Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Thanks again for sharing your feedback about the Who Wore It Best? competition. We just released an offer for bonus K-stars, which will last all weekend!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Wow Camila! Blatantly showing that she was cheating and still have the audacity to complain to Glu and demand they fix the game so she can have an easier time cheating and spending K stars that she didn't even pay for. These hackers have a lot of nerve. :mad:
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy our surprise.

Thanks Kalinda! I must have been too speedy for you, lol. Those of us who participate in the forum really do appreciate your involvement here - I just want to make sure that you know that our negative feelings about the event are in no way directed to you. :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I'm so frustrated. I wasn't even able to win the second prize, even though I spent all my remaining Kstars on trying. This whole thing is such a glitchy random mess. I hate it. I really really hate it and I pray to God that we'll never have to endure something like this ever again. This event is a hit in the face for every loyal and passionate player out there. At least Glu made the cheaters happy. Congratulations.
  • Tarabella08Tarabella08 Registered Users 465 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Hi Tara!Nice to see you! How is your pregnancy?

Hi Vats!!! Thanks! It's nice to be back, even with all the craziness this weekend haha :) I'm actually miserable at this point, but I only have 6 weeks left!! Yay!! We still don't have a name picked out though.. I'm kinda freaking out about that a little haha ;) He's doing great though, and that's what's most important :) I hope you're doing well!! Besides the frustration from this event haha
    GC: tarabella08
    Feel free to add me! I love playing with new friends :)
    XoXo
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    So Vats and a few others mentioned earlier that they think that the best looks aren't winning because people are voting for the worst looks so the best ones won't win and I decided to test it out. I went with the ugliest look I could come up with.

a05vsbel.jpg

And this was the result.
    aeb5KSDl.jpg

Yeah, my doll won second place with that monstrosity. So, I looked at the first place winner and thought maybe it's not the bad looks that are winning, but the plain ones. Maybe my doll was trying too hard and people would vote for a simple look.

So, I went with this look.
    cEC43xRl.jpg

And here is the result.
    pFvHoLEl.jpg

I went with a simple look and got sixth place. I'm trying to experiment to find out just how the voting is being done in this event and it seems what others said was true. The more horrible looks seems to give you the better chance of winning. If I win some more K stars I will try again with an ugly look to see if it works, but I refuse to buy any K stars. I made a promise not to spend any money on this game this year unless I really want something and I intend to keep it. Also, thank you Kalinda and Glu for the surprise K stars.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Thank you so much Glu for the stars for 5Star gigs. That's what I call responsive. And I said that in my heart of hearts I think glu is going to fix things. We may not have clothes but we have an event Let's earned those stars. And does anyone know if tomorrow's new outfit for submission means there are new prizes or am I still stuck trying to win that backpack?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Thank you so much Glu for the stars for 5Star gigs. That's what I call responsive. And I said that in my heart of hearts I think glu is going to fix things. We may not have clothes but we have an event Let's earned those stars. And does anyone know if tomorrow's new outfit for submission means there are new prizes or am I still stuck trying to win that backpack?

Personally, I feel like there are too many prizes for there to be new ones each day. I think we'll have the same ones for the weekend! I'm happy with this though, because it means there will be less items I'll miss out on.

And Koko I've read your earlier posts, I'm so sorry you spent that many k-stars with nothing to show for it. :( Let's hope they don't throw a VIP at us next weekend, because that would be really horrible.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Aw thanks. And the thing is, I don't even know how I spent that much. I got boots (who didn't) I got a backpack. And shoes for AppleP. Thing is I love the earrings, and really wish we had gift boxes with some items. And oddly, I do hope for a VIP next week. I want to buy things with my stars. I have such a compulsion to keep trying because my luck has to change. Where is that You know you're addicted thread?....I have a few more. How about you? Lol.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Kkh_deeKkh_dee Registered Users 5 Posts
    That's great and all about the kstars, but my problem is being completely ignored. I opened my game this morning, and where is says "enter a look" says "please wait". I never submitted a look, so it's not a cool down. I have no chances to participate, and it's frustrating.
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    I'm grateful for the bonus K star offer. I'm definitely going to grind to make up all the K stars I wasted on this event!
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I got boots (who didn't)

I didn't. I didn't even get the backback. The boots were my goal, but they are impossible for me to get so I gave up.
  • BrianneBrianne Registered Users 144 Posts
    Happy to see that we now have a k-star event as well!! It's good to know that Glu is listening & cares about their user base.
    add me on iOS Gamecenter: 3rianne
    My doll's name is Aria Hawke. 🌸
  • NoblestRomanaNoblestRomana Registered Users 36 Posts
    I would not mind this type of event if there was a one time fee per level and then maybe forcing us to wait for like an hour to enter again for free if you loose with the kstars option being given if you want to re-enter immediately. But considering the 2/8 odds of winning and the terrible prices for the other spots 250 cash for 5 kstars which are not cheap, come on. I'm just not wasting my time or money with these odds.
  • PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    Thanks again for sharing your feedback about the Who Wore It Best? competition. We just released an offer for bonus K-stars, which will last all weekend!

I noticed this and logged on here to see what was going on. Thanks for the chance to earn some more stars! :)
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    I echo the sentiments of the majority. So disappointed in this event. I lost in the 2nd round (I forget what place I came in), and like others are saying, I lost to a very basic look. Now seeing how this event works, the risk reward is not worth it. My k-stars are too valuable. I will be sitting this one out.
  • LantsPanceLantsPance Registered Users 998 Posts
    What annoys me the most is that some people that are winning... I KNOW my outfits are better than their's. I just don't understand how 'voting' works. Is it in real time, which is why it has to take the time to find other people? I'm not a fan. :(
    Daily iOS KKH player
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts

Thank you so much for including this on the event!

I'm having a tough week and grind for k-stars is a good distraction.

I read some suggestions from players here how to improve the event that are really good. Please GluGods take note of them.

I'm sorry for those who aren't able to even send a look, hope they fix it for you guys.

I can say I'm grateful for getting the first prize as incentive to keep going with the event. At least I got something cool.
    2017_01_06_18_43_12_1_1.png

Not even hacked games like this event glu, look at that poor girl you made her "spent so many kstars"

What a joke

This is the best thing I read today! Seriously! Poor hacked guys, wishing from the bottom of my heart that Glu think on them next time:rolleyes:

Hi Vats!!! Thanks! It's nice to be back, even with all the craziness this weekend haha :) I'm actually miserable at this point, but I only have 6 weeks left!! Yay!! We still don't have a name picked out though.. I'm kinda freaking out about that a little haha ;) He's doing great though, and that's what's most important :) I hope you're doing well!! Besides the frustration from this event haha

Glad he's kicking, pun intented, definitely not an easy task to choose a name, but try to relax the right one will pops up in your mind and everything will sound perfect! Hope you find more tranquility on the coming weeks. Sending good thoughts;)
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I manage to get to the "pro" level (not without problems and disappointement) but now things are even more hard! Luckily I didn't have to spend real money to buy k stars because what I had was enough, but now I don't have anymore of them! For the pro rounds you have to submit 10 k stars for look and everytime that I tried I ended up on seven/eight position with the same outfit with which I won before!
    The positive thing is that now I notice that people tend to vote for a good look and not the ugly ones anymore, so I appreciate the effort!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    Those "special prizes" are ridiculous! I mean, yes they are cute and I wish I could win them specially because they are much more beautiful than the regular prizes, but seriously Glu? You want us to win first place THREE TIMES IN A ROW at the same tier to get them? Are you kidding me? Do you have any idea how hard it is to win first place ONE TIME? I really can´t believe this. This whole event is a big mess.
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    So Vats and a few others mentioned earlier that they think that the best looks aren't winning because people are voting for the worst looks so the best ones won't win and I decided to test it out. I went with the ugliest look I could come up with.

a05vsbel.jpg

And this was the result.
    aeb5KSDl.jpg

Yeah, my doll won second place with that monstrosity. So, I looked at the first place winner and thought maybe it's not the bad looks that are winning, but the plain ones. Maybe my doll was trying too hard and people would vote for a simple look.

So, I went with this look.
    cEC43xRl.jpg

And here is the result.
    pFvHoLEl.jpg

I went with a simple look and got sixth place. I'm trying to experiment to find out just how the voting is being done in this event and it seems what others said was true. The more horrible looks seems to give you the better chance of winning. If I win some more K stars I will try again with an ugly look to see if it works, but I refuse to buy any K stars. I made a promise not to spend any money on this game this year unless I really want something and I intend to keep it. Also, thank you Kalinda and Glu for the surprise K stars.

Of course they do. I mean, I don't want to vote for the best one if I know everybody else is voting for that one too. If I vote for the best mine will not win. I think that's what's happening. People is not voting for the best because the best one is the one I submitted, if I vote for a cute one, that one will win and I don't want that, I want to win.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    This is the best thing I read today! Seriously! Poor hacked guys, wishing from the bottom of my heart that Glu think on them next time:rolleyes:

It's hilarius isn't it? Imagine people going back to a store to complain about a defective item after they stole it lol

And she took a screenshot of my post and called me irrelevant and basic :D isn't that cute? she must be a teenager, they use those words these days right?
    And if you are reading this, hun: I blocked your username because we can't call people out here, i'm sorry i didn't give you a shout out or the attention that you so desperately crave.
    Kid's these days, always looking for drama...

Oh Vats I really want that short hair (novice) it reminds me of Maggie, my doll wants to be the BFF of your Jesus :D
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Screenshot_2017_01_07_00_08_28_1.png

HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR.....
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Screenshot_2017_01_07_00_08_28_1.png

HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR HAIR.....

The depressing part about that picture is those could very well be future WWIB prizes that we'll never get
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    It's hilarius isn't it? Imagine people going back to a store to complain about a defective item after they stole it lol

And she took a screenshot of my post and called me irrelevant and basic :D isn't that cute? she must be a teenager, they use those words these days right?
    And if you are reading this, hun: I blocked your username because we can't call people out here, i'm sorry i didn't give you a shout out or the attention that you so desperately crave.
    Kid's these days, always looking for drama...

Oh Vats I really want that short hair (novice) it reminds me of Maggie, my doll wants to be the BFF of your Jesus :D

Ignore it. Hackers/cheaters are generally pathetic and not worth your time (or anyone else's time here). I only wish Glu would stop creating events that make it easier for them. Thank you for posting that initial post, though - it gave me a really good laugh. Oh no! The event made the poor girl spend some of her (unlimited) stolen kstars! If only Glu would think of the cheaters next time...
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • Muse DiaMuse Dia Registered Users 28 Posts
    Love that Glu listened to us and gave us the 5 star event on the side.

Sadly the problem with the main event, I think, is people know they themselves are competing against these 7 others. So a lot won't vote for the best looking outfit because that will generally give them a worse chance of winning. Sadly a lot seem to do this so the "bad" outfits seem to come out on top in many cases as shown here on the forum
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    I know we're all frustrated, I am as well. But for me a literal miracle happened. I got to the second stage and won 3 times in a row moving up to the last stage. It took me literally forever and around 300k stars to win the purse and I was so happy. So I decided to try for the boots, they were my holy grail item. I won second place then won them (I was using the pink cute purse). Then I decided to use both the purse and boots from stage 3 on a whim and won the pink coat thingie. I stopped there cause I'm not interested in the hair.
    I don't know if it's dumb luck or people actually liked my styled look using the high tier items just to get me out, but I came even basically getting the last 3 items for no kstars spent. Just wanted to mention as well that my game isn't hacked and I ended up having to buy 100 euros worth of kstars and spent about half.

I stick to my belief that the event is certainly not fair, the fees and the system. How can I be first in 2 rounds and yet finish on 7th place? I absolutely adore the idea behind the event, the fact that there are so many items and I'm hoping with some tweaks we can have something amazing.
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    Yeah... I'm pretty much done with this game. I've been playing less and less over the past few months. The big update brought me back in for awhile but I'm so over this game that I honestly just keep forgetting to play. I used to play every single day. I was obsessed with trying to get every single event item and I use to watch ads for k stars religiously.

Then two things happened:
    -The throwback sale returned! I first I was so thrilled! I had been saving my Kstars I the hopes that we would get another throwback sale. However, after spending thousands of stars I realized that the throwback sales are rigged so that you can only get hair and other coveted items after you already own ALL accessories, shoes etc. There should be an equal chance to get any throwback item in the boxes.
    -Then, they made it so that you can only watch ONE video for Kstars a day before it forces you to the "other offers" section. Most of the "other offers" are scams or a huge pain to try to navigate, without guarantee you will even get the stars. Even worse, I don't always get a Kstar for the video I watch, sometimes it's only an energy.

And now we have this event, which might even be fun if it weren't so transparently rigged and overly priced. This is so much worse than having to buy the item to participate or wait 4 hours. Yeah... I'm not even going to bother with this one.

Oh well, it's probably for the best. Since I've been playing this stupid game so much less, I've had much more time to read on the Muni and on my breaks. So I guess I can say thank you Glu for breaking my addiction to this time suck of a game.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Amilicious wrote: »

I stick to my belief that the event is certainly not fair, the fees and the system. How can I be first in 2 rounds and yet finish on 7th place? I absolutely adore the idea behind the event, the fact that there are so many items and I'm hoping with some tweaks we can have something amazing.

Congrats! You are so lucky, I would love to have the boots but I was never able to move past the backpack with and without basic looks.

And I like the idea of the event as well, but agree about the tweaks. In fact, I think it was you and others who mentioned the flat fee for each tier with unlimited chances even taking out the stars & kash backup prizes. That would be fine with me as well.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    With all due respect, there are no tweaks that can be made to this event that will fix the crucial flaw that results have no basis in who actually 'wore it best'. People are voting arbitrarily for mediocre looks. Shelling out kstars after kstars on a gamble you can't control is ridiculous.

If I ever see this event again, I'm deleting my game. If Glu can't take 99% of players HATING the event as a sign they need to kill it, then I just don't think they care or respect us.