Weekend Event 1/20/2017 Party Till you Drop

Comments

• ldavis1636ldavis1636 Registered Users 286 Posts
    I got the dress in my free box and then decided to press my luck and got 50 energy twice. Should have stopped while I was ahead!

But yay to the dress.
    Hey, I'm Laura!

iOS player, would love to add any of you on Facebook!
  • CharliCharli Registered Users 1,670 Posts
    I got the jeans, the only decent item ...

sm5Haru.jpg
    The account says Charli, but my name's Bilal.

I play KK:H on Android! You can add me on Facebook to be friends in-game.
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    I 100% appreciate the screaming match Willow Pape is having in the middle of the street in Havana. "You'll rue this day. You'll rue it SO HARD."

Even though I'm only going for the necklace, I'm so close to leveling up (so close that I haven't done anything since last weekend because I wanted to save the energy restore) that I figured I might as well keep grinding until that happens. Cut to six parties later with no end in sight. I'm going to end up completely finishing the event and still be on the same level, I just know it. :p

Also, I got 40 stars in my free box, then used that to open a second box and got the dress. I decided not to open any more, but now I realize I have nothing to wear the dress with.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    I reaaaally do not like ANY of the items this week. I am going to throw some parties, mainly because I am so close to hitting #1 out of the NPCs and passing Willow Pape. These parties will really help with a fan boost.

Not going to push myself, though, because the items really are not worth it. We'll see how far I get!
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    I wonder why I got the bacon storyline for this weekend yet still have not gotten the Toronto storyline (the one where you can buy the dress)? Like if backed up gigs was the reason for not getting the Toronto storyline shouldn't I have not gotten this weekend's storyline too for the same reason??
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    krystal wrote: »
    I wonder why I got the bacon storyline for this weekend yet still have not gotten the Toronto storyline (the one where you can buy the dress)? Like if backed up gigs was the reason for not getting the Toronto storyline shouldn't I have not gotten this weekend's storyline too for the same reason??

The weekend storyline gigs are separate since you can only do the during the event, otherwise newer players would never get a chance to do them...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    krystal wrote: »

I think no matter how many backed up events you have, you will always get the weekend storyline events.
    hackers can burn in hell
    Lii wrote: »
    The weekend storyline gigs are separate since you can only do the during the event, otherwise newer players would never get a chance to do them...

Ohh, okay that makes sense. Do you know if there's a thread anywhere on here with information to like help you determine where you are in the game like in terms of what gigs you have completed? Like I know I have tons of gigs backed up but I'm curious to have some idea of how much father I need to go.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I don't think anyone has kept track the order of storylines. That would've been a great idea though

Maybe if we have someone restart or do a new game we can bat our eyes? :o
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    urnxo wrote: »
    Just an FYI the thread date is wrong. Should be 1/20. Haha I was so confused trying to find it and then looked at the year and figured this had to be it.

Mystery solved
    'Kalinda changed my wrong date, so when I looked, I saw no signs of a change. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts
    I called it! Got the hair in my free box. I will never wear this Great Gatsby costume realness.

Ugh I would've rather had points or energy. Party weekends are so extra, I can't even. I also have to bring my poor dog to the vet and focus on him. He's got really bad joint pain.

So idk I may not even come close to finishing this event.
    I LOVE the dress Khloe wore that is in the gift boxes this week in real life. However, I do not think Glu did it justice in the game. It's still pretty but that's just my personal opinion. I wish it was more white/silvery than the kind nude/tan color it is in the game as that is not reflective of the dress' actual color. I wish the Kourtney gown's length went to the floor as well. I hate seeing the shoes at the bottom. No dress would actually be that length in real life.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    These NPCs from this weekend's event are so effing attractive on my games that I so wished that my dolls could date them.
    original-5822a7d02d60f4a33c8d1ddcca391118.jpg
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Syndra x wrote: »
    Thank you, Tiramisu! That's really helpful. ^^ Uh do you upload screenshots or photos on tinypic or photobucket?

Happy to help! And I actually haven't tried either - I really don't even know any of the basics! Is there one you would recommend?
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    tiramisu wrote: »
    Happy to help! And I actually haven't tried either - I really don't even know any of the basics! Is there one you would recommend?

Tinypic is easier to use, IMO haha. You just have to make an acct first then upload your pic then copy the uploaded pics' URL CODE FOR FORUMS (you can see it there right after uploading your pic) then once you've copied it just paste the URL in this forum. ^^
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    I really just wanted one thing to help me with the event so when I opened my free box and it was the dress, I quit there. Good thing too since in my 2nd box it would've been kash.

for the curious, my boxes were

?-?- kstars-?
    kash-?-hair-dress

I did not see the bracelet or necklace so the ?s are kash & stars
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
    I'm already bored with this event and I haven't even gotten to the necklace yet. I find myself sighing out loud every time I have to go to a different room and invite more contacts. I don't think I'm going to make it through 20+ more parties.

And this storyline is weird. Anyone do the second gig yet and want to shed some light?
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I really hate how time-consuming the 6 hr event gigs are like oh my goodness!:eek:

What's even worse is when you can't even invite a co-star to the **** gig!

Dang like I constantly have to go on an energy hunt or wait till my energy bar recharges.

I thought the rapid recharge would be helpful, but it's quite the opposite to me. As a matter of fact, it's pretty useless and it's unbeneficial. I don't really use it too often on my games.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Im starting storyline tomorrow when energy is full and I can finish with petvenergy. I find myself doing a party. Coming back in a couple of hours and doing another. I'll have to grind at some poiht.

Happy Friday Night.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    The rapid recharge essentially gives you 3 free energy each time you use it. So it helps a bit but not enough that it's super noticeable.
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    that necklace is TOUGH to design around
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • LisylisLisylis Registered Users 931 Posts
    Oh my god the second weekend quest is called "Day of Pigs"! I am HERE for Cold War Cuba puns <3

Update: this dialogue is s a v a g e
  • caongocanh259caongocanh259 Registered Users 1 Posts
    I like the earnable hair, too. So sexy!
  • YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    Lisylis wrote: »
    Oh my god the second weekend quest is called "Day of Pigs"! I am HERE for Cold War Cuba puns <3

Update: this dialogue is s a v a g e

I know, they're going all out on this one!

Still doubting though, should I go with Willow's turkey bacon, or stick with that bacon 2, the meat you can put anywhere?
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
    YesWeJenn wrote: »

Still doubting though, should I go with Willow's turkey bacon, or stick with that bacon 2, the meat you can put anywhere?
    Honestly I kind of trust Willow on stuff like this. She tells it like it is. Or maybe I was just unduly flattered by her tiger metaphor. But it's not like our director seems to know what he's doing.
  • SeppoSeppo Registered Users 8 Posts
    Hah, lucky for once. Didnt really like the dress, but since I got it for free I'm sure Ill find an use.
    yzaM96Oh.jpg
  • YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    Lisylis wrote: »
    Honestly I kind of trust Willow on stuff like this. She tells it like it is. Or maybe I was just unduly flattered by her tiger metaphor. But it's not like our director seems to know what he's doing.

Before accepting either of the bacon options for gig #3, Maria-via-Simon warned me. Sticking with bacon 2 and having some fun with it should give my doll some internet cred. Hoping that'll result in some extra event stars, I've decided to stick with the useless bacon #2.

Going on Ray Powers in t minus 6h. Fingers crossed.
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts

I went with Maria's plan (so stick with Bacon 2 "and have some chill about it")
    I'll report back on how it turns out.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    KaylaJ wrote: »
    that necklace is TOUGH to design around
    It's like crooked or something. It doesn't line up with the neckline of anything I own.
    The rapid recharge essentially gives you 3 free energy each time you use it. So it helps a bit but not enough that it's super noticeable.
    When you just leave it alone to recharge on its own, yeah, but I feel like it's got to be more of an advantage when you're actively going around and clicking on things. When I'm doing events with rapid recharge and tapping every little star or whatever, it seems like my energy's lasting way longer.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
    Before accepting either of the bacon options for gig #3, Maria-via-Simon warned me. Sticking with bacon 2 and having some fun with it should give my doll some internet cred. Hoping that'll result in some extra event stars, I've decided to stick with the useless bacon #2.

Going on Ray Powers in t minus 6h. Fingers crossed.
    I swear to god like 80% of the time I pick the bad option during weekend events. I'll let you know what happens with the Willow option!