restoring old game

whaleswhales Registered Users 3 Posts
ive been trying to play kkh again and i wanted to restore my old game. before when i deleted the game, game center was able to let me continue when i wanted to play again, however when i try to restore it, it wont load and insteads loads my new game, but my friend has me on her friend list and my old game is still on her friend list saved under my game center name. ive tried facebook as well and it wont connect. is there a way i can acess my old game again?

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    game center became obsolete with iOS 10 I believe. The game is saved to the icloud, and to itunes if you backed up there. Apple support might be able to help, since they were connected with Game Center. I would go to apple support on a desktop/laptop, and choose the instant chat (I love having a record of what we each said, and any instructions they might give) then if the first rep doesn't seem to help, try to get to a senior level by using me. Say a friend needed to restore something and a senior level apple chat rep was able to get inside and see my saves. Could you chat with one of those, a senior level apple chat rep. Explain your plight, and ask how you can get your game back, now that Game Center is not operational.

If you have an older device, that still has game center functioning, you can always try and get the game back on that, doing an itunes backup of the game, and then pull that backup into the newer device that no longer recognizes the usefullness of Game Center. These are just my opinions. You can always ask customer care to offer advice by submitting a ticket, but I think Apple is so closely connected with Game Center, that they're the ones to try.

So sorry this happened, but Welcome to the forum. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • whaleswhales Registered Users 3 Posts
    game center became obsolete with iOS 10 I believe. The game is saved to the icloud, and to itunes if you backed up there. Apple support might be able to help, since they were connected with Game Center. I would go to apple support on a desktop/laptop, and choose the instant chat (I love having a record of what we each said, and any instructions they might give) then if the first rep doesn't seem to help, try to get to a senior level by using me. Say a friend needed to restore something and a senior level apple chat rep was able to get inside and see my saves. Could you chat with one of those, a senior level apple chat rep. Explain your plight, and ask how you can get your game back, now that Game Center is not operational.

If you have an older device, that still has game center functioning, you can always try and get the game back on that, doing an itunes backup of the game, and then pull that backup into the newer device that no longer recognizes the usefullness of Game Center. These are just my opinions. You can always ask customer care to offer advice by submitting a ticket, but I think Apple is so closely connected with Game Center, that they're the ones to try.

So sorry this happened, but Welcome to the forum. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

thank you for your help! also i was wondering since i still havent updated my iphone, its still
    ios 9 i was wondering if that would affect game center in anyway, and if i would be able to restore my game?
    GameCenter worked with 9, so there is always a chance. I think the best option is to talk to Apple and see what their advice is. Ft doesn't save the game. It just helps with how we see other dolls and how they see us. If it was saved in Gc, I just don't have that knowledge. But before doing anything I would check with them, and see if you can get the game up. The last save might be buried, it's tech possible to connect to itunes, and let Apple poke around by authorizing remote assistance. But you have to get the chat people willing to do that. I have a little knowledge about a lot of things, but if you can get the right Apple rep, they can do way more than anything I might suggest. When you deleted the game, you either just removed the game, or deleted all data. If the save is in the cloud, Apple support are the ones who can help. But you have to put on your nicest tone, relate to the rep somehow, and get them to want to help you. It's encouraging that your phone isn'the updated and still runs game enter. But you want apple to help you find and load your save, then back it up to itunes.

And remember, if you install a new game, your ID changed. I would me sure you have the current ID saved, then save the new one once you game is either up and running or you've started a new one. Good luck.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • whaleswhales Registered Users 3 Posts
    i spoke with the apple support and they said that because i deleted the game i would have to start fresh, however im going to ask some others because they werent able to answer my question as to why my friend can see my old save
    That could be because she still sees the last image she saw of you. Are you changing clothes in her game? That would might more that your 'ghost' doll appearing in a former outfit. I'm sorry it's not turning out better for you. :(
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NaimonsterNaimonster Registered Users 5,127 Posts
    whales wrote: »
    i spoke with the apple support and they said that because i deleted the game i would have to start fresh, however im going to ask some others because they werent able to answer my question as to why my friend can see my old save

Don't mean to burst your bubble, but even if you lose your game entirely, you will still show up in your friends' friend list. That's what happened to a few of my friends even when they created new dolls. I see their old and new dolls in my friend list but they can never access their old game again.
    PM to add
    I keep seeing the 'ghost' of my lost hubby Fabs, and I saw Alk's Jedi Bull doll a couple of times, no speech bubbles, they're just there in the corner of a room. And both of them have been out of the game in a long time. I too had a few 'double' dolls. An old frozen doll, and then a newer doll who seems live - all from friends who started their games over when they couldn't retrieve their old game.

I'm sorry nothing has worked. Sometimes a fresh start is a good thing. You should come into General Discussion. We have event threads, chat threads, even a lounge to whine about blues in the game. We have tips, no tricks though and lots of friendship. But again, I'm sorry your game is lost. If you've made purchases in the Starshop of Stars or Game Kash, customer care can help you restore them.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary