Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    I've been lucked out! I managed to get to the third item, and about to reach my streak prize but all the sudden this look won instead!!

I also have been just using the same look for the jacket, I'm a bit tight on the gems and I want to save my cash for a house...

ASPT3k5.jpg
  • Kkh_deeKkh_dee Registered Users 5 Posts
    I'm sorry for being impatient, but it's been 5 hours since the event started, and my game won't let me submit a look! It just says "please wait". I was gunna send a screenshot, but I can't figure out how��
  • BlacChynaBlacChyna Registered Users 43 Posts
    Ah, I had to wait a bit to renter, I guess there is a limit of how many times you enter. Honestly winning is very random in this event even if you look great then the rest, it's all up to them and also if you DO look better then all of them, they probably won't even vote for you so their chances of winning is higher.
    Beyonce is pregnant with twins respect God and bow down. And happy black history month where all the blacks get the appreciation they deserve and black heroes who are long forgotten will be remembered all this month. :cool: - A'sia
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Perhaps instead of paying Kstars on every level, the entry fee can be energy bolts for Novice level rounds; Kcash for Pro level rounds and Kstars for Expert rounds; or some other structure that will allow players to participate even if they don't have lots of Kstars to risk on the entire event.

This would be so cool!

I'm amazed how we were told there's a small entry fee for submitting a look, like 25 stars is small?

I believe we should be charged only once to unlock a tier, not every single time! And there's no incentive for the 2nd and 3rd positions either.

Koko I'm down to 18 stars. :(
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I hate this event. Hate it. I'm down 80 k-stars and ugly looks keep winning #rigged
  • CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    This event is garbage...and an insult to players. This is just a blatant cash grab with very little incentive for the players. SYS is play to pay but at least you could still earn all the prizes if you worked at it...this is pure luck. Shame on you Glu...I understand that this is a business, but as someone who has happily spent lots of money on this game in the past, I am disgusted...I can only hope that this event dies a painful death and never returns again...bring back SYS!! This is the first time since weekend events started that I will not participate nor will I ever participate in this sham
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    I'm really upset about the entry fee. No matter how much imstyle, basic looks always win. I'm down a lot of kstars and only have the first item. How much does it end up costing to get all of the items? It will probably be in the thousands kstars
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    All my winning looks...

tkOrIaR.jpg

XA8AcfV.jpg

KvaZVDN.jpg

RNF56Q5.jpg

jKUbc3y.jpg
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Okay so now that I've had a chance to play, here are my thoughts.
    Very exciting to see this new event! It does look promising to me, but of course I won't really know until I start playing. I will keep an open mind.

I like the idea that the styling item is "free" for the day/weekend - this prevents people from spending their money on items that they don't really like (which I've had to do in the past). Unsure about paying to enter - mainly because I don't know how many times you'll have to pay to enter in each tier.... This could get out of hand and become not worth it, which won't be fun.

These were my initial thoughts on the game, and yes, they have now changed.
    It has happened THREE times now. By the looks of this thread, there are definitely 8 people playing? What's going on? Do I go back to sleep? This is disappointing...

Set my alarm for 5am just to wake up to an event that did not work at all. After half an hour of trying and nothing to show for it, I decided to go back to bed.

I woke up again at my regular time, just for it to not work again. Finally on my second try it worked, and I was able to finally try it. And honestly, it's bad. I almost wish it just never worked.

Playing the first competition ("audition") seemed fishy right from the start. Somehow, I managed to stay in first place after all three rounds - something that everyone here has done. Has anyone lost this round? It seems as though we are programmed to all win it.

Going into the second competition ("Novice I"), things changed. Once again, I was up mostly again "default" style dolls - dolls that wear clothing you start with in the game (or ones that are very cheap with kash) and hairstyles you start with. I believe only two other dolls used event items and/or higher level clothing. After the first round I was in 7th place?! And then I find out, that you have to keep paying for each competition after you lose. This was not something that I anticipated, as it was advertised to us as a "small entrance fee." That entrance fee is not small if you have to pay it 20 times for any chance at a prize.

To me, this event seems 100% rigged. I will no longer be participating in it.

I know Koko does not want us to negatively comment on other player's dolls, so I am just leaving this here as an example of what I mean by "default" style. I have seen so many people wearing this (on the bottom). My doll is on the top.

IMG_1186.jpg

My thoughts on how it could be improved?

(1) Return back to the old way where we would have to buy the item. At least this is a one-time purchase, so you will still be getting k-stars out of us somehow (since it is very clear that this is all Glu wants).

(2) Keep the format of this one, but fix it so that it is no longer rigged. I like competing against 7 players, and I like seeing who I'm up against. And of course I like faster results. But we can tell that it is rigged (whether by Glu or other players). Fix this so that the outfits people actually put effort into win.

It seems very fishy to me that I can enter an outfit and be first every round, and then enter it again and not get close to winning...
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    It says is 14 hrs 'till the end. Does it mean that this mess is only for today and tomorrow we'll have our normal event?
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • BlacChynaBlacChyna Registered Users 43 Posts
    LOL so i decided to wear something very basic and VERY expected & won.

mm4chd.png
    Beyonce is pregnant with twins respect God and bow down. And happy black history month where all the blacks get the appreciation they deserve and black heroes who are long forgotten will be remembered all this month. :cool: - A'sia
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Thanks for posting your feedback! The whole team is listening closely so we can take your suggestions into consideration when we design events. We will continue to mix up the schedule of events and offer a variety, which includes the classics.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Thanks for posting your feedback! The whole team is listening closely so we can take your suggestions into consideration when we design events. We will continue to mix up the schedule of events and offer a variety, which includes the classics.

I mean, we've made our voices pretty clear about not wanting to pay for events like SYS and yet, here we are. I just find it amazing that Glu really thought this would be a good idea at all.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I think what bothered players were the obviously identifiable looking dolls were being labled as horrendous and ugly. TBH, from this point I'll delete dolls that are obvious trendsetters (and identifable dolls) but if it's a generic look, I'll leave it. Lets try that for a while.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I'm out. I will never again participate in this type of event. I just lost to a doll wearing the starter teal pants, red hair and blue eyeshadow. Maybe we are playing against real players but I REFUSE to believe people voted for this look. I'm not stupid
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    The timer that you see represents the time remaining for the required item. There will be 3 required items in total for this weekend event. The event will end on Monday @ 1 AM EST.

If you see a "Whoops" error message, make sure you have a strong WiFi connection. You will not lose anything in your game as a result.

If you see a button in the tournament that says "please wait", you probably only need to wait a few minutes until you can participate again.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Kkh_deeKkh_dee Registered Users 5 Posts
    I never got to submit a look though. It's been that way since opening my game this morning. It's getting frustrating.
  • mocastilhomocastilho Registered Users 120 Posts
    The timer that you see represents the time remaining for the required item. There will be 3 required items in total for this weekend event. The event will end on Monday @ 1 AM EST.
    Kalinda are we, fb users, getting this event?
    Thanks for your time
  • Ananas1033Ananas1033 Registered Users 23 Posts
    This event is awful. Like everyone, I won the boots. However, I lost the next round to dolls that were styled like everyone else's screenshots. I'm not going to waste my time on this event. I would be happy to never see this event again. I also agree that this is not a great weekend event, but it is more of a weekday event if glu wants to continue it. I still won't play it no matter when they do it. It's just all around a bad idea. SYS is a much better event, since you can still make progress towards the prize even if you lose.
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    :) All the cheaters are posting on instagram how they've finished the event :):) I hate everything :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    Exactly. Because again players with hacked games have an advantage over us paying customers. They can just keep trying since they don't have to worry about cost. I spent 300kstars and I have two items this is ridiculous.
  • King KylieKing Kylie Registered Users 60 Posts
    This event is simply impossible to play, unless you have thousands of kstars. The odds are absolutely against us, not even sure if it's worth trying. The few times I was ahead the event crashes. Sorry for the rant, but I'm incredibly upset at glu for thinking this was going to be in any way shape or form fun for us. I hope all these items are added in the throwback boxes soon (new year, new content plz!) so we have another chance to get them.
  • colormylifecolormylife Registered Users 6 Posts
    Hey! Longtime lurker here, first post. I just needed to put my voice out there and say I agree with what's being said. After the first round (which the player is clearly rigged to win), it seems nearly impossible to get 1st place. Something is clearly not right with this event. It's either:

