Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I love your doll's new outfit. Impeccable style!!!

Thankz Carol! This outfit reminds me of a college student. It´s really cute.
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Paty wrote: »
    Linda this hat matches PERFECTLY with that dress, I loved it!! Unfortunately I didn´t win the dress in my Christmas boxes :(
    I didn't win it either, but after seeing Linda's styling...
    Maybe that's a small blessing! :D

Congrats girls! Linda you look stunning as usual, Paty I love your look!
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    Thanks Camila!!

Here´s Phoebe Buffay representing our feelings about this event.

vlcsnap-2015-09-23-19h01m57s53.png
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Melimda119 wrote: »
    I've spent so many of my KStars and I'm so fed up at this point. At first, I was trying hard to style the item, but I kept losing to basic looks. So then I try styling with basic clothing, and I lose to the ones that actually look good! This event is so rigged and unless you're lucky and have a ton of K Stars, you cant win. I feel robbed. After this event, I feel like Glu should give every player 100 KStars as an apology.

Agree 100% I am beyond frustrated
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • buffyslayergalbuffyslayergal Registered Users 27 Posts
    Tried the first round again this morning when the event reset. Submitted one look I threw together with cheap/plain items and one I worked hard to make great. 8th place both times. I haven't spent many K-stars entering the second round so I'm guessing I haven't reached Glu's threshold to win. I don't think the event is real. SYS definitely wasn't and I think the same is true of this event as well. They have simply decided on an algorithm for winning/losing; there are no actual competitions. Everyone on this forum won their first round and lost their second the first time they tried it; that could never happen if the thing was legit. Can someone with the necessary expertise/talent check the coding to confirm? Glu, are you willing to release the coding in this instance to prove the whole thing isn't a fraud?
  • KueenKhloé1719KueenKhloé1719 Registered Users 111 Posts
    Ignore it. Hackers/cheaters are generally pathetic and not worth your time (or anyone else's time here). I only wish Glu would stop creating events that make it easier for them. Thank you for posting that initial post, though - it gave me a really good laugh. Oh no! The event made the poor girl spend some of her (unlimited) stolen kstars! If only Glu would think of the cheaters next time...

Katiexandraa, don't worry I bet some people FROM GLU saw her post and are working on it . It is sad to see this kind of behavior on the forum . KKH is a game where you don't need to buy Kstars there is the ad and offer options for FREE Kstars. So why hack when the app it self gives you a safe alternative . And those who do pay are still above being hackers. In ofther words hacking is what can be described as the worst way to get the "easy side" of the game. And the fact that some hackers/cheaters have the nerve of calling people out who work and save their kstars and complaining of Glu is just plain ... I guess you can call it walking on top of those who work hard.
    Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    Doll: Brie
    List: A
    lvl: 18

Kendall & Kylie game
    Doll:Khloe
    Followers: 1k
    lvl: 8
    Krew: Active and ready to join (looking)

Brie and Khloe's FB
    http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks
  • BlacChynaBlacChyna Registered Users 43 Posts
    Um what kinda of drama is going around here let's just stay away from screenshooting people on Instagram since it's going cause all this mess lmao.

Anyways, I have been wearing basic looks and I have been winning I don't win ALL the time it takes for me like 3 or 4 tries after I get the hair I'm going to stop there because I don't want lose anymore kstars.

2rdau5z.png
    Beyonce is pregnant with twins respect God and bow down. And happy black history month where all the blacks get the appreciation they deserve and black heroes who are long forgotten will be remembered all this month. :cool: - A'sia
  • littlewinglittlewing Registered Users 2 Posts
    I think the problem is they let you vote for your own opponents. And people want to win so they vote for the basic looks hoping that way they increase their chances. But since EVERYONE is doing this the basics win. so everyone starts making their design basic and the event loses the whole point. They should just let people vote on OTHER groups of 7, not the one they are competing against, that way people will vote for who they really think should win. Why would anyone help their opponent win? That's just silly..
  • KueenKhloé1719KueenKhloé1719 Registered Users 111 Posts
    The fact that WWIB has introduced the new leveling system great because it has more prizes but, the voting and entree fee need to be fixed like mabye kash for entree and 3rd place 2nd place 1st place should count as a win since the win streak is hard to achieve with all the loses per lvl.
    Kim Kardashian Hollywood
    Doll: Brie
    List: A
    lvl: 18

Kendall & Kylie game
    Doll:Khloe
    Followers: 1k
    lvl: 8
    Krew: Active and ready to join (looking)

Brie and Khloe's FB
    http://m.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=bookmarks
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I would not mind this type of event if there was a one time fee per level and then maybe forcing us to wait for like an hour to enter again for free if you loose with the kstars option being given if you want to re-enter immediately.

Love this idea!

I'll post again, there should more rewards for the second and third positions at least. I love the general concept of this event, you just need to reconsider the entry fee. 25 k-stars is a lot, even for the Elite tier!

Thanks to the k-star for every 5-star gig, I did mange to finish it.

h6qYlX8.png

Also, you can show up for the audition again for free and earn 5 stars. :)
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    After literally 20+ attempts (ALL RESULTING IN 8th PLACE), I gave up and decided to submit a joke look...
    IMG_3509_zpsvps4nmvs.jpeg

And WOW would you believe my luck... -_- This is just proof that people are voting for the less-deserving looks.
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    LOL Trevor good idea :cool: :cool:
  • eggsandbananaseggsandbananas Registered Users, Moderators 399 Posts
    Katiexandraa, don't worry I bet some people FROM GLU saw her post and are working on it . It is sad to see this kind of behavior on the forum . KKH is a game where you don't need to buy Kstars there is the ad and offer options for FREE Kstars. So why hack when the app it self gives you a safe alternative . And those who do pay are still above being hackers. In ofther words hacking is what can be described as the worst way to get the "easy side" of the game. And the fact that some hackers/cheaters have the nerve of calling people out who work and save their kstars and complaining of Glu is just plain ... I guess you can call it walking on top of those who work hard.

Hi all,

Yes, we were aware of the image before it was posted here and this has now been fixed. Thank you for playing!
    Save your Hollywood IDs so we can better help you! (Top left menu > Help > Copy ID)
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Wow congrats Bilal! You really impressed me this time!

haha Trevor you're my hero now! Thanks for the good laugh!

I gave few more tries today when the required item changed, but my best position was at the second place.

I smelled something fishy though, those two guys were wearing the prize (pants) we're competing to get at the tier...
    zt7FGH5.png

How they explain that?
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Wow congrats Bilal! You really impressed me this time!

haha Trevor you're my hero now! Thanks for the good laugh!

I gave few more tries today when the required item changed, but my best position was at the second place.

I smelled something fishy though, those two guys were wearing the prize (pants) we're competing to get at the tier...

How they explain that?

I think you can enter multiple times? I know I can do the "audition" round an extra time each day, before a timer pops up there telling me I need to wait another 24 hours. They are probably trying to get 3 in a row for the extra prizes? Or have unlimited k-stars and are bored? Who knows!

EDIT: ALSO, I feel as though there might be dolls added in by Glu, either to fill space or make it more difficult for us. Perhaps this is the case and this was a mistake on their part?
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    There's no 3 in a row prizes for guys tho.
    PM to add
  • FinFin Registered Users 211 Posts
    I think you can enter multiple times? I know I can do the "audition" round an extra time each day, before a timer pops up there telling me I need to wait another 24 hours. They are probably trying to get 3 in a row for the extra prizes? Or have unlimited k-stars and are bored? Who knows!

EDIT: ALSO, I feel as though there might be dolls added in by Glu, either to fill space or make it more difficult for us. Perhaps this is the case and this was a mistake on their part?

You can do the audition 3 times a row and win stars all the time and win the 3-win streak?
    Hi! Call me Fin! Daily KKH and KKG player

KKH:
    Alison Jane: Level 26 A on Android
    Ali Lois: Level 55 A+++ on Android
    Katherine Pierce: Level 37 A++ on iOS
    Maidelle Queen: Level 12 C on Facebook

KKG:
    Alison Jane(@ali_xoxo): Level 11 on Android
    Ali Lois(@ali_lois): Level 22 on Android

PM me for requests.
    Fin wrote: »
    You can do the audition 3 times a row and win stars all the time and win the 3-win streak?

No! Sorry I should have been more clear. I did the audition round 2x today (and 2x yesterday) just because it's the only free competition; you don't get anything unless you win (5 kstars, but I've only gotten kash as I can no longer get past 6th place, Audition goes to being like the rest of the competitions after your first rigged win).

The 3x for 3-win streak was in reference to Vats's post, where he was wondering how people were competing in the round, but already wearing the prize for that particular round. I offered the suggestion that maybe they were repeaing rounds they already won in order to try to win 3x in a row for the 3x prizes - but, as Nai kindly pointed out, male dolls don't get these prizes! So that suggestion is wrong. :)
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Intended to be a cash cow with immediate and huge profits; the unabashed greed is disgusting

If you're interested in competing against other "alleged" players, Xxxxxxxxxxxx is way open and just waiting to suck all your resources

First round for the tall, suede moc boots: The first thing I noticed about the fake competition: All but one phony "doll" was wearing the black sandals we received as a gift at the beginning of Perk Points. And yes, all dressed basic. Second: A well-known, often seen Glu-used-only doll. Third: "results" so quickly?? B.S. Last: Of course I "won" the boots, just like everyone else. The exhilaration of the "win" intended only to spur you on.

Next round: I came in 2nd, and got my five stars back. All the same dolls in basic, except two, which were hideousus.. I was done. This was mindless and moronic. It is not an event; there's no reason to mistake it for one. The idea is to get you to hemorrhage stars and money allll weekend. Reading through the posts since this travesty began, I've seen people, too many people succumb to a gambling-addiction-type mentality and an ignored super ego (yeah, I'm Freud here), replaced with a need for instant gratification, and one that just won't quit. To intentionally and happilyyank out such base reactions in people who
    Otherwise wouldn't succumb to anything of the kind is irresponsible and...just...flucked up. Your local crack dealer will also give you a first free sample. And then prey on you, because nowyou think you needit. You musthave it. Lemme try again, now, right now! I can do this, I can win this!Whether or not you really even want it. Me? I don't care for the items. I don't want them. Up until the jewelry, the handbag. But I'm not willing to pay hundreds of stars to get them. I can sit here and gamble,all day, and all night. I amable as well, to sit here and spend my already-existing several hundred stars, and buy hundreds and hundreds more stars, all day and all night. But why on earth would I do something which to me is such poor reasoning? No matter how much money a person has, the old saying still holds true: "A fool and his money are soon parted." And what about the people who don't have the money to waste; who need to buy necessities; who would rather spend those scads of money on themselves; and so many people have depleted their star stashes already, feel very bad about it, and are left without even the 2nd prize to show to their losses.

I entered a third time, about 17 hours later, to see if my luck had changed by then. It hadn't; it had only gotten worse and I came in winning two energy bolts. I don't know what I placed because what I suppose is a glitch, left that information out. I was done and done. Annoyed and pi$$ed off, at loose ends because we had no weekend event--something that probably every single doll looks
    forward to most, when I was doing that asinine emoji gig at Oak, I did something I hadn't done in almost two years, because it's no fun and there's no sense of real achievement, I broke down halfway though the gig and bought my way out of it. It suddenly and clearly struck me that the game has lost its luster--that's what hit me like a ton of bricks: Kim Kardashian: Hollywood has lost its shine. I think it started with the lowlife-inspired-greed of pay-to-play SYS events. The too many undesirable event items. All of Kim's Kanye-neutrals pulled directly and unimaginatively from camo over and over again. The weird assortment of clear shoes. This is fine for Kim. It looks well enough on her, and she's merely supporting her husband. But it was all imposed on us,and I very honestly find it out-and-out unappealing. Fine for her; very disappointing to many players wanting the--was it 2014 or 2015?--Christmas hairstyle so much that while Glu had decided to have some tb items for sale in the wardrobe during certain events (I really liked that, I got a couple of items I just love--but I was cautious here; refused to buy anything that carried an insane price tag so ended up with very few items, overpriced, but not so horribly much as others; vs. how much I wanted them, decent enough. But that Xmas hairstyle? Two hundred--200!--stars! I was happy it looked terrible on my doll. I would never have spent so much for so little, some fake hair in a virtual world. The in-wardrobe sales lasted for a very short time; maybe it was due to that outrageous pricing and so few people were buying?)

EDIT: Ohmigod, I'm so sorry, I don't know how this posted because I'm still writing it, and in an entirely different window! I'll admit I keep falling half asleep, having stayed up till 2:30 am and getting up at 5:30, so very tired but still--how??
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Isabeau, what a true and sobering post you wrote. I applaud you for being so brave in articulating how a player feels on KKH. I myself cannot even play at all because Glu decided to wait till the next update (which is what... 2 months from now or something?). In the meantime, cheaters run wild and boast of their loot for all of us honest, paying players. They flaunt it right in front of our face and they are allowed to do this, perhaps even encouraged because maybe feelings of lack, envy, and inadequacy in the paying player's psyche add more fuel to the fire and cash in Glu's pockets. Drama sells, y'all.

i feel like they can't be bothered by fixing my game now because it's too much work for them, they'd rather milk this whole glitch thing. I am heartbroken. No amount of compensation or promises is going to change the fact that I'm kept out in the cold because I dared to update my KKH app. I'm not saying I'm not grateful, I'm actually very thankful but I am saying I'm hurt and I have every right to be.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • beeskissbeeskiss Registered Users 4 Posts
    Playing and lurking here for a long time so finally registered so just wanted say hi hope you all well :)

As many of you I do not like the event compared to previous I prefer to buy required item and keep it instead of paying hard earned Kstars fee every single time just to get Kash or bolt of energy.
    And later entry 20 Kstars every single time what?
    That's much bigger risk even than paying for gift boxes where I may get lucky or in worst option have 4k Kash or 40 bolts not 250-750 or 1 or 2 bolts.

So I gave it a go spent about 90 Kstars my results I got as everyone boots than with various results but mostly 8th 7th 5th 3rd got just backpack shoes and leg warmers?
    So in my opinion yes it is lots of prizes but not very exciting at start a bit better later but with no real chances to get them all if you play fair not even talking about extra outfits did anyone manage to get them at all?
    Glad for recent Kstar event so can at least get some back.

My opinion voting is determined by computer algorithm as not sure how everyone else but I do not have even option to vote for other looks not even like usual mandatory first vote so I think as many of you before that winner is randomly selected especially after seeing basic winning looks (and I mean no offence to anyone of course).
    So nice try overall good idea something different but fix the bugs I got whoops every single time don't force us to spend so much lets face it real money and make actual voting fair plus a bit better looser 3-8 rewards and I would be happy for now no thank you glu.

• maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    beeskiss wrote: »
    Playing and lurking here for a long time so finally registered so just wanted say hi hope you all well :)

As many of you I do not like the event compared to previous I prefer to buy required item and keep it instead of paying hard earned Kstars fee every single time just to get Kash or bolt of energy.
    And later entry 20 Kstars every single time what?
    That's much bigger risk even than paying for gift boxes where I may get lucky or in worst option have 4k Kash or 40 bolts not 250-750 or 1 or 2 bolts.

So I gave it a go spent about 90 Kstars my results I got as everyone boots than with various results but mostly 8th 7th 5th 3rd got just backpack shoes and leg warmers?
    So in my opinion yes it is lots of prizes but not very exciting at start a bit better later but with no real chances to get them all if you play fair not even talking about extra outfits did anyone manage to get them at all?
    Glad for recent Kstar event so can at least get some back.

My opinion voting is determined by computer algorithm as not sure how everyone else but I do not have even option to vote for other looks not even like usual mandatory first vote so I think as many of you before that winner is randomly selected especially after seeing basic winning looks (and I mean no offence to anyone of course).
    So nice try overall good idea something different but fix the bugs I got whoops every single time don't force us to spend so much lets face it real money and make actual voting fair plus a bit better looser 3-8 rewards and I would be happy for now no thank you glu.

Tried the first round again this morning when the event reset. Submitted one look I threw together with cheap/plain items and one I worked hard to make great. 8th place both times. I haven't spent many K-stars entering the second round so I'm guessing I haven't reached Glu's threshold to win. I don't think the event is real. SYS definitely wasn't and I think the same is true of this event as well. They have simply decided on an algorithm for winning/losing; there are no actual competitions. Everyone on this forum won their first round and lost their second the first time they tried it; that could never happen if the thing was legit. Can someone with the necessary expertise/talent check the coding to confirm? Glu, are you willing to release the coding in this instance to prove the whole thing isn't a fraud?

I also believe it's an algorithm and not actual players voting. To coordinate that many people to be online at the same time and to be actively voting is a feat for a small mobile game. Glu has already acknowledged they use an algorithm for gift box items to up the odds of picking an item instead of the joke prizes inside, so it's obvious that they use them.

I'm not sure Glu would release the code because that would be a hacker's paradise, but they definitely should do something to make up for this horrible event. It's sad that this event was designed for only hackers to be able to complete. I quit the event yesterday after a few rounds, but I attempted to play again today because second chances, blah blah blah. Unfortunately, I am down by 100 stars and I have won zero times after the first item which everyone won. So one hundred stars, submitting a variety of nice/crazy/ugly outfits, and I have won no further items. I'm happy for the people that do seem to be advancing, though! Good on you.

My suggestion for how to apologize for this disastrous event is pretty simple: Make a throwback sale of only the items in this week's event. You spend 40 stars (or 60, I know how Glu works) and you are guaranteed an item.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I did a lot of cleanup. Can I ask please, if a heated conversation pops up again....please pm me. If I'm checking in the middle of the night, I don't have time to read everything, so a pm would grab my attention. Yes there are cheaters. I won't say among us, the pop in like a peak****, flash their ill gotten prizes, crow how hard it was and how much it cost them, stay long enough to make legit players feel bad about their own bad luck, and then they're gone again. They're not part of the forum, basically because the contribute nothing. Don't be upset by these people. Don't let their fly byes daunt us, the forum family of KK:H.

And, I wish I'd been awake when it happened, I'm in the mood to flash a little Irish Ire when it comes to cheaters today. Let's not engage with them. We know who they are when we see them. Ignore them, Ignore their flaunting of things you and I won't achieve because we don't cheat.
    Will legit players win most/all the prizes? Sure they will, but we can tell the difference between the legit players, and the cheaters. And.....if a cheater comes in and start spewing trash....please come and get me, and don't answer them, don't engage, ignore them. They'll either go away or throw a tantrum here in the forum. And if that happens....I'll be ready.

If you post was deleted, you were either a 'problem', or you engaged with the problem. I have no issue with the engagers. Just ignore the problem the next time.
    And no Linda, you are certainly not the B word. I'd give you a bouquet if the emoticons could cross platforms.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    I'm dying for a throwback sale.
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    And no Linda, you are certainly not the B word. I'd give you a bouquet if the emoticons could cross platforms.
    Oops must have missed something here...
    Koko I just want to thank you for all your work, must not have been easy cleaning up!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Kim Kardashian: Hollywood has lost its shine. I think it started with the lowlife-inspired-greed of pay-to-play SYS events. The too many undesirable event items.

Exactly!!!! The sudden conversion of SYS into a 'pay-to-play' event, when it had previously been free, was a sleezy move. And then they went and changed the gift box algorithm to make it MUCH harder to win items.

I understand Glu is a company that is trying to figure out ways to make money, but squeezing loyal customers like that is not the way to go.

They should focus on designing better purchasable and winnable clothing. I swear if they just added great hair into the wardrobe, they'd get tons more profit.

Instead of thinking of fun events and storylines, they use their energy to come up with concepts of such greed it's astounding.

And on top of it all, look at this thread of over 30 pages of severe discontent. What do you see from Glu? Do they say 'we are sorry we made such a misstep with what we thought was a cool event. We definitely won't do that again.'? No. You see them say 'Oh yah we are taking care of the hacker.'

Hello, we don't care. We aren't here to cry about hackers, as much as point out that they're the only ones who win. Way to cover your own bottom line though Glu, once again. Pay attention to the people who are screwing you, but ignore all of us that are being screwed BY you.

Not impressed. You never address feelings. You never say what intentions you have to fix stuff. Throwing in a 'earn a star' side b'tch gig doesn't erase how ****ed we are.
    isabeau: I also appreciate your well-thought-out post. While I am happy that I did not fall into the gambling mindset, I can't help but be disappointed that a good chuck of players did (I would say maybe 10%?); I do worry that Glu will see that players are engaged and willing to pay for the event, so they will do another one. I really hope this is not the case.

I do have to (friendly) disagree on one aspect of your post. I 100% agree that this "Who Wore it Best" event is a pay to play event, as the player has to literally pay an entrance fee (numerous times) to enter the competition. I don't, however, agree that the "Show your Style" events work in the same pay to play format (and I actually really enjoyed these events). We were required to own an already existing item in the closet (I believe a couple times they created a new item, before switching to pre-existing ones), many times players would already own an item before the competition began. Because you are literally buying a "physical" object (for your doll), you are not really paying to play in the sense that you are paying for just an entry into the competition (you actually got something out of it). The prices of these items were way more reasonable at around 20-40 kstars, and this would get you unlimited access to the competition. With WWIB, you pay a 5-25 kstar entry price, and have to pay it over and over again. Not to mention, the prizes in SYS were actually great - I loved having 2 throwback boxes and 2 new and exclusive items. I do see your point though, but I would argue that SYS falls into the grey area as it can't really be classified as "pay to play" in the way that WWIB (an event that requires an entry fee) is.

MY NEW THOUGHTS ON WWIB (and the problems behind it):
    Unfortunitely it is clear that WWIB does not operate on honourable terms. While I can't place my finger on what it exactly is, I do think that there is some manipulation on Glu's end into the results of each competition. This is clearly seen in the guaranteed win of the very first Audition competition. I do believe that this extends throughout the rest of the game as well. I've studied my own entries into the competition, as well as other player's entries, and have read numerous posts concerning the issue. I feel that this manipulation works in a possibility of ways: (1) There is an algorithm being used that provides very little chance at winning. Rather than actually relying on votes, the system determines the winner. (2) This algorithm does not provide equal chances at winning. A fair chance would be a 1/8 (12.5%) chance. I don't think these are the actual numbers as I was unable to break 7th or 8th place in the competitions I entered prior to giving up. (3) Glu enters "default dolls" into the competition to throw the odds and ensure less real players win. While this is just a hunch, it could explain why there are so many default dolls winning. As another user pointed out earlier, if a player cannot afford to buy their doll hair or clothes, how can they afford to keep entering the competition.

When I say that I had the best outfits and styling in a few of the competitions, I am not just saying that because I am obviously partial to my own style. There were a couple of times that I realistically should have come in 3rd or 4th based on others' outfits (there were some great ones!), but of course, I came in 6th and instead of one of the great outfits winning, a "default" one does. (4) This is why I think that the problem in the outcomes extends beyond players voting for "ugly" looks. Every member in this forum has complained about it (stating they legitimately vote for the nicer outfits), and numerous users on Instagram also have stated this. It has to be a problem on Glu's end. Of course, there will always be a few cheaters, however the likelihood of every player I have played against being a cheater and voting for the ugly looks? I don't buy it. I have not been in one round/competition where one of the non-default looks have won.

Unfortunitely, Glu made this all to obvious, in my opinion.

Edited to add: This is the time that I usually buy myself some kstars. I usually buy a pack around $30, and this usually supplements the kstars that I have earned throughout the game. Because I used to be able to earn a fair amount of kstars from watching videos, I was able to afford enough kstars to supplement them and engage in many aspects of the game (such as VIPs). However, with the removal of the free video offers, my in-game kstar count has been pathetic. No longer am I able to supplement them with a medium-sized package, but instead I would need to spend $100, which I just cannot afford nor justify. Unfortunitely, I am forced to hold-off buying kstars, as the amount I can afford would do absolutely nothing for me in the game. I'm really sad. :(
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    Yesterday I gave it another try... a basic look won again. And I don't mean basic as in trashy, I mean basic as in basic items and just...
    They really should have done it differently. Like, I have enough shenanigans with Kendall & Kylie to now deal with this.
    I didn't go beyond the free boots. After 8 times I kinda gave up.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts

MY NEW THOUGHTS ON WWIB (and the problems behind it):
    Unfortunitely it is clear that WWIB does not operate on honourable terms. While I can't place my finger on what it exactly is, I do think that there is some manipulation on Glu's end into the results of each competition. This is clearly seen in the guaranteed win of the very first Audition competition. I do believe that this extends throughout the rest of the game as well. I've studied my own entries into the competition, as well as other player's entries, and have read numerous posts concerning the issue. I feel that this manipulation works in a possibility of ways: (1) There is an algorithm being used that provides very little chance at winning. Rather than actually relying on votes, the system determines the winner. (2) This algorithm does not provide equal chances at winning. A fair chance would be a 1/8 (12.5%) chance. I don't think these are the actual numbers as I was unable to break 7th or 8th place in the competitions I entered prior to giving up. (3) Glu enters "default dolls" into the competition to throw the odds and ensure less real players win. While this is just a hunch, it could explain why there are so many default dolls winning. As another user pointed out earlier, if a player cannot afford to buy their doll hair or clothes, how can they afford to keep entering the competition.

When I say that I had the best outfits and styling in a few of the competitions, I am not just saying that because I am obviously partial to my own style. There were a couple of times that I realistically should have come in 3rd or 4th based on others' outfits (there were some great ones!), but of course, I came in 6th and instead of one of the great outfits winning, a "default" one does. (4) This is why I think that the problem in the outcomes extends beyond players voting for "ugly" looks. Every member in this forum has complained about it (stating they legitimately vote for the nicer outfits), and numerous users on Instagram also have stated this. It has to be a problem on Glu's end.

Unfortunitely, Glu made this all to obvious, in my opinion.

Yass girl, yass. Preach.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    This day was a total waste of real(!!!) money for nothing in return.
    With 150 k stars what I won according to you, maybe a item? Maybe two? Nothing!!
    Tried to style ridiculous outfit and won the pretty ones, tried to style a pretty ( at least for me!) and won the ugly or ridiculous ones, tried everything and still now I don't know what you have to do to win a round in the pro tiers!
    So I didn't know that I'll say this for a KKH event but I give up, I officially, from now till the end of the event, give up. I'll not waste anymore real and I repeat real money to have in return more disappointment and angry feelings and especially nothing!!
    I'll expect changing for future events, I recommend that maybe a person has to vote for other groups and not where her/his doll is.
    For who still have hope in this, have fun guys!
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia