Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    I've been thinking over and over again about how to make this event less frustrating for us players yet be able to charge for it. So here is my suggestion, make a flat entry fee for each league. Say 25 50 100 for example, I could even let go of wining kstars at prizes for this. Just give us the opportunity of a fair shot at completing this even without having to spend hundreds of dollars.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    How many of you know I can't keep my big mouth shut? For all my complaining, I'm playing sort of. Don't hate me. It's one game, and I have been stuck for hours after breezing through the first two prizes on this game. THen i sat stagnating with the daily total cost over for 3 games at 200Stars Then I saw the prizes on IG with people boldly saying "Well, at least you have the hack. I have limited stars" and the well dressed game replying, 'we'll yeah, There is that' . And I don't see how I'm out 200 Stars, but people putting not a cent into the game are walking around fully outfitted and Prized up.

I know people are paying. Look at me. I may not be paying as much as some who will win all the prizes, I know I'm paying more than players who tested the water, dropped 20 or so and walked away. And i'm not really playing but every so often I try again and say you, know, I'm bound to do better than 7th at some point. I guess I'm having a hard time understanding that I'm going to keep paying to lose.

In my heart of hearts, I think glu will either fix this KlusterK of an event or better yet just kill it.

We wouldn't expect glu to repeat an unfortunate event that was going to make them bleed profits. By the same token, if the players bleed out trying to win a thumbnail of a prize, they won't be around to play again. That's what happens when you bleed out. it's over.

Does this mean I've totally walked away from this event? No. I may be smart, but sometimes the heart wants want it wants and I can be dumber than dirt at times. Do we get prizes for being the biggest losers? I'll spend toward that goal.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I've said this before and I will say it again: When the level of unfairness is this high, people get frustrated, feel screwed over and then they hack their games.

I won't hack mine because I'm not a thief. The level of bad blood this company continues to raise by not ACTUALLY listening to the crux of complaints is making me want to quit though.

Here's an idea to fix this event: delete the coding, pour holy water on the vessel with which this evil thing was created, disinfect any staff that was exposed to it, then never speak of it again.

I'm telling you, if I see this event again, I'm just going to see red and abandon the game. As it is, I'm so mad I don't even want to look at it to play the Toronto storyline quests right now. The event timer is like a big middle finger just pointed at me.

For the record, I will say I gave it a fair shot. I won the first round and decided I would parlay my winning stars until I was back to my starting pre-event kstar point. I won two rounds and then the third round failed me repeatedly.

It's a terrible event. People are signing up to the forum to tell you this. This isn't a message to retool, it's a message to kill it with fire.
  • bwalshbwalsh Registered Users 12 Posts
    Wow a lot happened overnight! I managed to stay up at get all the novice prizes while only losing 5 kstars overall but after that it's been straight down hill. I think I was in early enough people were still voting for the better looks but now I'm just losing every round. I agree with everyone saying they should make it so you vote for another group. Voting on the group you're in is just a poor decision cus obviously people are gonna try to rig it. No one here is trying to lose to another look.

I don't really mind spending the k stars (i do think it should be way less though or use cash for some every user suggested way is a better option than this) but when it's this rigged it's awful. Also the items are not the best the expert coat is the thing I really want but I will never be able to afford it. I love that we get so many prizes but until the voting is fixed and it's not just an endless sea of wasted kstars I cannot get behind the event.
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    So like I pay my 5 kstars to start a round and immediately after it says Round 1 is finished and Round 2 is starting. I proceed and then right before round 3 is supposed to finish I get a Whoops error and get kicked out of the event and do not win anything. This has been happening every single time for me and it's so annoying and beyond frustrating. Just curious if that's been happening for anyone else? The starting with Round 1 finishing immediately thing.
  • Julia SchroederJulia Schroeder Registered Users 30 Posts
    WORST EVENT EVER
    I am very upset. I've won only the First and the second item and I've tried so hard to won them, and I've lost many kstars...And I also think that the victory is a random thing... I've styled many outfits and I think they are cute...And then I lose against basic outfits...
  • Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    I won the first two rounds and was excited. By the third round I was hoping to win so I could earn one of those pieces of clothing for getting three wins in a row, but all of a sudden I lost. I tried again and won, but I've probably wasted 15-20 k-stars trying to get to the next tier. I've only won 4/16 tiers and I've given up. This event is extremely dissapointing and I hate that we have to waste our k-stars to participate. It's one thing to have an entry fee, but to have to pay each time you submit a look is absolutely ridiculous. On top of that, the winners have the ugliest outfits (Sorry to be abrasive, but I'm not going to be politically correct to save someone's feelings). I'm so disappointed in Glu because I feel like they aren't listening to our suggestions. They're just making this game less and less fun and I'm tired of it.
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    The timer that you see represents the time remaining for the required item. There will be 3 required items in total for this weekend event. The event will end on Monday @ 1 AM EST.

If you see a "Whoops" error message, make sure you have a strong WiFi connection. You will not lose anything in your game as a result.

If you see a button in the tournament that says "please wait", you probably only need to wait a few minutes until you can participate again.

Oh ok. So,that pretty much means, with the 2 kstars I have, with no possibility of buying more and no free video offers, that the event has ended for me...
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Thanks, Linda!! :) I couldn't sleep last night so I thought I might as well wait up for the event.. of course I fell asleep right before I saw your reply :p haha

Hi Tara!Nice to see you! How is your pregnancy?
    How many of you know I can't keep my big mouth shut? For all my complaining, I'm playing sort of. Don't hate me. It's one game, and I have been stuck for hours after breezing through the first two prizes on this game. THen i sat stagnating with the daily total cost over for 3 games at 200Stars Then I saw the prizes on IG with people boldly saying "Well, at least you have the hack. I have limited stars" and the well dressed game replying, 'we'll yeah, There is that' . And I don't see how I'm out 200 Stars, but people putting not a cent into the game are walking around fully outfitted and Prized up.

I know people are paying. Look at me. I may not be paying as much as some who will win all the prizes, I know I'm paying more than players who tested the water, dropped 20 or so and walked away. And i'm not really playing but every so often I try again and say you, know, I'm bound to do better than 7th at some point. I guess I'm having a hard time understanding that I'm going to keep paying to lose.

In my heart of hearts, I think glu will either fix this KlusterK of an event or better yet just kill it.

We wouldn't expect glu to repeat an unfortunate event that was going to make them bleed profits. By the same token, if the players bleed out trying to win a thumbnail of a prize, they won't be around to play again. That's what happens when you bleed out. it's over.

Does this mean I've totally walked away from this event? No. I may be smart, but sometimes the heart wants want it wants and I can be dumber than dirt at times. Do we get prizes for being the biggest losers? I'll spend toward that goal.

Oh no Koko, sorry you're not getting the results you want.

You know what? I just putted on my mind that this event wasn't meant to me.

Is there an event going on? lol

Morning's past news.

Now about the weekend (pointless) storyline, did someone else felt that it is take longer than the normal to finish the first one? I mean, I spent more than the usual two energy bars...:eek:
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LenochkaLenochka Registered Users 179 Posts
    Ok, so this weeks event is not the best. I share the opinion with many of you and think Glu should try to improve this event or completely discard it as clearly it doesn't work. If not for the fact that I don't find any of the prizes appealing, I would probably be more upset. It's a very expensive event to participate in and not everyone is willing or can spend hundreds of k-stars for no substantial reward. It's all very disappointing, especially that the winners are not picked based on the look, as ether (if the voters actually pick the winner) everyone is trying to win so select the worst outfits or (if it's an algorithm) the chances to win are minimised in order to increase k-star spending. Basically it all feels like a trap ether way. I played the audition round won (like everyone) used my 5 k-star prize to submit the look for the bag lost to a (in my opinion) very horrible outfit and called it a day. I will not be participating any further.

Suggestions to improve this event:
    - make the first four rounds free so we all have a chance to get prizes like we would in any other event. Or instead of k-stars make it Kash to enter
    - develop a better way to pick winners (this is probably the most important one)
    - instead of us going through all the stages having to win items we might not particularly want allow us to pick with item we want to enter for.

On a more happy note. I saw this on the KKH official Instagram. Koko if this is classed as a spoiler I'm sorry, let me know I will take it of. The hair with the bun is amazing and I can't wait for the event when I can get it. This is the event I will be spending my k stars on!

IMG_1628.jpg
    My Doll's Name is 🌸Kara🌸
    Level 42 - A+++
    Platform: iOS
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    I come back from a day trip, and read through 15 pages of unhappiness. I just tried it for Xan, definitely won the first round and losing the second, as expected.

I'm going to try my best tho. I really like all of the guy's items up to the green coat which I would have chased if it was a GB item.
    PM to add
  • KatinkaeKatinkae Registered Users 845 Posts
    I get why people hack this game now...... Almost considering hacking it myself :mad: this is soooo frustrating!!!!! Glu is ALL about money!! This event sucks! The VIP events wants us to spend 500 f******* k stars!!!!! And the GB boxes cost 40 k stars!!

Its insanely alot of k stars and real money spent. I have played this game for over 3 years now, but im seriously considering just boycotting or delete it all....

Im sorry but im sooo frustrated
    Player since day 1 🤩 iOS 🇳🇴

📢 ‼️ let us exchange things in our closet we dont like into k stars/diamonds
  • Dany27Dany27 Registered Users 22 Posts
    Yeah I'm over this event too.. Like others won the first 2 and I was excited but I lost the 3rd one 4 times. Giving up on it not worth thee Kstars or time, definitely prefer sys event over this anytime I hope to never see this event again.
    Daily iOS 10 player
    FB friend requests welcome at https://www.facebook.com/dany.may27
  • paavotilvispaavotilvis Users Awaiting Email Confirmation 9 Posts
    I love the idea of this event, I just think that the amount of K-stars you have to pay to submit your outfit is ridiculous.
  • KardashiKardashi Registered Users 1 Posts
    I have been playing since the beginning and I have been on this forum before but never registered. I only registered because of this weekend event. I think it's a horrible event. After the first few times and losing, I decided to read this forum and I am glad I did. Not wasting anymore of my k stars when I barely get by with VIP events. First weekend event I will not be doing. Very unsatisfied!!
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I've wasted about 100 Kstars, won two items. Another event only people with unlimited amount of KStars enjoy. Disappointed. With 3 KStars left I won't be able to win ANYTHING more. I hate this.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

I think it's a shame this event is such a flop because I really do like the idea of it. I love how there's so many prizes and such to win. However, all the issues with this event just do not allow me to justify participating anymore. I've already spent way more kstars than I should have. Hopefully Glu is able to just work out the kinks and not remove the event completely cause I do like the general concept and think it could be great with a little more (okay quite a bit more) finessing.
  • PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    I love the idea of this event, I just think that the amount of K-stars you have to pay to submit your outfit is ridiculous.

I definitely agree that the event itself isn't bad, if only because it's a different format from the same-old. It's the execution of the event that's so terrible, among the k-star cost, the glitchy/ potentially rigged voting, and the very small guarantee of a win. I would enjoy it much more if those issues were fixed somehow.
  • Ananas1033Ananas1033 Registered Users 23 Posts
    Kardashi wrote: »
    I have been playing since the beginning and I have been on this forum before but never registered. I only registered because of this weekend event. I think it's a horrible event. After the first few times and losing, I decided to read this forum and I am glad I did. Not wasting anymore of my k stars when I barely get by with VIP events. First weekend event I will not be doing. Very unsatisfied!!

I've played almost since the beginning and have participated in all the weekend events too. It's the first event I've quite early too.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Can someone help me? I'm at the four items (the stocking) and when I'm about to submit a look the preview of my outfit changes and I have the default long white skirt. I'm afraid that I'll have this skirt even when I'm in the rounds even if I change it in the wardrobe :( I think the problem are the stocking.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • cocofabulouscocofabulous Registered Users 442 Posts
    Popping in to express my displeasure for this event...

This game should be all about celebrating fashion and individual styles, but you're making it unnecessarily competitive and that has already started to breed jealousy and meanness. You're not giving anyone but the hackers a fair chance at winning anymore and that's really demeaning, especially to those who don't have the more fabulous items.

NOBODY needs The Hunger Games: Kim Kardashian Hollywood right now and I will not be participating in these events. Virtual clothes are not worth the stress and feelings of inadequacy you're invoking throughout your community.
    GC: Coco Fabulous
  • BlacChynaBlacChyna Registered Users 43 Posts
    :) All the cheaters are posting on instagram how they've finished the event :):) I hate everything :)

Really????.
    Beyonce is pregnant with twins respect God and bow down. And happy black history month where all the blacks get the appreciation they deserve and black heroes who are long forgotten will be remembered all this month. :cool: - A'sia
    I can't even win these rounds with an ugly look. I tried copying the ugly winning looks and even that didn't work. This has got to be rigged somehow lmao
  • ThanatosXThanatosX Registered Users 39 Posts
    Yeah I haven't been able to get in either, just get that error. Sucks.
    iOS
  • CloudyPianoCloudyPiano Registered Users 24 Posts
    Cheating aside, I just didn't like the event and quit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    xXLucyXx wrote: »
    egg what was your previous username was it egg as well I'm intrigued :D

hi hello i was nebula macaron... or macaron nebula? lmao i honestly forgot but those were the words in my username for sure.
    @kaylaJ that makes sense, still tho... it kinda sucks.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    egg wrote: »
    hi hello i was nebula macaron... or macaron nebula? lmao i honestly forgot but those were the words in my username for sure.
    @kaylaJ that makes sense, still tho... it kinda sucks.

Oh yeah it was nebula macaron! I remember :)
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    2017_01_06_18_43_12_1_1.png

Not even hacked games like this event glu, look at that poor girl you made her "spent so many kstars"

What a joke
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Did anyone else see that this has been added to the event? I hope this is a sign that Glu is listening to our feedback and realizes that this is a bad event. Of course this doesn't even begin to fix the event, but I hope it shows acknowledgment.

IMG_1187.png
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh