General Complaints Thread

Comments

• daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    I just went to watch a few ads for free k-stars and I got an ad that was THREE MINUTES LONG!!! 180 seconds! Seeing as each ad is usually MAX 30 seconds longs, this one should've given me 6 stars. Nope! 1 star for me!

Glu, if you're robbing me of my precious time, I should be able to rob you of your precious k-stars!

3 minute ads. Glu what the hell were you thinking when you added 3 minute ads.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • LindaVBLindaVB Registered Users, Moderators 7,448 Posts
    daffodil wrote: »
    I just went to watch a few ads for free k-stars and I got an ad that was THREE MINUTES LONG!!! 180 seconds! Seeing as each ad is usually MAX 30 seconds longs, this one should've given me 6 stars. Nope! 1 star for me!

Glu, if you're robbing me of my precious time, I should be able to rob you of your precious k-stars!

3 minute ads. Glu what the hell were you thinking when you added 3 minute ads.

I got those too a while back, but thankfully have not had them since... Besides taking up precious time, I got them a few times when I was outside my WiFi area so it was using up my internet!
    Linda
    Daily KKH player since 2014 ~ iOS

#KKH4Life
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • LiiLii Registered Users 736 Posts
    Can you please stop it with these party midweek events? Just do 5-stars, aren't midweeks supposed to be so that players who have completed everything and have max fans still have a reason to play? Don't make them do the one really annoying task where the only upside is that you gain a lot of fans.
    PM me if you want to be friends, I'm playing on iOS
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    Lii wrote: »
    Can you please stop it with these party midweek events? Just do 5-stars, aren't midweeks supposed to be so that players who have completed everything and have max fans still have a reason to play? Don't make them do the one really annoying task where the only upside is that you gain a lot of fans.

I think midweeks were started as a response to the forum complaining that there was nothing to do between weekend events. I know it seems crazy thst we would say that when it's only five days lol. So Glu gave is a short midweek. People loved it and played it. Then the midweeks got longer. Then they were taken away after a solid few months of always getting them. Then they came back, tweaked again to be harder to finish and the prizes became less generous. There were flashes of awesome here and there but they were always discontinued. Now you have pay for play, iffy prizes, for the first time, simultaneous events. One of which will continue through the weekend event. I'm afraid they might be planning on running the game that way now.

Since all of this benefits hackers, and hackers haven't spent a dime on Glu, it must mean that the majority of worldwide players are paying and glu sees revenue up. We are a vocal forum but just a tiny slice of the pie.
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    I don't think Glu will continue to see a trend in sales if they keep promoting events that benefit hackers. There was no getting ahead in the WWIB last time and as a paying player, when you see all these people on social media posting about their new items and their goofs of pictures that clearly show they have a k-star hack, it's frustrating. Why am I paying to play and not getting anything in return when a cheater isn't spending a dime and making out like a bandit?
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    I don't think Glu will continue to see a trend in sales if they keep promoting events that benefit hackers. There was no getting ahead in the WWIB last time and as a paying player, when you see all these people on social media posting about their new items and their goofs of pictures that clearly show they have a k-star hack, it's frustrating. Why am I paying to play and not getting anything in return when a cheater isn't spending a dime and making out like a bandit?

I agree with you. And maybe this will be the thing that causes them to scale back, if they get too greedy. We have thought that before, though. I wonder if there is a way to find out how many daily players KKH has? I wonder what demographic plays (and PAYS) the most? There are many who don't cheat but are also unconcerned with those who do. If they keep paying up, we are just going to see more tiered pay for play.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    sometimes I can't win. In my first box, I consciously decided to NOT pick my usual box....it would only have cash I was sure. So I picked a different one, and got Energy. Do you know that a TB black and gold dress was in my usual box for the 25Event point prize? Did I get it?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Yes, I'm just about done kicking myself in the butt. It's not an easy feat, but when you have to you just have to.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    My method is close my eyes and tap lol. I do it with daily boxes and event boxes. I seem to usually pick the top third but whenever I purposely pick that one (as in my "lucky" box) I always get something crummy.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    Charli wrote: »
    And it's not even a super exclusive item. This NPC has it too:

uoc6lUh.png

She's also the one who's auctioning/selling it in the 2nd gig of that storyline, in the female dolls' game. Better than that dopey emo kid blocking the way to isabeau's store. Srsly annoying. But hey, yeah. For 140 K-stars, and it's v obvs *not* exclusive. Very out of character for me, I *did* blow the 140 stars on it (after getting rid of that bidding twit Willow). I thought, and I was right--it's totally fn killer on my doll. Note though, again, it's not my thing to pay more--double!--than I would for something in the wardrobe. I have to really, reallllllyyyy want something. And I wanted it absolutely. Plus, it was so unexpected, different, and out of the blue the way it happened; and, getting that second chance...it was all an unexpected novelty for sure. I liked that.
    Please don't refer to Simon as "old man Orsik." I hate the disrespect. Someone's been giving him funny dialog these days, and it is funny, which is great. But gotta draw the line at constantly making fun of him; it's off-putting and distasteful.
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    What the heck Glu?! I watched at least 25 ads last night for K stars and I only got 4 stars as a result. Today I watched 10 ads and didn't get any stars at all. The prize says I'm suppose to get 2 stars for watching ads since the stars are doubled, so I expect to get 2 stars for every ad I watch. Seriously Glu, I'm not sitting here watching all of these ads for my health. People were complaining how you are now getting stingy with giving K stars for the special offers, but this is ridiculous. Please fix this. :mad:
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
  • hoodstar9hoodstar9 Registered Users, Banned Users 424 Posts
    It's too bad SavageKKH isn't around. I need an "End Conversation" button for support. The latest response was enough to make me wonder about the modified version of KKH. It's like I was put on some sort of "special watch" list or monitoring system after my Shop My Closet and Kim Pick refund :mad:
    isabeau wrote: »
    Please don't refer to Simon as "old man Orsik." I hate the disrespect. Someone's been giving him funny dialog these days, and it is funny, which is great. But gotta draw the line at constantly making fun of him; it's off-putting and distasteful.

This makes me dislike Simon less than what I do, he has been there from the start. There are times I would like to be patient and tolerate his antics but given the opportunity, Bianca will switch to Ryan Starr.
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    What the heck Glu?! I watched at least 25 ads last night for K stars and I only got 4 stars as a result. Today I watched 10 ads and didn't get any stars at all. The prize says I'm suppose to get 2 stars for watching ads since the stars are doubled, so I expect to get 2 stars for every ad I watch. Seriously Glu, I'm not sitting here watching all of these ads for my health. People were complaining how you are now getting stingy with giving K stars for the special offers, but this is ridiculous. Please fix this. :mad:

25 ads!? I get NOTHING WHATSOEVER to watch...and you're getting 25!! Something so wrong here, and something so badly unfair. Anyway, never watch the Direct TV en Espanol. I remember it would appear *constantly!* and no matter how many times you watched it it gave NOTHING, wth??

Glu: Where are MY vids?????????
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    25 ads!? I get NOTHING WHATSOEVER to watch...and you're getting 25!! Something so wrong here, and something so badly unfair. Anyway, never watch the Direct TV en Espanol. I remember it would appear *constantly!* and no matter how many times you watched it it gave NOTHING, wth??

Glu: Where are MY vids?????????

I watch the videos under the 'Other Offers' option and scroll through the list to find ads to watch. There are usually 10-20 for me to watch and those numbers increase the longer I go without watching ads under that option. As far as the 'Watch Video' option, I get about 3-4 ads a day. My issue is that I'm not receiving the K stars when watching ads from the 'Other Offers' only the 'Watch Videos' and this issue has never happens to me.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    NQueen331 wrote: »
    I watch the videos under the 'Other Offers' option and scroll through the list to find ads to watch. There are usually 10-20 for me to watch and those numbers increase the longer I go without watching ads under that option. As far as the 'Watch Video' option, I get about 3-4 ads a day. My issue is that I'm not receiving the K stars when watching ads from the 'Other Offers' only the 'Watch Videos' and this issue has never happens to me.

I hate the whole messing around that's been done with the vids altogether. I used to get six every day, now I get none. If it's a problem of my being stupid enough to buy stars, I can stop doing that, no skin off my teeth. (What does that even *mean*?? Skin--teeth??) The video offers I get from the offer wall are few and far between. But yeah, if I don't bother with it for a while then I have maybe five or so. Bah! This whole business sux!
    I hate the whole messing around that's been done with the vids altogether. I used to get six every day, now I get none. If it's a problem of my being stupid enough to buy stars, I can stop doing that, no skin off my teeth. (What does that even *mean*?? Skin--teeth??) The video offers I get from the offer wall are few and far between. But yeah, if I don't bother with it for a while then I have maybe five or so. Bah! This whole business sux!

LOL! I've never heard skin off my teeth. I've heard skin off my nose and skin off my back. I just looked it up some claim it's a biblical reference and the skin referred to is actually gums. Not sure of the context
    LOL! I've never heard skin off my teeth. I've heard skin off my nose and skin off my back. I just looked it up some claim it's a biblical reference and the skin referred to is actually gums. Not sure of the context

Ha, ew...that sounds so...eek; did they do periodontal work in those days?? So cool you looked this up soundspretty, thank you!!!
  • daffodildaffodil Registered Users 603 Posts
    According to a pop up i got after updating, glu wants me to delete my game and start over, because im using "unapproved payment methods".

Im using my Visa card to pay for the (old) monthly vip membership.

Unapproved my ***.

Time to bring out the big guns.
    hackers can burn in hell
  • thinkthistlethinkthistle Registered Users 220 Posts
    According to a pop up i got after updating, glu wants me to delete my game and start over, because im using "unapproved payment methods".

Unapproved my ***.

This has been a common problem since the update, just in case you didn't know. There's a thread about it here.
    Iolanthe · level 35 · A+++
  • LemonyLemonLemonyLemon Registered Users 31 Posts

Unapproved my ***.

I'm really frustrated because I have the same problem and now I'm missing the Midweek Event because of it. I feel like we're being punished for having a monthly subscription and it's even worse that actual hackers aren't having issues. I go on Instagram and the hackers are doing just fine.
    ok, I remember when daily gift boxes started. You had a fair chance to win an item. THen all the other things were added, and I haven't had an item from a giftbox in forever. But....I picked a box today, watched a video and picked another. But there is no collect button. (see the tile for VIP amadux? I won that tile right? 1/3 of a prize, but I'm ok with that)
    VIP_tile.jpg
    so I start tapping around, I shut down, open, nothing. THen I must have hit another box because 4 energy is in it, and now I can collect. I tap collect and (sorry i didn't think to take a shot) In addition to the VIP tile I picked and won, there are 4 more VIP tiles. Ok I think, this is great. Then I wanted to see what new prize I was playing for......and here are my empty slots for that tile.

Partnership.jpg

So, I submit a ticket to customer care, then it dawns on me. I had to tap a 3rd box to collect, because unless I'm a subscribed VIP, I do not get this tile? So 5 of my 8 possible prizes was full of items I can tap, but I can't have? So 3 boxes had prizes I could collect.....cash, cash and energy. At this point the daily gift box has become an annoyance and i'd like to opt out. 5 our of 8 things I can tap but i can't have? If it's random, what happens when all 8 are VIP tiles?

ETA: Oh when the 3rd box opened I assumed I'd bought an extra box in my frenzy of tapping anything to get out of the screen.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • CherreyCherrey Registered Users 1,492 Posts
    I had to tap a 3rd box to collect, because unless I'm a subscribed VIP, I do not get this tile?

You are right with this assumption. The same happened to me today. If you are not subscribed to the the matching color, you're not able to pick the tile up and you have to chose another box.

Glu's algorithm probably makes it impossible to have 8 VIP tiles in one pallet. Hopefully.
    I happen to think 5 unobtainable boxes stinks. Might as well put in old GB items I've won. I can't win them twice so just stick it in the GB Palette and if I pick it, just keep going till I find that magic box with 4 energy.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • PatyPaty Registered Users 195 Posts
    I thought these VIP tiles would only appear to those who signed the package. Imagine my surprise when I opened my box today and a VIP partnership appeared. This only serves to diminish the chances of completing the free partnerships. I mean this is great for those who signed the VIP package, but for those who did not, it's just a way to make us feel bad about it.
    Phew. Breakfast made, son gone Max the lovable mutt taken care of, lunch made for son and washing done. Oh, did I mention caffeine. Thanks Cherrey for confirming what I figured out. But I just have to set the scene. When my boxes popped up, and I picked one, watched a video picked another....then boom. dead screen. So my first reaction is oh no you don't you lousy device you are not glitcing my game. Hence the frantic shut down, in what seemed to be a frozen screen. Then I open up again to be in the same place. So, my 1st thought was game glitch, then when I realized it was the game showing us what we would have gotten had we been vip members just smacked me in the face. A little explanation goes a long way. But no worries. my usual good mood is back (having my morning housework done helped. lol) thus, you won't see me here for a while again. This was a drive by complaint, fueled by my own ignorance and lack of caffiene induced energy. Plus a member and I are misunderstanding each other. Boy do I wish we had better emoticons. lol. But that' s working out too I hate hurting people's feeling by ambivilent text.

Happy Wednesdays guys.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • ofortunaofortuna Registered Users 137 Posts
    I know this has been talked about to death, but I really think they need to redevelop how our dolls make money considering how expensive everything is getting (180k for Venice for example. Seriously?). The way we are making money now is in no way shape or form equivalent to how items from the wardrobe or from the realtor are priced.

Getting $250 as a base for a reality show is just too little now. At least if you are above a certain level of fans double it or something at least.

Certainly most of us are on the A list, why do our paychecks for gigs/reality shows not reflect that achievement?
    I feel you. It's so hard to save up cash in the game (at least for me). I have the jet so free travel which helps a bit but not enough. Every time I get over 100k Maria tempts me with a house and I'm back to square one. I haven't even decorated most of my homes because I can't afford a 30k sofa.
  • eggegg Registered Users 413 Posts
    I had to open the boxes four times because I kept getting VIP tiles and I thought that maybe it was like, part of the game. i thought that if you got a VIP tile then you could get another box for free.
    Like, this doesn't feel right, man. You shouldn't display the tiles for people who aren't paying, especially when they take up most of the spots in daily boxes.
    ♡ doll's name: dolce
    ♡ call me egg tho
    ♡ a+++ / level 99
    ♡ iOS
    ♡ i type in lower case to keep my tubular & cool façade
    Does anyone else get mildly annoyed at how long it takes to go around and collect energy from pets? Especially when you get to homes where it's in a second room.
  • AngelineJAngelineJ Registered Users 1,511 Posts
    egg wrote: »
    I had to open the boxes four times because I kept getting VIP tiles and I thought that maybe it was like, part of the game. i thought that if you got a VIP tile then you could get another box for free.
    Like, this doesn't feel right, man. You shouldn't display the tiles for people who aren't paying, especially when they take up most of the spots in daily boxes.

Yes this bothers me too. So far, three days in a row, I had three VIP tiles and the rest were all energy & Kash. None of the partnership tiles showed up in my daily gift box palettes.
    🍎 iOS dolls📱  
    #DontPunishPayingCustomers