Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    Same!
    Won the free one (obviously, guessing everyone did), but no luck for 3 tries on the second one. The rewards are too mediocre to keep trying and spending my k-stars.

Hope everyone has a relaxing grind-free weekend!

(am curious though, what will the weekend storyline bring us as extras?)
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    So far the game hasn't actually let me enter any of my outfits. I'm going to try again in a few minutes.
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • LuzVariasLuzVarias Registered Users 2,707 Posts
    Yuck! This event is a shameless cash grab, and for such unappealing prizes! I don't understand why they thought this would be popular... I won once for free, then paid 5kstars to play again with same outfit and came in 8th. Traded 5kstars for $250? See you next week, thanks for nothing!
    Luz GC: LuzVarias
    Stellan GC: lgordon19

• JlrxoJlrxo Registered Users 37 Posts
    Sounds like everyone won the first round, is this just fixed and glu's way to entice us into blowing all our k stars?
    I won the first round too, paid 5 stars for the next and came in 8th, got 250 kash. It shows you the outfit who won and quite obviously I am going to be bias but I cannot believe the outfit that won did, it didn't even match!!
    I'm out, no thanks glu.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    So if you don't win the second round what are the rewards?
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • bute de holébute de holé Registered Users 1 Posts
    This is my very first post, I specifically made an account to let glu know they have a lot of nerve trying to sell *this* impudent excuse of a weekend event to us. I'm pretty upset, it could've been fun, but paying for every round? ***?! Nope, guess this is it. Taking the **** on us, hm? I really hope the next WWIB is playable.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Jlrxo wrote: »
    Sounds like everyone won the first round, is this just fixed and glu's way to entice us into blowing all our k stars?
    I won the first round too, paid 5 stars for the next and came in 8th, got 250 kash. It shows you the outfit who won and quite obviously I am going to be bias but I cannot believe the outfit that won did, it didn't even match!!
    I'm out, no thanks glu.

When they showed my doll, it wasn't even the outfit I chose. Like I have no idea what I've been submitting. And seriously, the ones who did win were in black pants and basic shoes like a nonplayer doll.
    Sil5678 wrote: »
    So if you don't win the second round what are the rewards?

It told me that that it couldn't reenter me and the cost would be awarded back to me. I then got kash and then an energy bolt for losing and no Kstars back.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    Yup. A never ending stream of entry fees is obscene.

Glu do you see us ALL opting out of this event? Do you see we are unhappy and offended by this cash grab? Do you see how YET AGAIN only the cheaters benefit from an event?

This is the biggest fail yet.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I really dislike this event. It feels like a scam. I hope it's the last one of its kind.
  • zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    Yeah, I did the first one and then saw it was 5 kstars to submit the next round. Yeah, no, I'm good. I needed a break anyway.
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    LuzVarias wrote: »
    Yuck! This event is a shameless cash grab, and for such unappealing prizes! I don't understand why they thought this would be popular... I won once for free, then paid 5k to play again with same outfit and came in 8th. Traded 5k for $250? See you next week, thanks for nothing!

Luz!! it's nice to see you around.

I agree with the consensus here. I understand glu wants to make as much money out of players as possible but this is a little too much. I feel sorry for people who will get sucked in as I feel like they design these types of events around a certain mindset where people don't want to miss out but there is no guarantee whatsover of progressing with all those stars spent to re-enter.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    So everyone wins the first round as a hook to get people paying for the next rounds. This is such a bad idea lol. Only people who hack the game are at an advantage but Glu also knows some people will really pay for anything so I guess they're hoping they'd at least draw in that group of players.
    I hope enough people realize the main goal is making money over player experience, as we can see from the obvious glitches, and don't spend money on this event. That's the only way they'll slow down with the money hungry game tactics.

Most of us no longer get kstars from videos or offers, the free second daily gift box isn't an option anymore, and they also stopped giving a decent amount of kstars for expensive kash luxe goals (ex: a $120k house with 1 measly kstar as the reward) but they want people mindlessly throwing out kstars for a shady event that doesn't even work or dropping a ton of kstars for a property that takes like a year for profits to start. Talk about greedy.
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    GLU. WE, YOUR CUSTOMERS, ONLY WANT TO PAY KA$H NOT K-STARS. WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN THAT???

Of course at some point we would gladly pay k-stars. But not like this. IT IS JUST TOO MUCH.
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    I won the first one without a problem and then entered the second round. I was in 6th place and the winning look did not look good at all! I feel like this event is rigged :/
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    After getting my own error message the first time I submitted for the audition and won 5 stars only to lose my first novice round (-5) stars and then enter again and win the 10 leaving me with a net profit of 5 stars.

I appreciate Glu trying new things but the remaining items I win this weekend aren't my taste or worth risking my stars so I'll quit while I'm ahead ;3
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I actually would've preferred to pay for a piece of clothing that costed cash instead of kstars. I won the first round since it's free on the first entry and then I received my 5 kstars and pom-pom boots. I won't continue to participate since I don't wanna spend my kstars unless it's a V.I.P. event.
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I cannot even begin to say how upset I am at Glu over this event. We have told you guys so much how ridiculous it is that you made us buy certain items to even participate in the Show Your Style events and what do you do? You basically make a whole event over doing just that! No, we don't have to buy the item, but every round we have to pay Kstars?! Really? You thought this would make us happy?! Not only that, but now instead of at least getting points for progress if we lose we might just get kash or an energy bolt?
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• carolsayhicarolsayhi Registered Users 19 Posts
    please glu dont this event again, it was not a good idea, i was in first place and in the final round i was sixth place, and the winner look is totaly stupid, heck no
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    This event is the WORST idea Glu ever came up with. IF it works, my looks keep losing against the most ridiculous styles I've ever seen. I always feel the pressure to get as many items as I can, but this is too much. I hate it and I'm not going to send Glu my money for this mockery.
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    so i just had to re-register because it's been months since i used glu forums, but if i went through the whole registering process again it's because i'm so ****ed lmao.
    this event sucks. at first i thought it was going to be like the usual fashion show events, but no. not only was it buggy as all hell and kept kicking me out from entering, but the winning outfits are so mediocre and some of them look like starter dolls that are just filling empty spaces. i was winning the first two rounds and suddenly got in fifth place. the winning outfit was a starter doll.
    just *** glu. i ain't spending 5 kstars for each entry i'm so salty about this omfg.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • King KylieKing Kylie Registered Users 60 Posts
    I'm still getting an error message when I try to compete for the second prize, I never know who won, at least they gave my 5kstars back.
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    To the hideous outfits winning:
    I feel like people are trying the strategy to vote for the worse looks so that the votes they win count more. But since they're not the only using this tactic, the bad looks are actually winning.
    This is why stuff like this doesn't work, in this completely anonymous setting not all people are going to be honest. Especially if there is something in it for them.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Complain about the game complain about the event do not complain about other members, don't tell them what to think, don't tell them what to post. I'm deleting posts that admonish others as to how they should think and feel. Thanks so much
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Kkhde2000Kkhde2000 Registered Users 26 Posts
    Ok Koko why you keep deleting my posts I never wanted to "hurt" someone I'm just saying that the prices are fair
    So I'm not allowed to say my opinion about the event which is actually good.Wow what a good forum
    And btw there are 19 items in the event which you can get and not 7 like in regular events.
    Kkhde2000 wrote: »
    So I'm not allowed to say my opinion about the event which is actually good.Wow what a good forum

i deleted the whole post because you also told players how they should feel. Post again praising the event, and leave how you think others SHOULD feel out of it. If part of the post is not right I'm taking out the whole post. Thanks for understanding. You're not the only one with a deleted post, but you're the one who questioned it, so here's the explanation. I'm sorry please post your comment again but don't talk about how other people should feel play or post thanks so much. A lot of people are unhappy and we don't need other people telling them to suck it up.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    i deleted the whole post because you also told players how they should feel. Post again praising the event, and leave how you think others SHOULD feel out of it. If part of the post is not right I'm taking out the whole post. Thanks for understanding. You're not the only one with a deleted post, but you're the one who questioned it, so here's the explanation. I'm sorry please post your comment again but don't talk about how other people should feel play or post thanks so much. A lot of people are unhappy and we don't need other people telling them to suck it up.
    Ok Koko thank you for letting me now I hope glu fixes the event soon bea cause there are only like 18 hours left
    if you want to talk about it more with me, pm me. But talk about your own feelings, don't steer others. Glu wants to hear the praise and the complaints.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    also can i just say that they're giving us like 19 hours to complete all the tasks?
    this is the not coolest thing, man. i liked some of the shoes and coats but it's just not worth it. this makes me sad.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    egg wrote: »
    also can i just say that they're giving us like 19 hours to complete all the tasks?
    this is the not coolest thing, man. i liked some of the shoes and coats but it's just not worth it. this makes me sad.

From what I understood from Kalinda, there will be different outfits to submit, so I'm guessing in 19 hours it will change from the jacket.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College