Feedback on Valentines Boxes

maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
Hi guys. I thought I would maybe start a specific thread to discuss the Valentines event that is running concurrently with the Reality show event.

I think Glu nailed this one and I want to give kudos. Is the company still pretty greedy? Absolutely. 100%. But was this event fair and enjoyable?

Absolutely.

$2.99 is not an outrageous price to pay (for some/most) to send gifts to friends. I really, really appreciated that when I purchased a box, I was guaranteed an item. I am much, much more likely to spend real money on the game when I'm guaranteed an item. I love that when I purchased an item for myself, I was able to subsequently gift one to a friend as well.

I don't have a lot of critique to offer for this event. I think it still has a few bugs. I gifted myself one box from my guy's game account to test the process and it never showed up in my girl's. But all the other boxes I've sent have shown up (to the best of my knowledge) to my friends.

I would love to see the price drop to perhaps $1.99 to make it more accessible to the community at large, but I won't split hairs over one dollar. It would also be great to send cross-platform gifts, but this is not Glu's fault and I'm not really complaining about this as it's out of their hands.

So anyway, the tl;dr version is: More events like this, please. Loved it!

Comments

• SugarKSugarK Registered Users 1,783 Posts
    Max thanks for starting this thread. I think it's important for Glu to always hear our feedback good and bad. Personally I like this new feature and I'd like to see it again in the future. My giftboxes were $3.99 each, $4.50 including taxes, so that's getting a little pricey, but because of the GUARANTEED prizes I was willing to purchase a few. The bonus of buying one AND sending one to a friend also swayed my decision to purchase.

One suggestion I would make is an option to stop receiving gifts once you've obtained all the items. I know there were "additional" gift items available (I got 20 stars after I had received all the items) but I'd hate to see my friends spending money with the intention of sending a gift when there are no more gift items to be had.

Good job this time, Glu :cool:
  • Atomic KittenAtomic Kitten Registered Users 5 Posts
    I love the idea of sending a gift to someone to brighten their day. Hopefully in the future we'll have the opportunity to do so again although I hope for a price adjustment as well. My gift boxes were $3.99 but after purchasing the third and choosing another random friend to send it to, everything in my game went to hell. My event disappeared, and I have no idea if any of my Valentine boxes were delivered. I've already posted details about this elsewhere and will hopefully hear back from Glu. I'm bummed out that I won't be able to get the last two items of the event now either.
  • JulesmoJulesmo Registered Users 640 Posts
    My price was $2.99 and I thought that was reasonable for a guaranteed item plus the chance to also gift someone.
  • CooleenCooleen Registered Users 80 Posts
    What happens when you have no friends to send the second gift too?

That is my situation...
    Game Centre Name: ColleenAndrew. - KKH: Cools
  • AleneaAlenea Registered Users 4 Posts
    I think this was a great idea, I bought all of the boxes and love everything (especially the dress). The only downside was that my fourth and fifth boxes haven't shown up yet, I should've waited after the fourth didn't show but I was hoping it was just slow. I sent a message to support so hopefully they'll get back to me soon, but otherwise I think it's a great idea.
    ~playing on Android~
  • Melimda119Melimda119 Registered Users 49 Posts
    Cooleen wrote: »
    What happens when you have no friends to send the second gift too?

That is my situation...

This is me too. I have Game Center friends but they're all frozen so I don't know if they'll send
  • trevoractortrevoractor Registered Users 1,114 Posts
    I just keep getting this message after I bought a giftbox, anyone know how I fix it?
    IMG_3705_zpsmvamd9ns.png
    A+++ Lister // GameCenter: TrevorActor :cool:
  • maxrockatanskymaxrockatansky Registered Users 578 Posts
    I just keep getting this message after I bought a giftbox, anyone know how I fix it?
    IMG_3705_zpsmvamd9ns.png

PM Kalinda, Trevor! I think she has been helping with players that are erroneously getting this message. Make sure you include your platform, level (I think?), and your game ID. I also think there is a thread in support about this issue.
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    I also do not have friends in the game. I would have liked if there were the options to buy a box only for yourself for like $0.99 or $1.99 and an option to get one and gift one for $1.50 or $2.99 or something like that. That way users wish friends are encouraged to spend slightly more for a BOGO type offer, but users without friends aren't paying the same price for wasting the item that's gifted away.
  • EmcatEmcat Registered Users 135 Posts
    But otherwise I think this is really smart. I am so much more likely to spend a couple dollars to get an item guaranteed (and see what the options of items we might get ahead of time) than to maybe not get an item or only get a bracelet from a throw back box.
  • Muse DiaMuse Dia Registered Users 28 Posts
    Emcat wrote: »
    I also do not have friends in the game. I would have liked if there were the options to buy a box only for yourself for like $0.99 or $1.99 and an option to get one and gift one for $1.50 or $2.99 or something like that. That way users wish friends are encouraged to spend slightly more for a BOGO type offer, but users without friends aren't paying the same price for wasting the item that's gifted away.

Completely agree. I want the items, but at the same time since I dont have anyone added in the game it makes me not want to buy them since it feels like such a waste
  • CooleenCooleen Registered Users 80 Posts
    Or, people could have the option to keep the second gift for themselves... gift to a friend or show the love to yourself! Lol

I'm not going to spend my money on this because I don't have anyone to send the second gift too... but I totally would have spent my money if there was the option to spend less for just the gift for me, or spend the amount of money that the gifts are now, and have the option to keep both gifts.
    Game Centre Name: ColleenAndrew. - KKH: Cools
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Alenea wrote: »
    I think this was a great idea, I bought all of the boxes and love everything (especially the dress). The only downside was that my fourth and fifth boxes haven't shown up yet, I should've waited after the fourth didn't show but I was hoping it was just slow. I sent a message to support so hopefully they'll get back to me soon, but otherwise I think it's a great idea.