A) The entire thing is just a computer algorithm, no votes are actually counted and the winner is randomly selected

B) Players are voting strategically against the best looks, so that they have a better chance of winning the round

I'm not thrilled about the cost to play, but 5 K stars to enter a round wouldn't be so bad if the system actually felt fair.

tumblr_ojdbkpf34i1swzqvno1_1280.jpg
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    I'm not sure I kind of feel like deleting this game again - there are some things about it which I like so much and I honestly love the design and the clothes/ hair/ shoes/ accessories we get added to the game and even in this event I can see there are some really nice items, but the whole thing is just like a cycle of disappointment unless you can afford lots of kstars which I can't, or unless you play the game illegitimately and I don't want to do that because I know how strongly the forum community feels about it and I don't want to play the game in a way that makes me unwelcome here. Joining the forum way back made the game more fun. Right now the game is just giving me a headache.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Muse DiaMuse Dia Registered Users 28 Posts
    Won the first round, but after reading the forums I am not even going to bother with paying stars for this. Just seems like a way to get money out of us :( I want the good old SYS events back, those were so awesome!
  • Ananas1033Ananas1033 Registered Users 23 Posts
    :) All the cheaters are posting on instagram how they've finished the event :):) I hate everything :)

This is exactly what is wrong with the event. If the advantage is towards the hacked games, what's the point for the honest players.
  • kynlm15kynlm15 Registered Users 3 Posts
    Amilicious wrote: »
    Exactly. Because again players with hacked games have an advantage over us paying customers. They can just keep trying since they don't have to worry about cost. I spent 300kstars and I have two items this is ridiculous.

I didn't even know it was possible to hack the game... I'm so naive :rolleyes:
  • HazelCHazelC Registered Users 26 Posts
    I actually won the first 3 rounds so i thought i broke the "curse" of only winning the first item. Until i came to that jacket, all of a sudden i came eight with the exact same look. I started changing my outfit because i thought that using the same look was againt the rules or something. Also the error came up like 3 times saying that there was an error after i submitted my look, but i never got my k-stars back. I was really positive and very excited for this event yesterday but turns out the excitement was misplaced. All the items are really gorgeous too, such a shame.
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    It starts in 15 minutes!

I can't wait to see how the event works, I think it's nice they are trying something new. Curious though what the entry fee is (Kash/K-stars), but I'm excited about all the items and K-stars you can win!

Thanks, Linda!! :) I couldn't sleep last night so I thought I might as well wait up for the event.. of course I fell asleep right before I saw your reply :p haha
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • ellelaurinellelaurin Registered Users 24 Posts

Wow people can still cheat? I thought all of that was long gone :(

Since there are three phases I don't mind the opportunity to get 3 free entries (right?! or am I getting this wrong), but the cost to continue really adds up fast for just a *chance* to win something. If I'm going to shell out crazy amounts of K-stars, I'd rather it be a direct purchase or a chance to win a prize within a specific category - like boxes just for hair, shoes etc. I'm not into this high stakes gambling with my hard-earned and paid for K-stars!

edited to add: I understand that the first time a new event type is launched bugs are likely, but I hope in the future Glu would consider the first version to have a lower price point (or even free) to enter so they can get the feedback they need on glitches and errors without everyone getting so frustrated. I don't expect the game to be perfect, especially with new launches, but I think it's also reasonable not to make a new event costly when it's still effectively in beta mode.