Monday brings a birthday...and a MidWeek? 1/24/17

12346Next

Comments

• Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    Can someone please explain to me on what's going on for the weekend? I saw this photo from their Facebook page and it does look like it will be a VIP event. What's the deal with the platinum hair? Is it the hair that Kalinda mentioned that will be in the boxes? The icon looks like it's going to be a party event.. LOL
    FQJhDJH.jpg
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I am not sure what the post is about, but the platinum hair was from a weekend event several months ago. This could mean that it, along with other newer throwback items, are going to be added to throwback boxes. I don't think the post was meant to be a spoiler for the weekend event, but it may be.
  • VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    What 'TFW' means anyway?

The post says we can get what we want or something like that... maybe a throwback at the store?!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    I'm still desperately waiting for glu to bring back the store's throwback sale. If it's coming back, I'll be all over 9 :cool:
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections

• thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    What 'TFW' means anyway?

That Feel When (a.k.a. "How you feel when..." or "That feeling you get when...")
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Can someone please explain to me on what's going on for the weekend? I saw this photo from their Facebook page and it does look like it will be a VIP event. What's the deal with the platinum hair? Is it the hair that Kalinda mentioned that will be in the boxes? The icon looks like it's going to be a party event.. LOL
    FQJhDJH.jpg

The blue sparkly box that's shown is usually the icon for the free box on a professional weekend, though...

And the platinum hair is from a few months ago, I actually have it! Could it be that Glu has listened to pleas for more tb box hair and will actually be adding hairstyles from past events to weekend event giftboxes?! Maybe with one hairstyle added each week, this platinum one being the first...this is probably very much wishful thinking, but you never know!

I'm very confused by this picture, but also very intrigued ha ha.
  • Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    I didn't get the midweek event.. again. Oh well, I don't mind it, as I don't really have that much time to waste for a single TB box. :rolleyes:
    Excited about this weekend, though!

I noticed on the previous page that some of you shared your experiences with meeting celebrities, and I have a story which I've been dying to share for quite some time now.
    Not sure if anyone of you remembers the show Suite Life of Zack and Cody, but in a nearby shopping mall close to my high school, I ran across Brenda Song, who played London Tipton (yay me!). I was waaaay too shy back then to ask for a picture, but even seeing her in my hometown gave me such joy. ♥

Still.. my all-time dream is to randomly bump into Kendall on the street. I'd probably have a heart attack right on the spot, lol. X)
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    I'm still desperately waiting for glu to bring back the store's throwback sale. If it's coming back, I'll be all over 9 :cool:

Yes yes yes!!! Pleeeassseee GLU!
  • Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Omg and if they will bring back the wardrobe throwback sale during this next (I suppose) vip weekend event? That would be amazing, I think I'll going to spent all my save k stars for it lol
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Syndra xSyndra x Registered Users 788 Posts
    FQJhDJH.jpg

What could this photo mean... hmm Maybe it's a VIP event? Haha. But I already have the platinum hair so maybe it means they're going to add "more recent" event items and "more hairstyles" in throwback boxes?!?! If it's true then that would be really awesome because what I usually see in throwback boxes are just accessories. GLU should put at least 1 formal wear, 1 casual outfit(top), 1 casual outfit(bottom), a bag, shoes, an accessory, a facial feature and a hairstyle in the palette. So that makes it 8 different kinds of event items in 8 throwback boxes... to be uhm equally distributed. Haha. Because it isn't really motivating to see that most items in Throwback boxes are just accessories...
    -_- Just my opinion haha
    ✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖✨🌹 ✪ 💎 💋 🌟 🎆 ✩ 💗 ♛ 💖
  • katiealexandraakatiealexandraa Registered Users 1,171 Posts
    The Twitter picture was a bit different!

Screen_Shot_2017_01_25_at_9_07_04_PM.jpg

It looks like some sort of VIP with throwback boxes? Maybe they will be incorporating them into weekend events? Or this could have just been a funny post about how happy you are when you get the item you want in a TB box (it's been awhile since I've even been able to GET one of those).
    ♡ iOS (level 64 A+++) ♡
    ♔ Instagram: katiealexandraa.kkh 
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    We won't know what the weekend event is, till we get teasers tomorrow in the new Weekend Event thread. But I'm sure it will be lots of fun. We've heard cute jackets and ......HAIR.

But this hair - was from over a month or so ago. I'm psyched. And I'm still waiting to see what everyone got in their TB box.
    :)

Screenshot_2017_01_25_20_51_43_1.png
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    TFW stands for "that feel when". Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the weekend event but rather just a play on getting TB items you really want.

Still hoping for a VIP. I'm sick of grinding
  • KaylaJKaylaJ Registered Users 2,954 Posts
    And I'm still waiting to see what everyone got in their TB box.
    :)

for you koko

1st box energy
    2nd box kash
    3rd box necklace

I quit after the gold box, but i did buy a TB

2d00w04.jpg

I look like I'm going to teach some French class

Also, from the Twitter post, these are the pants shown

IMG_4330.jpg
    Find me on FB facebook.com/jasperkkh.37669
    let me know and i'll approve quicker!
    IOS

2020 Graduate of Clown College
  • YesWeJennYesWeJenn Registered Users 102 Posts
    Screen_Shot_2017_01_25_at_9_07_04_PM.jpg
    OBSESSED with the braid hairstyle! Can't remember seeing it before... Has it been around? If not, please please please make it earnable!
    iOS | Level 73 | A+++
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    My boxes were an utter disappointment... but since last week's were soooo great I just had to see if my luck would continue.

IMG_4768.jpg
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    Haha keep an eye on our social media channels... we've got a funny post coming up that aligns perfectly with what you've been talking about!
    FQJhDJH.jpg

I think it is what Kalinda announced, just a funny post... Ofcourse I'm hoping it will mean so much more, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Edited to add: The hair is definately new and I think the top and that bag are too..?
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Thank you. If someone says "here'so a riddle" it's usually just that....a riddle. But it gave us a diversion. Now darn it....I want to see what you guys got in your TB boxes. ☺

Good morning
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    That Feel When (a.k.a. "How you feel when..." or "That feeling you get when...")

Thanks for explaining the meaning to me thinkthistle!:)

Yeah now that I got the whole sense of the sentence I agree with Linda's post, maybe we're reading (misreading in my case) too much and that's meant to be just a funny post as Kalinda stated.

I'm sorry that all the effort to finish the event didn't took you anywhere Linda. I'm 11 points away to be done and the event has been sooooooooo ridiculously difficult. It also is hindering my game schedule, I'm late for SCL, SCSD and the Ice Club gigs.

Kayla your doll looks absolutely lovely!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
    10 hours left and I've got 86 points until I hit the gold box...

This is ridiculous. I'm going back to bed.
    Oh, I'm sorry Thinkthistle, but you have to do what feels right for you. Do you want a cheerleader, or a bedtime story? I'm here to please. Your avatar looks lovely btw.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    Less than 9 hours left, and I'm at 514 points. I'll probably make it, but man, it has been a slog. I got k stars and energy in my first two boxes, not bad, and then this cute romper in my gold box:

dGr8wfV.jpg

The glasses Everly is wearing were her TB item box from last week-- I love them!

There were no TB items in any of my black or gold box pallettes, either. Hope my TB item is good!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
    #TFW after grinding so hard to reach the absurd amount of 600 points on a mid-week event and you get for the third straight week (probably 50th time overall) an item in the color that you most loathe and won't wear it ever!
    sqocC2L.png?1

Seriously, is this real life? Can't believe I went through this hell of event to get THAT as 'reward'. Really frustrating.

Glu needs to reconsider these party events during the week, is not doable at all. I just made it thanks to the 3x energy bolts I got at the first 3 boxes, plus the energy bolts I collected from the partnerships, and also because I decided to play turns when I woke up during the last two nights... Ah c'mon!:(

haftime Everly looks so cute! I love her shoes!
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    I didn't participate in the event at all, I was just not feeling it. I hate parties...

But since I don't care for the items this weekend and therefore won't be needing my KStars I decided to pay to open some boxes.

sig9QiI.jpg

fsTxmj2.jpg

Yeah, the only thing I'm ever going to use is the small black purse I think. The big one is just too big, the pirate hair maybe for dress up? But I don't even have the costume so... and the pink purse is like my personal green boa. Oh well, the next time can only get better haha
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Made it to my gold box. Cash of course :rolleyes:
    that's pink? I've been styling it as cantelope, or melon color. But if I have to think of it as pink....I don't know if I can wear it anymore. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    I got 25 k-stars in my first box which was amazing! Then got some stupid earrings and cash in my 2nd and 3rd boxes. Decided not to go for the last box because I wasn't sure if I could make it and I probably wouldn't get anything good anyways so why waste my time.

This kind of event is almost always a waste of time and energy for me. In the future, I'll likely just go for the first box since it's very reachable, and then stop. I know everyone says this all the time but I wish they would go back to where all 4 boxes had TB items.
  • tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Just finished grinding to the gold box...expectations were high...and I got the black basic daily gift box jumpsuit which I'm *sure* I already had. Disappointed doesn't even cover it :(
    So I was two points and less than one star away from from getting the gold box, with zero lightning bolts and the event was ending in five minutes. After all the work it took to get there, I couldn't give up, so I bought some energy. I got a partnership tile. I thought, "I didn't come all this way for that," so I dropped an extra 20 KStars to open another box. 40 energy. And that is the story of the last time I participated in a midweek throwback event.