Monday brings a birthday...and a MidWeek? 1/24/17

Comments

• kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    Great start, you guys. Lost 5 KStars because "Something went wrong" after I submitted my look. Hell, why do I even bother.

Also for some reason I thought that we will have 5 star gig event, but it's parties. There goes my 8-hour reality show started in advance. Sigh.

Oh Kate, I got the same Ooops something went wrong but still took my stars, Ever the idiot, I hit resubmit lost another fee of stars, and then got the same error message....but this time it said wait, and then said I lost ......to a mismatched clearly NPC with clashing shoes and blue lips. So.....I'll wait to see how others do.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    πŸ¦‹Purple Headed β™Š+ πŸ₯₯ Chick Playing iOS & Android πŸ¦‹
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Dana_358Dana_358 Registered Users 72 Posts
    It has exactly the same bugs and negative outcome. You enter and get an error message that they could not enter you. Few minutes later you get the outcome. The audition you win and the others are won by basic looking NPC. Just party around a bit and not spending anything.

FYI : you need to click on the event speaker to see the event is there.
    Oh, and who votes? I didn't get a chance to vote for anyone, or am I misremembering this?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I'm sorry we're all having the same problem. I don't think I'll try this again, because I'm hoping for a VIP this weekend and want to save up for it. Just boxes for me
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    So glad Glu spent a whole five minutes "fixing the bugs" in this event. There's nothing I enjoy more than error messages, not being able to vote even though I'm being judged, and then having to wait 24 hours to do it all over again (even though the little megaphone on the side says the event's over in less than 20 hours). Even if I loved everything else about the event, I would never spend KStars on anything this glitchy.
    Iolanthe Β· level 35 Β· A+++
    ok, I'm showing an outside timer of 19 hours 34 minutes, don't know what that's for. Tap it....takes me to the WWIB - no timer, tap no thanks - takes me to the 5Star Event /2 days 16 hours, goes through to the TBBox Sale ....maybe that's what ends in 19 hours? Anyone have any thoughts? I have this dopey need to know what everything means on my game dashboard
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Dana_358Dana_358 Registered Users 72 Posts
    Oh, and who votes? I didn't get a chance to vote for anyone, or am I misremembering this?

Nobody votes. I'm very disappointed because now you see the voting is steered and based on votes of others.

The outcome is also faster as during weekend when I was voting.
  • xHannahxHannah Registered Users 26 Posts
    Parties?! And this, again?! Urgh
  • SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Same thing for me, took my stars, I didn't get to vote because "something went wrong"' and then I lost to some hideous looking mismatched outfit :mad: then it tells me it wants more stars to submit another look :mad: :mad: so exactly the same event as last time :mad: :mad: :mad: and parties after a party weekend, REALLY?????? Sitting this event out too, I'M SO DISAPPOINTED, GLU!
    Oh Kate, I got the same Ooops something went wrong but still took my stars, Ever the idiot, I hit resubmit lost another fee of stars, and then got the same error message....but this time it said wait, and then said I lost ......to a mismatched clearly NPC with clashing shoes and blue lips. So.....I'll wait to see how others do.
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    Once again, this WWIB is disappointing. I'm not even done competing in the first round yet then I got an error message suddenly so I exited the game, came back then a pop-up saying i won 2 freaking energy bolts like seriously?! This WWIB did not even let me finish voting and waiting for results, I just got a pop-up error message.
    You know, I submitted a DECENT look but the winner is just wearing basic clothes i mean like those what we call "default clothes" so maybe you guys should just call this event NOT Who Wore It Best because even we try our BEST, we just couldn't win. Whatever we do, we just couldn't win. Smh
    ✨🌹 βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–βœ¨πŸŒΉ βœͺΒ πŸ’Ž πŸ’‹ 🌟 πŸŽ† ✩ πŸ’— β™›Β πŸ’–
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Yeah, it looks to me like they changed absolutely nothing. Even the items you're supposed to style re the exact same... I did the free one in each of my games, and got a different bug in both of them! In one game I actually got to vote, but only on the second and third round not the first, and it just kept showing me the same two dolls together... fun.
    I mean, I wouldn't even spend money on it if it wasn't glitches because I just don't think it's a good deal, but this way it's even more atrocious.

Oh and the timer is because the item you're supposed to style will change then... it was the same way the last time we had the WWIB.

Edit: Autocorrect changed WWIB into WWII...
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    I tried for the first tier in which you don't have to pay any k stars to enter.
    I got the "something went wrong" error and so I couldn't do anything.
    Then it appeared the results and I got (what do you think?!) the eight place, yey!
    I can confirm that nothing changed, the winning look was the same one of the past WWIB event: ridiculous or basic.
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts
    I also lost 10 kstars after getting the message "something went wrong..." Luckily, I noticed after two submissions and decided to come here to see what everyone else was experiencing. The winning looks are still awful. No changes there.

Hit me baby one more time. This event just smacked me again. But....ever the optimist, I've had a little caffeine and I'm going back. I'm a spending fool, but that Pink coat has my name on it. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    So I keep getting the error message which results in me never being able to vote which then results in the most ugly outfits ever winning. Like I don't want to seem vain or anything but every single time my outfit is bomb af yet someone who pairs the jacket with those ugly white pants wins? How does that even make sense??
  • buffyslayergalbuffyslayergal Registered Users 27 Posts
    So Glu "fixed" the event by somehow making it even worse...

