Ads aren't rewarding Kstars/no Videos to watch

124Next

Comments

• AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    I'm glad it works for you too, stephk111!
    Wow! You had the problem for months!
    I did it right after getting no help from Glu support (no videos for 5 days). I'm so impatient. :p
    Glu support told me, "video availability is completely dependent on advertisers" ...
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    This continues to frustrate me daily so I just have to make a thread about it.

Whenever you select "get free stars" to watch a video for a free k-star, it is STILL skipping the screen that allows you to select "video offer" or "other offers" and going straight to the "other offers" screen (see screen grabs below). The only way around this is to wait a minute or so and try it again and that usually fixes it but then it does it all over again once you try and watch another video. It's a HUGE pain!!

This has been happening ever since the 5.7 update. I've mentioned it on the forum before as have other people I believe and I put in a help ticket as well. The response I got was basically, "I have forwarded the issue to our team and hopefully they will make changes to the game." Hopefully?? It would be reeallllyyy nice to know if Glu is actively trying to fix this. I can't take it anymore. GLU pleeassseeeee fix this already!!

This is the screen that it's skipping:
    unnamed.png

Instead, it goes straight to this:
    unnamed_1.png
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I'm sorry this is happening you're not alone, I get the same thing some days, mostly Android, and now when I do get a video to watch, it's just one and then we're moved to the "Other Offers' page. I know Glu was looking into this. I'll find the earlier thread and merge this with it, but it will still be up in the forefront. I think most of us have just accepted it and figure maybe it will change back to how it was someday, but if you're making a push for results, I'm sure other will pop in also. I hope we can get this resolved.

I know initially the answer comes back that it depends on a number of things, and if the advertisers aren't there for it, you won't get a video. (this also related to what KatieAlexandraa said about rating the game in that thread) So fingers crossed, I think we'd all like to see our free stars for videos return. But, perhaps those videos are the ones we get to either get rapid recharge, or the extra GB videos. If you have 10 videos I guess glu decides where they're be distributed, and mabe they're going for the recharge and GBs. Who knows? I'll go merge the threads so we see how it transpired, and where we are on this.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Okurrr, I moved your post to the existing thread. If you read the last few pages, you'll see a number of people have uninstalled/reinstalled to get videos back, but read their posts, Specifically Angeline&Jon I think, and decide if this is for you. Uninstalling/reinstalling is not for the faint of heart. I am fortunate, I'm a device grabber, when my family gets a new device, I grab onto the old, and I have a 'back up' device to ensure my game is saved, before I attempt an uninstall/reinstall. That's something to consider. So read, decide if you want to try and fix it yourself, or try to push through for a glu fix.

First, glu has to determine there is a problem that is NOT due to the variable of sometimes there just aren't videos, then they'll have to trace it back and determine if it's game caused or Fyber. How did you leave off with Customer Care?
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    I know initially the answer comes back that it depends on a number of things, and if the advertisers aren't there for it, you won't get a video. (this also related to what KatieAlexandraa said about rating the game in that thread) So fingers crossed, I think we'd all like to see our free stars for videos return.

But the advertisers are there because it's still letting me watch 20 videos daily. It's just I have to fight the "other offers" screen from coming up after each video. Usually if you wait a minute or two before watching the next video, it solves the problem. But having to do that after every video is a pain, and makes the whole thing take much longer than it should.

I know there's also an issue where you watch a video and getting an energy instead -- this happens to me too but only sometimes and usually only on the first video. This actually doesn't bother me too much cause it doesn't happen a lot.

Thanks for trying to offer some assistance. I really do hope that Glu is working on this stuff.
    So far the complaints have been to the best of my knowledge
    • watching a video for a star only to be given an energy.
    • watching videos and then no payout whatsoever
    • watching one then getting the other offers screen
    • videos drying up after an earlier update

If I missed one, I apologize. Some posts cross over into a few of these issues, The whole stars for videos, and even other offers seems to have heated up after an earlier update. Glu is right here with us, so it helps when we're a little organized. Glu doesn't say they'll look into something and then drop it. But as more people fall into these things, it brings it to the forefront at least in the forum and that brings me back to glu is here with us.

I noticed after getting the no more videos, but taken to other offers, if I go back in a minute, there is another.

I hope we can get some info on at least some of these issues. And if customer care left you an opening for further discussion on it, you can always ask another question on the same ticket.

And note to everyone: please don't submit multiple tickets for the same issue. It clogs things up, and everyone waits more. Thanks for understanding. :)
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    So far the complaints have been to the best of my knowledge
    • watching a video for a star only to be given an energy.
    • watching videos and then no payout whatsoever
    • watching one then getting the other offers screen
    • videos drying up after an earlier update

If I missed one, I apologize. Some posts cross over into a few of these issues, The whole stars for videos, and even other offers seems to have heated up after an earlier update. Glu is right here with us, so it helps when we're a little organized. Glu doesn't say they'll look into something and then drop it. But as more people fall into these things, it brings it to the forefront at least in the forum and that brings me back to glu is here with us.

I noticed after getting the no more videos, but taken to other offers, if I go back in a minute, there is another.

I hope we can get some info on at least some of these issues. And if customer care left you an opening for further discussion on it, you can always ask another question on the same ticket.

And note to everyone: please don't submit multiple tickets for the same issue. It clogs things up, and everyone waits more. Thanks for understanding. :)

Thanks for recapping everything! Yeah, seems like there's a few different issues going on.

"I noticed after getting the no more videos, but taken to other offers, if I go back in a minute, there is another." -- Glad you were able to do this! Seems like after a little persistence, you can end up getting your normal # of daily videos. Just takes some patience to wait a lil bit between each video. :)

The response to my help ticket was basically that they forwarded the problem to the team and hopefully it would be fixed. So I don't know if it would be annoying or not to send a follow up note. I just have hope that one day they'll fix it eventually.
  • KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    We're still working on this! There's no need to contact customer care about it right now, as we we're aware of the issue and working hard to fix it.
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Whenever I'm watching videos from the free offers to earn more kstars, I'm noticing that I'm only earning two kstars per day :( on my devices. I don't understand why I'm earning less kstars with this current update:confused:.
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    Good to know it's on the radar. I'm still getting not even the option to watch video, I'm just immediately redirected to the Fyber wall of shady offers.

I mean, really shady. Most of them are either "sign away your email/phone number to scammers" or "secretly sign you up for an expensive text messaging service under the pretense of entering a contest" or, more recently, "complete a 'quiz' that makes you navigate a minefield of adverts culminating in requiring you download some random app" and then it doesn't even pay out. Honestly with every one of these offers I try to compelete I trust Fyber less and less.

I'd much rather just watch a simple ad even if it doesn't pay out a whole lot. Plus there may actually be an interesting game in those ads every once in a while.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • SapphoSappho Registered Users 284 Posts
    I don't actually do most of the other offers once I see what they're really about, but I tried one of the quizzy ones (it didn't require me to put my email anywhere just navigate page after page of ads) and then it didn't pay out so I'm not doing those again.

I did the Game of War one a while back. I'll think about the Mobile Strike one but I'm worried that it'll change payouts while I'm doing it and I won't get the max payout I signed up for. :/

There are precious few of those offers I would actually do. Mostly the "watch a video" ones but they're increasingly rare. Honestly I feel like having an offer wall with so many dubious "trap" offers might reflect badly on Glu.
    I finally made my iOS doll a Facebook account so it's now possible to add me! :)
    Weird Al is life. <3
  • MiimoliinMiimoliin Registered Users 109 Posts
    Sappho wrote: »

There are precious few of those offers I would actually do. Mostly the "watch a video" ones but they're increasingly rare. Honestly I feel like having an offer wall with so many dubious "trap" offers might reflect badly on Glu.

Agreed. I'm also being sent directly to the offer wall, and I run out of "watch videos" options quickly. I hadn't even been looking at the wall until last weekend's 2x points. I'll probably continue like that, saving all the videos available to watch until I can get 2 stars from them. This might not be the best way (idk how often new videos are posted) but that's the most satisfying way of using the offer wall to me.
    iOS users add me on Facebook here, I'm always looking for new in-game friends.
    You can call me Lulu :)
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,454 Posts
    I really hoped the update fixed this glitch, but unfortunately it did not... I rarely get the option to watch videos for free to earn a K-star - I'm usually sent straight to the offer wall - but when I do get the option I'm rewarded with 1 energy...
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Good News: This has been resolved! Let us know if you still experience similar issues.
    #VIPKalinda
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
    Good News: This has been resolved! Let us know if you still experience similar issues.
    Yes I noticed it yesterday, but wanted to wait a full day to see if it lasted, but it is fixed!! So happy, thank you Kalinda for posting it and thank you Glu for the fix!!!
    Linda

#KKH4Life

It did seem to do better yesterday but now today, it's skipping straight to the video wall again. At least for me. Anyone else still having this issue?
    Okurrrr wrote: »
    It did seem to do better yesterday but now today, it's skipping straight to the video wall again. At least for me. Anyone else still having this issue?

Oh no! It only sends me to the offer wall when I'm out of my daily batch of videos to watch.
    Linda

#KKH4Life
    See if it happens again tomorrow Linda. One of mine was wonky but today it corrected.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Naomi77Naomi77 Registered Users 212 Posts
    for day or so now I am able to watch videos but the reward doesn't show up be it energy/star or cash after running the video time
    It's definitely still skipping straight to the video wall for me. :(
    Sorry this is happening. Is anyone else still not getting the star (or any reward) for watching a video? Please also post your platform, and we'll try to get some help for you.

Okurrrr, you said it goes straight to video wall, you mean the Other Offer wall? If you pick one (maybe a video to watch in the other offers) do you get the reeward or no? When there appear to be no videos to watch, that may not be a glitch, just an absence of videos to watch depending on everything from device to location. It's harder to determine why there are no available videos, vs watching the video and not getting the reward, but I'll bring both aspects up to Kalinda for you guys. Again sorry it's happening.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • pattettepattette Registered Users 19 Posts
    Hey guys, I might know what Okurrr is talking about—this has been happening to me for a couple of weeks now, but at first I thought it was just a Fyber screw-up and not Glu. When trying to click on "Get free stars!", more than half the time it just shoots the "Other Offers" wall up instead, or gives the same video every single time before giving a chance to press anything else. When I *do* get the odd chance to tap the "Video Offer" button it's always the same video as well. Even if I use the offer wall and watch a bunch of trailers, if it doesn't straight up turn to a black screen and freeze, it plays and quits on its own and sends me back to my game. Either outcome leads to no stars, or just one. Sounds a lot like the issue Selena.kkh posted in this thread: http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?237291-K-Star-Video-Problem

I don't get why it's doing this, but I'm already submitting a message to Glu about this and the other problems I have been encountering since the holiday update (of which there are many).

If I hear back soon with a viable solution, I'll post it! I mentioned this in another post, but I'm using the updated game version, reliable WiFi,
    and updated iOS. Tons of space on my phone, "limit ad tracking" is never on, hard-quitting or powering off makes no difference. I get that this is a freemium game and there are bigger issues in the world, but this is my special brainless fun time at the end of looonnng work days so please, Glu, bring it back to normal :( Don't make me have to read a book or talk to my boyfriend or something, I can't grapple with that.
    The video offers are run by a 3rd party. If your game goes straight to the offer wall, then you've run out of videos to watch. The limit on the number of videos you can watch is determined by that 3rd party, so we can't control it.

I'll tell the team about what you're experiencing and make sure it isn't affected by a glitch.
    #VIPKalinda
  • pattettepattette Registered Users 19 Posts
    Thanks, Kalinda. Tbh I am less worried about the videos not working and more concerned with the constant crashing.

But I sent in my tickets to both Fyber and Glu for those separate issues so I'll hang tight until I hear from someone (not holding my breath for Fyber).
    The video offers are run by a 3rd party. If your game goes straight to the offer wall, then you've run out of videos to watch. The limit on the number of videos you can watch is determined by that 3rd party, so we can't control it.

I'll tell the team about what you're experiencing and make sure it isn't affected by a glitch.

Whenever it goes straight to the other offer wall, I go back to the previous screen, wait about a minute, and then try it again and it let's me watch another video. So that can't mean that I've run out, right?

I'm able to watch about 18-20 videos daily, but I have to fight the straight-to-offer-wall problem after almost every video I watch. I feel like this can't be normal because I never had this issue ever until update 5.7. Usually when it's out of videos, it will plainly say "sorry there aren't any videos to show right now."
    Instead of seeing the pop up message that said "sorry there aren't any videos to show right now," the game will take you straight to the other offers.
    #VIPKalinda
    Instead of seeing the pop up message that said "sorry there aren't any videos to show right now," the game will take you straight to the other offers.

It's still giving me the "sorry there aren't any videos to show right now" message when it's truly out of videos. That message hasn't been replaced. I got it just last night when I was done watching my daily videos.

I know you're telling me that if it skips to the offer wall that I'm out of videos but I just have to say respectfully, that's not the case. Because every single time it does that, I just go back to the previous screen and wait a minute and then it let's me watch another video. It only stops after I get the "sorry" message I noted above.
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    My game has been going directly to the other offers pop up page since November-- around the time that I first bought k stars. I haven't gotten any videos except on the other offers page since then. I REALLY miss these videos! I heard that if you turn off "in-game purchases" you could get your videos back, but that option seems to have gone away with the major update.
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook.