Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

Comments

• KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I'm still mad at myself for wasting over a hundred KStars on that scam and not spending it on the new 60 KStar gorgeous hairstyle. It would've at least brought me joy.

Today I only tried to gamble once: mind you, I am at Novice II, and o f c o u r s e I didn't win. I was shocked to find out I came in second. So I got my 5 KStars back and didn't test my luck any more.

You know I'd buy a KStar pack and try more but there is no point to. It will be over and wasted before I know it, because it's not UNLIMITED and the event is made that way so you need to spens hundreds and hundreds to win something. Ugh I'm so mad. It would be so much easier to get a hack and enjoy the game at absolutely no cost, but I would never do it.

I've been playing since 4th of July 2014, I love this game, I've spent so much time and a lot of money on it, but I was never as bitter about it (even when it was broken and I didn't get storyline quests for 3 months - I was kindly helped by KKH:Staff and the issue was fixed) as I am now. I hope we will never have an event like this or that they will make the entry for all of the rounds FREE - but who am I kidding, it will never happen

(yeah I'm tired of my venting too)
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• webrawebra Registered Users 656 Posts
    I have to add my voice to this event as well. I've been playing KKH since the beginning and have spent many hundreds of dollars on this game. This is the first time I really felt swindled. I'm embarrassed to admit how many kstars I spent before giving up. I was only able to get the shoes. Like everyone else has stated, I spent quite a bit of time on my outfits for my doll before entering a look. I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but my outfits were so much better than 90% of the winning looks. And even if there was a doll with a better look than me, that doll usually wouldn't win either! And it's not that I was coming in 2nd or 3rd, but last place on many occasions! I finally decided this is rigged and quit playing.
    iOS.  A+++   Since 2015
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Venting is good, even therapeutic Kate. I am torn, I want to try again, but i'Lloyd never get out of novice. All my contacts were set to zero, so i'my enjoying filling up my relationship points with them again. But I notice some names I don't really know are wearing the top level stuff from this event., i'my skipping over them and inviting people 'less' fortunate to costar in my reality show.
    You think these items will ever show up in Throwbacks ?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Venting is good, even therapeutic Kate. I am torn, I want to try again, but i'Lloyd never get out of novice. All my contacts were set to zero, so i'my enjoying filling up my relationship points with them again. But I notice some names I don't really know are wearing the top level stuff from this event., i'my skipping over them and inviting people 'less' fortunate to costar in my reality show.
    You think these items will ever show up in Throwbacks ?

Koko: I would love to be invited to costar in an episode of your reality show. ♡

I am holding out hope that they will be in a future throwback. I really like some of the pieces, so I don't want to accept that they would only be featured in this horrible event...
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • buffyslayergalbuffyslayergal Registered Users 27 Posts
    Feeling everyone's pain and appreciating the venting. I recommend not going on Instagram: the hacks got a whole new wardrobe! How nice for them! I am so disappointed in Glu. It's so hard for us to quit after all of the time and money we've invested...but that doesn't mean me won't. I can't imagine their new player numbers are very high. One day, when they've driven all of their longtime players away, it'll just be them and the hacks with no profits to be had. Bed: made.
  • ThanatosXThanatosX Registered Users 39 Posts
    How much cash can you push for in the story with the lawyers option, to sort out the emoji problem?

I ended up settling for 1000.
    iOS
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I had mixed feelings about this event right from the beginning and I was proven right. I used my remaining Kstars for it, failed, but I didn't buy any extras Kstars. I only spend money on this game when it brings me joy, but this event has destroyed every little spark of joy in me. Glu will never see a single penny from me for an event like this. Never. Please treat your customers with some more respect.
  • PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    Melimda119 wrote: »
    After this event, I feel like Glu should give every player 100 KStars as an apology.

I was actually literally just thinking this. I'm torn because I really want to play, but I don't want to lose my KStars with no guarantee. This must be how people feel when they're gambling! I have been thinking about it, and I think I would be more likely to play if it only cost 1 KStar to enter, rather than 5.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I have been thinking about it, and I think I would be more likely to play if it only cost 1 KStar to enter, rather than 5.

True that! I think that paying a 1 Kstar entry fee is pretty cheap, reasonable, and affordable. I would've tried for the olive green purse, but I don't wanna risk losing my Kstars if I had lost for the 2nd round.

I don't hate the event and I actually love the concept of it. But, glu definitely need to make improvements in order to change the players dissatisfaction of this event.

My only complaints are how ridiculously expensive the pricing entry fees for each levels of the earn able clothing. But I do love the instantaneous results of this event though and to earn more Kstars too.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    True that! I think that paying a 1 Kstar entry fee is pretty cheap, reasonable, and affordable. I would've tried for the olive green purse, but I don't wanna risk losing my Kstars if I had lost for the 2nd round.

I don't hate the event and I actually love the concept of it. But, glu definitely need to make improvements in order to change the players dissatisfaction.

My only complaints are how ridiculously expensive the pricing entry fees for each levels of the earn able clothing. But I do love the instantaneous results of this event though and to earn more Kstars too.

Those are good points! I like that we don't have to wait four hours for results, and I do enjoy the concept. I would be willing to part with *some* of my kstars - just not all of them, especially with no guarantee of winning!
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    880438F1-0F77-45CC-ACAE-951A6CF191C5_zpsxnrp2b36.jpg
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Stardust1Stardust1 Registered Users 764 Posts
    After literally 20+ attempts (ALL RESULTING IN 8th PLACE), I gave up and decided to submit a joke look...
    IMG_3509_zpsvps4nmvs.jpeg

And WOW would you believe my luck... -_- This is just proof that people are voting for the less-deserving looks.

This is just amazing lol. Maybe, just maybe I'll take my chances and pay the 5 kstars and put Xime in some ugly outfit. That way maybe I can pass the 2 round lol...but I don't know if I want to, I'm 12 kstars rich right know. That in our celebrity world is saying I'm about to go into rehab to make a movie after the issue is fixed to see if I can be rich again hehe.
    Xime level 30
    Let's be KKH friends!
    XIME and JAX got married! See them in their celebration Here
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I think since this event seems to be the updated version of SYS, why not just go back to SYS and have a 1-2 hour waiting period between rounds. The main complaint about SYS was that we had to wait 4 hours for results and lost sleep because of it.

When the 'pay to play' SyS midweek started, those of us who complained said it was only a matter of time before we would have to pay for weekend events, and look, we were right.

Keep your SYS, keep them midweek, cut down waiting periods and leave our weekends playable for everyone. You'll still get your people buying gift boxes, but freemium players and players who just can't afford it some weekends will still be able to join in for earnables.

You're driving paying customers away. Do you care?
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I doubt it'll happen but i would LOVE for Glu to explain from things about this voting system:

-This morning the first place outfit was one I never even saw while voting, so how exactly did that happen?

-How does someone I see 3 times and not vote for once, actually win first place?

It's bad enough that there is a Kstar amount to enter but then you can't even trust the voting process. Why should I continue to spend money on a game that not only doesn't give a flip about it's paying gamers (we've said over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over how we don't want to pay to compete in SYS like events and yet they pull this) but also one I cannot trust?
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I was actually literally just thinking this. I'm torn because I really want to play, but I don't want to lose my KStars with no guarantee. This must be how people feel when they're gambling! I have been thinking about it, and I think I would be more likely to play if it only cost 1 KStar to enter, rather than 5.

I'm definitely so over this kind of event that I wouldn't even pay 1 k star with the current odds of winning. If they upped the odds of winning the rounds, maybe I'd consider it. But paying k stars now is just basically throwing them away.
    Something super fishy is going on with this event. I have a guy's game and I managed to get a couple more prizes than my girl's game. I just submitted a couple looks and I wound up voting on a previous submission of mine. So they are populating the choices with past iterations of our submissions? Something is really wrong with this event. I so wanted to give it a chance and not think the worst of Glu, but when they pull stuff like this, it's just insane to me. How could I be voting against myself? I know for a fact that that 'submission' isn't voting for other choices, because it's me! Just in an outfit I submitted previously.

Super shady, Glu. Super. Super shady.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    So, I decided to use the rest of my K stars I won from special offers to experiment more with the voting. Here are the results.

ZZfKzC4l.jpg

03AvHR5l.jpg
    qcLzfCcl.jpg
    So either Glu knows we are on to them about the event being rigged and changed the algorithm for easier winnings or this really is Who Wore It Worst? Event. I'm not sure if I will continue the event or stop here and not try my luck.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I've played this game from the very beginning, and have my own "encyclopedia" of events and special items, etc. Tiday I saw a sweater I have NEVER seen before, and I've never seen it on any player on this forum or on any of my game friends. One of my competitors was wearing it. I looked at all of the prizes for WWIB and it's not one. So- has anyone else seen the burgundy sweater with the lace-up stitching at the hem?
    Julesmo wrote: »
    I've played this game from the very beginning, and have my own "encyclopedia" of events and special items, etc. Tiday I saw a sweater I have NEVER seen before, and I've never seen it on any player on this forum or on any of my game friends. One of my competitors was wearing it. I looked at all of the prizes for WWIB and it's not one. So- has anyone else seen the burgundy sweater with the lace-up stitching at the hem?

It's the first prize for the fashion streak bonus prize. I believe only the hackers have gotten that prize, as it's pretty impossible for legit players to win one time, let alone three times in a row.
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    So, I decided to use the rest of my K stars I won from special offers to experiment more with the voting. Here are the results.
    So either Glu knows we are on to them about the event being rigged and changed the algorithm for easier winnings or this really is Who Wore It Worst? Event. I'm not sure if I will continue the event or stop here and not try my luck.

You've won every time? I'm honestly too scared to enter any more times after the mess this event has turned out to be...
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I tried, still NO luck at all and I'm still losing to dolls I never see in voting.

I probably haven't spent enough stars to fix the algorithm for me to win anything...
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    It's the first prize for the fashion streak bonus prize. I believe only the hackers have gotten that prize, as it's pretty impossible for legit players to win one time, let alone three times in a row.

I think it's difficult for hackers to win that either, since it's really mostly luck.

I actually received that burgundy sweater, which I shouldn't have, because I didn't win 3 times in a row. After I won 2 times in a row, I was super nervous on how to win a 3rd time and got out of the event screen to change my outfit, I received the pop up.

These are my winning entries so far, not going to post the losing ones because I would have shamed their outfits lol. But to be honest, there were some winning entries that actually look good.

I submitted my entries honestly, as in no "dress ugly" or "dress basic" and also voted honestly.

We all won this, no surprise.

UyrlIV1.png

Took me several tries...

qpPFbi4.png

In between I tried an outfit with pants but never won.

When the item changed, I won on my first try. I'm thinking it's because I entered almost immediately.

cERcXqc.png

So quickly entered another outfit and won as well.

jE5Jzbl.png

Then this popped up. Was pretty confused but I'm going to enjoy my sweater since I lost my next round.

ycw4GgM.png
    PM to add
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Congrats, Nai, on your winnings!! And on the bonus item, it is great!!
    I stopped yesterday after winning the white fur hat, the one item I really really wanted. And I won 4 times in a row so I got a bonus item too:

IMG_4183.png

IMG_4220.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Thanks Linda and congrats to you too! Wow, 4 times in a row! The dress is nice!

I just managed to hit the Pro level. I have a feeling it might be easier than the Novice levels, just because probably lesser people would have reached that level?

The item changed to a boots for the girls, and a blue suit for the guys. I don't own the one for the girls.
    PM to add
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    I tried, still NO luck at all and I'm still losing to dolls I never see in voting.

I probably haven't spent enough stars to fix the algorithm for me to win anything...

You're not alone! I just tried again and the winning look only appeared once in the very last round. It was very basic and non-matching as well. So tired of this!!!
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    i just tried again with a trashy outfit and lmao i still got eighth place
    i'll never go beyond the free boots.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Does anyone know why those winning pictures show the winning look without the required top for the women? Or has the basic white scoop neck top become the entry item?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    The current item to style around is a beige boots.
    PM to add
  • xXLucyXxxXLucyXx Registered Users 1,077 Posts
    Seeing Linda with her fur hat gave me hope but I'm actually exhausted now I've been playing pretty much non stop for hours and I can't get past the earrings. 10 kstars is so much when you just lose it. I know people hate hackers but you can see why people do it. I don't know why I'm saying anything because this game has always been exploitative in my opinion but I get sucked in despite being fully aware of that. Like it has great design and positive things come out of it like building the community here but underneath it's not about fun it's about exploiting all angles to make money, and sure it's a business of course it's about profit, but exploiting is the key word and to me the game has always had this vibe of trying to trick people and exploit weakness. I hope this doesn't offend anyone.
    GC: { Lucyxx }
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    No Nai I don't want to disappoint you but the pro level isn't easier than the novice one.
    I spent 150 k stars yesterday and I didn't win any round, ended up in second place a couple of times and in seventh/eight place a lot of times!
    The positive thing is that I saw more pretty looks which won also so I'm happy that didn't win the basic/not so beautiful outfits in some rounds.
    I'm trying to vote for the outfits which I like the most to help this people and not the witty ones.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia