5Star MidWeek TB Event and Sale 1/10/16

Comments

• MNieuwMNieuw Registered Users 159 Posts
    Wonder when they will release more items as Throwbacks, because I have everything and it is no fun to participate now.:rolleyes:
    Daily KKH Player ~ iOS
    Level 79 (Max)
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Charli wrote: »

xXLJiDQ.jpg

Wow. That's all I can say. I'm sorry you had a bad palette Charli. This is a perfect example on why I don't waste my time with this type of midweek event.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    They don't wanna give us any little extra. They just want a spend fest on those 60 kstar TB 'sale' boxes.

Well I'm up and playing cuz my insomnia has decided I need to stay up til sunrise and not sleep ever. I won some black pants in my black box. Hey it's better than kash or items I already owned (which they did to me twice before).

It's almost morbid curiosity at this point to see what terrible accessory I grind for in that ONE TB box. Like would it kill them to give us 2?
  • AmiliciousAmilicious Registered Users 415 Posts
    I am extremely disappointed especially after last weekend. Will not spend one k star on this.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'll be honest, I was hoping for a little sumpin different. SUre, I collected my first boxes. I got cash - 2500$, and the Androids each got 30 Energy. Which I quickly parlayed into another 16 event points per Android. :) I agree after last weekend's event, if would have been such a mood lifter to have more obtainable TB prizes. (I'll be honest, I don't see myself being tied to tapping for 2 1/2 days for 3 Krap prizes and one throwback.

BUT.......had they whipped out a great honest TB, where we had at least 2 TB prizes after last weekend, wouldn't that indicate that they anticipated last weekend being the hairy,wet, stinky dog it was? So, if they honestly didn't know the weekend would flop, they wouldn't have known there was anything to make up for.

This event is great for newer players. People who have a lot GB prizes still to win. They'll walk away with 4 prizes for their trouble. The energy or cash isn't doing it for me. I'm not grinding, but whenever I have 20 energy, I'll do a Reality show. The rest of the time, I'll be here, be cleaning my house, making a few graphics. See, if it costs 19 or 20 energy, and I get 16 event points.......125 Event points till my next prize. (*yeah, we're doing math) so divide that by 16, to get how many shows I must do........ 7.81 reality shows. multiply that by 20 energy per show....... it will cost 156 energy, to my next prize of very possibly 30 Energy. So, I'm expending 156 energy to win 30. That can't be right. Someone help me out with the math here?
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    I didn't get any event. What the hell?
  • ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    I got sunglasses in my first box and 25 k-stars in my second. No complaints here!!

...yet :o
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
    Only 28 more reality shows to go...........

Ok maybe I'm ready to complain again.

Oh well at least this will keep me occupied while I catch up on the first week of Celebrity Big Brother...
    Hey, I'm Laura!

Lana~ wrote: »
    I didn't get any event. What the hell?

Hi Lana, what platform are you playing on, and do you by any chance have almost all the TB prizes? I don't know if FB is getting the event, and I know in the past if you have over a certain percentage of TB items, people haven't gotten the event. Do either of these things pertain to you?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    OMG .. Jon got a nice TB item in his first black box!!
    I'm so happy I didn't pick one of those energy bolt ones.
    I appreciate that we have mid week TB events. Of course, like many of you, I really miss the 4 TB boxes event. That was the time I decided to come out to post. It was such a happy time that the forum was filled with TB palettes. I would encourage any new doll players to at least get to the black/gold boxes in this event. Since the partnership tiles added to the daily gift box, it's harder to collect the white box items in the daily boxes. For Jon's game, I'm still trying to collect them, so they won't show up in the 40 KStars weekend event boxes. :(

Maybe rotating the 4 TB boxes and the current black/gold/TB boxes, Please, Glu?

IMG_0423.jpg
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
    Why don't I get items in my first 3 palettes? I'd take even just seeing an item in my palette. But the 8 boxes of energy and cash. Just not right. Then I see jon and half the boxes are items. Even TBs. How can I get on THAT train? lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Hi Lana, what platform are you playing on, and do you by any chance have almost all the TB prizes? I don't know if FB is getting the event, and I know in the past if you have over a certain percentage of TB items, people haven't gotten the event. Do either of these things pertain to you?

I play on FB and i have got the event :confused:
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

Thanks kkhaddict92. I'm really glad to hear this. Be sure and show us your prizes.

Seeing Jon's 50/50 chance at a nice prize, maybe I'll grind a little. I'm 64 points now, so..oh forget it. No more math Less math more tapping. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Why don't I get items in my first 3 palettes? I'd take even just seeing an item in my palette. But the 8 boxes of energy and cash. Just not right. Then I see jon and half the boxes are items. Even TBs. How can I get on THAT train? lol

I believe the chance of seeing nice TB items in these black/gold boxes is extremely low. This is the first time I see TB clothes in the black box. In the past, only TB accessories/sunglasses would show up in the black box.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    OMG .. Jon got a nice TB item in his first black box!!
    I'm so happy I didn't pick one of those energy bolt ones.
    ...I would encourage any new doll players to at least get to the black/gold boxes in this event. Since the partnership tiles added to the daily gift box, it's harder to collect the white box items in the daily boxes.

Congrats on the TB items! Your palet looks awesome. Sadly it isn't always the case that partnership tiles are only in daily boxes. Last time there was a midweek like this I got a so glamm tile in my gold box. I was very disappointed. Here's to hoping everyone's luck is better this go around.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • HollySiskHollySisk Registered Users 3,445 Posts
    MNieuw wrote: »
    Wonder when they will release more items as Throwbacks, because I have everything and it is no fun to participate now.:rolleyes:

They added three items. A gold & silver choker, silver shoes and a dress that I think was white. I had to know if they added anything since I find these midweek events very hard to complete so, after winning 25gc in my first round, I kicked up the 60gc to open a box.
    Holly
    I play on iOS
    #WhyBotherWhenGluNEVERlistens
    Hi. I moved the posts from android members missing the event to a new thread in Support. Please post there if you don't have the event. Thanks
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi Holly. Happy New Year.

kkhaddict - I meant it was good to know Fb users got the midweek. I know you guys have missed out in the past. My earlier comment might have sounded snarky but it's not. Phew.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    I got the black gift box blazer and sheer top combo, which I've somehow never picked before, in my first box. The black lacy pants and a TB bag were also in my first palette. I got 25 kstars in my second box. I'm very happy so far but am worried about grinding to the gold box, only to get a partnership in that...we will see!!
  • kkhaddict92kkhaddict92 Registered Users 149 Posts
    Hi Holly. Happy New Year.

kkhaddict - I meant it was good to know Fb users got the midweek. I know you guys have missed out in the past. My earlier comment might have sounded snarky but it's not. Phew.

It did not sound snarky, don't worry about it!!! ;)
    KKH: Android platform add me here https://www.facebook.com/hara.yannopoulos.7

Miimoliin wrote: »
    Congrats on the TB items! Your palet looks awesome. Sadly it isn't always the case that partnership tiles are only in daily boxes. Last time there was a midweek like this I got a so glamm tile in my gold box. I was very disappointed. Here's to hoping everyone's luck is better this go around.

Thanks, Miimoliin! I have seen partnership tiles in my black/gold boxes before. I wish they stay in the daily box. Oh well ... Good luck, everyone! :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    Ok,all my complaint about cash and energy......in a 2nd box.....got the twin bun hair. I'm hooked now. I'm going to the to on all 3 games. Who needs sleep? Not us!how are everyone's boxes coming along?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Ooh I think you're all going to love the hairstyles available in the weekend event!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Pmgomgomgomg. She said hairstyles. I love getting hair. :). Thank you Kalinda. I should hang a sign on my dolls...."Will grind for Hair"
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Yes, we do love getting gorgeous hair :o Thanks for the teaser, Kalinda!

Maybe you won't have to grind, Koko, maybe it will be VIP weekend :p
  • dj7991dj7991 Registered Users 30 Posts
    Same for me
    Ok so....3 boxes.... 2 throwback items and 25 k-stars. Is this my event or what?? One box to go and it's an automatic throwback. I'm feeling myself right now guys lol.

Oh oh and just to let you know what my 2 throwback items are, I got black sunglasses in box number 1 and the cute Halloween pearl necklace that goes with the mermaid dress in my third box. Crossing my fingers for box number 4!!
    Hey, I'm Laura!

• katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    All I'm going to say: I am so sick of these "throwback events." They are NOT throwback events and shouldn't be called that. These events suck; I am so sick of Glu adding things to the game and then slowly making them worse and worse.
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
    I'm still holding out hope that we might see another SYS. 2 TB prizes, followed by 2 piece outfit. I get they can't do 4. But 2 and an outfit is something I can get behind. how many of us can only comfortable do 2 prizes in this event? No pressure, 2 easy TBs and then an outfit for those who do not sleep. ;)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    I *really* wish they would do another one of these (below), where they have throwback items for sale in the closet. This is what I keep thinking of when Kalinda says "throwback sale" lol. A girl can dream!

Female_Featured_Wardrobe_1.jpg
    Sept_30_Female_Featured_Wardrobe.jpg