General Complaints Thread

Comments

• colormylifecolormylife Registered Users 6 Posts
    I've gotten to the photoshoot with Kendall and I'm not loving this storyline. First, we're asked to spend 3 K stars to get the "old world" location (Paris/Rome) instead of Mexico. Then we're asked to spend an exorbitant amount bidding on a dress in Vienna. I stopped bidding when Willow bid 50 K stars. I talked to the girl wearing the dress afterward, and I had one last chance to buy it....for 140 K stars! I don't even know what to say. I understand that it's a unique dress that will appear in our closet, but that cost is wild. Yikes.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    I've gotten to the photoshoot with Kendall and I'm not loving this storyline. First, we're asked to spend 3 K stars to get the "old world" location (Paris/Rome) instead of Mexico. Then we're asked to spend an exorbitant amount bidding on a dress in Vienna. I stopped bidding when Willow bid 50 K stars. I talked to the girl wearing the dress afterward, and I had one last chance to buy it....for 140 K stars! I don't even know what to say. I understand that it's a unique dress that will appear in our closet, but that cost is wild. Yikes.

What story line is this?
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts

Can you post a picture of the dress, please? Thank you. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • BabySimmo93BabySimmo93 Registered Users 124 Posts

i stopped at like 60 kstars too nice dress just a shame they wanted so much for it
    sure the pic was posted in another thread
    C'mon you Hull :mad:
    NQueen331, I think it's a new one that was added with the Toronto update.

Angeline, I forgot to take a screenshot! But I checked on Instagram and multiple people are posting pictures of it. Here's one.

• Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    Thanks for the info! I really want the dress but yeah, It's too expensive.

Soooooooo... I will leave the gig with Kendall in Vienna for the next VIP event lol :D
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Oh my goodness thanks for posting this:eek:! I have such a long way to go with that storyline. I've been so MIA on this game lately.
    I forgot to take a screenshot! But I checked on Instagram and multiple people are posting pictures of it. Here's one.

Same here Camilla! I'll be saving up my kstars for the future V.I.P. event too to buy that dress lol:D
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    Is it a fixed price for everyone or kind of random?
    PM to add
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Naimonster wrote: »
    Is it a fixed price for everyone or kind of random?

It's a fixed price, I read multiple times on IG that people got it for 110 K-stars. Or 140 if you back out of the bidding.

Like Camila, I'm saving this quest for the next VIP event too!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Oh I was asking about this earlier, thanks colorofmylife and Linda for the info.

Anyone knows if there's something to guys? If so, I'll save it for a VIP too.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    Naimonster, I believe it is a fixed price for everyone. 110 K stars if you successfully bid for it, 140 K stars if you don't get it through bidding but decide you want it afterwards. (Edit: Thanks LindaVB for adding this info before me, I didn't see your post as I was writing this!)

I posted in this thread because I find that pricing to be excessively high - it's more expensive than 90% of dresses in the closet. And the price increase to 140 K stars feels exploitative. For example, someone may decide during the bidding that the dress is too expensive....but then, when they get their second chance to buy the dress, they are clearly told it's their final chance to get this special item. The player starts to feel that they don't want to miss out and regret it later, so they end up paying more than they would have originally.

I'm disappointed that I couldn't afford the dress, but I'm happy to have helped anyone who didn't know about it :) preparing by saving K stars and waiting for a VIP definitely sounds like the way to go.
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    Now that I know the dress is so expensive I'm not really bummed anymore about not getting the call for the storyline.
  • FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    I'm disappointed that I couldn't afford the dress, but I'm happy to have helped anyone who didn't know about it :) preparing by saving K stars and waiting for a VIP definitely sounds like the way to go.

Am I understanding correctly that you only have two chances to buy the dress? So if you don't bid for it, and then decline the 140 k star option, it's gone for good and you can't buy it in the closet later? If so, big thanks for the heads up! Do you remember what the gig was titled, or what happened in the gig immediately preceding it? I'll have to keep an eye out!

Also unrelated, but there was a tappable seagull in San Diego that seems to have disappeared. Can we have our feathered friend back? I like energy. :P
    Do you remember what the gig was titled, or what happened in the gig immediately preceding it? I'll have to keep an eye out!

It's called 'Kendall's Soirée' in Florence and 'Get the Dress' in Vienna.
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • FindMeIfYouCABFindMeIfYouCAB Registered Users 56 Posts
    LindaVB wrote: »
    It's called 'Kendall's Soirée' in Florence and 'Get the Dress' in Vienna.

Nice, that'll be impossible to miss! Thank you
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I like the way Camila thinks. :) I'll be waiting for a VIP for it too I guess. :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ZoyechkaZoyechka Registered Users 1,187 Posts
    I'm trying not to think about my lost baby, my lost husband... But most of all my lost baby. It's like I should be happy because this weekend's earnables look so good but all I could do now is cry. I can't even complete gigs because I'm so unmotivated and depressed.

i know it's probably not true but I feel like I'm being blamed for the update glitch. Like I did something wrong. I feel helpless. I haven't heard from Glu in game after my submission and it's been like for or five days now. And here I am still waiting.
    GC: Zoë Strange
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    NQueen331, I think it's a new one that was added with the Toronto update.

Angeline, I forgot to take a screenshot! But I checked on Instagram and multiple people are posting pictures of it. Here's one.

Thanks so much for the information. Gotta clear some storyline gigs this weekend. :)
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I was searching the forum about 36 hours ago for the information on this dress quest as I had seen a random mention on IG (I assume from a cheater) that it cost 110 stars.

Apparently I got to the quest earlier than a lot of people cuz I play too much. I think it mostly just stinks that some people would have liked to own the dress, but may not have had that many stars available at that precise moment it was offered, then quickly snatched off the table.

I think at least they could have had Kendall's dialogue been clearer. She makes it sound as if you are going there to convince someone to give you a dress, not to purchase one. She should have said "...and if you can AFFORD the dress", instead of "...and if you can GET the dress".

In the end, I decided 110 stars was too high for me. You can barely see the details in the dress from pan-out position. It seems like it would fit with the newer Balmain line in our wardrobe, but just isn't as special and costs twice as much.
  • CalanthaCalantha Registered Users 187 Posts
    Am I understanding correctly that you only have two chances to buy the dress? So if you don't bid for it, and then decline the 140 k star option, it's gone for good and you can't buy it in the closet later? If so, big thanks for the heads up! Do you remember what the gig was titled, or what happened in the gig immediately preceding it? I'll have to keep an eye out!

Also unrelated, but there was a tappable seagull in San Diego that seems to have disappeared. Can we have our feathered friend back? I like energy. :P

Yes about the seagull!!! I thought I was taking crazy pills...I was sure that something else was there, but I didn't see anyone else talking about it
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Savagekkh wrote: »
    I was searching the forum about 36 hours ago for the information on this dress quest as I had seen a random mention on IG (I assume from a cheater) that it cost 110 stars.

Apparently I got to the quest earlier than a lot of people cuz I play too much. I think it mostly just stinks that some people would have liked to own the dress, but may not have had that many stars available at that precise moment it was offered, then quickly snatched off the table.

I think at least they could have had Kendall's dialogue been clearer. She makes it sound as if you are going there to convince someone to give you a dress, not to purchase one. She should have said "...and if you can AFFORD the dress", instead of "...and if you can GET the dress".

In the end, I decided 110 stars was too high for me. You can barely see the details in the dress from pan-out position. It seems like it would fit with the newer Balmain line in our wardrobe, but just isn't as special and costs twice as much.

Savagekkh, what does the dress look like??
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
    Syndra x wrote: »
    Savagekkh, what does the dress look like??
    This is the dress Syndra

Screenshot_2017_01_04_20_25_03_1_1_1.png
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here

Yes!!! And it use to be right next to my pet, like face I face so it looked like they were talking haha! Noticed it straight away but did not get around to post it.. Really hope they return him!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • BabySimmo93BabySimmo93 Registered Users 124 Posts

gone for good mate yeah :/
    two chances are when your bidding k stars with willow pape then if you stop you can speak to the lass who wants more k stars, its all in the new update which is Toronto, you'll get a call off Simon that Kendall is becoming a photographer or sumat and wants you to be the model.
    C'mon you Hull :mad:
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    It's a nice dress, but 140 K stars is way too much for it. I haven't gotten the storyline yet since I haven't been doing any of them in a while so when I finally do get it I will just have to pass up on the it. It sucks because I know Neko would have rocked it. Oh well. :(
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I haven't gotten to the storyline yet but I really don't like this at all. Maybe I'm still bitter about the event last weekend but they're asking for you to essentially pay $10-ish for a dress. At least with Kim's Picks (which are the same price) you get multiple items. I guess if you really like the dress then go for it but this seems like another cash grab.

I don't complain about the game all that often but I'm starting to see a trend. Every update comes a building that we now have to spend k-stars to buy. SYS events where you have to pay to play. Who Wore it Best event which is a complete joke ($$$). They may as well charge us every time we open the app. I don't mind spending money on the game but the giving/receiving ratio has become way off. I'm not made of money and all these recent updates don't benefit anyone except those who can afford to spend hundreds on the game and/or cheaters.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I've cut back on the houses. They're 3 times what they used to be and then we got rooms. Not room. And they cut my finances down without enough time to build it back up before the next house comes out. But we mentioned the seagull, and I'm sure he'll be back when they get the pets (Polar bear expecially) back where they belong. I don't see myself doing the dress. It's nice, but that's purple dress money. lol. So, I can buy it by bidding up to 110 or if not I get the non-buyer's remorse deal of 140.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    And it's not even a super exclusive item. This NPC has it too:

uoc6lUh.png
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Charli wrote: »
    And it's not even a super exclusive item. This NPC has it too:

uoc6lUh.png

Woow that's a good looking NPC :D she even has the new hair from the update!
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    This is the dress Syndra

Screenshot_2017_01_04_20_25_03_1_1_1.png

Thank you Camila! Oh so this is the controversial dress huh?
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    It's a nice dress, but 140 K stars is way too much for it. I haven't gotten the storyline yet since I haven't been doing any of them in a while so when I finally do get it I will just have to pass up on the it. It sucks because I know Neko would have rocked it. Oh well. :(

Wow 140 K-stars for that dress?! H℮ll to the no!! Why is GLU always selling something that carries a hefty price tag?! It's so fricking unreasonable!
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