Gave it one attempt for 5 stars. Error message and no opportunity to vote, no reimbursement of stars. I guess that's that! Again.

And yeah, I don't think I can face dozens more parties mid-week, especially with no bonuses along the way to help accumulate faster. I'M OUT.
  • Gabebot3000Gabebot3000 Registered Users 64 Posts
    So were basically a day a head that's neat linda ^_^ btw the event has started her it started 1 and a half ago
  • urnxournxo Registered Users 236 Posts
    Wow, this is the first time I have flat out refused to participate in an event but I'm not throwing the kstars I've earned back after the last one back into that mess to maybe win something.
    Really wish I would have known it was a party event too. I couldn't even finish the weekend event. Since it said 5star throwback I started an 8 hour reality show before bed last night. There goes my head start... Ughhh
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus
    Android 7.0
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Sil5678 wrote: Β»
    I tried for the first tier in which you don't have to pay any k stars to enter.
    I got the "something went wrong" error and so I couldn't do anything.
    Then it appeared the results and I got (what do you think?!) the eight place, yey!

LOL me too! Thought that at least I would get some free k-stars, but, got the error message and after a while a window popped up saying that I got the 7th place, the winner was a basic NPC.

Anyway I won't participate on this kind of event ever again. Honestly GluGods you're wasting your time and money putting these events out there.

Want to GIVE us an opportunity to get past items? I'll repeat for the milionth time:

WARDROBE THROWBACK SALES WEEKLY!!!!!

Now about the mid-week event, this was my first set of boxes:
    VyHYcLa.png?1

Beautiful huh?

Grind 600 points every week to mostly get 3 krap prizes and probably an ugly throwback item is VERY discouraging, no wonder tons of people are rioting on these events more and more.

Remember, quality over quantity! We don't need mid-week events every week, give us them once in a while bringing 4 throwback boxes and SYS back to the play. Something worthy of our time and money.

Why are you so afraid of making fan service? Can't you see that though the game is a really great product, it doesn't manage the players' expectations on so many levels at this rate?

What we're asking isn't something impossible or that will damage your profit. So what's up with that?

*sigh* I don't even know why I try...Think I'm speaking to myself.:(
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    You echo the sentiments of a lot of players. I'm going to try doing a mix of all three activities. I remember once you were spending a lot if stars, eventually you'll be victorius. Someone must be enjoying the events,....what about the TB Box sale? Who's doing that one?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Glu, would you please return my five kstars since "something went wrong"?
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Good morning everyone! I'm ready to grind. I told myself I'm only trying for the gold box and what happens, happens so I won't be disappointed when I don't get to the TB which is unlikely unless my game is left open the next two days.

I'm completely ignoring the WWIB event. I left off on the 10 k-star entry for that weird Sherlock Holmes-y dress so WHO CARES. NOT ME! :):) I spent almost 200 k-stars last time I will not be fooled again.
  • BlacChynaBlacChyna Registered Users 43 Posts
    Um that's strange i only got the WWIB event i don't have the throwback event is that a bug or something??.
    Beyonce is pregnant with twins respect God and bow down. And happy black history month where all the blacks get the appreciation they deserve and black heroes who are long forgotten will be remembered all this month. :cool: - A'sia
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Someone must be enjoying the events,....what about the TB Box sale? Who's doing that one?

Hacked players?rJREHpU.gif
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts

Of course we reviewed your feedback about the first Who Wore It Best? event. We have adjusted the gated items so you can show off your creativity more when you style outfits to submit, and we resolved a couple of bugs we found.

I donΒ΄t see any differences between the first event and this one. ItΒ΄s exactly the same and nothing changed.
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    Yeahhhh. I don't see any changes? And like everyone else, I lost five k stars to enter a round that I was subsequently locked out of. Yay! Off to a stunning start. Hope the hackers have better luck this week as the legit players won't be, apparently.
  • LiaLia Registered Users 113 Posts
    Julesmo wrote: Β»
    Glu, would you please return my five kstars since "something went wrong"?

The exact same thing happened to me. It was foolish to even attempt this event again but now I'm 5 stars short with nothing to show for it.
    Game Centre: +Lya+
  • kiko.parkkiko.park Registered Users 165 Posts
    I feel like it'd be more fair if participating in the WWIB would be free? Like I lost about 10 k-stars because of this.. I really like the concept of it but it's so unfair that it's always the ugly outfits who win. Anyway, how do I get my k-stars back?
    Vats wrote: Β»
    Hacked players?rJREHpU.gif

Ok, you're a bad bad boy Vats. And you know what that means. I'll go change the girls outfits. You just sit and think about what you've done.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    πŸ’œVats
    πŸ’œ#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PeachyKKeenPeachyKKeen Registered Users 19 Posts
    Why don't we get a free entry this time into the WWIB? I have to pay 10 k-stars because I am at the Pro level from last time. I also want to save my k-stars for a VIP so I don't just want to spend them all willy nilly.