Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• pink rangerpink ranger Registered Users 1 Posts
    i've been creeping this forum for a while and i finally had to register to voice my opinion bc this event sucks so much. i won the first round (though it seems like everyone did) and then though i didn't get first place in the second tier i kept winning 5 stars (a couple times) so i was re-submitting with those but then i lost and got 1000 cash lol.

i gave up after that (sorry not sorry glu but you are not getting any of my stars) but it's so frustrating because this could be a REALLY cool idea for an event, but the pay to play style is so UGH (double ugh considering how ugly some of the prizes are but that's just my opinion).

i don't think i'm saying anything that everybody else hasn't said, but just count me in as one more angry customer, glu, bc this event sucks and unless they're gonna seriously revamp it (such as getting rid of the paywall, giving us actual prizes we would want, fixing the white skirt thing....) i don't really want to see this event again ever. just give us a regular event (which also need some fixing but that's for another time) and call it a day.
  • BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    So, I haven't been on here in forever. That being said, I have a really strong opinion about this new event that I want to be heard. So, here goes:

This event is such a good idea in theory— not so much in practice. After playing a few rounds, it's clear to me that other players aren't voting for the best looks as intended, but instead voting for "bad" looks— thus, taking away points from other worthy players and increasing their own chances. Except, an overwhelming amount of people are using this tactic, causing the "bad" looks to actually win!

Despite how bad it looks, I think this can be fixed. The idea I have is to have players vote on other groups of dolls instead of their own group, that way they have nothing to gain by trying to rig the vote. Then again, I am writing this early in the morning and maybe I'm looking over something, but this is the best I have for now. Like I said, I really like the concept of this event— but it has some serious issues that need to be dealt with before we see another one like it.
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    I'm still so upset about this event so I have to post a second time with a suggestion. Maybe the first 4 tiers should be free because in regular events, we always get to grind to earn 4 prizes (giftbox & 3 items). Then Glu can charge us an entry fee for all the tiers after the first 4 so at least players who don't have the $$ to spend on K stars can participate and win more than just one thing.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Would everyone try hard to post their own feelings, and not try to cajole, shame, tease, wheedle or whine other members from expressing how they feel. There are glitches, and there are design flaws being discussed. There are people who are loving it, people who are hating it. Glu wants to hear our voices on the event, the good and the bad. THey do not want us politely smiling and saying nothing rather than complain. Voice your opinions and let others voice theirs. Unless, your opinion is about other members, and then no. We don't need to hear that. :)

THanks.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Brianne wrote: »
    So, I haven't been on here in forever. That being said, I have a really strong opinion about this new event that I want to be heard. So, here goes:

This event is such a good idea in theory— not so much in practice. After playing a few rounds, it's clear to me that other players aren't voting for the best looks as intended, but instead voting for "bad" looks— thus, taking away points from other worthy players and increasing their own chances. Except, an overwhelming amount of people are using this tactic, causing the "bad" looks to actually win!

Despite how bad it looks, I think this can be fixed. The idea I have is to have players vote on other groups of dolls instead of their own group, that way they have nothing to gain by trying to rig the vote. Then again, I am writing this early in the morning and maybe I'm looking over something, but this is the best I have for now. Like I said, I really like the concept of this event— but it has some serious issues that need to be dealt with before we see another one like it.

I like this idea! I feel like we should be voting for another group of dolls so that this rigging isn't happening and the best look has a better chance of winning.
  • CchairccCchaircc Registered Users 284 Posts
    Played the first round and won of course. Lost the second and I won't be continuing to play. I 100 percent believe we aren't competing against each other. I think the dolls are just randomly generated. I think the same for SYS. The idea is cool but executed poorly. Hey they hardly make our Game Center friends show up correctly or show up at all, how could they make every single doll entry show up?!
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    I hadn't come here to see the spoilers so I was completely surprised to wake up to WWIB. Like everyone else, I won the first round. I was shocked to see it cost 5gc for the second round but I went ahead and did it. I'm sure that none of you will surprised to learn.... I lost! When I saw how bad the winning look was, I decided to come here to see what was happening to others.

I won't be playing anymore rounds of this. I have k stars that I purchased with real life money but I don't like gambling and I hate feeling taken advantage of. There needs to be a fair exchange of assets. I understand that Glu has to make money but I should receive something for my money. I really enjoy styling my doll and I love competition but it has to be a legitimate competition where the best look wins.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
  • BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    I like this idea! I feel like we should be voting for another group of dolls so that this rigging isn't happening and the best look has a better chance of winning.

