My game won't load

Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
Today I couldn't access my game at all, it loads until 40% and then it starts again. I've restarted multiple times (phone and game) and I deleted some apps to get more storage on my device but nothing, It's not the WiFi either. I don't have my game ID and I don't really know what to do anymore
*A+++
*Android player
*Add me here

Comments

• Naomi77Naomi77 Registered Users 212 Posts
    is it possible that your phone didn't update correctly, maybe stalling midway? has happened to me before my phone froze and didn't install as it should.
  • Camila[Black]Camila[Black] Registered Users 345 Posts
    I played after the update so I don't think that is what's going on with my game, but what did you do when that happened?
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    Camila, I'm sorry this is happening. I know there was an android update I got late tuesday night. Did you have one, are you iOS? Let me see if I can find any troubleshooting info in FAQs.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I found this, but you've already indicated you tried all this.

[h=2]Why can't I load or open my game?[/h] If you are experiencing loading issues, please do not uninstall your game. We have no way of restoring any lost game progress.

First, try to fully exit and then re-open the game. Next, c lose any apps that aren’t essential. Make sure that you have 2 GB of extra free space. And for best results, you'll want to always use a reliable Wi-Fi connection.

Not trying to pry, but have you ever heard of St. Francis, and would that have any meaning to you? Please don't laugh. St. Francis is the the patron saint for finding lost things. I have on occasion asked for his assistance when I considered a game 'lost' because it wouldn't load. But then I often call upon him for a lost key, or book whatever. Please don't be offended by this, but when it comes to getting a game loaded I've been known to try everything, and my level of faith makes me believe I'm not being sacrilegious.

Ok Saints asiide, you said you can't access the ID number. Please everyone, open your game right now and save your ID number somewhere other than just your device. Email it to yourself. Now, is there anyway you can do either an itunes backup to your computer, or if you're Samsung you can maybe back up your device through Smartswitch. If you can successfully back up your device, and feel safe trying an uninstall and reinstall - the back up is the only way I would try it. I'm so sorry this is happening.

I hope someone with experience like this can chime in with any suggestions.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I found this, but you've already indicated you tried all this.

[h=2]Why can't I load or open my game?[/h] If you are experiencing loading issues, please do not uninstall your game. We have no way of restoring any lost game progress.

First, try to fully exit and then re-open the game. Next, c lose any apps that aren’t essential. Make sure that you have 2 GB of extra free space. And for best results, you'll want to always use a reliable Wi-Fi connection.

Not trying to pry, but have you ever heard of St. Francis, and would that have any meaning to you? Please don't laugh. St. Francis is the the patron saint for finding lost things. I have on occasion asked for his assistance when I considered a game 'lost' because it wouldn't load. But then I often call upon him for a lost key, or book whatever. Please don't be offended by this, but when it comes to getting a game loaded I've been known to try everything, and my level of faith makes me believe I'm not being sacrilegious.

Ok Saints asiide, you said you can't access the ID number. Please everyone, open your game right now and save your ID number somewhere other than just your device. Email it to yourself. Now, is there anyway you can do either an itunes backup to your computer, or if you're Samsung you can maybe back up your device through Smartswitch. If you can successfully back up your device, and feel safe trying an uninstall and reinstall - the back up is the only way I would try it. I'm so sorry this is happening.

I hope someone with experience like this can chime in with any suggestions.

Thanks for trying to help koko!
    I'm not really religious anymore, I consider myself agnostic but maybe i'm going to be desperate enough to try that later.
    I don't feel safe uninstalling my game either so i'm not going to do that, I'm just going to keep trying i guess :/
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Don't uninstall! Google backups aren't reliable. Just keep trying I guess, it's the mini update for the event that's stuck for you. Or try freeing some space, sorry I can't think of anything else. :(

Hopefully a Glu mod would see this and help you.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Sounds like it could be caused by a poor internet connection, since you've followed the other advice. Please don't uninstall because we can't restore lost progress.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Just to stress, I posted these instructions from FAQs, where the first paragraph stresses not to uninstall.
    ****Why can't I load or open my game?

If you are experiencing loading issues, please do not uninstall your game. We have no way of restoring any lost game progress.

First, try to fully exit and then re-open the game. Next, c lose any apps that aren’t essential. Make sure that you have 2 GB of extra free space. And for best results, you'll want to always use a reliable Wi-Fi connection. ***

But, I did say later on ONLY if you can make the itunes hard copy backup onto your computer, OR the Android hard copy save through SmartSwitch should you even attempt, and then again, it's only at your own risk.

The thought of my game up there in a cloud somewhere doesn't inspire confidence, So only with a solid back up should you attempt it. I know a lot of people claim to uninstall/reinstall regularly through the cloud. it's not safe. Then they'll come back and say they got their game but they're 5 levels lower.

And I'll keep good thoughts for you. hopefully it's a temporary snag.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    Oh, and by freeing space I meant RAM, not storage. And if it's the internet, try switching to data connection instead of wifi.
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
    Oh I'm definitely not uninstalling.
    It may be about my RAM space, my phone is really old (LG G2 mini) and it has just 1GB RAM in total so obviously I have less free space than that.
    I've always played the game in that phone, since 2015 and i've never had a problem with it :/
    Thanks everyone for trying to help
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
  • Naomi77Naomi77 Registered Users 212 Posts
    Sorry for my late reply I ended up just having to wait a couple days for a next update, was lucky though because apparently must have been other stuff in need of fixing at the time or the wait would have been longer, and was too chicken to try un installing :P I do hope everything gets fixed for you.
  • pattettepattette Registered Users 19 Posts
    Hey! I am having a similar issue too; it just goes to black when I try to change game locations or watch videos. I've used WiFi at work and at home, I've turned off my WiFi and used my precious, precious cellular data. I've got tons of free space on my iPhone. iOS software and game updates are all current. Hard-quitting the game or other apps and powering off my phone doesn't make a difference. I think it's a glitch, since it happened during my throwback event this week and now during the weekend event. It's caused me to lose stars from watching videos because it won't register as a view, I guess. That was a right p-off after having watched 5+ vids and only getting like 2 k-stars.

Anyway, I do have my game ID saved but for now I await word from anyone who can help! [insert thundercloud pouting face from game here]
    Naomi77 wrote: »
    Sorry for my late reply I ended up just having to wait a couple days for a next update, was lucky though because apparently must have been other stuff in need of fixing at the time or the wait would have been longer, and was too chicken to try un installing :P I do hope everything gets fixed for you.

Thank you Naomi :) I guess i'll have to wait until the next update then
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    pattette wrote: »
    Hey! I am having a similar issue too; it just goes to black when I try to change game locations or watch videos. I've used WiFi at work and at home, I've turned off my WiFi and used my precious, precious cellular data. I've got tons of free space on my iPhone. iOS software and game updates are all current. Hard-quitting the game or other apps and powering off my phone doesn't make a difference. I think it's a glitch, since it happened during my throwback event this week and now during the weekend event. It's caused me to lose stars from watching videos because it won't register as a view, I guess. That was a right p-off after having watched 5+ vids and only getting like 2 k-stars.

Anyway, I do have my game ID saved but for now I await word from anyone who can help! [insert thundercloud pouting face from game here]

I'm sorry you're having problems with your game too.
    Yeah, the issue with my game started during the midweek event too so i tought maybe it could get fixed with the mini update for the weekend event, but nothing
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    I'm so sorry this is happening. The FAQs strongly suggest using WIFI and making sure you have a strong signal, so I don't think turning off Wifi is going to help. If you have your ID number and want to contact customer care, you can use the Contact Us link from this page. It's a page for crashing for Androids, I don't know if you guys are Android or iOS, but maybe you can use some of the info there.

Not being able to play and get in has to be so very frustrating, and I'm sorry you're going through this. Oh, if you don't have your ID, you can still use the Contact Us form, but without your number they can't take a look at your game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    UPDATE: I can access my game now, after the update just like Naomi said, everything's the same :D again, thanks for trying to help me :)
    *A+++
    *Android player
    *Add me here
    I wish I could say my situation has gotten better. Three weeks of emails with Glu and nothing at all from Fyber, and the effort I put forth feels useless. I am actually able to time the loading errors of black screens and freezing to almost exactly every 2 mins. Doesn't matter what I'm doing—switching between locations or adding friends to gigs, or changing clothes, or trying to access the video offers, etc. Doesn't matter how much free space is on my iPhone (27gb!!). Doesn't matter that I'm fully updated on the app and iOS, and have zero other programs running.

If Glu isn't prepared to acknowledge that this is an ongoing thing and patch a fix then I can't see the point in continuing game play. It's been more than a month's opportunity for them to make good on the issues from xmas.

I really appreciate your guys' help, koko and Kalinda, but maybe in my case this is a wait-and-see-if-another-update-will-help situation, or just stopping playing altogether.
    Refresh my memory, are ads between scenes still running in your game? Not talking about the ads for stars in the star shop. But if you never bought stars or cash from the star shop, the ads would be my guess. Forgive me if I said this already. If that's the case. you could try to get in and buy the 5$ package. That kills the ads I'm talking about, and it literally saved my device from dying. before I could get a new one. This probably isn't your case, but I feel helpless for you. I'm not trying to shill for glu but I gladly plunked down 10$ to try and save my device till Christmas. Ir was August. I got the 10 dollar one, because if it worked, I would then have enough stars to buy the jet. lol. Ok, I was hooked back then too. So, forgive me if this doesn't apply, but when it comes to our games, they're more like our dolls and we're somewhat kray kray. I'd give you a hug if I could.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Aw, bless you! That's sweet. I know you guys are doing the best troubleshooting you can with what resources you have. It's always worth posting here since you never know who might have some insight. My ad problem is a little different in that I receive occasional vids but still get shown the offer wall right away with very seldom anything to watch. But now that you mention it, while I haven't bought anything from the star shop before, I did notice that during the holiday update I no longer had the option to "watch a video" for a second free daily gift box. Wonder if that's connected somehow, or if it's normal.

I'm happy to try anything at this point; I don't mind forking over a few bucks as an experiment. I'll try it when I get home later and let you know if it worked with the Valentine's offer since it's the cheapest option at $4.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    nononononononononononono

The valentines gifts won't take away your ads. It has to be a package of Stars directly from the Star shop, or a package of Game Cash, from the star shop.

You can buy any of these packages, for cash
    File_Feb_06_7_38_25_AM.png

or Stars

File_Feb_06_7_38_45_AM.png

I don't think the Valentines purchases count, because they are neither stars nor game cash, AND they weren't a purchase from the Star Shop.
    The Valentines gifts are great, but they won't take away the ads that run when you go to pick up your gig payouts, or when you go from your house to the street. Basically any scene change. Your game will play 'interruption free'. By removing those pesky ads, it makes the game feel much smoother. You won't have those adds always cutting into your game pulling focus. It's hard to explain.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Womp womp...

Well, at least I got a nice prize out of it. Meh, it was just $4. The reason I chose it over the star pack was that the star pack is about $7 CAD so I took what was cheaper, not realizing it was a different process... I gave it a couple of days, and while my game isn't at 100%, it's not freezing every two mins like before. Now it only freezes occasionally, seemingly randomly.

I'm gonna take this as a small victory (even if it's a fluke) and see how things pan out after the V-day update is removed. If it doesn't go back to normal, then I'll try the star pack as you suggest! It's not making me so crazy now that I will stop playing. Thanks!!
    oooh. Maybe our games get glitchy when they want a present. I know I get cranky when I want a present. Maybe the game just wanted a gift. lol. So, what did you get? And did you send the other as a gift to a friend? I'm glad you're having a little better luck now. I saw your post and couldn't stop you fast enough. :( SO....did you get the hair? The dress? THe jacket? tell us, tell us.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Got me a nice trench/shirt combo, then I gifted back to someone who sent me a box earlier that day (in which I won the purse). It was a nice surprise since my IRL friends bailed on the game! I had to haul-butt to get the final hair prize since I missed out on the v-day boxed ones.
  • Mileys_MommyMileys_Mommy Registered Users 239 Posts
    Please glu put out a fix I've been a loyal player who has payed real money for kstars an smc an Kim's picks I've put a lot of time in to thus game since the beginning am I really would hate to lose everything in my game because no matter how much storage I free up or making sure my tablet is the only connected to my wifi nothing is working it goes through the loading process an as soon as it gets to 100% it goes to the main screen please fix I don't wanna have to re start I did everything it said in the FAQ an nothing works
    I play iOS and android please update nicki Minaj the empire
  • KinishaKinisha Registered Users 20 Posts
    My game on facebook won't load. please help
  • KinishaKinisha Registered Users 20 Posts
    My game won't load on facebook I tried everything I cleared my cache and tried again but I keep getting a message that says Failed to download save data please try again
    Try switching browsers. A lot of players like chrome. I don't play the Fb version so I don't know. But try switching browsers,
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary