Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    egg wrote: »
    also can i just say that they're giving us like 19 hours to complete all the tasks?
    this is the not coolest thing, man. i liked some of the shoes and coats but it's just not worth it. this makes me sad.

egg what was your previous username was it egg as well I'm intrigued :D
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • JullietteJulliette Registered Users 527 Posts
    I don't like at all this event!!! ***?! Hideous prizes, and nonsense voting! Very unhappy!!
    :o iOS GC ID julliette24 ;)
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ok here we go!

Aside the complaints about the fees (this is not THAT different from to pay giftboxes TBH), the concept of the event is well thinked, but the execution is a problem for two reasons.

First while with the boxes we depend on luck, here we depend on other players votes. After few tries I noticed that people weren't voting by the best look anymore and the winning looks were just 'average to ugly' looks, because people are trying to prevent that the real 'best' one to win, casting their votes on another.

So the secret maybe is to go with an average look. The name of the event can be changed to 'Who wore the worst' lol

Second have to unlock levels is unfair, while on boxes we can stop when we pick the item we were looking for, here we can't.

I liked items 1,2 and 4. See? I'll need to go through level 3 (an item that I'm not into) to get where I want.

And again depending on the good will from other players, not by luck or effort.

I suggest for the next time at least people be able to choose the prize they want to compete for each tier, at least this way players won't feel so cheated and unhappy.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I was up for a um.. personal need near the 5am start time and tried to submit a look, but received an error message and went back to bed. After reading what has been shared here, I am not even going to try again. I hope we have the old format events again next time.

On behalf of my husband who is going to be thrilled I won't have my nose in my tablet this weekend, thank you, Glu.
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I tried to submit an audition look and the game was unable to find an opponent for me. Now the button says "please wait." Great start.
  • Kkhde2000Kkhde2000 Registered Users 26 Posts
    I think there's a glitch in the 3rd round after I voted in the 3rd round it kicks you out
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    Are glu for real?! This event is beyond disapointing!!! I absolutely see the strategy by voting on people uglier than you, so that you have a better chance, but it makes everything even harder!! Some ugly *** beginner dolls with non matching clothes are winning and its not fair.. I give up on this event. Please get well soon glu
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Not a huge fan of this. I agree with Vats that I suspect users are not actually voting for the best look. Not that I think mine is the best, but I was definitely not a fan of the outfit that won the second round I was in. Having to spend 5 stars to enter then receive only 1 energy for 4th place seems a little unfair to me. I'd hate to see what last place gets. I've only gotten to level 2; is the entry fee higher at later levels? If that's the case I'm probably not interested in playing any more after only the 2 rounds I've completed.

If this event is kept, I think it should be designated as a midweek event. I think the current cycle of weekend events works well, with items we can earn just by completing a specific type of event or spending stars.

I would almost prefer they bring back the 4h rounds and compare amongst everyone like in SYS. If you get enough votes across the 4h then you 'win.' if you reach a certain number of votes but not enough to 'win' there can be a secondary prize.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    If you at LEAST could pick which items to compete for, that would help ALOT. Instead you HAVE to start at item number 1, which its hidious
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    As for the comparison to gift boxes which I've seen a couple times now, one major difference is in the end you at least have the earnable items if you've chosen to work for them and don't get the gift box items you want in your free box. There are many weekends I don't have the stars banked to chase anything.

This event this weekend doesn't work for me. If I had videos to watch for stars maybe I'd be willing to cough them up to play, but I have to pass.

Also, Who Wore the Most Mediocre Outfit is kind of sad! :)
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
    Yes, I think weekend events should stay FREE unless you want to pay to chase a GB item, which is your choice. VIP events are an exception because we earn 1 star for everyone professional event we complete. Spending stars is still optional and you can still earn them without spending anything.
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Finally able to submit a look, and won first round like everyone else. Played two more and the "winning" looks were awful. Done with this event. Thanks for one less distraction from unpacking, Glu!
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I'm weak so I went ahead and spent all my stars. The entry fee for the elite tier is 25 k-stars. And of course I didn't get anything out of it. :mad:

And there's only 7 items for the guys? Good, we'll miss out on the less, lol!

Since this was the first time, I participated. Next I'll only show up for the auditions.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Like an idiot I tried for the backpack again. I never saw the winning look until it won and once again the winning look had either free hair or free shoes on. I wouldn't be so upset if I felt like I was winning against other people, but it feels like I'm losing against nonplayable rigged dolls.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Charli wrote: »
    I'm weak so I went ahead and spent all my stars. The entry fee for the elite tier is 25 k-stars. And of course I didn't get anything out of it. :mad:

OMG 25 stars? That's ridiculous. I have no interest in playing more knowing that. 25 stars can get you some nice items in the closet. 50 stars for 2 tries is more than opening a gift box and again can buy you some great items in the closet. Crazy!!!!!!!! I don't really care for most of the prizes, anyways. Short hair has never been appealing to me, personally. I do like the pink bag with the Pom Pom at elite II, though.
  • TheOnlyMareTheOnlyMare Registered Users 43 Posts
    Yo! Y'all know what I think about this event? that is funny how when I tried to dress as looking really good ( Not saying my look is the best ), The most hideous look that submited by someone won the 1st place. But then when I tried to dress like, really really hideous?... Someone that came up with the best look won the price.
    Hi Y'all I'm Mare, please 2 meet y'all <3
    ---- K&K profile----
    Mare
    Lvl: 23
    Always active
    Krew: 341 ( Free for Everyone ) ;)
    ----Britney Spears: AD profile----
    Moniqué
    Lvl: 15~16
    Oftenly active
    Record : Young Money :cool:
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    How is it possible to switch from second place to seventh place in two round? This is so strange!!! So I have to dress my doll with my ugliest items to win? Good to know!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Ok, down 100 Stars from the beginning of the event in one game, and I've won the boots and the bag, and for the past 2 hours I've been trying for the third. Can we pass over one and move on? Because I don't know how much more than 100Stars I'm paying per game for no guarantee of any more prizes. I'm sure I'll keep going, but this is what my rational brain is telling me. The other two games, down too much as well, but, I too feel I will be sitting out future of these events.

I take it back. I said I didn't want to compete against friends. At this point, I'd undercut my bff if it meant moving on to the next prize.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    So in Finns game I put together a ridiculous outfit and...

cqT7Ftz.jpg

I won! There were actually some really decent outfits that I voted for so.... however, I don't think it proves the "voting for the worst looks theory" (although I think it's entirely true), since it was the free round, I think it shows the first round is rigged so you win no matter what and pay to enter the second.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Kkh_deeKkh_dee Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm not sure where to post this, but since the event came out the button that says "enter" says " please wait". It's getting a little frustrating, is there something I can do so I can participate in the event?
    I think the white skirt is a glitch because I've seen so many players wearing it and no other colours - if you go to the wardrobe and put on a dress then go to put on a top it will default to that skirt and I remember sometimes having GC glitches in the past where people are wearing the basic default items instead of new update items - I'm not saying it's happening when they choose update items because I've seen those too but I still think it might be a glitch
  • ElleSElleS Registered Users 27 Posts
    I hope I don't offend anyone by saying this but this really is the worst weekend event ever & on top of that it's super glitchy!

At least in the previous events one outfit was earnable and the other you had to spend K-Stars to get ALL the items but this is totally pay-to-play. So unfair.

And IMO most of the items are ugly. The only ones I like are the ones you'd get after winning three times in a row which tbh seems almost impossible as for now.

Not worth it. I'd rather save my K-Stars and use them in a future VIP event.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I think this will also be the first event in the history of KKH that I sit out. I've been playing and submitting looks without issue, but I have some serious questions about how the scores are tallied. I'm not sure if our voting even counts, or if the results are just computer generated. A 1 in 7 shot at a so-so item that costs 5 stars or more to enter..

