Body Shape Changes? Discuss ;)

Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
~I moved these posts over from the waiting for the update thread to it's own. Great topic, but it's pretty sure not to happen in the After 6.0 update. Also, be sure to post bullet point suggestions for this in the suggestion thread if you haven't already. Thanks. - Koko

I don't know why, but I've always wanted 'body shapes' to be introduced to the game. I think it's really un-natural that every doll looks absolutely same when it comes to physique.. it just gives the wrong picture.

I know, this would be hard to accomplish, as they'd have to make some changes to clothing aswell.. but I think it would be a really nice feature. I always wanted my doll to be a little more 'curvy', and this would just make my life so much easier.

It would also be a great addition for guys aswell, I know a lot of users complained about guys being too skinny and stuff like that. It'd be nice to see muscular guys in such game for once.

Comments

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Lana~ wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I've always wanted 'body shapes' to be introduced to the game. I think it's really un-natural that every doll looks absolutely same when it comes to physique.. it just gives the wrong picture.

I know, this would be hard to accomplish, as they'd have to make some changes to clothing aswell.. but I think it would be a really nice feature. I always wanted my doll to be a little more 'curvy', and this would just make my life so much easier.

It would also be a great addition for guys aswell, I know a lot of users complained about guys being too skinny and stuff like that. It'd be nice to see muscular guys in such game for once.

I have noticed that some dresses are "curvier" than others. I know that isn't what you mean, but I have always wondered if they created some outfits to provide a different body shape, in a way. In some cases, my doll loses several inches at her waist depending on the dress.
  • Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I have noticed that some dresses are "curvier" than others. I know that isn't what you mean, but I have always wondered if they created some outfits to provide a different body shape, in a way. In some cases, my doll loses several inches at her waist depending on the dress.
    Yeah, there are some dresses which make curves a lot more visible, but I.. kinda want it to be a regular thing, you know? Like, you can choose if you want your doll to be super skinny (I know 'tumblr girls' are really going to enjoy that), curvy or somewhat 'chubby'. It would make things a lot more.. realistic.
    Same goes for guys, they can choose to be skinny, muscular or pack a couple extra pounds on their belly.

Hopefully they do something about it. It would really be game-changing, in a very, very positive way. And after the HUGE ammount of good changes we recently had, I'll keep my hopes up!
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh no please no!

I'm a skinny b!tch and want to be that way forever!:p

It was already super difficult to deal with all the face changes *sigh*

I get it that it's a poor representation of the reality and everybody should be feel represented in the game, but we start as a model that's the story is about.

And by model I mean top models, not fitness,plus size or any other kind of models. We could be taller though.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Vats wrote: »
    Oh no please no!

I'm a skinny b!tch and want to be that way forever!:p

It was already super difficult to deal with all the face changes *sigh*

I get it that it's a poor representation of the reality and everybody should be feel represented in the game, but we start as a model that's the story is about.

And by model I mean top models, not fitness,plus size or any other kind of models. We could be taller though.
    I totally get where you're coming from. We are models, but there is also a variety of NPCs out there who have nothing to do with modelling industry, and yet they still look like top-class celebs. I want it to be 'global' feature in KK:H, it would just make things so much more entertaining.

Honestly, I'd love my husband to actually be taller than me. My doll, Hayley, is not only taller, but she also looks a lot more 'badass' than her baby-faced hubby Liam.

It's realistic, and it'd also be completely optional. You can stay a skinny b!tch forever, but at least you'll be a better looking, taller catch next to your girlfriend. And for once, my husband will actually be 'macho'. :o:rolleyes:
    Lana~ wrote: »
    I totally get where you're coming from. We are models, but there is also a variety of NPCs out there who have nothing to do with modelling industry, and yet they still look like top-class celebs. I want it to be 'global' feature in KK:H, it would just make things so much more entertaining.

Honestly, I'd love my husband to actually be taller than me. My doll, Hayley, is not only taller, but she also looks a lot more 'badass' than her baby-faced hubby Liam.

It's realistic, and it'd also be completely optional. You can stay a skinny b!tch forever, but at least you'll be a better looking, taller catch next to your girlfriend. And for once, my husband will actually be 'macho'. :o:rolleyes:

So do you want that your doll's husband to look different?

I completely agree that we should be able to change our SO's appearances for something of our liking.

Don't care that much how the other NPCs looks though.

I'm not essencially against the idea of a variety of body sizes (this is beautiful), just think is (as you pointed) a bit unpractical and I feel that the game needs other things right now (just my opinion).

My mainly concern is that we live in a world where people look for standards on how things should be, sad but true. In a way all of us do that unconcious or not. Constantly we're are being putted to face each other here (SYS), I feel that is more fair when our dolls have some kind of consistence on their appearances...Would we vote for the chubby doll or the curvy one?

You just said (no offense here I do understand that we come from all places of the world and the cultural differences are big and we can perfeclty harmonize this here if we look to that) that you would like to guys to be taller too, but I wasn't talking about just the guys' dolls, girls were included there, cause top models are tall.

Look to our dolls size compared to Kendall's avatar, we're short. Guys and girls are about the same size, the heels make girls taller though. That makes me feel the game a bit unrealistic.

I don't mind that girls are taller than guys, but you do (and it's perfectly ok!), that puts my doll on disadvantage if you would vote between my doll and other guy for example cause you would bring your standards to the board. With all dolls having similar bodies types we have a more fair, yet not perfect process. We essencially would vote for the best styling, though we know that isn't that way.

Still on standards, I think is amazing the idea of a girl to be more badass than a guy, apparentely you want make them equaled (am I right?). You assumed that just because my doll is guy he should have a girlfriend/wife while he actually is married to another guy. See? Everyone brings their values to the table.

Since this game is focused on celeb's life, modeling, acting... the game has its kind of standards, maybe they could come with bodies being more curvy from the beggining of the game since this is a Kim game, but they didn't.

I know you said this would be optional, and also people would can come and go with their looks at events, though this probably would create some kind of uneasiness between players, but I prefer to not happen. Not here for a revamp of our dolls' bodies too.

Lana I don't know you so I just want to say that I merely am giving my thougths on this issue, but you are more than welcome to ask for this on EVERY thread of this forum if you want to. Just making a healthy debate here, not trying to disregard your opinion.;)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    To avoid unnecessary scrolling, I'll answer without quoting your entire reply, as people will probably find it annoying. :D

I absolutely agree on most of the stuff you just said - there is a far bigger number of other things that game desperately needs, and that this definitely shouldn't be a priority. I just recommended it as it's something that's been bothering me for a very, very long time. I'd still be perfectly happy even if they don't do anything about it.

To answer some of your questions directly:
    1) I don't necessarily want my husband to look different, as I'd just find another NPC who fits me better. It's not even that big of a problem, I simply mentioned it because it's obvious you'd choose someone genuinely attractive as your partner, and height would definitely have a positive effect. At least that's how I see it.

2) You nailed it when it comes to SYS, because that's the whole point of the event after all. It's in people's nature to go for the curvy, more attractive looking people, but it's also hard to picture a world (even if it's in a game) where everyone looks absolutely stunning and fit. That being said, I wouldn't make my doll chubby, as like you mentioned aswell, it's a modelling world. So yeah, I definitely hear you on that one.

3) And God no! I wasn't trying to discriminate same-gender couples or anything, if that's what you 'felt' from my statement. I took it as an example of an 'ideal' couple in my head. Some of us are into taller guys (irl), and of course I'd want that to be the case in the game aswell. Again, this is my personal opinion, that's why I even suggested it. I don't know if you're pleased with the way you and your partner look together, but it's kinda a big deal for me. :o

Hopefully, you'll understand my point of view.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    From a programming perspective, different body types would be a nightmare and I can see why Glu hasn't done it. The clothing and accessories are essentially an overlay. That's why certain tops don't work with bottoms, boots don't work with skirts, necklaces don't work with collars, etc. Glu designs items to overlay the basic doll shape. If you add different types, they'd then have to start designing different versions of those items. Let's assume these four characteristics are available:

Tall
    Short
    Skinny
    Curvy

Glu would need to then design the same outfit for these body shapes:

Tall & skinny
    Tall & curvy
    Short & skinny
    Short & curvy

In my opinion skinny and curvy are very general. You'd definitely want some in-between sizes right? So we add two in-between sizes and now Glu has to come up with 4 more versions of the same outfit. But wait, there's in-between sizes other than short and tall. So four weight options plus four height options equals a total of 16 different versions of the same outfit. Because you can't have a dress that is floor length on a short doll but reaches the knees on a tall doll. They need to look the same.

Because of this, I'm not sure it'll ever be a feature. However we have been surprised before so who knows. It personally does not bother me that my doll is on the skinny side. She's a doll. She's not real. Having one shape takes generalization out of the question. If we all look the same, we aren't creating the harmful and maybe unintentional bias of "I'm not voting for that doll because she's fat".
    soundspretty, absolutely. I already said that it'd be a hell to introduce this feature to the game, and that it definitely shouldn't be a priority.

I just thought it would be an interesting idea which they should consider at some point in the game's lifetime. They're strong on resources, but in case it's not achievable or they have other more important things on their plate, they definitely shouldn't waste time with it.

Like I said in my very first post.. completely optional and unnecessary. Still neat, though.:rolleyes:

Edit: Sorry, I didn't read your last paragraph the first time. The 'tumblr girl' part was a little joke, as I know how some girls (myself included) are obsessed with the whole idea of being skinny and extremely stylish. That's it, no need to overthink it. Sorry if it came out wrong. :eek:
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    We'll see :) I think everyone was surprised with the recent customizations so I don't think it would be completely off the table for Glu to surprise us with something similar in the future. I know a lot of people ask for it, I just think the logistics would be difficult and the intentions wouldn't be taken the way they should. We already pit people against each other in real life and judge them for their bodies, I'd like to stay away from that in a game. Just my two cents :)

I would just really like my spouse to do something other than a dopey face in the photobooth and for Glu to give him some socks.
    We'll see :) I think everyone was surprised with the recent customizations so I don't think it would be completely off the table. I know a lot of people ask for it, I just think the logistics would be difficult and the intentions wouldn't be taken the way they should. We already pit people against each other in real life and judge them for their bodies, I'd like to stay away from that in a game. Just my two cents :)

I would just really like my spouse to do something other than a dopey face in the photobooth and for Glu to give him some socks.
    Exactly! Recent customization changes made me question whether they can do 'even more' about our doll's looks. That's why the thought of body shapes and height came up.

'For Glu to give him some socks', LOL. :D
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    As a not so skinny person myself, I would definitely welcome other body types. Would love a doll that actually looked like me :)

But on the other hand, I really, really don't want it. Because more body types could turn into a serious slippery slope. Once we have skinny, fit, average, chubby, and obese, we also need different heights. Small, tall, average. And way smaller than average and way taller than average. Then we need more skin colors. And nuances. More head shapes, lips, eyes and noses to go with these. How about hand and feet size? We would need more of these to accomodate different heights and body types. At some point we would need more genders. Are two enough? Three? How many exactly? We have to stop somewhere. Being ethical in video game designing is not easy, but I actually think Glu drew the line at a fair place.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, and as I said, I myself am not a skinny person :) But I have come to accept the fact that this game does not represent each and everyone of us, because you have to stop at some point. If we start incooporating more body types, what else do we need? Where do we stop?

Hope this doesn't come off as offensive. It certaintly isn't meant to be :)
    hackers can burn in hell
    daffodil wrote: »
    As a not so skinny person myself, I would definitely welcome other body types. Would love a doll that actually looked like me :)

But on the other hand, I really, really don't want it. Because more body types could turn into a serious slippery slope. Once we have skinny, fit, average, chubby, and obese, we also need different heights. Small, tall, average. And way smaller than average and way taller than average. Then we need more skin colors. And nuances. More head shapes, lips, eyes and noses to go with these. How about hand and feet size? We would need more of these to accomodate different heights and body types. At some point we would need more genders. Are two enough? Three? How many exactly? We have to stop somewhere. Being ethical in video game designing is not easy, but I actually think Glu drew the line at a fair place.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, and as I said, I myself am not a skinny person :) But I have come to accept the fact that this game does not represent each and everyone of us, because you have to stop at some point. If we start incooporating more body types, what else do we need? Where do we stop?

Hope this doesn't come off as offensive. It certaintly isn't meant to be :)
    Oh, no offense taken! I love reading all of your thoughts on this, because they help me realize some stuff aswell. I wouldn't say I'm 'new' to the game (as I've been playing since December 2015), but compared to some of you who've been playing it since the beginning, I do lack some experience when it comes to this stuff. So I'm more then open to hear your comments.:)

I totally hear you, like I said.. it'd be pretty game changing, and if they haven't done it by now (or when they first released the game), they probably wouldn't do it now neither. But I'm allowed to dream about it, right? :confused::o
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    soundspretty is completely right about the clothing overlay issues. It'd be a nightmare amount of work.

Personally I cringe at the idea of the game doing another massive overhaul. The device my game is on can't take much more flashy nonsense for the screen load. It's slow enough as it is. I can't imagine how much worse it would get if these extensive options were added.

I respect all the reasons people ask for this feature. I just think logistically it's a bear of work and problems. Also I agree with the SYS issues.
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »

Like this dress!!

AA51E7E4-4739-4EAF-89DD-C47E911A6C7A_zpswqk7i8c6.jpg
    GC: { Lucyxx }
    Lana don't worry, I understood what you're saying on the first try.

This subject was pointed before here on the forum, today I just went further on the discussion, maybe cause I don't have anything to do in the game lol.

soundspretty and daffodil raised good points, thinking on programming all that sounds like a nightmare and probably we'll get as a 'bonus' numerous bugs and glitches. Also the game shall become way heavier with all that content.

The discussion is important, cause the dev team can have more insight of what the players are thinking.

I position myself against it for the reasons I listed above and because I'm satisfied with it. If people show a lot of unsatisfaction, maybe they will consider to change, but not exactly the way people are hoping.

I mean people asked for more facial traits, they did that, but also changed the feel of the faces (personally I loved, but a lot of people don't), they could go with 'now everyone will be curvy and hunky instead of skinny'. Not sure how would be my reaction to this.

Representation matters and I see Glu doing their best within the element that the game proposes to be.

Self acceptance is they way to go and we always should praise people for who they are, but we also can draw inspiration from our dolls. Back in 2014 I was living on a very sedentary way, just to staring at Vats daily made me willing to retake physics activities and eat better. I lost around 44 pounds (20 kg) in a really short time and became as skinny as my doll. Feel so grateful to that, nowadays my life feels much more healthier.:o
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I remember I requested for body shapes initially when I first played KKH. Then I thought it really didn't matter, no matter what body shapes Glu gave, I would never be satisfied with all the areas. I could just play sims 4 if I wanted to lol.

Going off track, Vatsy wow, congrats on a healthier lifestyle. Glu wouldn't believe KKH motivated you! Any tips? I'm trying to lose some weight, maybe 5kg, and fast. I'm very impatient!
    PM to add
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,113 Posts
    Picking up and playing the game helped me lose the weight I gained when I quit smoking, and having my fingers always in the game helped solidify my efforts to not start again. Now it's a few years, my lungs are no coughing all the time, my fingers aren't stinky/stained, I'm not putting holes in my clothes and I feel so much better. And I spend way less per week/month on the game than I did on cigarettes. So, win, win win win win. But as far as the dolls shape goes, I like the overall body shape. Would i like a little bigger caboose? in some outfits sure. Do I like the lower cut outfits that show a little more cleavage? In most outfits sure. lol. But we can not ALL be built like Kim. I'll take Kourt's shape, or even skinny Paris Hilton's shape. Do I want my doll shaped like Skylar? No. IRL I'm a little shorter, heavier than I want. So I like the leaner look of the dolls.

ETAsk: And would the different body type be a one time setup, or would it be changeable in the wardrobe like face shape and ....noses?

If you want to take a peak at how things could go wrong - simple thing like a hand change skews the rings on our dolls. Can you imagine what butt augmentation could muck up?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KueenKhloé1719KueenKhloé1719 Registered Users 111 Posts
    This would make sense the fashion industry itself has welcomed fuller models with open arms, and since KKH is a fashion game it would be differently amazing to see this. But there is pros and cons.
    Pros
    Like showing that the industry has changed and showing younger generation that play KKH it's ok to be the way you are and also it would give KKH a more relastic tone to it.
    Cons
    This will be a hard for glu to pull off. It would enlarge some parts , don't get me wrong I would love to have Kim bod but glu can enter risky territory by making skinner body shapes have a bigger bottom or vise versa. Also the outfits that show more skin will be hard to be recreated for all body shapes

either way if glu managed to pull it off it would be for the greater good and show that KKH is accepting of all shapes
    Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    Doll: Brie
    List: A
    lvl: 18

Kendall & Kylie game
    Doll:Khloe
    Followers: 1k
    lvl: 8
    Krew: Active and ready to join (looking)

Brie and Khloe's FB
    http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks
  • Princess GarciaPrincess Garcia Registered Users 14 Posts
    Oh my god yes! I always wanted this feature for so long now. Sometimes I'd look at Kim's doll and just think oh wow why can't I have that kind of bod for mine. I mean its totally possible so hopefully they'll consider it and I'm sure a lot of people would be happy if such feature would be added to the game. Not everyone wants to look like a super skinny and sexy model yknow? Having different body types would def make the game more entertaining and a little touch of being realistic.