Oh hey, thanks!! Glad to know someone agrees. :^)
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    This event is a joke. There is no way a doll with pink eyes, orange eyeshadow and the white Amish skirt won over my look. I'm done
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I agree with Brianne and LemonyLemon's ideas to vote on other groups instead of your own and to have at least the first four tiers free I would love to see them adjust the event in this way - the worst thing about this event is paying only, if you have a mixture it will be like having earner items and gift box items so those who can't afford to spend stars can still do the event.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    Sorry glu, this event is a major flop. I got first place in my first two events and then the exact same outfit landed eighth twice in a row. I'd be fine with losing, if not for the fact that the winners looked like the stumbled blindly through a closet. I submitted the ugliest joke outfit I could think of and got voted to third place.

Thank you for the weekend off, I guess. It'll be nice to not have an obligation to play! :)
  • PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    Like everybody else, I won the first round. When I saw that it costs k-stars to enter the higher rounds (and there are so many of them), I came here to see what everyone else was experiencing before I spent my precious k-stars. Super disappointed to find out that the first round is a gimme, and the other rounds seem impossible to win.

I wanted to throw in my voice of disappointment with the weekend event, but I also have a question. When you finish a tier (whether you come in first or eighth place), are you able to move on to the next tier, or do you have to keep playing that same tier until you come in first place?
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    UGHHHH I HATE THESE STUPID EVENTS WHERE I HAVE TO DEPEND ON OTHER PEOPLE!!! I hope the whoever has these dolls sees this because there is so much more to say about their sense of style. I also want to point out that to those out there who were whining about "new events" congratulations you got what you wanted and screwed the rest of us in the process!! :mad:

edited by Koko: I deleted the looks with the winning images. insulting dolls looks is making some players uncomfortable. thanks for understanding don't publish others' dolls in a negative light.

This is what I lost to. You think this trash is cute? Well, I don't. It is pathetic, perhaps you were trying to create a look that sums up what your life amounts to. Unlike you and others who are just stupid and simply submitting trash because it is "funny", there are A LOT of us who are spending real money on this game to get our rewards!

It boggles me how incredibly stupid this event is. I have spent 10 k-stars already and lost to the trash seen above. I DO NOT want to pay to play a weekend event!!! I guess certain members of the KKH team were just too darn stupid and could not stick to a vanilla Keep the Cameras Rolling, 5-star gig, or VIP weekend. It is bad enough having to pay $20 a month for this VIP subscription when I am not getting sh-t for it! Then those pay to play Show Your Style events midweek events. Then the update that completely ruined the look of the game. Followed by Kim removing outfits I WANTED as Shop My Closets in favor of more of her half-naked grotesque clothing with a one-sided weave reaching her toes. I hope this is the first and last event like this because wanted those d-mn coats and now I am not going to get them!!

kERZIc4.gif
    Like everybody else, I won the first round. When I saw that it costs k-stars to enter the higher rounds (and there are so many of them), I came here to see what everyone else was experiencing before I spent my precious k-stars. Super disappointed to find out that the first round is a gimme, and the other rounds seem impossible to win.

I wanted to throw in my voice of disappointment with the weekend event, but I also have a question. When you finish a tier (whether you come in first or eighth place), are you able to move on to the next tier, or do you have to keep playing that same tier until you come in first place?

You have to keep playing until you get first place and then you can move on. :(
  • BlacChynaBlacChyna Registered Users 43 Posts
    I have been waiting for a while, but keeps telling me to please wait and it's been like 23 minutes since it's been saying this? Is this a bug or glitch or I have to wait longer??.

10zwyh0.png
    Beyonce is pregnant with twins respect God and bow down. And happy black history month where all the blacks get the appreciation they deserve and black heroes who are long forgotten will be remembered all this month. :cool: - A'sia

No you have to keep paying the stars to replay unless you come first in which case you still have to pay for the next item's round
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    No words needed

edited by Koko: I deleted the looks with the winning images. insulting dolls looks is making some players uncomfortable. thanks for understanding don't publish others' dolls in a negative light.
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    I agree with Brianne and LemonyLemon's ideas to vote on other groups instead of your own and to have at least the first four tiers free I would love to see them adjust the event in this way - the worst thing about this event is paying only, if you have a mixture it will be like having earner items and gift box items so those who can't afford to spend stars can still do the event.

Thanks for agreeing with me! :) I hope Glu will listen and make adjustments to this event going forward.
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts

You have to get the first place and win the prize in order to unlock the next tier :)
    Thanks for agreeing with me! :) I hope Glu will listen and make adjustments to this event going forward.

Me too! Or maybe they will get rid of it altogether based on how much we all hate it :D I think if they had made it like you guys suggested it could have been fun, so it's a shame
  • xxxnarwalsxxxxxxnarwalsxxx Registered Users 54 Posts
    I'm not happy with this event either. Having to spend 5 k-stars for the second tier to MAYBE win isn't right. I tried it once, got fourth place, earned 1 energy and gave up.
    ​Android Player
    Add on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brittany.shaw0701
    KKH: Charlotte, lvl. 30, A+List

Playing on Galaxy S8+ with Android version 7.0 (until I get a new tablet)
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    I like the concept of this event but paying so many Kstars is NOT appealing to me at all.

Like everyone else, I won the boots in the first round so thought I would try for the bag and lost the next round (250 cash for 8th place). I will not go any further in this event.

Perhaps instead of paying Kstars on every level, the entry fee can be energy bolts for Novice level rounds; Kcash for Pro level rounds and Kstars for Expert rounds; or some other structure that will allow players to participate even if they don't have lots of Kstars to risk on the entire event. Make no mistake, it truly does feel like a RISK when the voting is so inconsistent.

I'm not sure how the voting can be addressed. It certainly doesn't seem fair and even if we voted on other groups that didn't include our own doll, it still doesn't mean that people would vote for the best looks.

Also, this seems like more of a mid week event. I'm disappointed to have this event on a weekend.

I like the fact that Glu is trying to come up with new and exciting things for players, and hopefully if they continue with this type of event they will be willing to listen to the players' feedback to continue making improvements.
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    So the second tier costs 5 stars to enter. Well, I guess I'll stick to level 1. Did that twice, won twice (I submitted a fairly simple look) and now it has a 24 hour timer on it so I guess I'm done for the day. Won 10 stars though so I guess that's good.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
    Am I the only one down 80 Stars in one game, 115 Stars in another and about 40 in the third? I have boots for 3, and backpack for 1 and that's about it. It's a good things my devices were running out of power, I came up for air and found it s not just me losing terribly, I'm just the slowest learner. Make me feel better guys, tell me if you're down that many stars as well.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Koko it's ok I spent about 45 kstars because I wanted to get the cuff earrings but I can't get past the boots I figured I would usually open some gift boxes so I would try but it's going nowhere and for all I know I'm wearing that white skirt so whatever
  • PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    No you have to keep paying the stars to replay unless you come first in which case you still have to pay for the next item's round

Well, that makes me want to play this event even less. How disappointing. Like others have said, I will save my Kstars for the next VIP event. Knowing how these things go, it will probably be next weekend after many players have wasted all their Kstars on this event. :rolleyes:
    Well, that makes me want to play this event even less. How disappointing. Like others have said, I will save my Kstars for the next VIP event. Knowing how these things go, it will probably be next weekend after many players have wasted all their Kstars on this event. :rolleyes:

Lmao probably
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Am I the only one down 80 Stars in one game, 115 Stars in another and about 40 in the third? I have boots for 3, and backpack for 1 and that's about it. It's a good things my devices were running out of power, I came up for air and found it s not just me losing terribly, I'm just the slowest learner. Make me feel better guys, tell me if you're down that many stars as well.

Oh poor Koko. I'm not down as many Kstars cause I quit, but I can tell you my confidence level on losing all those times took a hit.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    I won the first round like everyone else. I paid to start the second, came in 4th place and what was my prize? A single, yes you heard that right. A single energy. So that's what I get for spending five of my hard earned kstars. A single energy that I could have gotten from tapping literally anything in the game.

So many ugly looks are winning and I'm over here looking great. This event could have been so great but it's so disappointing. This pay-to-play style is not it. Like there goes all the fun of the weekend events.
    Koko it's ok I spent about 45 kstars because I wanted to get the cuff earrings but I can't get past the boots I figured I would usually open some gift boxes so I would try but it's going nowhere and for all I know I'm wearing that white skirt so whatever

Lol earrings aren't even on my radar. Can't get past the 2nd prize the back pack.

But can I ask everyone to not comment on other dolls looks? I did it myself I critisized the crinkly mullet hair. let's bear in mind that we don't know how other people are dressing their dolls. say a general 'I don't think the best look won' and leave it at that. it's making members uncomfortable. I know how I felt when everyone named the ruffled shirt after a private part. I liked the shirt. So let's be careful not to insult saother's taste. For me, the mullet. Doesn't work, if it won 1st place to my 8tha, more power to it. ;)

no no I have to delete some posts for this very reason.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary