Options

Weekend Event 1/27/17 - Shopping Spree or Tap Dance, WWIB?

Comments

• Options
    Sil5678Sil5678 Registered Users 389 Posts
    Cherrey wrote: »
    I'm in love with the gift box boots! I'm pretty much out of stars, so I'll probably not get them. The earnable choker is super cute aswell! I also like the purse. I need to spend 150 Kstars for it, right?
    I'd like to know it as well! Can someone confirm if the purse is 150 k stars or 300?
    And even for the choker, how much k stars is it?
    Android Player

KKH level 52
    KKG level 27

Playing since the release
    Doll's name Sylvia
  • Options
    LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Oh no, I was so looking forwards to a VIP because there are so many items I want to buy but I really don't care for the earnables :/
    Definitely not going to buy much this weekend, maybe I'll go for the choker.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • Options
    VatsVats Registered Users 4,773 Posts
    Koko that is the funniest intro you ever made! Laughing hard!;)

Thanks for the spoilers Kalinda!

Wow so much info! My head is spinning...Decisions decisions.

The blue shoes are cute, we have one exactly like those in green, the plaid pants are mediocre, but they work with the whole outfit, the jacket is incredible! Now I'm just asking to myself if these earnables are worthy of spending 500 k-stars or should I hold them to a dream event that never comes...

Aside the shades that are basic, I love the boxes' items, definitely they pump up my chase mood! Andrzej sending good vibes to you get the dreadlocks, they are A-WE-SO-ME! The purple coat is super cute, the bunny <3, need it to impress Koko. I love the pink color of the pants, just their short trouser hem annoys me a bit.

Ok I'm in the heat of the emotion, I have the whole weekend to see what happens and make decisions decisions.

Cherrey and Sil, you need 15 to the box, 50 second prize, 300 third prize and 500 last prize.
    Viva La Vida Á La Vats!
  • Options
    soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    $20 for SMC?! *faints*

I'm going as far as the choker.

I hope I win the boots or top in my box :)
  • Options
    tiramisutiramisu Registered Users 169 Posts
    Ooh, I love the earnable choker and bag (but will almost certainly stop at the choker) and the gift box hair and boots! I'm also glad of a VIP weekend to rest and catch up on storyline gigs without having to grind on parties, dates or reality shows :)
  • Options
    isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Welp, not buying the SMC for $20. Even if I liked the items--though I kind of
    like the hair it's not worth wasting 20 bucks on--I wouldn't pay double the regular price...and I couldn't care less for the number of K-stars offered.

Are we going to be bombarded with pixie cuts now?

No need to open any GBs, I don't care for anything offered. Gonna be a money-in-my-own-pocket weekend what with not buying my weekly twelve 40-K-star boxes. I have enough stars already to get the earnables I want, so....

Twenty-dollar SMC. Double the regular price. Do you think I have "stupid," "fool," or "su*ker* stamped on my forehead? DOLLS! I IMPLORE you to not set an outrageous precedent by buying this SMC.
  • Options
    haftimehaftime Registered Users 970 Posts
    I've been looking forward to a VIP because I have lots I want to buy-- poses, makeup colors, exercise equipment in the gym, and new pets and locations-- I'm especially curious about the new SC Toronto. I just don't think I'm going to go for it this time, though. I'm not crazy about the earnables, except the 500-point one, but I'm definitely not going that far.

The gift box items are great. I LOVE that Glu is including some shorter hair styles for women recently! I really like having a variety of styles in my wardrobe. Thank you, Glu! I really hope I get that GB jacket.

I just wish I could earn stars again. I don't mind buying some occasionally, but I used to be able to watch daily videos for stars, too-- now it only ever loads the other offers page, which rarely has videos. They are double stars right now, though!
    My doll's name is Everly Rook, I play on iOS, and I'm on FB at facebook.com/everly.rook. 
  • Options
    Muse DiaMuse Dia Registered Users 28 Posts
    Will we be getting the 1 kstar for completed shoots, filmings and so forward?

Was really looking forward to a VIP, but these earnables really dont do it for me :(
  • Options
    NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    By the way, the Shop My Closet price going forward will not always be $20. The price displayed in the promo window is for this weekend's outfit.

My question is why is it $20? is Glu testing this price to see if players will still pay for it? I understand that the offer includes K stars, but many players only get the SMC for the clothes, not the stars. I think from now on the SMC should be items only and if a player wants K stars in addition they could just buy a star pack, because for the player it would come out cheaper. I looked at a past SMC that had a hairstyle, outfit, shoes, and 60 K stars for $10.00. This SMC has an additional 55 K stars added to it, and a 50 star pack costs $5.00. So, assuming that K stars is 10 for $1.00, the additional 55 K stars should bring this price up to about $15.50. So, after doing all of this I came to the realization that this SMC is not a good deal and at most it should be $15.99.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • Options
    KalindaKingKalindaKing Moderators 5,602 Posts
    Muse Dia wrote: »
    Will we be getting the 1 kstar for completed shoots, filmings and so forward?

Yes, we're running a Bonus K-stars event this weekend too!
    #VIPKalinda
    http://smarturl.it/PlayKKH
    Add your platform (ex. iOS/Android) to your forum signature & save your IDs so we can help
    My posts offer a sneak peek at upcoming features and prizes. Details are subject to change in the game.
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Vats wrote: »
    Cherrey and Sil, you need 15 to the box, 50 second prize, 300 third prize and 500 last prize.

Thanks, Vatsey! Ugh. 300 is a bit out of my reach, but the choker is mineeee :D
  • Options
    kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,115 Posts
    I love love love the boots, the bag, the dress, the jacket....not sure if I'm groovin on the short hair....I reEaly wante the braided number in yesterday's hint...... but we'll see.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    OkurrrrOkurrrr Registered Users 92 Posts
    Can someone tell me how many k-stars total we need to spend to finish the VIP event?
  • Options
    Selena.kkhSelena.kkh Registered Users 143 Posts
    Kalinda,
    I guess I'm not the only one having this issue, but whenever I try to get free stars by watching videos, the screen that gives me the option to click "video offer" or "other offers" won't pop up. The "other offers" page automatically pops up instead. It's quite annoying and I wish it could be fixed because I miss out on getting stars or in this case, double rewards.
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    $20, I assume it will be 20€, is waaaaayyyy too much. I'm not paying that. I thought the 15 SMC was a lot, but I bought that. I would gladly buy the SMC if you took some of the stars away and lowered the price. Just saying.
  • Options
    Selena.kkh wrote: »
    Kalinda,
    I guess I'm not the only one having this issue, but whenever I try to get free stars by watching videos, the screen that gives me the option to click "video offer" or "other offers" won't pop up. The "other offers" page automatically pops up instead. It's quite annoying and I wish it could be fixed because I miss out on getting stars or in this case, double rewards.

This is an ongoing discussion in the support forum. Here's the thread if you want to add your comment there.
  • Options
    CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,496 Posts
    Okurrrr wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how many k-stars total we need to spend to finish the VIP event?

Here is your information:
    Vats wrote: »
  • Options
    Thanks, Cherrey! Appreciate it. :)
  • Options
    Yeah, but NQ, I just like the 60 stars that come with a bundle. You are most definitely right, but I--and I know plenty of people don't, though--buy whatever stars I want anyway. It's just a teeny bit more fun this way. Now, about that bag and trunk coming with our our star purchases...and how about adding some more Perk Points prizes too?? Pleezeeeee :D

Oh, right! The shoes are kinda cute, too, I wouldn't mind having them, I suppose. But "want" and "not mind" are two diff things, of course. Bundles with outfits and shoes--and oftentimes hairstyles, too--and the requisite 60 stars, are what gets my vote here--and my financial transaction is a thumbs up. I just love the bundles!
  • Options
    I would buy it also, at the usual $9.99 and 60 K-stars. Want the hair, but the number of stars can't justify the doubled price--I suspect they're counting on many, many dolls wanting the hairstyle--so many people always do--and think we'll lose all sense of reason, mad-scrambling for it. No, nope, nooo, thank you. In fact, Glu, can you just put the hairstyle--or one of the very similar ones the Kardashians have braided their locks in--for sale in the wardrobe already? I think more people would be inclined to go for it that way. The "outfit," such as it is, isn't exactly a deal maker, just saying.
  • Options
    SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    So $23.72, including tax, for the SMC ....... ummm no! just NO!!
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    SugarK wrote: »
    So $23.72, including tax, for the SMC ....... ummm no! just NO!!

Oof. I've bought every single SMC so far so, this is going to be tough. Not the best time for me to be spending extra money on stuff...I'd do it for sure if it were the normal $10 (and still might, because I'm weak), but this'll be the first time I have to really think about it. If it were even just 15, that'd be more reasonable.

But SMC stuff never shows up in throwbacks, right? If it's my only chance to get it, I may cave. Guess I'm kind of a completist...I always want to have everything! :-) And I'm not so good at telling myself no....
  • Options
    zitronezitrone Registered Users 194 Posts
    isabeau wrote: »
    I would buy it also, at the usual $9.99 and 60 K-stars. Want the hair, but the number of stars can't justify the doubled price--I suspect they're counting on many, many dolls wanting the hairstyle--so many people always do--and think we'll lose all sense of reason, mad-scrambling for it. No, nope, nooo, thank you. In fact, Glu, can you just put the hairstyle--or one of the very similar ones the Kardashians have braided their locks in--for sale in the wardrobe already? I think more people would be inclined to go for it that way. The "outfit," such as it is, isn't exactly a deal maker, just saying.

I'd pay 9.99 for it. I might cave and pay 14.99. But 19.99? No way.

There's a psychology in the price and for 9.99 it's a little treat for me once in a while. Who cares about $10 for a little treat? $20 is not a treat. That's like an expensive dish at a restaurant. Nope.
  • Options
    Apple charges me tax, GooglePlay doesn't. I mean the outfit is really nice. I already see myself pairing it with boots, ...gotta go see the outfit again. I don't know. I don't think Kim's kloset ever ends up in TBs.....decisions decisions. lol
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    Ladouce FemmeLadouce Femme Registered Users 549 Posts
    That's insane! I always find that the conversion rates here in Canada is crazy. If it's 20 US dollars it's going to be like 26+ Canadian dollars and that's not even with tax!

Otherwise I can't wait for this VIP event and buy some new clothes... not feeling the gift box except for the jacket!
  • Options
    Look at this guys. :)
    bootsdress.jpg
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Options
    lalaloveyoulalaloveyou Registered Users 122 Posts
    So SMC's don't show up in throwbacks, but they occasionally come back around, right? I feel like people have posted about having an SMC on a weekend when I didn't have one, and when they post screenshots, it's an older SMC that I already own. Or am I wrong?

If there's a chance it'll come back around, perhaps I can convince myself to wait it out. Just a bad week for me to be spending extra money....
  • Options
    Lana~Lana~ Registered Users 70 Posts
    I l-o-v-e that scarf from the GB. Earnables are pretty cute too, I need to get my hands on that bag.

Anyway, good luck to everyone! :)
  • Options
    thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    Wait - I think the throwback event has gotten my days all mixed up. Is this event starting (about) 11 hours from now, or one day and 11 hours?

(Also, I've been thinking a lot about getting the pink hair, which is 50 KStars and I do like the choker, so I might be changing my mind about not participating in this one.)
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • Options
    Carol DavidaCarol Davida Registered Users 6,145 Posts
    Your prediction for a VIP event came true. Now you can get a couple of the items from our social media posts. Let's go shopping!

Jan_27th_Female_Event_Promo.jpg

I the choker, the fuzzy wussy purse and I love the openly jacket too.:)
    Daily Android KKH player

Carolette Davie (the all-American bittersweet feminist) ➡ the diva's cousin

If you would like to be friends with me in-game please PM me so that I'll know that you're from the glu forums. Tyvm☺

Follow me on IG

#SafeStorage #MaleDollsMatters #BonusStarForParties #BoycottTrendsetters #DontPunishPayingCustomers #MoreAdsForKstars #StopKollections