I always give new things a shot. It's how the game grows and expands. But unfortunately, I'm kind of done with this one. Far too expensive with much too little payout.
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I think the white skirt is a glitch because I've seen so many players wearing it and no other colours - if you go to the wardrobe and put on a dress then go to put on a top it will default to that skirt and I remember sometimes having GC glitches in the past where people are wearing the basic default items instead of new update items - I'm not saying it's happening when they choose update items because I've seen those too but I still think it might be a glitch

I just exited a round and was wearing the white skirt with my normal game outfit so this makes me suspect it even more
  • kynlm15kynlm15 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Miimoliin wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of this. I agree with Vats that I suspect users are not actually voting for the best look. Not that I think mine is the best, but I was definitely not a fan of the outfit that won the second round I was in. Having to spend 5 stars to enter then receive only 1 energy for 4th place seems a little unfair to me. I'd hate to see what last place gets. I've only gotten to level 2; is the entry fee higher at later levels? If that's the case I'm probably not interested in playing any more after only the 2 rounds I've completed.

Well, after i won the first round like everyone else, i got 6th place at 2nd round and received $750 as a reward, which i think is better than 1 energy, so..... I guess rewards kinda depend on bad or good luck... And obviously that's unfair AF considering the 2nd round costs 5 Kstars. This weekend event is a bit disappointing.
    So i suppose rewards don't depend on which place you are, but i think they're randomly selected based on the only fact that you're not 1st place, if that makes sense...
    I feel you, i completed the first 2 rounds and won't play the others too.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Ok I give up, can't pass level 2.

I'm horrible trying to be 'average' or 'ugly' I'm too fabulous to that!

Now look at the results of some of my entries:
    ZaBvY5b.png?1

I did good when I went with a very 'basic' look here, but the worst look beat me!
    r1i98XM.png?1

This was my last try, I went with a very stylish look just to see how it would go... eighth place lol

*sigh*

For now people are voting for the worst entries I see, until they realize that the worst is the better, then they will go for average... just 3h of event and it already lost its purpose.

Definitely not sorry on exposing these dolls here, they should be sued for wearing things like that:p
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    Guess it's time for me to share my opinion aswell:
    This event b-l-o-w-s. At first, when I heard the idea of it I thought this would be something amazing that players can really enjoy and actually fight for their prize. But after seeing how poorly some players dress up their dolls and still beat my outfit (which I actually worked on for some time), I started to see that it's not really a competition. It's more of a fraud, or like someone else said, 'who wore it worst' kind of thing.

Not only that, but guys only get like 7 prizes? While girls have 16? Wow. Not cool, Glu.

Last but not least, I've been 'disconnected' from the event over 10 times. I know this has nothing to do with my connection, so yeah.. get to work.

Disappointed.
  • KueenKhloé1719KueenKhloé1719 Registered Users 111 Posts
    People, it the first Who wore it best event so there will be some glitches and some major flaws . Who knows if this event will change in the future to be free (more than it is ) but until then we will ....... idk sit the event out I guess. :(
    [13D2227C-1A16-4AD2-9CAC-EE2F28198894_zpseirzbd9d.jpegi take that back this outfit is ....... there's no words to explain it #Fail
    Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    Doll: Brie
    List: A
    lvl: 18

Kendall & Kylie game
    Doll:Khloe
    Followers: 1k
    lvl: 8
    Krew: Active and ready to join (looking)

Brie and Khloe's FB
    http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    I won the first tier and got the boots. The second one requires 5 K stars and I got second place but the good news is that I won my K stars back but it seems unlikely that a lot of people will participate in this event if K stars are needed to enter to win everything. What do you win for third place and lower, nothing? To be honest this event seems worst than the SYS event because at least with that event you pay a one time fee for participating. With this event you are betting K stars with a 1/7 chance that you will win the event item and if you lose you have to cough up another entry fee again and again until you win first place and more to the next tier.

True that. I won the first, got 4th in the second and currently have 7 k stars, so the chances of me entering the event again are very little. Maybe this one time and if I don't win, never again. Lol.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I noticed that even if you´re NOT wearing the jacket in your game it will automatically appear on your doll when you submit your look. If you´re wearing a dress it will automatically change for the jacket and the bottom part will be one of those lame starter clothes. I think that´s the reason we are seeing so many horrible styles during the rounds.