Monday brings a birthday...and a MidWeek? 1/24/17

Comments

• KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: »
    Kalinda made it seem like a second chance to win the prizes from the first time we saw the event, so I wondered if maybe it will remember where we were in the game.

That's correct!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    Moving on to the weekday 5-star throwbacks...where I stop at 300 points; 600 is too much to ask for a weekday event and I have no hope of attaining the fourth box, pretty much ever, so why bother trying. The three times I made myself and my days and mostly nights crazy to get that final box, two out of three items blew. I got a frumpy leopard-pattern dress my doll will never wear; a seriously ugly black and silver bracelet; and the *good* thing--a quilted black handbag with gold metal treatment. I don't know why so many people don't like getting accessories--I really *love, love, love* getting the handbags and jewelry, and shoes too, though they're much too few and far between. As for hairstyles, which many people gripe about the lack of, I can wait, it's not urgent as far as I, myself, am concerned. I have plenty of hairstyles I like so, so much, it doesn't bother me in particular. In November I got that cute, twisted, side ponytail in a black box--it's a really nice thing that there's a few tb items in the black and gold boxes, I really appreciate that. So at least I have a teeny, tiny chance to get a tb item, in that way, since I refuse to make my efforts thisclose to careening like a kamikaze to get those 600 points. Please, Glu, can you knock that midweek total down to 500, so most people have at least a fighting chance of actually getting that tb box? It's not fair, to offer something so unattainable to so many; the defeatist attitude it fosters just beats down the fun and in-mid-event anticipation of how the end will play out. I do appreciate the first three boxes, but in the end, they're not the golden ticket and hey, I would like to achieve some tb goodies too. I want them just as much as everyone else. So, that's about it for now.
    I agree. I haven't tried for a single throwback box since they've changed it to the last box only, because I've never gotten anything out of a throwback box that wasn't awful. And the 600 points is really unreasonable. It's hard enough getting to 600 on the weekends when we get bonus points from event items. Without that, they're basically asking us to devote all of our free time to a game on weekdays, when most of us have a thousand other things to do. I get that KKH is their job, but it's not ours. We can't spend 40 hours a week tapping.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    Of course we reviewed your feedback about the first Who Wore It Best? event. We have adjusted the gated items so you can show off your creativity more when you style outfits to submit, and we resolved a couple of bugs we found.

Thank you for acknowledging the issues.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • ChicCharlotteChicCharlotte Registered Users 571 Posts
    I just skimmed through this thread. Did I miss what the task is for the Throwback event? Hoping it isn't dating or parties!
    Began an iOS game and need friends!
    Also deleted old Facebook account. Please refriend me if you play iOS.
    https://facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009525168362
  • BlacChynaBlacChyna Registered Users 43 Posts
    Well, since y'all did some adjustment to the Who Wore It Best event I'm oh ok with doing it the 2nd time. But I'm surprised you guys brought it back kind of early I thought after all the backlash we won't be seeing it for a while.
    Beyonce is pregnant with twins respect God and bow down. And happy black history month where all the blacks get the appreciation they deserve and black heroes who are long forgotten will be remembered all this month. :cool: - A'sia
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Happy Birthday Bilal!!!!!

Hope you get everything you wish for ;)

azbirthdaywishes-birthdaypics-20259.jpg
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    I agree. I haven't tried for a single throwback box since they've changed it to the last box only, because I've never gotten anything out of a throwback box that wasn't awful. And the 600 points is really unreasonable. It's hard enough getting to 600 on the weekends when we get bonus points from event items. Without that, they're basically asking us to devote all of our free time to a game on weekdays, when most of us have a thousand other things to do. I get that KKH is their job, but it's not ours. We can't spend 40 hours a week tapping.

My thoughts exactly. Isn't it ironic that...
    During weekdays (days we're VERY busy) we get 600points event with less desirable items(most likely we get energy bolts and ka$h) WITHOUT any bonus event points,

While on weekends (days we maybe have some free time) we get the same 600points event with BETTER event items (because we are sure that we're really getting some clothing items) WITH bonus event points.

???
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Happy b day Bilal! I'm sending you the best wishes ever and many more to come along the way.

lSrEr.gif
    isabeau wrote: »
    Moving on to the weekday 5-star throwbacks...where I stop at 300 points; 600 is too much to ask for a weekday event and I have no hope of attaining the fourth box, pretty much ever, so why bother trying. The three times I made myself and my days and mostly nights crazy to get that final box, two out of three items blew. So at least I have a teeny, tiny chance to get a tb item, in that way, since I refuse to make my efforts thisclose to careening like a kamikaze to get those 600 points. Please, Glu, can you knock that midweek total down to 500, so most people have at least a fighting chance of actually getting that tb box? It's not fair, to offer something so unattainable to so many; the defeatist attitude it fosters just beats down the fun and in-mid-event anticipation of how the end will play out. I do appreciate the first three boxes, but in the end, they're not the golden ticket and hey, I would like to achieve some tb goodies too. I want them just as much as everyone else. So, that's about it for now.

I most definitely agree about the formatting of the throwback events. I see myself playing this game lesser & lesser weekly too. Whenever I suggested that glu should at least lower the required points, they never seemed to listen and just ignore what was requested. I don't even know why glu is still calling it a throwback event when there's only 1 throwback box. The title of the event is very misleading. *note the sarcasm*
    -_-

Oh! it's good to see you again DMV. I'm glad that you stopped by.

Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Thank you so much for the spoilers and the update, Kalinda :D

When you say 5-Star Throwback Event, is that 5-Star Gigs?
    Like Koko said, we have 3 different events this week, so there are a few different ways you can choose to participate.

Of course we reviewed your feedback about the first Who Wore It Best? event. We have adjusted the gated items so you can show off your creativity more when you style outfits to submit, and we resolved a couple of bugs we found.

I realize you felt like you were missing out on a popular event while we ran WWIB, so this time, you can choose to compete in addition to completing the 5-Star Throwback Event, as well as the upcoming weekend event. That's right - we're running it longer!
  • SavagekkhSavagekkh Registered Users 569 Posts

If Glu read the feedback and THAT is what you think the answer is, then Glu is completely tone deaf.

I read the entire thread. We were INSULTED by the event because of the endless kstars charged for every round (especially the recharge for lost rounds), because people voted for inferior looks so theirs would win and it was impossible to gauge how to dress badly enough to win.

But Glu doesn't care about those things. You all can say you listen but actual issues are never addressed if it means that Glu can't do their shameless cash grab events.

We warned you. You don't care. I'm DONE with this game. Deleting. Bye.

But you don't care about that either. You're just angling for a younger crowd, thinking they will pay through the nose, and it's going to tank your game. This is what happens when you insult your ACTUAL core audience.
  • Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    I'm quite excited to hear that we are having a working midweek that way I can focus more in the storyline while getting event points ahaha.

3 events for this week!? Hopefully I'll be able to participate in them since I've been itching to get some new accessories so I'll have multiple chances at some this week.
    I hope that I'm not too late into the party... Happy Birthday Bilal! :o:)

vjYSG1i.jpg
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the spoilers and the update, Kalinda :D

When you say 5-Star Throwback Event, is that 5-Star Gigs?

Keep partying, dolls! The 5-Star Throwback Event will reward you for parties.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    Ok, spoiler time! We're having a 5-Star Throwback Event and Throwback Sale. Plus, we want to give you dolls more chances to win the prizes from the Who Wore It Best? event, so we're bringing it back tomorrow!

Thank you for the spoilers (as usual) Kalinda!

Not sure I completely understand, but I will wait for the morning to see what changes have been made! I did like many of the items that were released, so I hope there is a real opportunity to earn them. I'm hoping it was changed to more of an extended SYS event, without paying an endless amount of ******** entry fees.

Was excited until I saw this post. We don't want 5-star parties! Parties take too long and we don't have time during the week. :(
    daffodil wrote: »
    Are you being sarcastic...?
    I agree lets wait for the roll out, but I don't think anyone was going to lose it. And Dafodil probably posted the first thing on everyone's mind after reading about it's return. lol.

Deep breaths everyone. Could be a very new and improoved version of it. Maybe it's geared for dies in the wool grinders, without an eye to the buy in. I'd grind if I didn't have to pay a small fortune in stars for a maybe.
    daffodil wrote: »
    I'm not losing it lol I just really can't wrap my head around the fact that they're bringing back the most unpopular event type ever after the huge backlash following its introduction.

But yes we'll have to wait and see. But I'm not participating.

Daffodil & Koko: My reaction as well. Can't see how they could bring that event back without making some very necessary changes. If you want to see my really long post about my thoughts click here.

Isabeau: (Sorry, your post was too long for me to quote). I've also found myself playing a lot less lately. The changes in events (making them harder, making us pay more to play, etc.) has left a bad taste in my mouth. I also agree that 600 points is too much for a midweek, considering the prizes are not usually worth it.
    Syndra x wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly. Isn't it ironic that...
    During weekday (days we're VERY busy) we get 600points event with less desirable items(most likely we get energy bolts and ka$h) WITHOUT any bonus event points,

While on weekends (days we maybe have some free time) we get the same 600points event with BETTER event items (because we are sure that we're really getting some clothing items) WITH bonus event points.

Syndra: That isn't how it started though. The game added weekend events where players would have a chance to earn exclusive items (and later a chance to buy giftboxes for more exclusive items). The real throwback midweek events were added as a way for players who haven't played from the beginning (or those who didn't always participate/finish/etc.) to earn the items they missed out on. These weren't added as weekend events, so they weren't taking anything away from the players who did have everything. However, they have IMO completely ruined these midweek events by changes them from four boxes to one. Completely not worth grinding anymore, and shows the greediness of Glu (you can only earn all the items if you have endless money or a hacked game, isn't that fun!!??).
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts

Oh no! I read it as gigs. Welp I guess I'll just try for the gold box.
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Ok, spoiler time! We're having a 5-Star Throwback Event and Throwback Sale. Plus, we want to give you dolls more chances to win the prizes from the Who Wore It Best? event, so we're bringing it back tomorrow!

Uh, so i thought we're going to have 5-star professional gigs this midweek. I got confused by the "5-star" throwback event. So it's a party midweek event, right? :eek:
    That isn't how it started though. The game added weekend events where players would have a chance to earn exclusive items (and later a chance to buy giftboxes for more exclusive items). The real throwback midweek events were added as a way for players who haven't played from the beginning (or those who didn't always participate/finish/etc.) to earn the items they missed out on. These weren't added as weekend events, so they weren't taking anything away from the players who did have everything. However, they have IMO completely ruined these midweek events by changes them from four boxes to one. Completely not worth grinding anymore, and shows the greediness of Glu (you can only earn all the items if you have endless money or a hacked game, isn't that fun!!??).

Yes, katiealexandraa. That "4 TB Boxes" event was the best midweek event for me as well because, well, I just started playing last Dec 2015 so I didn't really have many event items. Again, I agree with you that GLU really ruined it by changing them from four boxes to one. I hope they'll make it like 1 black box, 1 gold box, and 2 TB boxes.
    *fingers crossed*
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I'm excited, and I think it's time to start hydrating. I want to be up bright and early to make my way through this 3 Event Trifecta. (I know nothing about horseracing. A trifecta is 3 races? 3 Things? Does it apply here? lol) I psyched now the WWIB is running longer? I think if I go to bed now, the event will be here sooner.

OMG. That was my Christmas Eve strategy from being a little girl. Has this game actually replaced Christmas in my realm of celebrations? Yikes. Lol. Ok, another reason why I know I'm addicted.

Oh, dolls gather round for a funny thing. I learned Baba's GF just started playing. turns out she's trying to become D list now so she's very new. My son is "No. not you too" so she tells him "I'm not really playing playing. I'm just checking it out" I think. So, I decide to try a little something. I always have the sound down. She and Baba are a few feet away playing a game on his computer, and I turn up the volume just a little, pop into Beverly Hills (that music always tugs at me a little. Don't know why) and within a minute, her phone in in her hand and she was playing the game. I pointed out to her that just hearing the music...she interrupted with "Omg, I couldn't help it. I heard the music and I just had to play" So...even the Newbies become hopelessly hooked early on. I mean Baba's GF is like the 6th or 8th level. She's being urged to buy Miami now. that's how new, but the faint sound of the game...made he dig out the phone and start playing. I'm bad. I know I am.

BTW - Baba's GF if you're here, don't be embarrased. We were all new once. Right now the question is - did you really forget and leave my care package of cookies in the car, or did you want to get rid of them. Sniff Sniff. I had to open a tube for those cookies. I had to scoop out the dough and toss them on a baking sheet. Nah, I'm just kidding. Miss you already :)
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Like Koko said, we have 3 different events this week, so there are a few different ways you can choose to participate.

I realize you felt like you were missing out on a popular event while we ran WWIB, so this time, you can choose to compete in addition to completing the 5-Star Throwback Event, as well as the upcoming weekend event. That's right - we're running it longer!

First off, I would like to say to Bilal,

Happy%2BBirthday%2BGif%2B600.gif

Now, I for one do not want to see this event again because the last time left me pretty bitter and frustrated with it. I don't understand why Glu would bring this back so soon after countless complaints and dissatisfaction from players. I thought it was to change things up a bit and take a break from TB events, but apparently that's happening too. Hey Glu, what ever happen to SYS events? Please tell me they didn't take them away all together in favor of WWIB. Glu stated that they have read our feedback and made some improvements, but I have some concerns. What about the costly repeated entry fees? Has Glu changed it to a one time entry fee per tier or does it still have the player pay for every entry? Also has the amount been lowered. How about the issue with players voting for the unpopular votes so their looks will win? Did Glu find a way for players to have a fair chance at winning? I'm not sure what bugs were found, but hopefully it has something to do with fixing the results of the voting. These were two of the biggest issues myself and other players have had with the event and if these issues aren't fix, then Glu can expect this event to fail again. What's worse is that we have a party event. I can't count the number of times, mine included, that people have stated that party midweek events are too difficult to do because it takes too much time to complete especially when many people are too busy to play. Why would Glu gives us a party TB event right after a tiresome party weekend event? I'm starting to agree with savagekkh where it seems like Glu is not listing to us at all.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Koko, I loved reading about Baba's girlfriend. That's how it started for me too: "I'm not really playing playing. I'm just checking it out", hahaha!
    I'm curious if the 'Trowback Sale' is actually an original Throwback Sale where the items are in your closet for purchase for a limited time... And for the WWIB, I'm hoping Glu made changes to this type of event, but we'll just have to wait and see. Just a few more hours waiting and we'll know.
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • Gabebot3000Gabebot3000 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Hey lindavb its Gabriel your fb friend hopefully it is an original tbe sale I miss it so much
    Hey lindavb its Gabriel your fb friend hopefully it is an original tbe sale I miss it so much
    Hi Gabriel! Good to see you here and congratulations on your first post!!
    Yes I am really hoping it's an original sale, one more hour and we will know!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts

Oh no, Iwas so excited :(
    I think I'm just going to lay back down and go back to sleep.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Gabebot3000Gabebot3000 Registered Users 64 Posts
    Its 10:29pm here in New Zealand so I'm hoping its on soon
    Its 10:29pm here in New Zealand so I'm hoping its on soon
    We are exactly on opposite sides of the world: it's 10.40am here in the Netherlands!
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    Happy Morning Dudes and Dolls....7 minutes...are we ready?

There is a Gabe in my games, at least in my FB for the game or is it my android. Anyway, welcome and have lots of fun. Nice to meet you. Ready to grind?

Welcome.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    who wants to countdown with me? 2 minutes 50 seconds. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    Great start, you guys. Lost 5 KStars because "Something went wrong" after I submitted my look. Hell, why do I even bother.

Also for some reason I thought that we will have 5 star gig event, but it's parties. There goes my 8-hour reality show started in advance. Sigh.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• HazelCHazelC Registered Users 26 Posts
    Seeing this event pop up in my game again made me realize how much i truly do hate it. I had the exact same problem Kate! Looks like i fell for it again. Also would love for the throwback items to be updated, maybe it will give people more motivation to get all the boxes. Because right now i'm not intrested in either one of the events.
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    The dreadful nightmare returned + a party midweek event is too much on my schedule. Sitting this one out :)
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I think nothing changed... same 10 k stars to submit a look for the pro tier.
    For me it's too much, I'm not going to even try again.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Cherry_cokezCherry_cokez Registered Users 116 Posts
    Great start, you guys. Lost 5 KStars because "Something went wrong" after I submitted my look. Hell, why do I even bother.

Also for some reason I thought that we will have 5 star gig event, but it's parties. There goes my 8-hour reality show started in advance. Sigh.

Me too!
    i lost 5Kstars too because "something went wrong" so sad
    hmmm... did Glu already change their algorithm for this event? I don't see any pop up message saying about the votes, looks like the same as before...