Game progress of 1 year lost overnight ????????????

MaryjayneMaryjayne Registered Users 5 Posts
Things you should know

▪ I'm an android player
▪ I always click the 'Log In' button where the 'Restart' button is usually located
▪ My Game is synced with my Facebook and Game center account

Was away from the game for 3 days. Day 4, i decided to launch the game and "TaDa!!!", i was demoted from Level 26, A-Lister to Level 12 and a C-Lister! What i only did in my panicky state was: launch game, same level? Exit.
Been doing this and still nothing. I'm even afraid to play anything for fear of past data being erased by my new actions. Contacted in-game support, i was only told "Sorry about your game loss, try playing on one device and after playing, stay 5 mins in game for proper syncing" and i'm there thinking i haven't played this game on another device AND i always stay at times 30 minutes for proper syncing before exiting. Learnt how to do all this using other people's bad experiences.

Steps taken for recovery

▪ Launched app through Facebook, no changes still
▪ Launched app through Game center, still no changes.

Things i Lost

▪ My time (Even when i was sick and was placed on admission, i played)
▪. Stephen my husband
▪ My two kids
▪ All my houses (Miami, hollywood condo, downtown LA, NY, Millan... was taken all the way back to when i was a destitute, roaming the streets for where to stay)������������
▪ My boutiques (The Hamptons, Downtown LA, London)
▪ My K-Gems
▪ Cash
▪ ALL MY CLOTHES, SHOES, BAGS, MAKE-UP

How do i get all these things back. Any form of compensation? This is highy maddening! Help please help!!!!

One more thing tho... Can i uninstall to reinstall and hope for the best that my Game returns or do i update (there's a new one and I'm afraid if i do so, i may lose everything once and for all) they say you'll never know if you don't try ������

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Hi. I'm sorry you lost progress. I am confused, Game Center was a function of Apple of iOS games, and Android is Samsung, LG, etc.....but Not Apple. Apple is iOS. Do you mean Google Play? If you're an Apple Product player, I would talk to Apple Suppport, if you were backing up to the iCloud, unfortunately Google help is not as helpful as Apple, but if you were backing up to the Google servers, you can ask them if there is a way to load it.

But regardless to whether you turn out to be Apple or Android, you must try to work through on that customer care ticket, but the bottom line if your game is lost, without backup there is nothing anyone can do to retrieve it. If you rein in the details, I can only try and help steer you to whatever limited avenues you can try to pursue. Customer Care is the final word. You can ask them to restore whatever purchases were made in the StarShop, But if there is no back up to restore your game, glu can not 'restore' your game. I'm really sorry this has happened,

(Wikipedia states: As of June 13, 2016, the application (Game Center) was removed from iOS 10; however, it is still present within iOS in Settings. And, since it was a function of Apple, it couldn't be Android. So I don't know whether you're android or iOS.)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MaryjayneMaryjayne Registered Users 5 Posts
    Sorry. I meant Google play...what are your thoughts towards my last paragraph, uninstalling to reintall or updating
    Ok, Google. Let me go reread your last paragraph, knowing you're Android now. Also, were you saving to the cloud, any chance you backed up your game? Samsung has Smart Switch that has a list of other devices it works on. If you get your game back, you should really think about something like that. brb
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I never like to tell people to uninstall and reinstall. BUT a lot of people have had success, and a lot of people have just never gotten the game back.
    If you want to try the uninstall, please read this carefully first. TBH, that page was changed 3 weeks ago, and the instructions read a little differently than I recall.

For example - their instructions to make sure you save to the server - ignore those, because that would ensure that your low level game saved.

Aaargh. ok, if you realize that by trying the new install you could merely be keeping the low level game, then you have nothing more to lose right? Except....there is the possibility that you will lose it all and start from scratch.

Your choices, and only you can decide...
    • 1) try the new install understanding it's a gamble. You could a) start from the beginning b) go back to the C lister save or c) get a higher save loaded possibly the latest.
    • 2) submit a ticket to customer care tell them per their faqs you're reaching out to them rather than trying an uninstall. Explain the situation, and ask them for help. If you've made special purchases through the StarShop they can help restore those purchases.
      I'm really sorry this happened. You said you launch it through FB? I never noticed that option on my device. I launch straight from the start screen on my tablet, or when I'm having a load problem, I go to the App Store and open that way. \

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • MaryjayneMaryjayne Registered Users 5 Posts
    I have to say thanks for taking out time to explain this in detail, you've been very helpful. Lol, i went berserk with rants and threats at customer care after they told me there's nothing they can do (revert to 1st post above) before i lodged a formal complain here.Just checked the app to see if i got a reply but it wasn't even acknowledged. Apparently, violence is not the answer:D. I asked them if i should go ahead with the uninstall or just update the app (you skipped the update question tho), but no reply or acknowledgement of any sort. Pheew!!! Guess i have a decision to make on my own... Still thinking bout an update. Do i carry on with that? And skip the uninstall althogether and risk being a permanent c-lister..

And as for the FB option, if you logged in to FB in the kkh game and also liked the kkh page on FB (not necessarily, but totally harmless) and you have the FB App on your phone, kkh would be automatically listed under the "Apps'' section in the FB App (List of Apps connected and synced to FB). I just tap the kkh game option on FB and it automatically launches. Don't know if it's the same for you...Fb actually saves your progress. Helped a friend of mine regain her lost progress when she launched through fb. But in my case, I'm not just lucky:(
    Oh, I'm sorry I think I meant to go back and think about should you just take the update.....and got involved with the fear of a game being lost. OK, 2 things can happen with an update at this point.
    you're level 23, which is less than your highest stats but better than starting a zero. I have never heard of a straight update knocking you down. If the game (level 23) is installed and playable on your device, you most probably won't get your higher level back, but you most probably won't get a lower level. 23 is in your game an update will just give you the new content without moving you up or down. 99.99% sure.

So, if you uninstall then install the updated game you have a chance of getting it all back/ and a chance of getting shot back down to zero. Do you want the ssafe shot to continue on the current level, or do you want to take a chance a roll the dice so to speak?

Only you can decide. If it were me, After losing progress already, I wouldn't want to lose any more. I would probably cut my losses, and continue with the new level game. But, what ever you do from this point, when you are playing the game you're going to keep, follow the FAQs as far as saving to the Google servers, and any other saving options. (see if there is a backup program for your device. Samsung uses Smart Switch ) Good luck, and I wish I had the right answer for you, but no one can decide what you can live with other than you.

If you'd like to get more opiniions from others who've gone through this, or uninstalls and reinstalls, I'm sure members will be happy to offer their experiences. Good luck, and I'm thinking good thoughts for you.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary