your experiences for Megan, Queen Sukii and the rest of us?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    This is what support said. "Playing Kim Kardashian: Hollywood on multiple devices may create sync issues and cause game progress loss. To avoid this please play the game only on one device. Also, please note that the game progress lost cannot be recovered."

But the watch app only shows how much energy you have, how many projects total, and how many you have in progress. It doesn't update at all, mine at least. I wrote back that I'm only playing on my iPhone but no one has responded yet.
    iPhone 8 iOS 11.1
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    I have an Apple Watch and play the game on both my iPad and iPhone. If you want the game to sync with the watch play on the iPhone towards the end of your play session. You'll get a notification on your watch when your energy is full.
    Kupkakez_ wrote: »
    I have an Apple Watch and play the game on both my iPad and iPhone. If you want the game to sync with the watch play on the iPhone towards the end of your play session. You'll get a notification on your watch when your energy is full.

Idk if Megan is the same, but I don't mean notifications. I get those when my energy is "full" (my energy is at 39 max but it tells me I'm full at the standard 37.) , 10 minutes left, etc. I'm talking about the actual KKH Apple Watch app. Maybe we're confusing people?
    iPhone 8 iOS 11.1
  • Kupkakez_Kupkakez_ Registered Users 310 Posts
    QueenSukii wrote: »
    Idk if Megan is the same, but I don't mean notifications. I get those when my energy is "full" (my energy is at 39 max but it tells me I'm full at the standard 37.) , 10 minutes left, etc. I'm talking about the actual KKH Apple Watch app. Maybe we're confusing people?

It's just a companion app. You cannot actually play the game on the watch.
    Kupkakez_ wrote: »
    It's just a companion app. You cannot actually play the game on the watch.

I know this seeing as how I have an Apple Watch with the app installed. It doesn't do anything at all. I wish I could upload a screenshot or something.
    iPhone 8 iOS 11.1
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Once you have paired your device with the Apple Watch, launch the My Watch app. Scroll down the list of apps until you see Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and then toggle the sync option to on.

Then, you can see how much energy you have and the remaining time in your gigs.

Enjoy your new Apple Watch!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Once you have paired your device with the Apple Watch, launch the My Watch app. Scroll down the list of apps until you see Kim Kardashian: Hollywood and then toggle the sync option to on.

Then, you can see how much energy you have and the remaining time in your gigs.

Enjoy your new Apple Watch!

Thanks, I've tried this and it hasn't worked. Glu Support just said they don't support the companion app anymore