Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    This is so exciting. I love it!
    Now, it's starting to feels like a real competition. Bring it on, babies. :cool::o
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Just a guess here but I think you have to pay ONLY if you don't have the item(s) that we're supposed to style around. As far as whether it will be a different item each day your guess is as good as mine!
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • A.P.TA.P.T Registered Users 64 Posts
    I'm curious to see how this is going to work,I'm just confused guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out how the winning of the prizes go and if its gonna cost us
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    shoot, I don't have the item (the jacket and cropped top in the picture) and it's 50 k stars! yikes
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    The girls' item shown is 50 kstars, so yah it's pay to play I'm assuming.

The prizes look like trash. The tiers seem like a more annoying form of SYS.

FAIL. Thanks for denying us a fair playable weekend event.

Edited to rant more:

Y'know Glu, you really seem to miss the point on people's critiques. We didn't want PAY TO PLAY, so you asked us to pay more for a different structure?

Your gym was a giant failure. You keep throwing us businesses that don't pay out for 9 months. This event looks super gross and egregious. Why are you missing the point so much?
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Everybody hydrate tonight. I will NOT be oversleeping tomorrow. lol

I'm guessing we could still have a GB outfit. (fingers crossed. I really want some nice prizes)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I thought I owned the top but apparently I don't. I don't think I'll buy it, it's 50Kstars for what, an ugly pair of boots and 5 Kstars back? Or maybe I'll get a backpack and 10Kstars on top of it?
    I'm curious too see how far one item can take you in this event but so far it looks very disappointing.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    So will we see event prizes tomorrow? Insee boots, a backpack and a pair of shoes I never see myself wearing. Or am I winning these rounds to qualify for real prizes?
    It's turning into K&K and I really dislike that game and it's "Krew" bs. I see a lot of teeny bopper items as prizes. Yuck.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    This competition is different from Show Your Style because the gated item is actually FREE. It changes each day during the event to keep things more exciting.

It's free to compete at the Audition tier and then there's a small entry fee required for the higher tiers. However, if you win first place in each tier, you will win double the entry fee plus a clothing item. And if you win second place, you'll win back the entry fee.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    So how many people are we competing against?
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    This competition is different from Show Your Style because the gated item is actually FREE. It changes each day during the event to keep things more exciting.

It's free to compete at the Audition tier and then there's a small entry fee required for the higher tiers. However, if you win first place in each tier, you will win double the entry fee plus a clothing item. And if you win second place, you'll win back the entry fee.

Thanks for filling us in! Awesome we don't have to pay for each item. I'm a little worried about paying to enter the higher levels though.. unless the entry fee is kash. If it's stars I'd almost rather pay for an item to style so that I can keep that even if I don't win. Just my opinion though :) And getting first place out of everyone else seems kind of like a long shot. But I'm very excited to see how it goes this weekend!

Thanks again, Kalinda!
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • JlrxoJlrxo Registered Users 37 Posts

Is it one round for each tier or several rounds per tier? Also my biggest question, will we get more than 1 chance at each tier? If we lose that tier have we blown our only chance to get that item?
    You'll compete against 7 other players and there will be a detailed popup window to explain how it works :)
    #VIPKalinda
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    thank you for the clarification, kalinda!

and thank you, Glu, for giving us a brand new type of event. i'm definitely curious to see how it pans out!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    You'll compete against 7 other players and there will be a detailed popup window to explain how it works :)

Great update but is the "who wore it best" event gonna be available for computer version, because the SYS event was not
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    Great update but is the "who wore it best" event gonna be available for computer version, because the SYS event was not

Good luck on getting an answer.
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Well it's good that the glu team are coming up with interesting new ideas I guess I'm just a bit apprehensive based on SYS which always glitched for me when voting - like you would have the same people over and over instead of changing and then suddenly it would speed rush through about ten other pairs before you'd had a chance to vote, and I assumed it was like that for everyone. Then there was the people wearing just underwear etc. I'm interested to know how it would work matching people to a group of players like that it sounds complicated but then I'm not a game developer so I guess I wouldn't know.
    GC: { Lucyxx }

ThBks for the clarification. This sounds much better than what it looked like at first. I'll still have to wait and see how everything works, but at least I can try it out.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Thanks Kalinda for posting the spoilers ! The new event looks kinda lame to win the pom-pom boots for only one prize but I'm more than willing to try something new. And it's a pay to play kinda event again but I can't complain though because 5 kstars is pretty affordable price to even begin with.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

Thanks Kalinda for posting the spoilers ! The new event looks kinda lame to win the pom-pom boots for only one prize but I'm more than willing to try something new. And it's a pay to play kinda event again but I can't complain though because 5 kstars is pretty affordable price to even begin with.

The 5 Kstars are actually part of the prize :)
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    If I wanted to pay to compete I would've played Covet a long time ago. And then, you know, Glu bought it. Every time I saw people post about wanting the Who Wore it Better event I quietly laughed my a$$ off knowing what was coming. And you'll pay, won't you? How's the stock now, Glu? Still $2.26? Loved all reviews, I mean pi$$ing on, Covet's last update.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Zoyechka wrote: »
    It's turning into K&K and I really dislike that game and it's "Krew" bs. I see a lot of teeny bopper items as prizes. Yuck.

EXACTLY. Thank you.
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts

This is how I understand. The item require to Style is free for the event time. After the first tier, there's a 5 KStars fee to submit a look. We compete with 7 other people. The first place reward is 10 KStars (actually 5 Kstars, because you pay 5 Kstars fee) plus a clothing item. The second place reward is 5 KStars (actually 0 Kstars) What about the rest (3rd to 8th place)? Nothing but losing 5 Kstars?

Edit: Right, compete with 7 others not 6. Corrected my post above.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    You will compete with 7 other people in every tier. The best prizes go to the player who earns 1st or 2nd place, but there will still be prizes awarded to players who rank lower.
    #VIPKalinda
    You guys I feel like such an idiot it's like I'm getting ready to go out I'm thinking 'I've already decided on my hair and makeup but now I have like five variations on my outfit and I don't know what to choose'. Except in real life I probably wouldn't have that many options... or any I'd be grateful to put together one good outfit :D
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    So if you lose a round, do you have to pay the entry fee AGAIN each time to try to come in first place?

TBH it sounds way worse than the SYS 'pay to play'. It sounds like it could be quite a boon for Glu, really raking in those kstar 'small fees' that will be sure to add up.

Everyone remember to keep a tally on how many kstars you begin and end the weekend with.

Not even taking into account the time wait while judging happens. Is that still four hours? I mean either way, this looks like a mess.
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    At the SYS event we have to wait 4 hours to know the results. And what about this one? Will it be 4 hours too?
    I want to clarify how the gated item works. Like Angeline & Jon said, the item required to style is free for the event time. Basically, you'll get access to the item so you can style an outfit around it, but after the competition is over, you won't automatically see it in your closet.

There is not a wait time during the competition. Once you enter and participate, you'll find out the results almost instantly.
    #VIPKalinda
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    This doesn't sound very good to me, but let's see how it works :/
    I actually have loads of questions but I don't mind if they don't get answered it will be tomorrow anyway. Do we see the outfits we're competing with after we've submitted our own? And who votes on it if the results are almost instant? How do we vote when there's seven in a group will it still be in pairs? How much is the small fee to enter higher levels? Will that jacket in the spoiler be in this weekend's event because I've chosen an outfit already and I didn't read the part where we were told it changes every day :(