5Star MidWeek TB Event and Sale 1/10/16

kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
2nd Full week of the New Year, Last week no midweek, then the New Thing - WWIB. I'll say this about that.
If you cook, and you try new things, sometimes a great thought translated into a kitchen disaster. Last night I thought....if Lasagne is good, and stuffed shells are good, than Stuffed Shell Lasagne would be great. ..................Well it wasnt. By stacking layers of stuffed shells, with cheese and more sauce like a lasagne. Should have been great. Let's just put it this way.....I won't be trying that again. But that's not going to stop me from going back into the kitchen and trying something else. Did they eat it? Sure. Will they appreciate me never making it again.....oh yeah. So think of last week, much like my kitchen misadventure. One and done for me. One and done.

Broom.gif

Anyway, let's plunge head first into another week. A clean slate. A fresh page on which to wonder, hope and muse about what may or may not be happening tomorrow.

Personally, I'd love to a TB involved event. So soon after WWIB, I'd love a good old fashioned SYS. Believe you me, those are 2 different events. Will it be a SYS? I doubt it. But I do hope for some fun, non grueling, good time Mid week event. How about you?
If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
I Am NOT a Glu Employee
🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
💜Vats
💜#VipKalinda
#RecollectionsMayVary
Prev13

Comments

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Don't we all miss this?

This was last year's midweek event.
    jvbKjPZ.png
    PM to add
  • Andrzej_S.Andrzej_S. Registered Users 1,194 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Don't we all miss this?

jvbKjPZ.png

For sure! I think what happened is that the staff saw lots of people saying that it was 'easy' to complete and made it harder for those who never could. The mid weeks are bitter sweet or me because I will never make it to that 4th box - getting to #3 is already challenging enough - so no more throwback items for me LOL
    Add me on android here ;3

#ComeBackVats
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Facebook computer players don't get WWIB or SYS events, so i would love to see a throwback for midweek
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

• Kkh.IceSwanKkh.IceSwan Registered Users 29 Posts
    Don't we all miss this?

jvbKjPZ.png

Oh yes, I really miss that kind of midweek event.
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Don't we all miss this?

jvbKjPZ.png

I really hope it will be something like this again this week, it'll be amazing after the WWIB disaster.
    I only hope it will not be an SYS where you have to pay k stars to have the items and enter the competion because some of us spent a lot of money and k stars for the WWIB event and now I don't even have any k stars left.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    I live for Koko's analogies, always so clever.

Nai-Nai
    thanks for that inspiring image, that's how this mid-week events should go, not the way they are now. Put a throwback sale at the store to the mix, instead that 'box party' to hacked games, and we have a perfect mid-week event.

I think it's a bit overwhelming to have a mid-week at every other week. Since the updates generally last 4 weeks, Glu could choose 2 of those to put the mid-weeks out.

One as the mentioned above and also a SYS. I bet most of us would be pretty satiesfied.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Don't we all miss this?

jvbKjPZ.png

That would be so amazing! I can understand that they don't want to do one of these every week but they could do one with 4 boxes once in a while as a special treat. And I feel like this week it would be very appropriate.

Edit: I just saw Vats post and I think that is a wonderful suggestion! That way we would know what to expect and it would be a nice balance that doesn't get too overwhelming. I mean after all, people have jobs or school or other things to take care of as well.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    Don't we all miss this?

jvbKjPZ.png

This got me excited and made me thought spoilers were out early. I miss this so much!!!!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Don't we all miss this?

jvbKjPZ.png

Yes glu please bring it back! mostly it's the majority players that would love to see this again. Thanks for posting this. It brought back great memories while it lasted!
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    If we get another 5 star/dating/partying event with black/black/gold/tb boxes, I'm not playing, I'm sick of them. But then again it's not like there any alternatives now right?
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We're having a 5-Star Throwback Event this week, as well as a Throwback Sale!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • ellelaurinellelaurin Registered Users 24 Posts
    We're having a 5-Star Throwback Event this week, as well as a Throwback Sale!

Sounds great!
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Yayyy a chance to get back some kstars! Thanks Kalinda :)
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Yayyy a chance to get back some kstars! Thanks Kalinda :)

My thoughts exactly!!
    Thank you, Kalinda!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Don't we all miss this?

jvbKjPZ.png

I want to wake up to this tomorrow so bad!!!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Oh wow. This is Just what we needed!

[video=youtube_share;Z5-rdr0qhWk]https://youtu.be/Z5-rdr0qhWk[/video]
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I thought of this when Kalinda said that we're having a 5-star Throwback this week. Loool
    jvbKjPZ.png
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    What a pleasant surprise it'd be if we got that 4 TB box event instead of the 1 TB box ones they've been giving us. Nothing like winning:

energy
    Kash
    partnership
    black purse

Still waiting on that green boa nightmare.
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    I think they got rid of those REAL Throwback events because they realized it benefits them more to get stingy with gift boxes so people will work harder and maybe spend money trying to get to the last REAL throwback box.
    But honestly I'm so sick and bored of it. All that work for $4k or a partnership like a regular boring box? That's not a throwback event. I played it for awhile and dealt with it but after this weekend's trainwreck event, I feel like it's all downhill from here for KKH.

People are missing items and k-stars, losing their game progress, we don't get stars from videos anymore, or large cash luxe goals, or even a second free daily box.
    All the greedy practices make me not want to play anymore.
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Midweek event like this (2 throwback boxes + clothing item + hairstyle with 30k-star and below styling item requirement) is much better than any other midweek events like Throwback events with 2 black boxes, 1 gold box and 1 throwback box. You can barely call it a Throwback event. A better way to call it is Ka$H Event. Loljk tumblr_inline_mp3147mMFS1qz4rgp.gif

21j3dz5.jpg
    ©LindaVB
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Thank you Kalinda for the spoilers for the midweek event, but I have to ask. By Throwback sale do you mean a sale with certain items in the closet to buy or the typical buy all items from opening gift boxes? I think it would be better to do the items in the closet. That way players could choose what Throwback items they want rather than potentially wasting K stars on an item they never wanted. Also, could Glu possibly fix it to where the hairstyles don't show up until a player has gotten every single item? I agree with Nai that the original TB event was more fun and rewarding than the 2 black boxes, 1 gold box, and TB box we get now and to be honest I haven't played a single midweek event in weeks because I find the new TB events boring and tedious to do especially when I have both work and school to deal with. I'm just not motivated to struggle to get 600 points and possibly winning cash, energy, or white box items. Even though it has it's faults, I agree with Syndra that the SYS events are the better midweek events in that you get two TB items first then two new exclusive items. Although some may argue that it's a pay to play event, the K stars used is not an entrance fee but rather to own the item that's being used to style around and I don't mind it because I know Glu has to make some money from this game. It's definitely better than this past weekend's disaster event.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    Well, this is exciting.
    Hopefully, it'll be more than one TB box. :rolleyes:
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    Thank you Kalinda for the spoilers for the midweek event, but I have to ask. By Throwback sale do you mean a sale with certain items in the closet to buy or the typical buy all items from opening gift boxes? I think it would be better to do the items in the closet.

I'm also hoping it means a sale on TB items in the closet. They haven't done this in awhile, so it would be great!
  • ElspethElspeth Registered Users 86 Posts
    Thanks Kalinda! I always love the midweek 5 star events as it gives me chance to catch up on storyline quests with the added benefit of free K-Stars. I'm never able to finish mid-week events due to work so its good to get something from them!
    ****I play on ios****
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Are you ready? Are you psyched? Are you Bleary eyedbut full of hopeful anticipation? And five if your devices it's go time. :-)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Are you ready? Are you psyched? Are you Bleary eyedbut full of hopeful anticipation? And five if your devices it's go time. :-)

I'm not ready or psyched Koko. I just opened my game and saw the event I didn't want to see. Black and gold boxes with a TB at the end. It's four in the morning for me and I'm just getting off from work. I think I will take a nice hot shower, get some food, and hit the hay. I'm definitely setting this midweek event out. Again.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Like many here, I too don't understand why it's called a 5-star Throwback Event, when there is only one Throwback box..? What ever happened to the original Throwback event when we had four Throwback boxes? It would have been a nice gesture from Glu if they had given us the original 5-star Throwback Event, especially after last weekend's event...

Nevertheless, I am playing as I am still missing a few gold and black box items and really want that last box!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    Don't we all miss this?

jvbKjPZ.png
    I wish I had a time machine. Especially this week.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    It's the usual midweek event with two black boxes, one gold and one tb...
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts

xXLJiDQ.jpg
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.