Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    Congrats! You are so lucky, I would love to have the boots but I was never able to move past the backpack with and without basic looks.

And I like the idea of the event as well, but agree about the tweaks. In fact, I think it was you and others who mentioned the flat fee for each tier with unlimited chances even taking out the stars & kash backup prizes. That would be fine with me as well.

Thank you so much, it was a massive pain and for some reason I got lucky so I wanted to share just in case it helps someone else. And yes, I am really hoping that there can be a fair way to make this type of event happen.
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Ignore it. Hackers/cheaters are generally pathetic and not worth your time (or anyone else's time here). I only wish Glu would stop creating events that make it easier for them. Thank you for posting that initial post, though - it gave me a really good laugh. Oh no! The event made the poor girl spend some of her (unlimited) stolen kstars! If only Glu would think of the cheaters next time...

THAT made me laugh :D

I should have ignored it! But what can i say, I'm in a snappy mood :D
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    Amilicious wrote: »
    I know we're all frustrated, I am as well. But for me a literal miracle happened. I got to the second stage and won 3 times in a row moving up to the last stage. It took me literally forever and around 300k stars to win the purse and I was so happy. So I decided to try for the boots, they were my holy grail item. I won second place then won them (I was using the pink cute purse). Then I decided to use both the purse and boots from stage 3 on a whim and won the pink coat thingie. I stopped there cause I'm not interested in the hair.
    I don't know if it's dumb luck or people actually liked my styled look using the high tier items just to get me out, but I came even basically getting the last 3 items for no kstars spent. Just wanted to mention as well that my game isn't hacked and I ended up having to buy 100 euros worth of kstars and spent about half.

I stick to my belief that the event is certainly not fair, the fees and the system. How can I be first in 2 rounds and yet finish on 7th place? I absolutely adore the idea behind the event, the fact that there are so many items and I'm hoping with some tweaks we can have something amazing.
    Congrats! I'm still trying to get the first hairstyle lol
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • LouiseEPLouiseEP Registered Users 2 Posts
    aren't you the girl who gets to see the weekend event items early by changing the time on their phone? "Yikes"

This I can't even feel any sympathy for her not being able to participate in the event and the fact she would call out Glu like its their fault on a problem that she obviously caused by messing around with her game. Should know the consequences because the game is not meant to be played by skipping time.

sorrybutnotsorry
  • Kkh_deeKkh_dee Registered Users 5 Posts
    LouiseEP wrote: »
    This I can't even feel any sympathy for her not being able to participate in the event and the fact she would call out Glu like its their fault on a problem that she obviously caused by messing around with her game. Should know the consequences because the game is not meant to be played by skipping time.

sorrybutnotsorry

Nope that's not me, so please don't assume so.

Also, just because I use instagran does not mean I'm a cheater.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    The timer ran out on my game, but it's still the same shirt/jacket-- wasn't the styling item supposed to change, or am I mistaken?
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    haftime wrote: »
    The timer ran out on my game, but it's still the same shirt/jacket-- wasn't the styling item supposed to change, or am I mistaken?

Weird, I still have 4 hours on my timer
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    Sorry koko for the mess you are going to have to clean
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Wait, the clothing item didn't change but the timer reset!
    PM to add
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Aw thanks. And the thing is, I don't even know how I spent that much. I got boots (who didn't) I got a backpack. And shoes for AppleP. Thing is I love the earrings, and really wish we had gift boxes with some items. And oddly, I do hope for a VIP next week. I want to buy things with my stars. I have such a compulsion to keep trying because my luck has to change. Where is that You know you're addicted thread?....I have a few more. How about you? Lol.

You are not alone Koko, I lost all self control and just had to see if I could make it to the white fur hat (because it would go sooo well with the Christmas daily box dress!!). It cost me 400 K-stars and a loooot of frustration after losing round after round after round to lesser and basic looks yesterday. But this morning my luck changed: I won 4 times in a row and made it to the white fur hat!! I'm stoppping now and will spend the rest of the weekend winning back my stars with the additional event!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Wait, the clothing item didn't change but the timer reset!

I think it changes in 1:15 hours.
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    funny how cheaters from ig still come to the forum
    what for? to look at us "stuck up b**ches"?
    go enjoy your unlimited kstars kids, glu will continue to bring great events designed just for you
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I don't care if my comment gets deleted, I'm bitter and can't bother to go to the hookah thread.
    Glu, it's like you only try to please cheaters. Yeah, people with a hack will win all of the items I'm sure your designer team spent a lot of time and put plenty of effort to design, and they are happy. But honest players like me and dozens of people on this forum are extremely upset, because even for real money we are unable to have any fun with this event. I'm down to zero KStars, I only won a bag and a pair of ugly boots and I have absolutely NO desire to open that game any more. I should've not spend ANY KStars on that scam of event because the only thing I gained from it is negative emotions and kash I don't even need. Yet again I'm disappointed in you.

It's like you want all honest players to get a hack. I'm done
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    If I wanted to pay to compete I would've played Covet a long time ago. And then, you know, Glu bought it. Every time I saw people post about wanting the Who Wore it Better event I quietly laughed my a$$ off knowing what was coming. And you'll pay, won't you? How's the stock now, Glu? Still $2.26? Loved all reviews, I mean pi$$ing on, Covet's last update.

2z5oNUL.gif

IMG_1187.png

I saw this same card when I loaded up my game after I got back. One k-star for every gig. One. Lousy k-star. What about the hundreds and then some that were spent on this event in the first place? Or are the KKH developers sitting on their butts, as usual laughing at players? I am getting really sick and tired of their bull and I want my d-mn k-stars back! This entire event just shows how poor your listening skills are. Many people have clearly stated how frustrating it is to pay for your stupid Show Your Style Event which are no better than this trash. My sim made it to "Pro I" and that's it. I'm done with this event. There are too many idiotic people playing this game and voting for circus clowns or game generated characters. I have tried copying the winners who look stupid only to lose and tried doing the same with the somewhat "normal" looks and nothing. I have never been so tempted to get the hack than right now.
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    With all due respect, there are no tweaks that can be made to this event that will fix the crucial flaw that results have no basis in who actually 'wore it best'. People are voting arbitrarily for mediocre looks. Shelling out kstars after kstars on a gamble you can't control is ridiculous.

If I ever see this event again, I'm deleting my game. If Glu can't take 99% of players HATING the event as a sign they need to kill it, then I just don't think they care or respect us.

ITA.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Now the styling item is a necklace! Glu I think it's better to change, for further events, that you have to pay 5/10/20 k stars everytime you submit a look.
    When you are at the pro/élite rounds is very hard, even because you end up in seventh or eight place because people vote for the basic looks, and you lost 10 k stars without any of them back :(
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    How does someone I never see in voting win 1st place exactly?

Seriously, I thought it would be different because today is a necklace and people would have to try but nope! The winner is wearing a basic brown dress and basic black shoes already.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Necklace?? Really Sil5678?? Why can I only see the red top as the styling item in my game?? Hmm I'm still confused. Lol
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • LyannaLyanna Registered Users 338 Posts
    I'm also really hating this weekend event and refuse to pay any more k stars to compete against ugly looks to keep coming in fourth place it's an absolute joke and I'm sure it is fixed! Absolute rubbish event bring back the old show your style event it was way better even with all the glitches! Paying to submit a look is a taking the absolute p out of us loyal players who have spent so much money on this game over the years. It's not right.
    KKH: Gigi // IRL: Andrew ✨

Game Centre // .Cullen
    Playing on iOS
    Syndra x wrote: »
    Necklace?? Really Sil5678?? Why can I only see the red top as the styling item in my game?? Hmm I'm still confused. Lol

Yes Syndra is this one!

Screenshot_20170107-123941_zps3hl9ac3b_edit_1483789247987_zpsqioohtw5.jpeg
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Doll's name Sylvia
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    Sil5678 wrote: »
    Yes Syndra is this one!

Screenshot_20170107-123941_zps3hl9ac3b_edit_1483789247987_zpsqioohtw5.jpeg

Sil5678, how many K stars did you have to spend to get that far? I'm still stuck on the third tier
    Sil5678, how many K stars did you have to spend to get that far? I'm still stuck on the third tier

This is what I have left ahahahahahaha
    (and is the original photo)

Screenshot_20170107-123941_zps3hl9ac3b.png

For now I didn't have to buy any k stars for this event but I'm seriously consider to buy some, the pro tier is so hard, 10 k stars to submit are a lot!
    I'm trying to complete gigs to get 1 k stars but it's so long to get 10 of them :(
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Doll's name Sylvia
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    After 24 hours I finally got the "Novice" clothes. I´m done here because I really don´t like the short hair and I have no interest in chasing it. The items are cute, I like the dress + coat, the backpack and the shoes seems ugly at first, but now I think I like them.

JP76uHK.png

I spent 150 kStars
    Got 60 KStars back (the K-Stars prizes + the times I went second place)
    The final math: 90 KStars for the entire outfit (without the hair)

And now the event is over for me. I´m done with it.
    I love that outfit, Paty!!

I still can't get over the fact I got the white fur hat, I keep changing my doll's outfit to match the hat, I love it!

IMG_4212.jpg

Now to go and get all my K-stars back by shooting reality shows!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    Paty wrote: »
    After 24 hours I finally got the "Novice" clothes. I´m done here because I really don´t like the short hair and I have no interest in chasing it. The items are cute, I like the dress + coat, the backpack and the shoes seems ugly at first, but now I think I like them.

JP76uHK.png

I spent 150 kStars
    Got 60 KStars back (the prizes + the times I ended in second place)

I'm like obsessed with that hairstyle, Paty! Mind sharing where you got it from? :confused:

As for the event, I got through Novice III, and I'm so done with it.
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    Linda this hat matches PERFECTLY with that dress, I loved it!! Unfortunately I didn´t win the dress in my Christmas boxes :(

Lana, this hairstyle is from 2014´s Christmas event and I was lucky enough to get it in a Throwback box some weeks ago.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Paty wrote: »

JP76uHK.png

I spent 150 kStars
    Got 60 KStars back (the K-Stars prizes + the times I went second place)

I love your doll's new outfit. Impeccable style!!!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »

I still can't get over the fact I got the white fur hat, I keep changing my doll's outfit to match the hat, I love it!

IMG_4212.jpg

I agree. The hat matches so perfectly with the dress. Nice combo!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

I got the "novice" hair! I think I'm done but those earrings are really tempting... i might give in later

I've spent around 200 kstars to get to that point UGH! I mean I spend more chasing a giftbox item sometimes but at least we have earnables! Plus the "whoops!" glitch, losing so many times to an ugly look, spending 5 kstars just to get +1 energy or 250 in kash... I'm missing those 4k boxes for pete's sake! :D
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Melimda119Melimda119 Registered Users 49 Posts
    I've spent so many of my KStars and I'm so fed up at this point. At first, I was trying hard to style the item, but I kept losing to basic looks. So then I try styling with basic clothing, and I lose to the ones that actually look good! This event is so rigged and unless you're lucky and have a ton of K Stars, you cant win. I feel robbed. After this event, I feel like Glu should give every player 100 KStars as an apology.