Same situation here. I bought 5 but only got 3.
  • kokokokonutkokokokonut Moderators 29,091 Posts
    I love the idea. Of course I have to go out and buy gift cards...but it's awesome. I was sent a giftbox that didn't show up, the event is new there's still time to get and send them all. :) Thanks glu.
    If you are having trouble DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!
    🦋Purple Headed ♊+ 🥥 Chick Playing iOS & Android 🦋
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    🌟If you want my attention please send a dm
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • soundsprettysoundspretty Registered Users 5,000 Posts
    Did anyone get a response from support? I was asked to take screenshots of my problem. *** am I supposed to take a screenshot of? I paid for 5 boxes and only got 3. Am I supposed to take a shot of my wardrobe showing I don't have the additional 2 items?
  • NQueen331NQueen331 Registered Users 577 Posts
    Did anyone get a response from support? I was asked to take screenshots of my problem. *** am I supposed to take a screenshot of? I paid for 5 boxes and only got 3. Am I supposed to take a shot of my wardrobe showing I don't have the additional 2 items?

While I didn't have any issue with getting all of my boxes, the only thing I could think of doing is take a screenshot of your bill from Glu showing you paid for five boxes and also some screenshots of your closet showing you only have theee items. I really hope this helps.
    Follow me on Instagram: @kkh.nubianqueen331
    If you would like to add me on Facebook please PM me.iOS Doll Name: Neko Lyon
    A++ Lister (Top 200)
    Reality Show: Life of a Lyonness (Top 400)
    Spouse: Max Mason (Top 50 Couples)
    If you do not like that the 40 K star gift boxes contain $4,000 Kash as a "prize," please visit this thread and share your opinion HERE
    I know glu is looking into the various Valentines Day Gifts issues. But that suggestion of showing your bill showing how many you bought and then ss your closet is a great one. How to show that the gifts you sent weren't delivered is another story. As a member said, if you're paying for 2, and only one is delivered...you haven't gotten what you paid for.
    10 days is a good window to work with, I'm sure it will all be resolved by then..
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Laralu529Laralu529 Registered Users 166 Posts
    It costs almost $50 for me to buy a box, so it's not gonna happen. Dollars are pricey in my country :(
    Call me Lu :)
    Android player

Add me on FB
  • KatePillgrimKatePillgrim Registered Users 884 Posts
    I bought one box for myself and got one from a friend. I liked the feature very much, but again it's too expensive for me. It's 229 rubles for a single box (it's more that 2.99$ by the way, it should be around 190; also to put it in perspective I earn 400 rubles for an hour of tutoring), so I'd rather buy some new drugstore make up or a bottle of nice Finnish strawberry cider if I want to treat myself. If it costed ~70 rubles (which is about 1$), I wouldn't mind and would buy much more boxes. I understand its not Glu's fault that dollar is so high in Russia, but that's just how it is for me.
    My name is Kate. Playing since 2014 *whew*
    I want to be your in-game friend! Please add me on Facebook:

• krystalkrystal Registered Users 235 Posts
    I agree with the posters who mentioned having a different price for people with no friends in the game. Like I wanted the items o I still bought them but then just have five presents not being sent. It's just annoying cause I paid for them too. $0.99 for just a single box, w/o sending one to a friend would have been a nice option as well.
  • isabeauisabeau Registered Users 1,968 Posts
    krystal wrote: »
    I agree with the posters who mentioned having a different price for people with no friends in the game. Like I wanted the items o I still bought them but then just have five presents not being sent. It's just annoying cause I paid for them too. $0.99 for just a single box, w/o sending one to a friend would have been a nice option as well.

^^^^^^^^^^
    I have a question, do you have to send the friend boxes as you buy them, or can you come back and have them sent later? I'm very antsy. lol.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • Mani86Mani86 Registered Users 237 Posts
    I have a question, do you have to send the friend boxes as you buy them, or can you come back and have them sent later? I'm very antsy. lol.

You can go back and send later. :)
    I think I love you. Thank you so much.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Hi. I have to ask that if anyone wants to gift boxes, can you start a central thread in Gifting? Otherwise this thread will be overrun with add info and it's too easy to cross the lines. Just remember it's useless without platform.

My 2nd Android bought a box....got the funky hair right away. So she kept going because that gown is lovely....boom classy hair. again.....the dress....but I did all 5. Happy Days. Now, about the purple starred basic heaux Koko vs the A+++ AppleP albeit frozen in the winter huntsmen warrior garb....without the legging I might add....heh heh winter. Maybe she'll thaw in the Spring.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
    Sorry, if you're asking for gifts, you can start a thread in Gifting and friends if you like.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary
  • LadyLoonsLadyLoons Registered Users 14 Posts
    I brought a box when it first came out. That was almost a week ago and still nothing. Glu asked me to send a screen shot and I did. I have heard nothing from them for 4 days now. I am very upset as I wanted to participate in this event.. at this rate I'll miss out on some cool outfits. 😠
    ok what prize did you get? DId you send a friend the other box? If not you can show the screenshot of the box waiting to be gifted, and if you tell me what it was, I'll show you exactly where to look, and where to screenshot it missing from the game.
    I Am NOT a Glu Employee
    💜Vats
    💜#VipKalinda
    #RecollectionsMayVary