Weekend Event -1/6/17 First of the New Year!

191011121315Next

Comments

• JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Go ahead and throw shoes, but I think it was just an idea that fizzled. They didn't pitch it to pizza us off. I'm telling you, it's the curse of the holiday end. Every single year, it's like a curse. But this was something. They didn't mean to push us into a 12 Step. I'm SURE this model is in the repair shop. Did the 1st plane fly? Do you really think they want to do anything to make people stop playing? That's not a good business plan. Also didn't they quickly add the Earn a Star? That was so we'd all have something to do that was good for us. I think that was very responsive. I'm just saying, let's watch and see if things don't get better. They'd have to right?

and don't Pitch Tosh my theory that this was the curse of the end of the holiday season. It weird that it ugly head every year. Valentine's Day is right around the corner we always like Valentine's Day clothes. And that marks the end of this meant to be uplifting post

To me, the biggest problem with the whole event was the fact that it was pay to play on a weekend. Midweeks are one thing, but to change the weekend event to a paying event without the inclusion of a free option was a big mistake. The event itself had a few glitches, as new events often do, but no more than usual. Strictly on its merits, it is a cool event. But not as the ONLY option for a weekend. I liked the prizes but not enough to drop 300+ kstars to come in fourth and seventh half the time (and to some really ridiculous outfits in a lot of cases). I mean, I take five minutes to put together something great but I lose to the birthday dress and the Peggy Fleming free hair???
  • pizzapartypizzaparty Registered Users 94 Posts
    Ohemilie wrote: »
    Like everything here, I thought this event was terrible and a real let down but I'm curious - hope this is ok to ask as I e see a few posts saying not to target players; Glu are a company that want to make money, when they do an event we don't like, the only way to stop a similar one happening again is to not 'fund' it - I've seen really angry players on here saying how much they hate the WWIT yet in the same breath say they have spent lots of money and K stars on it anyway - players who do this aren't creating an incentive to pull this kind of event! Glu won't care if the money is spent happily or grudgingly as long as they make a ton of it! I just feel that we had an opportunity as a group to say no, we deserve better events with more covetable prizes but instead we've made a lot of noise about how we hate it whilst still lining pockets and pouring money into the game. If we're going to pay whatever, where's the incentive to improve things??

COMPLETELY agree with this whole statement- I don't get the point of whining about how awful this event "but here, keep taking all my money and kstars lol waaahhh" The only ones who benefit from these events are hackers and then the other people who keep funding the event ruin it for everyone else who is tired of this BS and demand better because players deserve better if they're spending that much money on a mobile game.
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    pizzaparty wrote: »
    COMPLETELY agree with this whole statement- I don't get the point of whining about how awful this event "but here, keep taking all my money and kstars lol waaahhh" The only ones who benefit from these events are hackers and then the other people who keep funding the event ruin it for everyone else who is tired of this BS and demand better because players deserve better if they're spending that much money on a mobile game.
    You are right. I didn't get the event at all because my game was frozen but I do agree that the profits that Glu makes from this godawful event is what will determine if this event will be repeated again or not. People that fund these types of events will be sending mixed messages and Glu will keep doing these money hungry events because they will think it's a cash cow.

They will thrive on the desperation of the players that "must have it all no matter what".
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    Ohemilie wrote: »
    Like everything here, I thought this event was terrible and a real let down but I'm curious - hope this is ok to ask as I e see a few posts saying not to target players; Glu are a company that want to make money, when they do an event we don't like, the only way to stop a similar one happening again is to not 'fund' it - I've seen really angry players on here saying how much they hate the WWIT yet in the same breath say they have spent lots of money and K stars on it anyway - players who do this aren't creating an incentive to pull this kind of event! Glu won't care if the money is spent happily or grudgingly as long as they make a ton of it! I just feel that we had an opportunity as a group to say no, we deserve better events with more covetable prizes but instead we've made a lot of noise about how we hate it whilst still lining pockets and pouring money into the game. If we're going to pay whatever, where's the incentive to improve things??

This is me, so I'll chime in. I probably didn't spend as many stars as many people. As I had said in one of my posts I gave myself a limit and never reached it. In fact, with the Kstar backs for events I probably gained more than 50% back. That said when the event started I was mad upset, like how could Glu do this even though we've protested about paying for weekday events before? After I played and got my outfit, I was still upset but in a different way. I doubt I'll play the weekday event as right now, I really don't care. I'm still not happy with myself for falling for it no matter how many stars it took and am really not even excited for the weekend stuff (even if it's nice stuff, Glu already showed they don't listen to us so it's just a matter of time til they kick us in the butt again). I've def learned and next time this event comes back, I might not just ignore the event, but the whole game. I have a few Itunes cards that I was going to use on KKH and right now, they'll just collect dust until I see proof they listen.
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts

Wait, you're saying the people who keep funding the event, like several posters here and myself, are ruining it for everyone else? I hope you're saying this out of a temporary anger, because that's just very rude. I don't usually like to do this but I couldn't look pass this. You can blame Glu all you want, but take the players out of the equation. It was the first of such event, players had to test it out, some spent 50kstars, some spent 100kstars, some spent 400kstars, and you're going to blame them?

We have a totally different reaction towards midweek events, I don't see people boycotting it even though there are complaints weekly. "All I get are kash", "all I get are energy", "lame", "but I still completed". I don't see anyone getting bashed for 'confusing' Glu.

We shouldn't blame anyone here.
    PM to add
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Wait, you're saying the people who keep funding the event, like several posters here and myself, are ruining it for everyone else? I hope you're saying this out of a temporary anger, because that's just very rude. I don't usually like to do this but I couldn't look pass this. You can blame Glu all you want, but take the players out of the equation. It was the first of such event, players had to test it out, some spent 50kstars, some spent 100kstars, some spent 400kstars, and you're going to blame them?

We have a totally different reaction towards midweek events, I don't see people boycotting it even though there are complaints weekly. "All I get are kash", "all I get are energy", "lame", "but I still completed". I don't see anyone getting bashed for 'confusing' Glu.

Great post, and I would also add that saying "Look what you did!" about players who wanted new types of events is not helpful either. As if Glu asks our permission to create new events. They created Who Wore It Best, hinted that it was coming soon, and so naturally players wanted to see what it was about.
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »

Thank you, Nai - I didn't see your post until now as I had stopped reading this thread for a bit since I felt like my opinion was unwelcome (even though I stated in my original post that I hadn't actually spent any money on the event, and wouldn't be participating as fully if it remained the same in future). I had actually started to feel guilty for completing it, like I had done something really terrible! But your response is perfect, I totally agree and it has made me feel a lot better (and I'm sure the same is true for other posters or lurkers who participated).

Quite literally: don't hate the player, hate the game!! (or just don't hate anyone at all!)
  • Deirdre❣Deirdre❣ Registered Users 7 Posts

Just because some players here spend much money or they "keep funding the event" doesn't mean they ruin it for everyone else. They have the right to spend their own money however they want. Why blame other players? WE ARE ALL TIRED OF THIS BULLSHíT. Personally, I really haven't spent real money for this game...yet. But who knows? When GLU tries to make this game satisfying maybe I might change my mind. *insert smiling emoji* So my point, as a person who's not spending real money for this game, I don't think there's something wrong with what players (who spend real money or much money) are doing for this game. We are all just confused as of this moment. Let's just wait and see. *insert another smiling emoji*